Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2015, 16:35   #61
BHPian

re: Toyota Etios Diesel : An Ownership Review (18 Months & 20,000 kms)

10th of August 2015 : Dejected with Toyota for the attitude that they have shown so far, I sent them a mail. Attaching herewith a copy of the same for everyone's reference :

Mail to Toyota & Topsel 10.08.2015.pdf

Waited for their response; in vain.

12th of August 2015 : Irritated with things, not having received any response from Toyota so far decided to put up an Online Complaint on their website. Attaching herewith a copy of their mail to my online complaint :

Response from Toyota against Online Grievance Submitted on 12.pdf

Added it up with a post on facebook on Toyota's Page. Link as under :
https://www.facebook.com/ToyotaIndia...=share_comment

The very day got a phone call from Toyota (Social Media Department) on my update on facebook. They gathered all the required information from me, yet once again and mentioned that someone from the service team shall get in touch with me soon to resolve the matter.

Sitting on the 14th of August today, I expect no feedback from them at least before next week.

I still do not understand how much patience am I supposed to show and I do not know why I am refraining from filing a suit against them in the consumer court. Opinions of BHPian brothers solicited !!

Wishing everyone a Very Happy Independence Day in advance. JAI HIND !!
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 20:33   #62
BHPian

Regret the delayed update. I was travelling and just got back from a Ladakh Trip in my Ford Figo afew days back.

With the grace of everyone on the Forum who wished for the DRive Shaft issue of my Etios to get sorted; I got a call from Topsel Toyota on the 17th of August 2015 mentioning that they would do the needful by replacing the complete LHS Drive Shaft Assembly of my Toyota Etios on FOC Basis.

We booked up the Vehicle for the 19th or the 20th of August 2015. But, it was unfortunate that the Drive Shaft that had arrived from Toyota was the Modified Drive Shaft which is meant for the New Generation (recently launched) Etios. So, the needful could not be done on the given date.

Again on the 22nd of August 2015 (if I am not wrong, since I was out of station) the vehicle was called and the Drive Shaft was Finally Finally Finally replaced.

All this happened in my absence while I was travelling and I was informed by family back home that the problem has been adhered to and rectified.

It was just yesterday that I took the vehicle out for a spin in the evening to do a Road Test at my personal level. Thankfully could not trace any noise as of now and I am hopeful that the problem will not crop up again in the mere future by any chance what so ever.

All said and done, learnt a lesson the hard way - "All that glitters is not gold"

No matter how big a business you are running, customer satisfaction should be your prime focus which was not the case with the Toyota Dealer M/s Topsel Toyota.

I may have to travel 20 Kms out of the main town of Kolkata, but shall do that in the times to come in order to get my vehicle attended with care at the alternate Toyota Dealership from here onwards.I have heard some good reviews from BHPian Samba who just got his ETIOS's 50,000km service done at the alternate dealership and was very happy with their workmanship.

Thanks to the Team-BHP forum and specially BHPians - Amalji & Drive_Smartly for all their support and the concern that they had shown in this regard.

Last edited by AJ-got-BHP : 10th September 2015 at 20:34. Reason: Changes
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 11:27   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
Again on the 22nd of August 2015 (if I am not wrong, since I was out of station) the vehicle was called and the Drive Shaft was Finally Finally Finally replaced.

All this happened in my absence while I was travelling and I was informed by family back home that the problem has been adhered to and rectified.
Thanks for the update

Was the Drive Shaft replaced under warranty ? or you had to bear the cost ?

If possible, kindly update with the invoice for exact work carried out by the dealership.

Did you receive any feedback call from Toyota Bangalore ?

I am eagerly awaiting your ladakh Travelogue

Last edited by driving_smartly : 11th September 2015 at 11:29.
Old 11th September 2015, 17:49   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Thanks for the update

Was the Drive Shaft replaced under warranty ? or you had to bear the cost ?

If possible, kindly update with the invoice for exact work carried out by the dealership.

Did you receive any feedback call from Toyota Bangalore ?

I am eagerly awaiting your ladakh Travelogue
Yes the Drive Shaft has been completely replaced under warranty and I have not had to bear the cost for the replacement.

As mentioned earlier, I was out of station and family at home has misplaced the Invoice. Even I am in search of the same as I also want to be enlightened on what exactly has been done Once I find the Invoice, shall share the scanned copy of the same.

No feedback call till now from Toyota Bangalore. It really does not bother me now any further as bridging the gaps (of communication) seems a very difficult task for Toyota.

A small update on the Ladakh Trip shall follow soon on my other ownership review of my Ford Figo : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...00-kms-up.html; in a day or two. Watch out for that !!

The Trip to Ladakh was alongwith BHPian Avrendu (Thar), Samba(Etios) & SouraC (Swift) where BHPian Samba is doing to honours of getting the TL on air in the times to come. I shall chip in there for sure !!
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 16:17   #65
BHPian

The Odo just clocked 18,000 Kms right after the Durga Pujas and I thought to myself that it was a good idea to give the ETIOS a well deserved "Spa" right before the Festival of Lights i.e. The Occasion of Diwali !! Since we usually do all the cleaning before Diwali in our offices and at home, why should the Etios be left behind. It better be a party to the cleaning !!

Knowing that the car is used at home by my family members and is mainly driven by the Chauffeur, I decided on a Sunday to be used for it's interior cleaning and overall Polishing. Sorry .... we are supposed to call it detailing these days !!

Sharing some pictures (taken around some 2 weeks ago) :

My Toyota Etios Diesel - 3 years & 45,000 km update-p_20151025_133205.jpg

My Toyota Etios Diesel - 3 years & 45,000 km update-p_20151025_145911.jpg

My Toyota Etios Diesel - 3 years & 45,000 km update-p_20151025_145939.jpg

My Toyota Etios Diesel - 3 years & 45,000 km update-p_20151025_133305.jpg

Cost : Rs.1,100/= with the given service at my doorstep (at Home)

One of the dual horns was giving some issues and I had an extra horn with me. Got it replaced at Alok Automobiles :
My Toyota Etios Diesel - 3 years & 45,000 km update-p_20151026_120528.jpg

Also, the RHS Head Light Leveler had an issue. The ETIOS leveler works on Cables and the RHS Cable had snapped out from the Head Light Assembly; thus was not working. Toyota asked me to replace the Head Light Assembly whereas @ Alok Automobiles, the head light assembly was opened, the cable identified and put back into the slot and it was good to go and has been working fine ever since.

Apart from the above, the car is doing "so far so good" !!

Have more updated pictures to share, shall do that at a later date.
Old 11th December 2015, 16:48   #66
BHPian

Did a day trip to Karimpur (Nadia District) in the Etios yesterday !!

Total distance traveled was approx 450 Kms .... where just a little more than half tank diesel was consumed to do the run. I reached Kolkata at 1:10am and could not refill the tank to determine the exact FE of the vehicle for this highway run.

On any other given day, I would have taken my Figo, but since I was travelling for work and had to carry immense luggage which did not fit into my Figo's boot; I opted to take the ETIOS along for an out of the box Highway run which it is not accustomed to.

The experience was excellent and it was a welcoming change for me as well.

Route Traveled : Kolkata to Krishnanagar via NH-34 and thereafter diverted to Karimpur from Krishnanagar Town.

Drive Time :
Onwards Journey - 4 Hours 40 Mins
Return Journey - 3 Hours (as set sail from Karimpur @ 10:10pm)
(Disclaimer : I was not driving fast )

Overall Experience :
  • Excellent Comfort
  • Excellent Fuel Efficiency
  • The suspension worked effortlessly on the little undulated NH-34 stretch
  • Head Lights (with 130/100's installed) were a savior while driving back at night
  • The car behaved pretty well considering the load I was carrying with 3 people on board, a filled up boot and half of the rear passenger seat and floor loaded with 'heavy' stuff. There was no difference in it's overall performance. Rather it felt more rooted to the road - "truely a workhorse"

While driving from Krishnanagar to Karimpur came across this stretch of Mustard Fields and could not help myself to stop for some pictures :

My Toyota Etios Diesel - 3 years & 45,000 km update-dsc09429.jpg

My Toyota Etios Diesel - 3 years & 45,000 km update-dsc09433.jpg

My Toyota Etios Diesel - 3 years & 45,000 km update-dsc09436.jpg

Posing with my ETIOS :
My Toyota Etios Diesel - 3 years & 45,000 km update-dsc09428-2.jpg

The Classic B&W Snap of the Etios :
My Toyota Etios Diesel - 3 years & 45,000 km update-dsc09430-2.jpg
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 12:32   #67
BHPian

Update 1st of January 2016 : The ETIOS just crossed the 20,000 Kms mark and was due for it's Last Free Service from Toyota. Considering my past bitter experience with Topsel Toyota, EM Bye Pass @ Kolkata; this time around I opted to send the ETIOS for it's periodical service to Saini Toyota on NH-6, Jungalpur. They happily provided for a Free Pick Up & Drop Facility.

Work Performed :
  • 20,000 Kms Periodical Service
  • Oil Change with Mineral Oil
  • Oil Filter Change
  • Rear LHS & RHS Doors Locks lubricated/ adjusted
  • Head Light Focus adjusted

Charges Paid : Rs.2,036/= (Rupees two thousand thirty six only)

Attaching herewith a copy of the Invoice for everyone's reference :

My Toyota Etios Diesel - 3 years & 45,000 km update-p_20160102_115151_1.jpg

My Toyota Etios Diesel - 3 years & 45,000 km update-p_20160102_115207_1.jpg

No any other gambits with the Car so far and is simply doing fine.

Once again Toyota Etios proves to be a Pocket Friendly & a Hassle Free Daily Commuter.
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 15:31   #68
BHPian

re: Toyota Etios Diesel : An Ownership Review (19 Months & 22,000 kms)

It's time to make a desirable upgrade to the exterior looks of the ETIOS before I myself get bored with it. Any suggestions anyone ?

Sharing some pictures of a short highway run last month :

My Toyota Etios Diesel - 3 years & 45,000 km update-p_20160117_151946_1.jpg

My Toyota Etios Diesel - 3 years & 45,000 km update-p_20160117_152000_1.jpg

Though I cannot make much change to the bland interiors of the car, I simply love the Speedometer of the ETIOS although I do not know why :

My Toyota Etios Diesel - 3 years & 45,000 km update-p_20160117_132507_1.jpg

Keep glued, have something in mind and shall expect inputs from fellow BHPians as well
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 11:41   #69
BHPian

This one is for the critics !!

As always, it has been said that the Etios is one of the most under-rated budget sedans in India. But, mind you it has the capability to give most of it's competitors a run for their money. It is a tough nut unlike most similar !! You can drive it as if you hate it and it shall gladly take the abuse with a smile.

I happened to attend an OTR Event on Valentine's Day where a lot of action could be seen from the 4x4 owners. Initially myself and the Etios were just spectators before we joined in for some action ourselves. Sharing some pictures of Off-Roading with the Etios :

Strolling on the Slopes :
My Toyota Etios Diesel - 3 years & 45,000 km update-z-aj-6.jpg

Preparing itself for the climb up :
My Toyota Etios Diesel - 3 years & 45,000 km update-z-aj-5.jpg

My Toyota Etios Diesel - 3 years & 45,000 km update-z-aj-14.jpg

My Toyota Etios Diesel - 3 years & 45,000 km update-z-aj-15.jpg

My Toyota Etios Diesel - 3 years & 45,000 km update-z-aj-16.jpg

My Toyota Etios Diesel - 3 years & 45,000 km update-z-aj-17.jpg

My Toyota Etios Diesel - 3 years & 45,000 km update-z-aj-19.jpg

My Toyota Etios Diesel - 3 years & 45,000 km update-z-aj-20.jpg

On it's way downhill :
My Toyota Etios Diesel - 3 years & 45,000 km update-z-aj-2.jpg

My Toyota Etios Diesel - 3 years & 45,000 km update-z-aj-3.jpg

Doing a tough climb up with ease - encouragement and spotting by Sir Uday Bhan Singh :
My Toyota Etios Diesel - 3 years & 45,000 km update-z-aj-8.jpg

My Toyota Etios Diesel - 3 years & 45,000 km update-z-aj-10.jpg

Going down the same slope :
My Toyota Etios Diesel - 3 years & 45,000 km update-z-aj-11.jpg

Check the gap between the wheel and the wheel arch in the above (three) snaps. Fantastic !!

Making some history for itself with the 4x4 SUV(s) - A momentary snap :
My Toyota Etios Diesel - 3 years & 45,000 km update-z-aj-25.jpg
AJ-got-BHP is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2016, 10:55   #70
BHPian

"Change is the Only Constant" and I was desiring a change of Rims for my ETIOS. I had been looking out for a Set of (used) Alloy Rims for my Toyota Etios since a long time. It was a matter of nerves and patience to have found the right set at a reasonable cost. Considering the bitter fact that the ETIOS is usually driven by my Driver, I did not wish to buy an all new set and shell out that many chips.

Finally got hold of a Set of 4 OEM Alloy Rims of the Previous Generation Toyota Corolla and had a one to one with the seller before buying the rims and checked the rims to my satisfaction. Specs were same as required for my ETIOS - 15" Rim Size having 4 Holes & 100 PCD. Got them painted at Alok Automobiles and got them fitted at Indo Radial Club following the protocol of Alignment & Balancing.

Sharing some pics of the refreshed look of my ETIOS :

My Toyota Etios Diesel - 3 years & 45,000 km update-p_20160301_150632_1.jpg

My Toyota Etios Diesel - 3 years & 45,000 km update-p_20160302_095127-2.jpg

My Toyota Etios Diesel - 3 years & 45,000 km update-p_20160302_095145-2.jpg

Shall share the difference in the driving experience in my next post.
Old 2nd March 2016, 13:42   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Now that your wheels are also grey, maybe you could try painting your front grill and wing mirrors in a same shade.
Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 2106
Size:  631.1 KB

You could also try blackening the roof. To make the appearance a little sporty.
Dry Ice is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2016, 14:32   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Now that your wheels are also grey, maybe you could try painting your front grill and wing mirrors in a same shade.

You could also try blackening the roof. To make the appearance a little sporty.
The point you have made was already on my Agenda with the ETIOS. Will do some bling job in sometime and update the thread simultaneously
Old 5th March 2016, 15:29   #73
BHPian

5th of March 2016 : The ETIOS has just clocked 22,000 Kms on the Odo a few days ago.

ODO Reading a few days ago :
My Toyota Etios Diesel - 3 years & 45,000 km update-p_20160302_210627.jpg

Last week when I was on the highway, sprinting around with the ETIOS, I felt a slight shattering of the Brake Pedal at cruising speeds. The first thing in mind that came to me was the uneven surface of the Brake Discs. It alarmed me and I thought it's better to get it checked. Took the car to Alok Automobiles, Topsia today.

It is strange to see the tremendous rusting on Brake Discs these days. Also, what is strange is that the poor quality parts that are being fitted and supplied by manufacturers these days. Previously, I remember proactively changing Brake Pads at 35,000 odd Kilometers. These days

See the Condition of the Brake Disc :
My Toyota Etios Diesel - 3 years & 45,000 km update-p_20160305_113157.jpg

The Brake Discs after they were polished with the Brake Pads Replaced :
My Toyota Etios Diesel - 3 years & 45,000 km update-p_20160305_142102.jpg

The horns had become defective and thus I updated to a pair of ROOTS Windtone Horns :
My Toyota Etios Diesel - 3 years & 45,000 km update-p_20160305_145101.jpg

My Toyota Etios Diesel - 3 years & 45,000 km update-p_20160305_142113.jpg

Replaced the Stock Wiper Blade as well with ClearPlus Wiper Blades which are indeed doing a much better job :
My Toyota Etios Diesel - 3 years & 45,000 km update-p_20160305_142140.jpg

A Saturday Morning Well Spent !!!!

Last edited by AJ-got-BHP : 5th March 2016 at 15:31. Reason: Highlighting
Old 16th March 2016, 18:00   #74
BHPian

re: Toyota Etios Diesel : An Ownership Review : Update - 26 Months & 30,000 kms

Great going AJ! Always great hearing fellow Etios owners stories. I've the Liva VD. Just a thought, why didnt you switch to synthetic oil post 20000 kms? All the more benefits.
coolmel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 18:29   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Toyota Etios Diesel : An Ownership Review : Update - 26 Months & 30,000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
[b]5Previously, I remember proactively changing Brake Pads at 35,000 odd Kilometers. These days
Hi, such an early replacement is indeed shocking!
As far as I remember, our chauffeur driven Etios & Liva haven't needed such an early brake pad replacement.
The Etios is at 30,000kms and primarily used in the city and still on stock brakes that are doing a stellar job so far even after a few instances of hard braking.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks