Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2015, 12:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Pre-owned Black Italian: My Fiat Palio 1.6S Stile! EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
OBDII never worked on the stile :( But you can definitely try.
thanks H14. I will check if OBD scanner works.

Dashboard looks good with the paint removed. I will check if it needs to be done as I park generally in shade.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 9th May 2015 at 23:07. Reason: Typo: pain = paint
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2015, 12:45   #17
BHPian

Congrats on the acquisition of a true driver's machine. Wish you miles of 'winding' roads. As I have read, old 1.6 engines like the Fiat 1.6 and Ford 1.6 Sigma were a delight in themselves and they can never be compared to the downsized turbocharged engines like the 1.2 TSI. NA engines are said to be in a league of their own. Although, direct injection +turbo has taken over the saying 'No replacement for displacement.'

100BHP in a hatch must be real fun. This will be a true hot hatch if you slap on some good tires along with alloys and decent ICE.

You have driven a Polo 1.6, which is also a hatch with 100+ BHP. How would you compare it with your Palio?

Cheers,
petrolhead_neel
petrolhead_neel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2015, 17:11   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
100BHP in a hatch must be real fun. This will be a true hot hatch if you slap on some good tires along with alloys and decent ICE.

You have driven a Polo 1.6, which is also a hatch with 100+ BHP. How would you compare it with your Palio?

Cheers,
petrolhead_neel
Thank you! Yeah the car is fun to drive. Enjoying it for now but next on my mind is to change rubbers and alloys along with an RD chip or similar.

Polo was a very good car. Amazed by the response of the engine and the handling of the car. And the Steering feels great to hold. It ticks all the boxes and I would have gone for it if I was in the market for a new car or if my budget was close to 5 lakhs. But I had always a love for Palio and lucky to have found one in my price range.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2015, 17:35   #19
BHPian

Congrats Torquey Techie on your acquisition of a pristine Palio 1.6.

I have one suggestion though, the engine is already tuned for power from the factory (at least in case of my old GTX). Please avoid modifying this excellent Fiat and enjoy the gravelly sounding high revving beauty in stock. Also avoid K & N kind of filters if you intend to use it as a daily drive (whole big thread exists on their reliability). Any adverse mod and this engine shows immediately with very poor FE from my experience. Change all the fluids and rubber parts, including tyres and the car would be as good as new.
v.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2015, 19:35   #20
BHPian

Hi TT,

Great buy!! Palio 1.6@ 2.2L is just mouth watering!!

This car popped up in Facebook on a few groups and a lot of people were doubting the mileage done of about 6k kms.

The moment I saw the title of this thread, I was having a thought in my head that it would be the same car.

As Anand mentioned in the previous post, its best to have the Palio in stock mode without any filters as those motors already sound sweet!

Do change the tyres and bushes as they would have hardened over age. I had a close shave with Goodyear GPS2s on my previous car which developed a bulge after around 6 years even though mileage done was just 28000 kms.

Last edited by srinath34 : 9th May 2015 at 19:36.
srinath34 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2015, 08:37   #21
BHPian

If I can get such a fresh car, I will buy it today, eyes closed. How the hell you got this sweet deal? It is one of the best driver's car ever in India.
I would suggest take it to Navin at Automechs, excellent place near Koramangala, HSR Layout area in Bangalore. Here is the link to a dedicated thread on the same:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2015, 09:15   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

@Ashish, I stumbled upon another Stile recently on one of the sites. It was red / maroon-ish color and had a MH registration. You may want to search for it if you are interested.
Old 10th May 2015, 11:21   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Ashish, I stumbled upon another Stile recently on one of the sites. It was red / maroon-ish color and had a MH registration. You may want to search for it if you are interested.
MH one is already sold.. It was black, not red. Thanks for the tip though. I am interested in 1.6 only. Even a less run Classic 1.6 will do just fine, being a driver's car.
Old 10th May 2015, 19:59   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand View Post
Congrats Torquey Techie on your acquisition of a pristine Palio 1.6.
Thanks Anand. I will try to heed your advice but changing to K&N though is on my mind after alloys and tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
Hi TT,

Great buy!! Palio 1.6@ 2.2L is just mouth watering!!
Thanks Srinath. Yeah it was a sweet deal. To be honest I myself was surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
If I can get such a fresh car, I will buy it today, eyes closed. How the hell you got this sweet deal? It is one of the best driver's car ever in India.
I would suggest take it to Navin at Automechs, excellent place near Koramangala, HSR Layout area in Bangalore.
Thanks Ashish. Yeah I have heard about the place from my friend too. Will check it out soon.
Old 11th May 2015, 10:31   #25
BHPian

1.6 does work with OBD. Its only 1.3mjd code differs. Dont alter anything if you feel low on power after 3000rpm then you need italian tune up. Max torque is at 4150rpm and max power is 5500 rpm. Blow that carbon out and make her breathe easy. Get help from bangalore guys for scanning the car as it needs fiat 3 pin to obd 16 pin converter along with the tool
vijaycool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 20:32   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaycool View Post
Get help from bangalore guys for scanning the car as it needs fiat 3 pin to obd 16 pin converter along with the tool
Which Bangalore guys are you referring to Vijay?
Old 12th May 2015, 12:26   #27
BHPian

Hi TorqueyTechie,
Congratulations on the car!
Having owned and driven one for 6 years, I would suggest you move to synthetic oil as a first step. The Selenia branded oil sold by Fiat (same oil is used by petrol Linea) is reasonably priced and easily lasts 10k kms.

Others have advised and I will repeat - check the manufacturing date of your tyres. If they are indeed 7 + years old - Please change them.
Do get the brakes overhauled every alternate service. This is the achilles heel of the car. For a car that is capable of serious speeds and without ABS, this will help.

The'Lag' you mentioned is natural to the car at low RPM. My observation was that this car used to surge and growl after 3500 RPM. The peak torque comes at about 4250 RM if i remember correctly. Take her out on an empty road and you will be grinning ear to ear!

Enjoy!

Last edited by viper_711 : 12th May 2015 at 12:29.
viper_711 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2015, 17:13   #28
BHPian

That is a pristine car and a marvelous machine to own. The 1.6 NA is the last breed of super heroes that exist and its only the lucky few who get chance to own good ones.
I too own a 1.6 and i know how the drive feels. Check for all belts as they tend to turn brittle if left idle for a long period.
You can opt for a wolf fuel timing advancement which ive tried in my car and it drastically improves performance and gives more grunt. Congrats on your purchase and keep the thread updated
Nimish anthony is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2015, 17:52   #29
Senior - BHPian

The torque dies around 2500 rpm up until 3000 rpm, and kicks in once you are past 3000 rpm. This is the rpm zone you will enjoy the most. I hardly get to do it in city driving but once I hit the highways, I enjoy it. Unfortunately my highway runs have come down a lot.

Enjoy the car and avoid any modifications to it.

PS: the GTX was 100 bhp whereas the Stile was retuned to 100ps. A slight decrease, as 100ps comes to approx 98.x bhp. I am not sure if the torque delivery is the same in stile as I mentioned above, which is for GTX.
vinit.merchant is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2015, 18:41   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the great buy. I think you should look into the purchase this way - you got a brand new car(just 6k done) in just 2.2 lacs which is way way better than the modern cars like swift, micra etc, has better road manners and a totally performance engine the 1.6 DOHC with 100 horses at the tap.

OBD does work with 1.6, you need a extra 3pin to obd cable.
amit_mechengg is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks