Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2015, 22:56   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Pre-owned Black Italian: My Fiat Palio 1.6S Stile! EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_711 View Post
Hi TorqueyTechie,
Congratulations on the car!
Take her out on an empty road and you will be grinning ear to ear!

Enjoy!
Thanks Viper. I sure have plans for a highway run shortly. Will check the performance of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimish anthony View Post
You can opt for a wolf fuel timing advancement which ive tried in my car and it drastically improves performance and gives more grunt. Congrats on your purchase and keep the thread updated
Thanks Nimish. I have followed your S10 restoration thread regularly and used to drool on the car. What is Wolf Timing advancement? Could you please let me know more on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
The torque dies around 2500 rpm up until 3000 rpm, and kicks in once you are past 3000 rpm. This is the rpm zone you will enjoy the most.
Enjoy the car and avoid any modifications to it.
Thanks Vinit. Hope this is the lag which I am noticing and nothing big. Sure not much modifications planned . Plan to keep it stock for sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
Congratulations on the great buy.

OBD does work with 1.6, you need a extra 3pin to obd cable.
Thanks Amit. Yeah I would sure get it verified with the OBD.
Old 13th May 2015, 13:20   #32
BHPian

Thanks Nimish. I have followed your S10 restoration thread regularly and used to drool on the car. What is Wolf Timing advancement? Could you please let me know more on it.

The 1.6 machines had been de-tuned for the indian market. The tuner does a spark timing advancement of 1.9 to 2.1 degrees depending how the car adapts to the tune. Have tested a 1.9 degree advancement on stock cars and there was a noticeable difference in initial acceleration while cars with FFE and CAI could be advanced to 2.1. The 0-100 figures shows a drastic improvement and car seems more refined.
Nimish anthony is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2015, 14:26   #33
Senior - BHPian

Nice car and sure it is a prized possession. Enjoy your drives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Yes the next in list for me is to change the tires as well as alloys but in sometime.
Going for new tires is perfect but why are you planning to replace the alloys? Is it for cosmetic reasons?
Old 13th May 2015, 20:15   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Going for new tires is perfect but why are you planning to replace the alloys? Is it for cosmetic reasons?
Thanks rajeev. Yes change of alloys is purely for cosmetic reasons. I may get it painted black if no alloy change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimish anthony View Post
The 1.6 machines had been de-tuned for the indian market. The tuner does a spark timing advancement of 1.9 to 2.1 degrees depending how the car adapts to the tune. Have tested a 1.9 degree advancement on stock cars and there was a noticeable difference in initial acceleration while cars with FFE and CAI could be advanced to 2.1. The 0-100 figures shows a drastic improvement and car seems more refined.

Nimish, once again thanks. Let me know the place in bangalore if you know whrre they do this?
Old 14th May 2015, 18:36   #35
BHPian

I have advanced the car timing, the response is crisp and low to mid rpm. Infact the car happily jumps at the slightest of the throttle. But i warn you at higher rpm the pull is slower. I have already cross verified by the gps unit. There is a healthy 3 sec slowness in 0-100 timing. I might back off a little. Never go into synthetic stuff. It will leak sooner or later. Use Shell Rimula R4 15W40 HDEO diesel oil. It has antiwear additive called ZDDP and it lubricates the hydraulic tappets. It makes the car pretty silent.
vijaycool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 12:07   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaycool View Post
Never go into synthetic stuff. It will leak sooner or later. Use Shell Rimula R4 15W40 HDEO diesel oil. It has antiwear additive called ZDDP and it lubricates the hydraulic tappets. It makes the car pretty silent.
Vijay, thanks for the tip on synthetic oil but this is the first I am hearing that there will be a leak. Also since mine is a petrol car can I still use the oil that you have mentioned?
Old 18th May 2015, 12:46   #37
BHPian

@Torquey Technie : Congrats on the purchase. You got a very good car in your hands. Take good care of her. And as all suggested please focus on some parts replacement as preventive maintenance.

I have recently bought a pre-worshipped S10 with great difficulty. Hoping to pen down a review soon.
Abhi_abarth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 16:04   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Vijay, thanks for the tip on synthetic oil but this is the first I am hearing that there will be a leak. Also since mine is a petrol car can I still use the oil that you have mentioned?
Leak doesnt mean it will leak around the heads. Slowly and steadily oil level disappears. I have a GTX and i use the oil I have mentioned.
vijaycool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 16:11   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
@Torquey Technie : Congrats on the purchase. You got a very good car in your hands. Take good care of her. And as all suggested please focus on some parts replacement as preventive maintenance.

I have recently bought a pre-worshipped S10 with great difficulty. Hoping to pen down a review soon.
Thanks Abhi. Congrats on the S10. I was on the lookout for it until I gave up and bought this car. Waiting for an ownership thread from you soon!

Quote:
Leak doesnt mean it will leak around the heads. Slowly and steadily oil level disappears. I have a GTX and i use the oil I have mentioned.
Thanks Vijay. I will use the same when I give for service next time.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 18:16   #40
Senior - BHPian

Update with my car. I had went on a 1300km long trip over the weekend . Car performance was superb and as people said this car is made for the highways.

We were 5 adults and a kid and never did I feel that the car needed more power. In the highways or in the ghats did the car let me down. Always strong and reliable even during the rains.

There were some issues which I noticed.
1. Noticed that there were large puddles of water inside the car especially in the rear. Floorboard used to be soaking wet. Took some time for me to understand that it from the A/C and not because of rain water seeping inside. Could not use A/c after this issue during the trip. Got this corrected today. Cost me 650 rs. But they dirtied the fabric seats. Had to blast them and have been told that they will get it cleaned over the weekend.

2. Viper needs to be changed.

3. Windshield used to get fogged up quite a lot from outside. Tried to increase the temperature inside and was using vipers too still it was not too useful.

I got a mileage of 14kmpl over this trip with 40% A/c.
Old 20th May 2015, 20:40   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Update with my car. I had went on a 1300km long trip over the weekend . Car performance was superb and as people said this car is made for the highways.

We were 5 adults and a kid and never did I feel that the car needed more power. In the highways or in the ghats did the car let me down. Always strong and reliable even during the rains.

I got a mileage of 14kmpl over this trip with 40% A/c.
You begin to yawn when the car is driven around ton mark. So boring and predictable. Add +50 to it just to make you awake from sleep . Add another 20kmph you will be addicted with perfect control. No sign of nervousness and heavy handed gripping. I am not sure how your brakes are but I have upgraded my discs to Adventure. Braking is sharp and predictable.
Old 21st May 2015, 13:04   #42
BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure how your brakes are but I have upgraded my discs to Adventure. Braking is sharp and predictable.
Can you share some info on this please. I thought the drums need upgrading as well or is it just the discs ? Need this for my S10.
Old 21st May 2015, 14:13   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Can you share some info on this please. I thought the drums need upgrading as well or is it just the discs ? Need this for my S10.
I have done some years before. Front brakes are more than enough. There is a thread somewhere else deep inside the forum.
Old 23rd May 2015, 09:48   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You begin to yawn when the car is driven around ton mark. So boring and predictable. Add +50 to it just to make you awake from sleep . Add another 20kmph you will be addicted with perfect control. No sign of nervousness and heavy handed gripping. I am not sure how your brakes are but I have upgraded my discs to Adventure. Braking is sharp and predictable.
Very true. I did take them to reasonable speeds on the highways and there is no nervousness at all. Brakes are good but I am interested in upgrading to adventure. Let me try searching for the thread.
Old 24th May 2015, 11:31   #45
BHPian

hi TorqueyTechie,

Congrats on the acquisition! It seems that your waiting and holding on for a good vehicle has been paid-off handsomely!

It does look like a vehicle which was rather standing for most of it's time. I remember reading a very informative thread on our forum about maintenance and preventive care tips for cars stranded for long. You might get some useful info.

Anyways, happy motoring and keep the updates coming!
Gran_Tourer is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks