Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2015, 20:33   #46
BHPian

re: Pre-owned Black Italian: My Fiat Palio 1.6S Stile! EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Very true. I did take them to reasonable speeds on the highways and there is no nervousness at all. Brakes are good but I am interested in upgrading to adventure. Let me try searching for the thread.
My friend owns both GTX and Octavia. He says driving and steering control is almost 80% of the octavia. What made GTX lose is due to the suspension but he uses Taiwan make in his car.
Old 3rd June 2015, 21:51   #47
Senior - BHPian

I have been driving the car for sometime now and started noticing some rattles recently.

1. There is a constant rattling noise from near the odometer area of the dashboard. More like a loose screw making noise. I am unable to find the source of the issue but its very annoying.

2. Occasional noise from near the boot. Its not always though.

Have to get these checked sooner.

Was wondering on some add ons to the car but do not know where to source the parts from. One is a arm rest and other are scuff plates. Can somebody please let me know where to source the parts ?
Old 4th June 2015, 22:09   #48
BHPian

An armrest is easy to fabricate. I had one my 1.6. It was fabricated when I got leather seats done. It was a simple pivot mechanism. You could lock it upright in alignment with seat back when not required.
Old 5th June 2015, 00:17   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_711 View Post
An armrest is easy to fabricate. I had one my 1.6. It was fabricated when I got leather seats done. It was a simple pivot mechanism. You could lock it upright in alignment with seat back when not required.
Can you post a few pictures? Also please share from where did you get it done.
Old 5th June 2015, 14:13   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Can you post a few pictures? Also please share from where did you get it done.
Ceralli leather, Bangalore were the guys who did it. You can find them on the net.

I only have one pic. I sold the car recently.
Let me know if you need to anything else!
Attached Thumbnails
Pre-owned Black Italian: My Fiat Palio 1.6S Stile! EDIT: Sold!-i15497.jpg  

viper_711 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 12:31   #51
Senior - BHPian

I think I saw you yesterday @ Jayanagar 38th cross, next to the temple at 7PM. Nice car!
Old 20th December 2015, 22:24   #52
Senior - BHPian

Folks,

Apologies for keeping this thread dormant for quite some time even though I intended to keep it updated regularly. Car has never been dormant though! I have been using this car as my daily drive to office and occasional 100-150 kms highway drives. Car has never been an trouble except for A/C water leekage issues. I have to keep the A/C filter clean regularly which I have not faced in my earlier cars. Is it the same for others as well?

Got my car serviced. Got all the oils emptied and replaced. Also got A/C ducts cleaned and interiors shampooed. So now I am planning for some cosmetic upgrades to my car and needed some advice from the gurus here.

1. Planning to upgrade the headlights to warm HID's? Is it advisable? Would it affect the people coming opposite to me with regards to affecting their visibility?

2. Want to have lights in footwell as well as under the car . And I want this to be controlled with a switch as I do not want it run always. Any suggestions for a place in bangalore to get this done?

3. Want to get the car a decent set of covers preferably black and red. I am planning to get this done at Devraj in JC road. Any other suggestions?

Planning to get this done by next weekend before new year. Please suggest me some places for getting these things done.
Old 22nd December 2015, 19:54   #53
Senior - BHPian

I had some work today and had to take leave from office. Finished my work by afternoon and since I did not have anything else to do thought of doing some work on the car. Called up EVO shop folks for getting interior lighting done and they asked me to get it. Went there and got the lights installed. While coming back , got some noodle mats for setting it up as I did not want the original mats to get damaged.

Images attached below. Pardon for the low quality pics. I will upload once more when I take proper pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Pre-owned Black Italian: My Fiat Palio 1.6S Stile! EDIT: Sold!-fullsizerender.jpg  

Pre-owned Black Italian: My Fiat Palio 1.6S Stile! EDIT: Sold!-img_3876.jpg  

Pre-owned Black Italian: My Fiat Palio 1.6S Stile! EDIT: Sold!-img_3877.jpg  

TorqueyTechie is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 11:38   #54
BHPian

Quote:

1. Planning to upgrade the headlights to warm HID's? Is it advisable? Would it affect the people coming opposite to me with regards to affecting their visibility?

3. Want to get the car a decent set of covers preferably black and red. I am planning to get this done at Devraj in JC road. Any other suggestions?

Planning to get this done by next weekend before new year. Please suggest me some places for getting these things done.
Did you get the HID Installed on your car and seat covers. Do let me know the price of the seat covers as I am planning for the same next month.

Also, please can you let me know what is the color of Roof Lining in your Palio Stile. I have a Palio GTX and it has light grey colored roof lining. I need to change the roof lining, but the only Palio Stile roof lining is available at 99RPM.

I am not sure if the Stile came with Light Grey or Beige color roof lining

Regards
Old 28th December 2015, 12:27   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
Did you get the HID Installed on your car and seat covers. Do let me know the price of the seat covers as I am planning for the same next month.

Also, please can you let me know what is the color of Roof Lining in your Palio Stile. I have a Palio GTX and it has light grey colored roof lining. I need to change the roof lining, but the only Palio Stile roof lining is available at 99RPM.

I am not sure if the Stile came with Light Grey or Beige color roof lining

Regards
Hi Chandrda, I am still on the lookout for setting up HID. Seat covers I was planning to get it done with Devraj at JC road but got to know that he met with an accident. Its not very urgent and so I will wait for some time.

Roof lining is beige in my stile. I think its same across all stile variants but I may be wrong.
Old 28th December 2015, 12:44   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

It shouldn't affect their visibility unless you drive on full beam.
Most of the high quality head lamps can handle HIDs without scattering the throw much.

However, a safer alternative would be to get whiter bulbs of a higher wattage. Without projectors, the throw may not be as good.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 14:12   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Most of the high quality head lamps can handle HIDs without scattering the throw much.

However, a safer alternative would be to get whiter bulbs of a higher wattage. Without projectors, the throw may not be as good.
I was not so keen on going for the whiter bulb option as many times I have been blinded by folks using it and coming from opposite direction. Hence wanted to explore the HID option. Changing to projectors would be a costly proposition I think.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 19:48   #58
Senior - BHPian

Well last weekend my car got new set of wheels installed. Had went to tire professionals for getting wheel alignment done. But after checking the condition of the tire they recommended to change it. Was bit confused on what brand and size to go for but the people there helped me out by suggesting to go for 185/65. I got the Yoko Earth 1 tires installed.

Noticed that the ride is now smooth with less road noise as well.

Pre-owned Black Italian: My Fiat Palio 1.6S Stile! EDIT: Sold!-img_3922.jpg
TorqueyTechie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 19:57   #59
Senior - BHPian

are those center caps replaced or still empty?
Old 13th January 2016, 23:26   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
are those center caps replaced or still empty?
Center caps were removed only during installation and for verifying if the upsize d tires causes issues during turning. Its back on after installation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks