Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2017, 22:02   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: Pre-owned Black Italian: My Fiat Palio 1.6S Stile! EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Thanks SunnyBoi. I had actually seen this thread sometime back when I was contemplating upgrade of the brakes. But paucity of time and money kept it for the back burner. Can you give me some leads as to where you sourced the parts? and where you got all the related work completed? I can give it a try and see if I can source it.
The garage I initially got the job done wouldnt reveal his sources so I don't know.

If you do get the parts, Rajesh can install it for you since he had moved the adventure brake setup from my old palio to the newer one and he knows what needs to be done.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html
Old 7th May 2017, 01:55   #92
BHPian

Hi SunnyBoi, since you were wondering if there was an option to upgrade the Palio brakes, here's a thread that might interest you: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...charged-9.html

TLDR: The thread is about turbocharging a Fiat 1.6. Such massive increase in the ability to propel the car forward means there has to be a massive improvement in the ability to bring it to a halt as well! So there is a lot of talk about successful braking upgrades for the Palio in the thread. Thought it might interest you. Do check it out.
Old 3rd July 2017, 13:28   #93
Senior - BHPian

Long time no update. Since I am riding these days to office, car sees very little running. Nothing much to update other than getting the A/C vents cleaned and getting the suspension checked. Car is running along fine without any issues.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 10:00   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quite some time from my previous update. Car is not being used much these days as I prefer to ride to office. But since I have a long distance drive coming up I thought to get it serviced. Gave the car to Hariprasad Automobiles on saturday.

I had requested for the below services :

1. Complete service ( includes only oil top up as it was replaced recently).
2. Bleed the clutch as it was slightly hard after the clutch master cylinder replacement which was done last month.
3. Clean the A/c filter as water was leaking inside.

Service was completed on Monday. Services completed were all to my satisfaction except the car wash and interior cleaning. Alloys were not cleaned properly and the interiors was not vacuumed at all even though they had told they would. Since I took delivery late in night I could not see it before.

Just itching to take the car out on the highway soon!
TorqueyTechie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2017, 19:46   #95
Senior - BHPian

Update on the car. This time got couple of accessories

1. Since we use our mobile phones for all the GPS, music streaming during trips plus was planning to buy dashcam I was looking for a good cigarette car charger splitter. Based on my friend's suggestion, got the CHGeek one from Amazon. Got it shipped to my friend's address and she carried it for me from there here.

I have been using this from past week. It is really good. The only grouse is that the car charger connecting plug is slightly loose. It is an issue with all US manufactured accessory which gets its power from the cigarette lighter. I have the same issue with the bluetooth fm transmitter and the earlier car charger.

Some of the salient features of the product (as mentioned in amazon site) :

1. TWO 12V/24V CIGARETTE LIGHTER SOCKETS: The car charger provides a total power up to 80W, which can be used to charge your GPS, dash cam, cooler boxes, DVD player, air purifier, car vacuum cleaner, lunch warmer, car cooling fan, coffice maker and simultaneously usage of multiple car appliances.
2. INDEPENDENT ON/OFF SWITCHES: The two cigarette lighters can be controlled separately. You can leave everything plugged in safely and just press a button when getting in or out of the car.
3. DUAL USB CAR CHARGER: Built in smart charging IC with 3.1A total output, it can automatically detect and provide optimal current to USB devices, in order to achieve rapid and safe charging.
4. INTELLIGENT ALERT, LOW POWER SHUT-OFF: LED display indicates the car voltage number when plugging a car, and current number when connecting charging devices. When the car battery is below 12V, it warns with flashing number on the display.
5. TWO EMBEDDED BLUE LED LIGHTS: Easy to find in the dark.
6. INTELLIGENT CIRCUIT DESIGN: The built-in replaceable 7 amps fuse and heavy 84 pure copper power cord can prevent the cup charger and your devices from overheating and overcharging.

Some pics :
Pre-owned Black Italian: My Fiat Palio 1.6S Stile! EDIT: Sold!-car-charger.jpg

Pre-owned Black Italian: My Fiat Palio 1.6S Stile! EDIT: Sold!-car-charger-2.jpg

Pre-owned Black Italian: My Fiat Palio 1.6S Stile! EDIT: Sold!-car-charger-specs-1.jpg

Pre-owned Black Italian: My Fiat Palio 1.6S Stile! EDIT: Sold!-car-charger-specs-2.jpg

Pre-owned Black Italian: My Fiat Palio 1.6S Stile! EDIT: Sold!-car-charger-connected.jpg

2. I was on the lookout for dashcam for quite some time. Seeing the traffic issues and few close shaves in Bangalore traffic I was very sure to get a dual channel one. My initial budget was 100$ but since I was not getting any good ones at that cost, I extended my budget upto 200$ and finally found this one by Rexing.

It has dual channel HD Cameras, GPS tracking , loop recording, G sensor. All the features that I was wanting plus because of some deal I got it at a great deal as well.

Now for some pictures :

Pre-owned Black Italian: My Fiat Palio 1.6S Stile! EDIT: Sold!-car-dashcam-plus-hardwire-kit.jpg

Pre-owned Black Italian: My Fiat Palio 1.6S Stile! EDIT: Sold!-class-10-sd-card.jpg

Pre-owned Black Italian: My Fiat Palio 1.6S Stile! EDIT: Sold!-unboxed-contents.jpg

Pre-owned Black Italian: My Fiat Palio 1.6S Stile! EDIT: Sold!-settings-1.jpg

Pre-owned Black Italian: My Fiat Palio 1.6S Stile! EDIT: Sold!-settings-2.jpg

Pre-owned Black Italian: My Fiat Palio 1.6S Stile! EDIT: Sold!-settings-3.jpg

Pre-owned Black Italian: My Fiat Palio 1.6S Stile! EDIT: Sold!-settings-4.jpg

Pre-owned Black Italian: My Fiat Palio 1.6S Stile! EDIT: Sold!-settings-5.jpg

Videos from the same :

1. Front cam - morning

2. Rear cam - morning

3. Front cam - Night

4. Rear cam - night

Apologies for the music and any conversations that you hear plus the rear windscreen was not clean too so the video might come as slightly hazy. The advantages of this dashcam is that all the options can be managed. Can switch on/off mic, gps logging etc. Also can add the car number. Extra protection in case needed.

Disadvantages are

1. The cable connecting the power supply and the rear dashcam to the front unit bends at the connecting point. This can cause the wires to split at the end just like the iphone cables.

2. Rear camera is useless unless there is light. I am happy though that the number plate is visible in the videos taken with the rear cam.

3. The time setting for GPS logging doesn't show up India (GMT + 5:30 ) as an option though it shows up our neighbour's. I have currently set the one to our neighbour on the east and hence the timing is off by 30 mins.

I still have the hardwire kit to install. I am not so good at it so have thinking of going to Sachin Autoshop for getting it done. Checked with the shops in JC Road but was not confident of them doing the job as they didn't even know about a dashcam or a hardwire kit. Will check and go tomorrow to get it done.

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 1st October 2017 at 20:03.
Old 18th October 2017, 11:44   #96
Senior - BHPian

Time for some update.

1. I got the dashcam hardwired at an accessories shop in koramangala last sunday. I had went to Sachin's shop but the shop was closed. But on the same lane right in front of the bosch gate there was another shop (forgot the name). Went and checked and they said they can do it. So got them to install it. Now my dashcam powers up on ignition mode itself.

2. Sometime back I had posted in accidents thread (post here) where in I had met with an accident and the bumper of my car was damaged. Since the car model (palio stile) is no more in production acquiring one was getting very difficult.

Sunnyboi had infact pm'ed me mentioning that he will help me out in getting it fixed when he gets some free time. I had approached many FNG's, accessories shop in JC road for a scrap/new bumper but to no avail. I had resigned to the fact that I will get it repaired with the help of sunnyboi whenever he gets free time. But last week I got a call from Hariprasad automobiles mentioning that they have got a total loss vehicle and can make use of that bumper. I immediately asked them to check for any damage and if no then to make use of it. After they clarified saying that the condition of the bumper is good I asked them to proceed in taking it and then getting it painted.

I went yesterday and got the new bumper installed. While at the shop, a strange issue happened wherein they could slot the gear in reverse. The car was pushed into the service bay and they started to look into the issue. The plastic clip for the reverse gear was broken. I was seriously surprised as it was working properly all the time and even the same morning before giving the car for service.

Anyways it had to be replaced as there was no other go. Removing and fixing that clip is such a pain. It took sometime for the broken clip to be removed. After that they quickly assembled the setup, fixed the bumper and the other parts and I was good to go.

New bumper :
Pre-owned Black Italian: My Fiat Palio 1.6S Stile! EDIT: Sold!-new-bumper.jpg

Reverse clip :

Pre-owned Black Italian: My Fiat Palio 1.6S Stile! EDIT: Sold!-everse-clip.jpg

I had missed to take snaps of the broken clip and the new one as I was busy checking the underbody for any rust issues. The above image of the clip is from google.

Few things which I didn't like with regards to the work there:

1. I had asked them to wash the car as well before fixing the bumper but they said they have to do final coat after fixing the bumper. And since the paint would not be dry completely they cannot do it.
2. My FM transmitter which I had kept in the glove box was stolen. I know it was my mistake that I had kept it and the chance of getting it back is ZERO but I will call them up and check.
3. Cost they charged me for the bumper and painting was on the higher side. Also they were not ready for reducing on any of the quoted prices.

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 18th October 2017 at 11:56.
Old 23rd October 2017, 17:06   #97
Senior - BHPian

Did a 1200 km round trip the previous diwali weekend. Car performed flawlessly except :

1. A/C is not effective as it used to be earlier. My mother who was in the back seat was complaining that she is not getting sufficient cool air. Had to open the windows in the end.
2. Noticing that the A/c water collector duct is getting clogged very often and the water stats seeping into the footwell. I need to get this checked properly next time I visit FNG.
3. Sometimes I am noticing that the car does not start and takes 3/4 cranks for it to start. I suspect the battery. Will get it checked
Old 3rd May 2018, 21:58   #98
Senior - BHPian

With a heavy heart , I have put up my car for sale. I have to relocate because of work and though I do not want to part with the car but practicality (read head) made me to make the hard decision. Car is still a hoot to drive with no issues. Hope it finds a loving home.

Providing the link of the classified here.
Old 23rd May 2018, 15:11   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
With a heavy heart , I have put up my car for sale. I have to relocate because of work and though I do not want to part with the car but practicality (read head) made me to make the hard decision. Car is still a hoot to drive with no issues. Hope it finds a loving home.
Quoting myself here. I changed my mind about selling my car. I was not happy when I made the decision to sell it. After thinking a bit and also assurances from my friend about keeping the car active once every two weeks or so, I reversed my decision to sell.
Old 10th March 2019, 15:30   #100
Senior - BHPian

Updating the thread after a long time. Since the time I have moved out of country, my friend was looking after the car. Weekly starting, driving for a bit etc. And I too had done two trips to India in the meantime and driven the car a fair bit. Only issue was that in the month of December, car failed to crank and so had to replace the battery. Its all good now.

I am planning to buy few stuffs for the car and get it to India when I travel for a short trip in April. Wanted to check if anyone is aware of good legitimate sites in UK for fiat spares? I am looking for A/c vents, right orvm, headlights and few more. Also, can these be carried as part of the luggage or would it have to go through customs?
Old 14th June 2020, 12:24   #101
BHPian

Hi all,

Revisiting this thread after ages! I've been super-busy for the last 2 years almost and couldn't find the time to visit TBHP.

Update about my palio:

I sold the palio and in the market for a used 4X4 SUV.

Things I did over the last few years:

Finally solved the heating problem I used to have. I just went for a complete cooling mechanism overhaul and a general overhaul of the car in 2017. I installed a new radiator, thermostat elbow, hoses, bushes, suspension components, this that, etc. Spent a good 30 - 40k on it coz I wanted peace of mind. Post that, I clocked close to 20-25k kms on my car and it served me really well with ZERO issues. I've driven it in heavy rains, bad roads, no roads and the car just did it so well. Never doubted it even once during all these years.

Some of the long drives have been really enjoyable and I can tell that the money spent was totally worth it. I wish I could keep the car but had to sell coz I now need a bigger car and I cannot maintain 2 four wheelers since my usage is limited.

I sold the car (at an unmentionably low price) to an auto dealer nearby. Didn't want to go through the hassle of putting it up online to get a few extra bucks.

Summing it up, it was an excellent vehicle to own and I will always cherish the times I've spent with the car.

Cheers!
sdubey23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2020, 13:49   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdubey23 View Post

Finally solved the heating problem I used to have. I just went for a complete cooling mechanism overhaul and a general overhaul of the car in 2017. I installed a new radiator, thermostat elbow, hoses, bushes, suspension components, this that, etc.
Can you let me know where you did this? I plan to do it when I return to India.

I might plan to sell the car as well as my family has grown bigger and would need a bigger car. On the lookout for a SUV/MUV myself too. But it may not happen until 2021 atleast.
Old 14th June 2020, 14:13   #103
BHPian

I got it completely done-up here:

Auto Kraft
5th Main, Near T.R. Mills Private Limited Compound, 8th Main Rd, Chamrajpet, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560018
080 2242 5154, 092431 13154
https://maps.app.goo.gl/Yj9yuUPTjKKmf5K29

Owner's name is Shyam.

Though he managed to solve the problem, it was a slightly long process with 2-3 visits and me investing a lot.of personal time looking into the matter.

I suggest you look for someone else if you don't have the time to invest in this.
sdubey23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 09:39   #104
Senior - BHPian

Back here to update after a long time. I had been out of the country for 3+ years and car was sometimes driven by my friend or at home. Last 4 months or so car was at home and was not even started.

After returning back I tried to get car started by jump starting but the battery was not able to hold the charge. After 15-20 mins car used to switch off automatically and wouldn't start. Did overnight charging of the battery and tried as well but didnt work. So went with a new one. Last one was Amaron but everyone discouraged Amaron and suggested Exide. So went with Exide this time which costed me 4.8k after exchange.

Next was to get the car serviced. Gave it to my usual place Shri Hariprasad Automobiles . Costed me 9.5k for the service.
Pre-owned Black Italian: My Fiat Palio 1.6S Stile! EDIT: Sold!-img_6276.jpg

Car had fabric seats and with kids it got spoiled within a week itself. Had always liked to get art leather seat covers done and thought to get it checked. Penzee leather has their factory right in front of the apartments where my FIL stays. Went there on a weekend to check. Liked their work and finalized the material and color(chose tan color) to be used. Got the gear knob and steering grip in pure leather (black).

Final outcome :

Pre-owned Black Italian: My Fiat Palio 1.6S Stile! EDIT: Sold!-10cfeec6678e4ad98c87fdfaf639bd4d.jpg
Pre-owned Black Italian: My Fiat Palio 1.6S Stile! EDIT: Sold!-0c014e3907a449c29d41796892cec342.jpg
Pre-owned Black Italian: My Fiat Palio 1.6S Stile! EDIT: Sold!-2b34532ce8f44976823c6daeb2e5d6d2.jpg
Pre-owned Black Italian: My Fiat Palio 1.6S Stile! EDIT: Sold!-e998033b92594e0981bade4d851fd146.jpg

While the work on the seats was good, they messed up few things.
1. Paint was chipped on all doors when they tried to remove the door pad. And when asked they tried to say it was already present.
2. When removing the steering, they messed up the horn and turn indicator cut off pin. Had to take the car to Hariprasad to get it sorted. Also the washer that is used to lock the steering was damaged. It took quite a while to remove the steering to sort out the pin issue.

Have to mention though that Sathish (owner) regretted for the issues and owned it up. These 2 issues screwed what was a good work done by them. Would still suggest them for them being transparent in the work.

Next up is for getting car detailed. Will share details in the next post.
Old 28th October 2021, 13:31   #105
Senior - BHPian

As shared in my previous post, I had given my car for detailing. It was more than 3 years since I had given it for detailing and being black car it was showing up. Plus it had accumulated lot of swirls and some scratches as well. Went to CCI as I had already got it done when I had bought the car & had liked their work, it being close to home is an ideal too.

After inspecting the car they suggested complete detailing plus ceramic protection for the car. And did mention that they would need 3 days for the work to be completed. Dropped the car on 25th morning and they immediately started the work. I do not have much WIP pics but I used to drop in regularly to see the progress and the work. Got the car today morning and it really is a looker now. Wish I can maintain the car same way going forward

Some pics:

Pre-owned Black Italian: My Fiat Palio 1.6S Stile! EDIT: Sold!-img_7241.jpg

Pre-owned Black Italian: My Fiat Palio 1.6S Stile! EDIT: Sold!-d41669950ef44f3fb891bba86e5f9269.jpg

Pre-owned Black Italian: My Fiat Palio 1.6S Stile! EDIT: Sold!-img_7242.jpg

Pre-owned Black Italian: My Fiat Palio 1.6S Stile! EDIT: Sold!-7d2253b082e04d3ba229250022ce4023.jpg

Pre-owned Black Italian: My Fiat Palio 1.6S Stile! EDIT: Sold!-d8e83abedd2c4171b0bfe588fe3dcdd4.jpg

Pre-owned Black Italian: My Fiat Palio 1.6S Stile! EDIT: Sold!-95154cf2831441af8f7bd92054dd0e53.jpg

Pre-owned Black Italian: My Fiat Palio 1.6S Stile! EDIT: Sold!-img_7247.jpg

Only thing to be corrected now is the left headlight. The headlight glass has broken and makes the car look bad. Have to scourge J C Road for spares. Original costs around 12k which I do not want to invest atleast for now. Will have to look around for original from scrap yard or buy a replica from shop.

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 28th October 2021 at 13:37.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks