Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2015, 17:35   #16
BHPian

re: Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!

Hello, Mission_PGPX
Yesterday I inquired about jetta trendline TDI at Vapi showroom. The dealer told me that trendline is not available because VW is not manufacturing it. He recommended comfortline and when i asked about discount, he said jetta comfortline has waiting period of one month.

I asked about booking amount and he said 1 lacs. They have no TD car available.

One thing i couldn't believe that jetta has waiting period.

Does VW manufacturing jetta on order bases ?
Old 20th July 2015, 10:12   #17
BHPian

re: Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilay View Post
Hello, Mission_PGPX
Yesterday I inquired about jetta trendline TDI at Vapi showroom. The dealer told me that trendline is not available because VW is not manufacturing it. He recommended comfortline and when i asked about discount, he said jetta comfortline has waiting period of one month.

I asked about booking amount and he said 1 lacs. They have no TD car available.

One thing i couldn't believe that jetta has waiting period.

Does VW manufacturing jetta on order bases ?
I doubt that. Can you check with surat dealer? I think certain number of cars are allotted every month to dealers across india. The statement that VW does not manufacture trendline jetta is doubtful, i have seen a couple of trendline TDI jetta in ahmedabad with recent passing registration plates. The dealer doesnt have a test drive car that says stay away from them. meanwhile i will check with ahmedabad dealer.
Old 20th July 2015, 20:33   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
I doubt that. Can you check with surat dealer? I think certain number of cars are allotted every month to dealers across india. The statement that VW does not manufacture trendline jetta is doubtful, i have seen a couple of trendline TDI jetta in ahmedabad with recent passing registration plates. The dealer doesnt have a test drive car that says stay away from them. meanwhile i will check with ahmedabad dealer.
Thanks for helping me.

Will check in Navsari and then after will check in surat.

If i will buy jetta in next year (May be in Jan or Feb) with 2015 manufactured model, Could i get the good amount of discount like yours ?
Old 21st July 2015, 10:52   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for helping me.

If i will buy jetta in next year (May be in Jan or Feb) with 2015 manufactured model, Could i get the good amount of discount like yours ?
Well, ideally yes but may be not. You have to keep looking. normally VW plan the production in a way that they dont have to give mammoth discounts to clear out stock for year end. But incase you get lucky, dealer may have some in stock. I would say check with dealer for ready stock availability and the variant you want, then bargain hard. But yes, nothing wrong in waiting for another 6 months, after all you are spending close to 2 million Ruppee.

PS: I have trendline but if budget permits i suggest highline, purely for the overall luxo feeling, HID headlamps and alloys itself are worth the difference in my opinion.

Last edited by Mission_PGPX : 21st July 2015 at 10:53.
Mission_PGPX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 00:01   #20

Quote:
Well, ideally yes but may be not. You have to keep looking. normally VW plan the production in a way that they dont have to give mammoth discounts to clear out stock for year end. But incase you get lucky, dealer may have some in stock. I would say check with dealer for ready stock availability and the variant you want, then bargain hard. But yes, nothing wrong in waiting for another 6 months, after all you are spending close to 2 million Ruppee.

PS: I have trendline but if budget permits i suggest highline, purely for the overall luxo feeling, HID headlamps and alloys itself are worth the difference in my opinion.

Mission_pgpx: would like to connect with you. I am also a pgpx alumn. Can you PM me please. I cannot PM you due to my newbie status.
PULAPIPL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 09:36   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PULAPIPL View Post
Mission_pgpx: would like to connect with you. I am also a pgpx alumn. Can you PM me please. I cannot PM you due to my newbie status.
Hello sir,
Even i am a newbie and cant PM you. Its great to meet PGPX alumni on this forum, as my handle states, PGPX is still a mission and i have not yet accomplished, still gathering the required managerial experience as stated in my rejection letter couple of years back. I would certainly like to connect with you. Please contact me solankijignesh22attherategmaildotcom.
Old 3rd August 2015, 17:41   #22
BHPian

Update at 40000 Km

Finally i found time to take sasha for detailing session. After looking into lots of options and getting tired of collinite 845 DIY, i decided to do thorough professional detailing. From Team gujarat on T-bhp i found contacts of Mr. Jayesh of Carz spa and fixup an appointment for saturday. First he inspected the surface and adviced to take it for a wash before recommending what all can be done. First we decided to go for 2 step process,compounding and finishing. Then he suggested to go for 2 more steps of Paint sealant/protection which i later agreed as well considering it gives atleast 6-8 months of protection.

I was given 25% discount on all services. Total things done:
1) steam wash followed by foam wash
2) Clay wash for all door bottom part
3) Compounding by menzerna
4) finishing by Menzerna
5) 2 layers of paint protection
6) Alloys and wheel polish
7) Interior vacuum and polish

Total dent to pocket after discount : Rs. 3000/-
Time spent in total: 6 hrs

i am quite satisfied with the work performed and attention given to detail by Jayesh. Also i wasnt knowing much about menzerna as a compounding and finishing agent, but upon research on T-bhp i found its one of the best used in the detailing business. Sasha is usually parked in basement, both in office and home so never much exposed to harsh weather conditions when stationary. I am expecting the finish to last over 6 months, considering my usage of jopasu duster and once in a month collinite 845 polish.

I will let the pics do the talking:
Steamwash
Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-steamwash.jpg

Foamwash
Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-foamwash.jpg

Menzerna products for compounding, finishing and protection
Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-menzerna.jpg

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-jayesh_finishing-layer.jpg

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-rear-view.jpg

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-end-result.jpg

Front, actual finish is glossy but because of white in color and cloudy day, doesnt do justice to work
Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-front1.jpg

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-side.jpg

Interior
Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-interior.jpg

Last edited by Mission_PGPX : 3rd August 2015 at 17:46.
Old 3rd August 2015, 19:09   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hello, Its surely looks great! Totally worth the money spent! I am too on the verge to get my car detailed, Its been almost a year and the car is begging for a polishing it seems. Also must mention you have maintained the car really well!
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 09:39   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Hello, Its surely looks great! Totally worth the money spent! I am too on the verge to get my car detailed, Its been almost a year and the car is begging for a polishing it seems. Also must mention you have maintained the car really well!
Thanks for the compliment. Yes i have taken real good care of her. Recently one biker bumped in LHS rear bumper and broke the reflector glass and also left some black color on the bumper. I removed the black color by sanding and found that no dent was evident in the bumper. Build quality . Now looking for a new reflector. Is it available after market? Have not heard from VW service station guys yet. Attitude, i tell you....

After looking at pics, i certainly realized that i need a new set of plates. This old ones are now making her look ugly. Any idea on german plates?
Old 4th August 2015, 13:22   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the compliment. Yes i have taken real good care of her. Recently one biker bumped in LHS rear bumper and broke the reflector glass and also left some black color on the bumper. I removed the black color by sanding and found that no dent was evident in the bumper. Build quality . Now looking for a new reflector. Is it available after market? Have not heard from VW service station guys yet. Attitude, i tell you....

After looking at pics, i certainly realized that i need a new set of plates. This old ones are now making her look ugly. Any idea on german plates?
Hello, You happened to check the built quality with a biker? Well for me it was a tempo who rear ended me from behind when i was waiting at a signal. The force was soo bad that the seat belt had tightened in no time. I got out to see the damage and well! Only the paint was transferred from the tempo's guard to the car! Nothing at all! I could easily get it removed. So yes the built quality

I am looking to get the german plates from https://www.germanplates.com/
Everything looks good! The live preview gives a very good example as well. I am very interested in ordering for myself too.
Old 4th August 2015, 13:32   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
I am looking to get the german plates from https://www.germanplates.com/
Everything looks good! The live preview gives a very good example as well. I am very interested in ordering for myself too.
wohoooo, tempo.... That gives me a lot of confidence.

btw i checked this site already, but they allow only 9 characters per plate and indian system will normally need 10. Is it just me or everyone facing this problem?
Old 4th August 2015, 13:41   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
wohoooo, tempo.... That gives me a lot of confidence.

btw i checked this site already, but they allow only 9 characters per plate and indian system will normally need 10. Is it just me or everyone facing this problem?
Yes tempo

On the main page, Click on the 3rd slide, It will take you to a page where you can enter upto 15! So sorted
Old 6th August 2015, 23:07   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for helping me.

They were readily available in navsari when I checked recently. Surat and navsari dealer is one and the same 'Navjivan', so they have common stock I believe.
But anyways you won't be able to purchase it from other city if you are planning to register it in valsad. Or your city should be a neutral territory in their language, meaning there shouldn't be a VW showroom in valsad only then you have an option to purchase from any nearby city ( Vapi and navsari in your case). Their policies may have changed now but when I bought my vento these were the policies.
Old 8th March 2016, 10:28   #29
BHPian

Update at 48000 Km:
Its been long time that i posted some update on my ownership thread. A recent visit to hometown made something to write about.

The 3rd service was done in september - 2015. The work done and bill was routine 11900 INR. They charged 900 for AC cleaning, which i was never informed but appeared in the bill directly. It was late and they cant change the bill, so the adviser negotiated by saying they will do interior cleaning for free, but i have to rate them "extremely satisfied". Since i was never expecting to feel extremely satisfied, i simply paid the bill and left. To my surprise, VW never made that call at all. What all is cooking between dealership and VW? Anyhow, all i care is how your product is performing and in that department i am extremely satisfied for sure.

Tires should be changed, but i am just stretching till monsoon because no major extreme condition driving is expected. Its purely NE-1 drives from ahmedabad to baroda. 48K on goodyear sounds good through. Couple of more may be.

During my last weekend home town trip, spend some quality time with sasha and gave her my personalized DIY treatment with 3M shampoo wash followed by collinite 845 wax and 3M interior polish. Below are some glimpse of before and after:

I love this rainy wet look of her
Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20160306_174611.jpg

she really need a bath
Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20160306_174655.jpg

I never miss the village trails for my marathon practice
Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20160307_070517.jpg

The beautiful morning trail
Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20160307_070609.jpg

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20160307_071944.jpg

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20160307_085408.jpg

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20160307_085421.jpg

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20160307_085455.jpg

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20160307_085517.jpg

Does she look 3 year old, rather young?
Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20160307_085612.jpg

Last edited by Mission_PGPX : 8th March 2016 at 10:32.
Mission_PGPX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 13:58   #30
Senior - BHPian

3 years old? Doesnt really look like! Indeed you have kept the car in the best condition possible, Also love the picture in which the car was dirty, Love white cars when they get dirty for some reason during monsoon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks