Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2018, 13:27   #46
BHPian

re: Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!

Some nice pics from my recent business trip to Bavaria:

Missed to visit BMW welt though. until next time!!
Attached Thumbnails
Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20180414_112812.jpg  

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20180415_124322.jpg  

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20180415_125156.jpg  

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20180415_125416.jpg  

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20180415_125421.jpg  

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20180415_140508.jpg  

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20180414_184415.jpg  

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20180415_142332.jpg  

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20180415_140442.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th November 2018 at 13:48. Reason: Rule #11. Removing pic. Thanks.
Mission_PGPX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2018, 10:51   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
Update : Sasha is now Ceramic Coated on 26 Jan, 2018

Lots of discussions, lots of reading and online research on ceramic coating and finally took the plunge to go ahead for once. I am impressed at the results but have to see the performance during coming monsoon. I picked Carz spa in Bopal from my past experience and used their proprietary Crystal Shield X1, Y2 and Z3. The brightness of Candy white has improved because of compounding.

Looks really great. Could you share how much was the total cost? Also, do members have any recommendations for vendors based in Mumbai?
Old 18th May 2018, 11:10   #48
BHPian

re: Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pande_monium76 View Post
Looks really great. Could you share how much was the total cost? Also, do members have any recommendations for vendors based in Mumbai?
Hey total cost was around 16K. Many bhpians have used PMP, mumbai for ceramic coating. you can check that out as well.
Old 18th May 2018, 11:23   #49
BHPian

UPDATE: 86760 kms

6th Service at Automark, VW, Ahmedabad

Nothing much to complain during this service for 90K kms apart from usual door rattles. The air filter performance was declining since 81000 kms. I was observing black smoke in my LHRV mirror during sudden surge. Now VW has come-up with one more idea of ripping customers. There is something called a kit (i.e. 90K service kit), which will automatically showup once SA selects 90K service. None of the items can be deleted. Incase you just want an oil and filter change without doing any additional work, you have to go ala-karte. They gave me windshield washer fluid bottle (about 60% left) since they charged it in service.

Apart from that, i realized that wipers lasted almost >5 years. Thanks to basement parking and coated windshield. so i asked them to change wipers at a seriously high steep price. However, the work done was beyond satisfactory. I have seen my friend trying after market wipers since last 2 seasons and they dont last long and not much effective as well. So decided to go ahead with OEM.
Overall, the prices for usual service at VW service station are now higher, one because of GST 18% and also they increased part prices as well.

Another interesting thing i learned, when i inquired about next service charges for 105K service. It is usual, 14000 INR. but the next one comes huge at 38000 INR, mainly timing kit and Change of Tranny oil. This means i have about 25000 kms to think and decide if i really want to upgrade? An upgrade itch for sure...
Attached Thumbnails
Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20180512_195951.jpg  

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20180512_200012.jpg  

Last edited by Mission_PGPX : 18th May 2018 at 11:29.
Mission_PGPX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 00:23   #50
BHPian

Mate, visiting your ownership thread after a long time. As usual, lots of informative stuff.

Regarding ceramic coating, Sasha looks magnificent after the coating.
Btw I want to get my Jetta coated as well however I was confused between creative motors & 3M car care. After your post, CarzSpa is added into that list. 3M, prahladnagar told me that the coating will last only for one year. Creative motors claims for 5 years. I got my Brezza ceramic coated at creative motors almost 2.5 years back. I would say 70% shining is still left. If you have any knowledge about the other twos, would love to hear your views.

Regarding service, glad to hear that you had a fairly good experience at Automark (compared to Karnavati). I was a victim of the service kit rip off 3-4 months back when I went for 60k service. In my experience, service cost is increased by 20-30% due to it.

I had switched to Treco wiper blades couple of years back however the experience was not so good. Switched back to OEM blades this monsoon, it isn't that great either but does the job. However I was shocked to see approx 180 bucks as labor charge for installing wiper blades. When I offered them to install wiper blades by myself, they said that the system doesn't let them to remove labor charges. Surprisingly, I don't see labor charge for wiper blades installation in your invoice. Another minor ripoff, I guess.

Tranny oil costs just about 450 bucks for DSG; not sure about manual though. I have now decided to change tranny oil during every service as I don't want to take any chance with DSG.

Edit: My bad, tranny oil costed approx 8k. It's brake fluid that costs approx 400 bucks.

Last edited by bhavik.1991 : 29th October 2018 at 00:37.
Old 29th October 2018, 10:07   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
Mate, visiting your ownership thread after a long time. As usual, lots of informative stuff.

Regarding ceramic coating, Sasha looks magnificent after the coating.
Btw I want to get my Jetta coated as well however I was confused between creative motors & 3M car care. After your post, CarzSpa is added into that list. 3M, prahladnagar told me that the coating will last only for one year. Creative motors claims for 5 years. I got my Brezza ceramic coated at creative motors almost 2.5 years back. I would say 70% shining is still left. If you have any knowledge about the other twos, would love to hear your views.

Regarding service, glad to hear that you had a fairly good experience at Automark (compared to Karnavati). I was a victim of the service kit rip off 3-4 months back when I went for 60k service. In my experience, service cost is increased by 20-30% due to it.

I had switched to Treco wiper blades couple of years back however the experience was not so good. Switched back to OEM blades this monsoon, it isn't that great either but does the job. However I was shocked to see approx 180 bucks as labor charge for installing wiper blades. When I offered them to install wiper blades by myself, they said that the system doesn't let them to remove labor charges. Surprisingly, I don't see labor charge for wiper blades installation in your invoice. Another minor ripoff, I guess.

Tranny oil costs just about 450 bucks for DSG; not sure about manual though. I have now decided to change tranny oil during every service as I don't want to take any chance with DSG.

Edit: My bad, tranny oil costed approx 8k. It's brake fluid that costs approx 400 bucks.
Hi Bhavik,
Regarding ceramic coating, i am happy with the way carz spa stuff has come up. Ofcourse i am mainting the coating as well by mostly using jopasu and a good pressure wash 2-3 weeks. Even the pressure wash guy could understand that i have something coated on my paint. The deep shine and color (candy white) still impress me everytime my car has a good shampoo. Frankly, i have no idea about 3M in ahmedabad. I personally feel they are overpriced. As i mentioned in my experience, if you have a covered parking place, do this yourself. Get the car detailed (compounding etc) at a good place and then apply the ceramic on your own. Order the CQuartz kit on amazon and do the DIY. The product is proven, application is also easy.

Regarding wiper blades, i am really skeptical to use anything other than OEM. I drive to baroda every single day, rain no rain whatever. So cant take any chances with such basic stuff. VW has been nasty on many occasions but once you show the awareness of a jetta owner and love towards your ride and money, there is no way they can even think to rip you off. My experience with Automark is good so far since the car never had any issues post service. I may have issues with the way things work, the amount of time we had to wait and the cleanliness of the car, but all is well once the car drives good on express way.

Mine is a manual jetta so no need to even look at tranny oil unless some issues come up. Besides, my car mostly drives in top gear and hover around 2000 rpm buttersmooth ride with Michelins.

However, i dont think you need to change tranny oil every service. Diesel DSG is not known to any issues its the petrol one which has the issue.

Good luck with you car!!
Mission_PGPX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 15:25   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Bhavik,
Regarding ceramic coating, i am happy with the way carz spa stuff has come up. Ofcourse i am mainting the coating as well by mostly using jopasu and a good pressure wash 2-3 weeks. Even the pressure wash guy could understand that i have something coated on my paint. The deep shine and color (candy white) still impress me everytime my car has a good shampoo. Frankly, i have no idea about 3M in ahmedabad. I personally feel they are overpriced. As i mentioned in my experience, if you have a covered parking place, do this yourself. Get the car detailed (compounding etc) at a good place and then apply the ceramic on your own. Order the CQuartz kit on amazon and do the DIY. The product is proven, application is also easy.

Regarding wiper blades, i am really skeptical to use anything other than OEM. I drive to baroda every single day, rain no rain whatever. So cant take any chances with such basic stuff. VW has been nasty on many occasions but once you show the awareness of a jetta owner and love towards your ride and money, there is no way they can even think to rip you off. My experience with Automark is good so far since the car never had any issues post service. I may have issues with the way things work, the amount of time we had to wait and the cleanliness of the car, but all is well once the car drives good on express way.

Mine is a manual jetta so no need to even look at tranny oil unless some issues come up. Besides, my car mostly drives in top gear and hover around 2000 rpm buttersmooth ride with Michelins.

However, i dont think you need to change tranny oil every service. Diesel DSG is not known to any issues its the petrol one which has the issue.

Good luck with you car!!
Thanks Jignesh. I don't have a closed parking space so I think I will have to go to one of the shops. Maintenance of cermaic coating is extremely important. My daily car cleaning guy cleaned with regular cloth just for a couple of weeks because he lost 3M microfibre cloth I provided. It caused swirl marks on coating of Brezza. I think as long as one uses only microfibre cloth or jopasu duster, this coating should last for at least 3-4 years.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th October 2018 at 15:29. Reason: Microfabric > microfibre.
Old 29th October 2018, 18:25   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
Thanks Jignesh. I don't have a closed parking space so I think I will have to go to one of the shops. Maintenance of cermaic coating is extremely important. My daily car cleaning guy cleaned with regular cloth just for a couple of weeks because he lost 3M microfibre cloth I provided. It caused swirl marks on coating of Brezza. I think as long as one uses only microfibre cloth or jopasu duster, this coating should last for at least 3-4 years.
3-4 years is too optimistic i would say. 2 years is a reasonable period before coating starts to loose the shine and gloss. However depth of color should be seen. I will be completing one year in Jan and hence i can say 2 years is a good time. It will still give hydrophobic properties even after 2 years i believe so cleaning the car should be easy. Thats the main purpose for me.
Old 30th October 2018, 13:22   #54
BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE: 86760 kms

6th Service at Automark, VW, Ahmedabad....

Nothing much to complain during this service for 90K kms apart from usual door rattles.

I have 2015 Jetta, and have been facing quite a bit of rattles, were the VW Service guys able to resolve this for you?
Old 31st October 2018, 11:02   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
I have 2015 Jetta, and have been facing quite a bit of rattles, were the VW Service guys able to resolve this for you?
Yeah, they resolved these during the service. However small rattles started coming back in 3-4 months after service. I noticed them only when driving in city after driving on the highways.

Last edited by Zappo : 31st October 2018 at 11:03. Reason: Typos corrected
Old 12th November 2018, 12:43   #56
BHPian

Update at 94500 kms:

I had my first issue in car in 6 years, the coolant level low error occurred and it was not a false alarm. The water pump failed. VW automark gave a very good response, took my car first case on saturday morning, opened the covers and confirmed the diagnosis about water pump and some coolant sprinkled on timing belt as well. Timing kit change will be due in another 15000 kms and the labor will be charged again so i asked them to change both timing kit and water pump. Got the car back same day since part was available. I wish they continue to give such response for another couple of years atleast. Apparently, the water pump is cheap just about 2200 bucks including GST. I wonder why they cant use the same bolts. Please see the attached invoice. It took 4 bottles of coolant as well. One bottle has 700 ml left which they gave me back.
Attached Thumbnails
Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20181103_182139.jpg  

Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20181103_182148.jpg  

Last edited by Mission_PGPX : 12th November 2018 at 12:47.
Old 7th March 2019, 14:18   #57
BHPian

UPDATE:

My Journey with sasha ended on 22nd January, 2019 when we met an accident, i would want to forget about. The car declared for total loss by HDFC ergo. Received full money as per IDV with mandatory deduction.

The search of the next car began within a week. I took it as a opportunity to upgrade. Sometimes these decisions are forced on to us. exactly after a month, on my official birthday finalized on pre-owned G30 530d with just 7000 kms on ODO. Preparing my ownership thread for same. This thread is closed.
Attached Thumbnails
Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!-img_20190304_114059.jpg  

Mission_PGPX is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 12:52   #58
BHPian

Re: Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!

Quote:
UPDATE:Preparing my ownership thread for same. This thread is closed.
Belated congratulations on the G30 530D! However, it has been over a year and there isn't an ownership thread by you. Might as well do it because there is not a single one on the G30 530D here.
vredesbyrd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2020, 21:24   #59
BHPian

Re: Sasha: My candy white VW Jetta Trendline EDIT: Total loss! Update: Got a 2017 BMW 530D!

Nice read. Sorry to hear about the way things ended with Sasha. Just out of curiosity, did you complete 1 lakh km with her?

Most Viewed