Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2017, 15:33   #151
BHPian

re: My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
Mate, congratulations on the re-tune...

...Graaja, if you can convince your SA not to update the software, it won't happen. My Jetta spent the entire day at the workshop couple of weeks back for break pads replacement/ complimentary interior cleaning and they spared my car from the software (so called) update upon my request.
Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Congratulations Tanveer, on the remap...

...I am still going to try if I can have the workshop not to update the software in April when I leave the car for service....

This worked for me as well. Just make sure you speak to your SA and/or Workshop Manager before handing over your car. I got my 2nd service done, gave the car in the morning and drove out at around 4 in the afternoon, without any issues.

Additionally, as per this article Volkswagen to recall 3.24 lakh cars in India over emissions scandal, this update is voluntary.

Last edited by maglev : 9th January 2017 at 15:55.
Old 9th January 2017, 15:44   #152
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
This worked for me as well. Just make sure you speak to your SA and/or Workshop Manager before handing over your car...
[/i]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
Graaja, if you can convince your SA not to update the software, it won't happen. My Jetta spent the entire day at the workshop couple of weeks back for break pads replacement/ complimentary interior cleaning and they spared my car from the software (so called) update upon my request.
Thanks a lot guys. I will talk to the SA and the service manager and ask them not to do the update. Fingers crossed!
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 16:27   #153
BHPian

How can I check if my car has the OPS module or not?

I plan to upgrade my RCD 320 to the RCD 330 Plus, and wanted to know if it will automatically display the graphical lines, upon engaging reverse or do I need to install any additional component or modules.

My car has factory fit parking sensors (4 each front & back), along with a button to manually switch the system on/off.
Attached Thumbnails
My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!-img_3355.jpg  

Old 9th January 2017, 19:33   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Thanks a lot guys. I will talk to the SA and the service manager and ask them not to do the update. Fingers crossed!
Yes, the update is "VOLUNTARY". But, for some reason in future if service guys have to plug in their diagnostic tool..what about the update?? I am not sure how it is being calibrated. At times, the device would auto update before running the scan. Please get it confirmed.
Old 10th January 2017, 10:12   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
PETES TUNED!
I will try and post some In-gear acceleration videos soon,
Also Bhpian Mission_PGPX was at Petes to get his Jetta remapped as well, It seems he enjoyed the drive back to Ahmedabad after getting his car mapped, Sharing a nice picture clicked by him of my car, Till next time perhaps with some videos, CIAO !
Hi tanveer, Thanks for giving me that push to come down to mumbai.
need your opinion on below thing, did you also observe similar behavior?

That thing called shudder:
I mentioned this in my first review post remap, in 5th and 6th gear. Today i wanted to see exactly what happens here. So i check the speed, 100 kmph, 6th gear, rpm around 1500 and then i floored the pedal. The car shudders exactly between 1700-1800 rpm and then flies. What i can make out is that the torque delivery is the reason. Entire 380 or 400 NM torque is released at 1750 rpm, which the gearbox or wheels can not handle and takes its own time till 1800 rpm and then starts flying.

Can someone come out with a right reasons for the same? Is this behavior expected or should the president be worried?
Mission_PGPX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 10:30   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
Hi tanveer, Thanks for giving me that push to come down to mumbai.
need your opinion on below thing, did you also observe similar behavior?

That thing called shudder:
I mentioned this in my first review post remap, in 5th and 6th gear. Today i wanted to see exactly what happens here. So i check the speed, 100 kmph, 6th gear, rpm around 1500 and then i floored the pedal. The car shudders exactly between 1700-1800 rpm and then flies. What i can make out is that the torque delivery is the reason. Entire 380 or 400 NM torque is released at 1750 rpm, which the gearbox or wheels can not handle and takes its own time till 1800 rpm and then starts flying.

Can someone come out with a right reasons for the same? Is this behavior expected or should the president be worried?
Welcome to Mr. ESP kicking in! The shudder is a compensatory mechanism that I experienced in the Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI when I was test driving it.
Old 10th January 2017, 10:32   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Yes, the update is "VOLUNTARY". But, for some reason in future if service guys have to plug in their diagnostic tool..what about the update?? I am not sure how it is being calibrated. At times, the device would auto update before running the scan. Please get it confirmed.
I will ask my acquainted SA whenever I will visit the workshop however the next service (3rd, 45k) is not before 70 days.
Old 10th January 2017, 11:10   #158
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Welcome to Mr. ESP kicking in! The shudder is a compensatory mechanism that I experienced in the Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI when I was test driving it.
Can't be ESP, definitely not in 5th gear! Even in the Superb I'm sure you must have experienced it in 1st or 2nd gear?
Akshay1234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 11:21   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Really?? But i dont see ESC light flickering at 100 kmph at all. If it kicks in, the car should also signal the driver in some way, isn't it?
Old 10th January 2017, 11:23   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
Really?? But i dont see ESC light flickering at 100 kmph at all. If it kicks in, the car should also signal the driver in some way, isn't it?
It could be individual wheel braking.. The light always doesn't flash when the esp kicks in. It's a nanny system. Happens in my Polo, especially after the remap.
Old 10th January 2017, 11:31   #161
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It could be individual wheel braking.. The light always doesn't flash when the esp kicks in. It's a nanny system. Happens in my Polo, especially after the remap.
Not in 6th gear at 1500rpm, trust me. There is no way at that rpm and at that speed that any wheel will lose traction so that ESP has to kick in.

The shudder which Mission_PGPX is getting is because he is lugging the engine, and once there is enough torque the shudder disappears. Its completely normal, though I would suggest downshifting instead of applying full throttle at such a low rpm in a high gear.
Akshay1234 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 11:31   #162
BHPian

Quote:
So Basically, i dont need to worry about this behavior. Petes said it will take about 1000 kms for the ECU to re-calibrate based on my driving style. I can expect such behavior until then. They say, its a self learning ECU. damn, these germans . The machines learn by themselves and we have to go to schools.
Old 10th January 2017, 11:32   #163
Senior - BHPian

I may be totally wrong. You need to explain your shudder better.
Old 10th January 2017, 11:43   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
Not in 6th gear at 1500rpm, trust me. There is no way at that rpm and at that speed that any wheel will lose traction so that ESP has to kick in.

The shudder which Mission_PGPX is getting is because he is lugging the engine, and once there is enough torque the shudder disappears. Its completely normal, though I would suggest downshifting instead of applying full throttle at such a low rpm in a high gear.
I second that. I used to experience the shudder in my 1st gen Dzire MJD (known for the infamous turbo lag & then the famous turbo kick) whenever I floored the pedal around 1500 rpm in 5th gear.
Old 10th January 2017, 12:01   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post

Thanks Akshay, your justification seems more logical to me. I never apply full throttle to take off from such speeds, its the testing of this remap in various conditions made me do that to my engine. My bad.

However, for those in favour of remap, the engine does pickup linearly from here if pedal pressed gently without any such shudder. There is still enough torque available to run but not to fly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks