Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2017, 20:12   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
If it's not a 530d, I'd be really surprised
All of your posts indicate only that car
Rest I just wanted to suggest an A6 3.0tdi in case you find one
Found it a lot more balanced than the 530d
I test drove Audi A6 3 TDI too, It ticks all the right boxes and it makes all the sense by head to go for this car, Unfortunately the heart did not skip a beat while driving it.. More light on this when my next ownership review is up.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 10:54   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Journey with the Jetta has come to an end, And my it had been such a blissful 2.5 years and 34772 kms with the car,
See you guys in my next ownership thread, Which should be coming soon...
sold?? Ohhh come on, we had a deal. chal koi na. Good that you didnt spend on upgrading tyres and saved the mullah.

by the way, i know whats the replacement / upgrade. I smell a cat coming.
Old 8th March 2017, 16:32   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
sold?? Ohhh come on, we had a deal. chal koi na. Good that you didnt spend on upgrading tyres and saved the mullah.
Haha, My family friend gave me no options but to hand him over the key, Yeah hence i din't opt for the tyres even though i was very tempted for it after the remap.

Quote:
by the way, i know whats the replacement / upgrade. I smell a cat coming.
Sending you the pictures over whatsapp.
Old 8th March 2017, 17:34   #199
BHPian

post them here too or pm
too excited for the next set of mods and an ownership review
dhruvritzed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 18:17   #200
BHPian

This thread and this car were the sole reason I went for a Jetta. If not for you, for me it's an end of an era. Congrats.
bharat4ever is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2017, 16:27   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
post them here too or pm
too excited for the next set of mods and an ownership review
I will PM them to you, I will have a proper photo shoot done for it for my ownership thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
This thread and this car were the sole reason I went for a Jetta. If not for you, for me it's an end of an era. Congrats.
Reading such posts/PM's that i get, Makes me feel great man, Thanks! Yes indeed its an end of an era for me too, Ill miss the jetta, I specially felt bad letting her go knowing there is ZERO issues with the car, But then thankfully a family friend bought it, I can see her parked in his building every time i cross that street and it makes me smile.
Old 9th March 2017, 19:45   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the new car sir. Sad to see the Jetta go, but then as someone mentioned before, there is no replacement for displacement. A RWD car is an RWD car at the end of the day. Also good to hear that you sold her off to a friend. After all, there is no match to the satisfaction you get when you have sold your car off to someone you know would cherish her.

I can't wait to see what you have gone for. Will be surprised if it isn't a BMW 5 series. My mind has been going through a list of different cars which you might have bought right now.

Regards,
vishy76
Old 9th March 2017, 22:23   #203
BHPian

Dear Tanveer, You had a fantastic journey with your a Jetta. Envy You��.

I was planning to buy highline AT, however dealers don't have stock as it is discontinued. Mainly petrol Jettas or lower models are available.

It may also not be financially prudent to put 20 grand on a discontinued car and look at sure loss of at least 50% value in 5 yrs( the period I want to keep the car). So my queries are as follows.

1. I am now looking at a used Diesel AT Jetta. However I am not sure about the spares and support for next 5 yrs. could you give me some clue as I have not dealt with VW earlier.

2. Or should I go with an Used Octavia AT which has the same engine but lesser spec suspension. I have lowered my budget to 15 lacs as I don't intend putting 20+ lac on Skoda considering it's reputation.

3. My priorities are a car which masks speed well on highways and keeps the passengers comfortable (hence the lesser preference for Octavia( no multilink at rear). Also VW appears more reliable of the two, and this is an important factor for me.

Could you please enlighten me about expected ASS of VW for discontinued Jetta.

I also request other members to give their opinion.

Octavia petrol is not considered due unreliable 7 speed gearbox.

Thanks.

Last edited by MADMAX111 : 9th March 2017 at 22:26. Reason: Spelling
Old 10th March 2017, 01:31   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADMAX111 View Post
Dear Tanveer, You had a fantastic journey with your a Jetta. Envy Youí*½í±.

I was planning to buy highline AT, however dealers don't have stock as it is discontinued. Mainly petrol Jettas or lower models are available.

It may also not be financially prudent to put 20 grand on a discontinued car and look at sure loss of at least 50% value in 5 yrs( the period I want to keep the car). So my queries are as follows.

1. I am now looking at a used Diesel AT Jetta. However I am not sure about the spares and support for next 5 yrs. could you give me some clue as I have not dealt with VW earlier.

2. Or should I go with an Used Octavia AT which has the same engine but lesser spec suspension. I have lowered my budget to 15 lacs as I don't intend putting 20+ lac on Skoda considering it's reputation.

3. My priorities are a car which masks speed well on highways and keeps the passengers comfortable (hence the lesser preference for Octavia( no multilink at rear). Also VW appears more reliable of the two, and this is an important factor for me.

I also request other members to give their opinion.

Thanks.

I really don't think spares are going to be a problem for the Jetta. It has been on sale since 2011 and VW sure has a better after-sales when compared to Skoda. The Octavia may offer better features but the Jetta diesel is the better product of the two considering the suspension setup. If you are keen on a Skoda then you should look for a used Yeti- perfect for our Indian Highways. Has a decent GC, handles really well and the ride quality is excellent. It might take you sometime to find a clean yeti. Happy shopping
Old 10th March 2017, 11:01   #205
BHPian

Thanks Asit for your inputs.

Yeti is out of contention as I need an Automatic. I share your thoughts on Skoda hence the query.
Old 10th March 2017, 11:14   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Congrats on the new car sir. Sad to see the Jetta go, but then as someone mentioned before, there is no replacement for displacement. A RWD car is an RWD car at the end of the day. Also good to hear that you sold her off to a friend. After all, there is no match to the satisfaction you get when you have sold your car off to someone you know would cherish her.
Yes, Probably that was the only point i was happy about! Selling it to a family friend means i can take her for a spin anytime i want, And i know she would be taken good care of.

Quote:
I can't wait to see what you have gone for. Will be surprised if it isn't a BMW 5 series. My mind has been going through a list of different cars which you might have bought right now.
Haha, It took me months and months of research to finally narrow it down to this car, Yes i too went across several different cars but then, The one i bought made me skip a heart beat! Ill probably post a picture of it on my social media first

Quote:
Dear Tanveer, You had a fantastic journey with your a Jetta. Envy You��.
Thanks man! Indeed i did! Loved every bit of 34774 kms i drove the car.

Quote:
I have told this to couple of other friends too, This is probably the best time to buy a jetta, Lots of them on sale, March + Demonetisation means very very few buyers, And it isn't like Jetta is a hot cake in the used car market! Happy hunting.

Quote:
If you like the car and you are sure of keeping it for more a longer period, Do it! Being discontinued does make a difference but not soo much that you can pass something that is such a rounded package!

Quote:
I would worry about this if i was buying a used Mitsubishi here in India, Don't worry a bit about the after sales for the Jetta.

Quote:
I have driven both the car's back to back, On Empty stretch of roads including curves, The way jetta handles with the multi link, MAKES a difference, I say either go for a used 1.8 TSI octi or the Jetta TDI, I am personally never touching a skoda car.

Quote:
Surely Jetta TDI does that better than the Octavia TDI, Add to the that i love the fact that jetta still feels like a tank on the road.

Quote:
Jetta is getting discontinued only for the RHD version, Part sharing will anyways keep going for the new jetta, If they don't have any part in stock, They usually take around 2-3 weeks to arrange it.

Quote:
Hence i said, Jetta TDI comes out as an allrounder which makes the most sense.
Old 10th March 2017, 11:26   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As Tanveer rightly mentioned, I don't see spares and support for the Jetta for the next 5 years at least since car brands are mandated to support a discontinued model for a set period of time, something near a decade if I remember right. Add to this the fact that most VAG group cars are modular and parts availability shouldn't be an issue, it's the lead time for procuring parts that can be bothersome more than anything else.

Quote:
I'd go for a used Jetta over a used Octavia TDI simply because it'll be cheaper and VW's service is better than Skoda's by most accounts. Buying the car is the beginning of your journey, living with is the major part of the car ownership experience. That's where Skoda faces an issue.

Quote:
All the more you should go for the Jetta given these considerations.

Quote:
Service costs are reasonable for the segment, part costs are a bit high as you'd expect. Timelines for procuring parts are also an issue at times. For instance, I had to get the door actuator changed twice under warranty, and VW stood by their warranty, but it took 2 weeks or so for the part to arrive. That can get to you sometimes. But on the whole, I'd recommend the Jetta regardless of this because owning a VW is not nearly as bad as some make it out to be. Go for the Jetta, you can thank us later.
iliketurtles is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2017, 23:05   #208
BHPian

Sir, which car have you purchased? Just saw your updated profile pic. Congrats. Though I can guess it already, but better to ask.
Old 7th May 2017, 03:17   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarLoverJosh View Post
Sir, which car have you purchased? Just saw your updated profile pic. Congrats. Though I can guess it already, but better to ask.
Hello, Hold on for just a little more time & keep an eye on the Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports section for a much more detailed answer
Old 11th May 2017, 12:16   #210
BHPian

Dear Tanveer,

Found a Jetta highline Tdi AT one year old done 25000 kms. From pics car looks good, yet to to inspect in person.

25K in a year appears slightly more so wanted to know what all to look for when inspecting the car.

Any inputs will be appreciated.

Thankd
MADMAX111 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks