Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2016, 16:41   #31
Team-BHP Support

re: My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pande_monium76 View Post
Dear friends,

A quick question (or three!) on tires:

1. One of my stock tires has got badly cut, which means I need to go purchase one tire. Since I am already at 30k kms (it's a 2013 Highline), I was wondering maybe if I should get the entire set changed to Michelin Primacy 3ST? Any views on mileage?

2. Would I get any cash for the existing tires or are they pretty much worthless?

3. Any tire dealer recommendations for Mumbai?

Cheers!
1) Yes its a good idea to change all of them, since you have already done 30k kms on the standard tyres. Please change to the Michelins, you will love it.

2) Few thousand maybe, but pretty much worthless.

3) Pal tyres, Lamington road. They are listed in the directory. I use them most of the time.
Old 18th May 2016, 17:09   #32
Senior - BHPian

Tanveer,

Have you thought of trying to retrofit the new MIB2 unit in your Jetta ? I have a 2015 CL Jetta and i am researching on the net for information on this. Should be a nice upgrade on the old 310/510 units.
Old 18th May 2016, 23:36   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pande_monium76 View Post
Dear friends,

A quick question (or three!) on tires:

1. One of my stock tires has got badly cut, which means I need to go purchase one tire. Since I am already at 30k kms (it's a 2013 Highline), I was wondering maybe if I should get the entire set changed to Michelin Primacy 3ST? Any views on mileage?
Get it changed, No affect on mileage what so ever, I myself will be changing the stock tyres once i touch the 30k mark.

Quote:
2. Would I get any cash for the existing tires or are they pretty much worthless?
You'll get peanuts for your old tyres, No matter where you sell it, Unless you want to take the effort of selling it directly to a user, But i doubt you'll get one easily.

Quote:
3. Any tire dealer recommendations for Mumbai?
As said above, Pal tyres is good, There are a couple of them at Milan subway as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Tanveer,

Have you thought of trying to retrofit the new MIB2 unit in your Jetta ? I have a 2015 CL Jetta and i am researching on the net for information on this. Should be a nice upgrade on the old 310/510 units.
Hello! I have not yet planned to get the MIB2 unit, Its difficult to part ways with RCD 510 for me specially after i have got the 360 OPS, So i really don't think ill be looking to change it to even a dynavin, There are several little small things that RCD 510 does very effortlessly which is what i love about it.
Old 31st May 2016, 20:57   #34
Senior - BHPian

Nothing much to report, The car has been doing as expected, ODO around 27,000kms i am planning for a remap and tyre swap after it crosses 30,000 kms, Gladly all the modifications are also going strong with no issues at all! Touch wood!

Couple of pictures of what went down on one fine weekend, More amazing pictures to follow soon.

My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!-img_1610.jpg

My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!-img_1594.jpg

My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!-img_1613.jpg
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 00:54   #35
Senior - BHPian

ODO at 28000 Kms, Car is doing great with no issues at all, I am bored of the power now though as well as the stock tyres will be worn in the next 5-7k kms, I am planning to either remap and swap the tyres of swap the car itself.. Maybe..
Need to buy the extended warranty for which the cost given to me is 36,000 INR for 1 year or 45,000 INR for 2 years / 100,000 kms warranty.

Couple of pictures by the time.

My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!-img_3561.jpg

My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!-img_3563.jpg

My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!-img_3569.jpg
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 22:08   #36
Senior - BHPian

Tired of facing trouble with accurate tyre pressure at petrol pumps, Got myself a Analog one http://www.amazon.in/Coido-6075-Metallic-Pressure-Analog/dp/B00GWDXBWS?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui _detailpage_o02_s00

My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!-screen-shot-20160701-10.07.38-pm.png

For roughly 400rs its totally worth it, Found the reading to be very accurate as well.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2016, 20:00   #37
Senior - BHPian

Couple of more pictures from a weekend drive,

My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!-img_3902.jpg

My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!-img_3915.jpg

Eagerly waiting for this kit to arrive, http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Black...999.261.xkpYwG

Painting and fitting will be done by the VW service centre, Will post pictures after the installation.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 13:23   #38
Senior - BHPian

My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1470210746.600791.jpg

Painted! Will be installed tomorrow, Will post a complete details from ordering to customs and painting tomorrow, Hoping it to turn out as i wanted it to..
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 01:35   #39
Senior - BHPian

Was never a fan of the Jetta's front end look, The GLI bumper kit was always on my mind but then after installing the extra sensors for the self parking i was really not willing to change the bumper, I had seen the front lip for the Jetta mk6 since long on aliexpress but never though of ordering it since shipping was around 12,000 rs which was just too much to begin with, The product value itself is just around 6,000 rs which is pretty good, Communicating with a seller he agreed to ship it to me via EMS which is quick too and cheaper than DHL and fedex, And well the product landed at the Mumbai airport in flat 2 days! But the horror starts there after, 2 weeks passed by and no information about the package, The status said "held for custom inspection" for 2 weeks, Loosing out on patience i decided to send one of my staff to go and check on it, Thats when they tell him that a letter was sent to your address the next day the parcel came here but i never got it, And then they tell me ill have to pay 15,000 rs as customs!

15,000rs customs for a 6,000rs product! Clearly they just wanted to mess around! Endedup paying 3500 rs in the end! Lesson learnt and one big and useful advice for others, Don't use EMS as your shipping company, I have ordered several much more expensive things, Car parts and electronics both via Fed ex and DHL and they were delivered to me promptly and if any customs were charged a proper receipt was provided too which is fine. Anyways sent the kit to VW for painting, Took them 2 days they picked up the car and returned it back to me with the kit installed, Everything for just 2,500 Bucks ! The end result? I am really happy! The front end looks very mean now, Some pictures, I really haven't taken any proper photos yet, Will post them once i do, Till then some of these photos from weird angles just to get an idea how it looks.

My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!-fullsizerender-2.jpg

My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!-fullsizerender.jpg

My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!-img_5161.jpg

My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!-img_5163.jpg

My VW Jetta Highline TDI - Tempest Blue. EDIT: Now sold!-img_5165.jpg

This is exactly how i wanted the car to look, In person the car looks much better i feel, Everyone who saw the car sure did love it, Noticing a lot more turning heads now..
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th August 2016, 14:43   #40
Senior - BHPian

And it happens again, For the 4th time when my car was parked! It was a biker this time which was caught by people around and was asked to wait till my dad arrived at the spot (He had taken the jetta that time) It happened because the guy sitting behind the biker was holding a large window, Result is paint chipping off completely! I am out of words really! Goes again for painting on Monday! Thankfully VW service centre has been a bliss in the past few visits.

Name:  Screen Shot 20160828 at 2.33.15 PM.png
Views: 2233
Size:  854.6 KB

Its sad to see people being soo carefree with other peoples property
Old 3rd October 2016, 01:02   #41
BHPian

Tanveer, where did you get the boot and roof spoiler? Car is looking lovely in this color, and spoilers added more character to the car.
Old 6th October 2016, 04:24   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmreddy78 View Post
Tanveer, where did you get the boot and roof spoiler? Car is looking lovely in this color, and spoilers added more character to the car.
Hey,

Thanks! I got the spoilers sourced through a friend in china, I had seem some of it pictures online and really fell for it, Adds that subtle look to the car without going over board.

Specially the rear look has changed a bit more than i expected with such a small and thin spoiler.
Old 7th October 2016, 14:52   #43
BHPian

Hi Tanveer,

Nice mods on the car!

Any plans for a re-map?

My Jetta (which, BTW is the same colour, but the manual comfortline model) has recently completed 2 years with 16K on the odo. Am thinking of getting a re-map done to get the full potential of the 2L engine. A 180 bhp, 400Nm re-map seems quite feasible. Am inclined towards bangalore based T-O-T after reading up some good feedback about them on the forum.

Best,
anandpkumar
Old 7th October 2016, 17:30   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpkumar View Post
Hi Tanveer,
My Jetta (which, BTW is the same colour, but the manual comfortline model) has recently completed 2 years with 16K on the odo. Am thinking of getting a re-map done to get the full potential of the 2L engine. A 180 bhp, 400Nm re-map seems quite feasible. Am inclined towards bangalore based T-O-T after reading up some good feedback about them on the forum.
r
Hi Anand,
Are you in ahmedabad? I am also in same boat, my jetta completed 4th service and in final year of warranty. We can refer to Chetan, who remapped his jetta comfortline manual from Petes and is really a happy chap. The complication is regarding taking out ECU and sending to petes or TOT and then getting it reinstalled. Thats the risk i am considering. Other option is to drive down to bangalore and get the thing done in a day or two.

May be we can meet up and discuss this further.
Old 7th October 2016, 17:58   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
Hi Anand,
Are you in ahmedabad? I am also in same boat, my jetta completed 4th service and in final year of warranty. We can refer to Chetan, who remapped his jetta comfortline manual from Petes and is really a happy chap. The complication is regarding taking out ECU and sending to petes or TOT and then getting it reinstalled. Thats the risk i am considering. Other option is to drive down to bangalore and get the thing done in a day or two.

May be we can meet up and discuss this further.
Hi,

Yes, I am based in Ahmedabad; and we should meet up sometime. We do have quite a few things in common to discuss:
- PGPX (I am from the 2010-11 batch)
- The Jetta 2.0 TDI
- Hyundai Getz (which is my second car. Wifey uses this now)
- RE Thunderbird (which I used to own. Sold a few years back)

Do PM me......we can plan to meet up sometime.

Apologies to the OP for going OT.

Best,
Anand

Most Viewed