Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2017, 11:24   #241
BHPian

Re: Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi

I have a question about how cruise control would handle a downward slope.
Lets say the CC is set to 80 Kmph and one encounters a hill like ascend and descend on a arrow straight highway. The CC will throttle up the engine to counter the drop in speed during the upward climb and maintain 80 kmph. Now at the crest of the hill the speed is still 80 kmph. On the downward slope the car tends to accelerate even when throttle is let off - lets assume it is a rather steep descend. Does the CC make use of the brakes? If not will the speed exceed the set speed of 80 kmph?
Old 15th May 2017, 11:36   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I am currently on the third year extended warranty, valid till Feb 2018.

Yes, Ford has 4th year warranty for the Fiesta now.
Surprisingly, I was offered the 2 year extended warranty as a part of the deal even before I sat down to negotiate the price. It was offered as complimentary so I thought it must be a part of their marketing. Now getting to know from many people that many are not even aware of the extended warranty till they go for their first service where their service representative tells them of the details.

Our car suffered its first break down. My wife was out grocery shopping when she noticed the fuel gauge showing unusual and quick drop in fuel level. She immediately pulled into our neighbourhood fuel station where people know her well. The took a look under the car and informed her that fuel is leaking from the fuel tank. She contacted the SVC and asked fuel station people to explain the problem to the service manager. There on, she straight away took the car to the SVC and left it there. As it was late evening they said they would take a look at the car next day.

Next day we get a call informing us in one breath that nozzle on the fuel pump had cracked and therefore the whole fuel pump assembly had to be replaced. The cost of the fuel pump is 26,000/-. As they did not have one in stock and need to order one, should they do so? I was taken aback a little. I said hold your horses, the car is under warranty and the fuel pump needs to be replaced the warranty.

The answer; Sir, its physical damage, therefore, cannot be replaced under warranty. I was knew this was now going to be a long road . To make the long story short, I kept escalating the issue to the next level till I got someone who would speak something sensible. At every level, anyone that I spoke to would parrot 'its physical damage, therefore, cannot be covered under warranty'.

After 7 days & lot of persistence I finally got through and the fuel pump was replaced under warranty. My total cost; 1 full fuel tank and car standing at the SVC for 10 days.
PratikPatel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 07:51   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajathv8 View Post
I have a question about how cruise control would handle a downward slope.
I haven't used cruise control that extensively. It doesn't make any sense inside Kerala. And on fast winding roads with thin traffic, I like to be in control. Its safer and definitely more fun with the Fiesta.

The following is there from the owners manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta manual
When you are going downhill, your speed may increase above the set speed. The system will not apply the brakes. Change down a gear to assist the system in maintaining the set speed.
The accelerator will be cut and the car will be in gear, but the car can go above the set speed if the road is steep enough. And touching the brake or clutch pedal will disengage cruise control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta manual
Cruise control will disengage if your vehicle speed decreases more than 10 mph (16 km/h) below your set speed while driving uphill.
This is where an automatic transmission would have helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratikPatel View Post
Surprisingly, I was offered the 2 year extended warranty as a part of the deal even before I sat down to negotiate the price.
Are you talking about the 2 years standard warranty or the 2 years additional warranty (taking the total cover to 4 years). If its the latter, then its a great deal.

Quote:
After 7 days & lot of persistence I finally got through and the fuel pump was replaced under warranty. My total cost; 1 full fuel tank and car standing at the SVC for 10 days.
Sad to note this. coolboy007 also had a similar experience. Check this post.

But he got top notch service and the fuel pump and the fuel return pipe were changed under warranty.
Old 16th May 2017, 10:20   #244
BHPian

Quote:

Are you talking about the 2 years standard warranty or the 2 years additional warranty (taking the total cover to 4 years). If its the latter, then its a great deal.

Sad to note this. coolboy007 also had a similar experience. Check this post.

But he got top notch service and the fuel pump and the fuel return pipe were changed under warranty.
Yes, it is a 2 year standard + 2 year extended warranty.

But what is the use of such a 'warranty' when such distasteful episodes take place where one has to run pillar to post to get them to honour the 'warranty'.

Coolboy007's experience is diametrically opposite to mine. I feel it's more of a dealership problem than Ford's policy to deal with issues like these. A bit of a let down when you consider the fact that I have been a customer of that dealership for 10 years now and refereed so many of my friends and family to them for their cars. What was most shocking was that once I received a mail from Ford confirming that the part will be replaced and they will bear 100% cost, the dealership was still asking for 8,000/-. It's only when they were shown the mail that I had received from Ford that they stepped down.
Old 16th May 2017, 23:28   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A bit of a let down when you consider the fact that I have been a customer of that dealership for 10 years now and refereed so many of my friends and family to them for their cars.
You should definitely write to Ford stating your experience. They are spending so much money and effort nowadays to 'fix' their past image. This is not going to sit well with them at all.
Old 19th May 2017, 13:38   #246
BHPian

Hi evero, I need a quick suggestion. My engine protector plate came off and need to be replaced. The service advisor suggests that it can be just removed as it costs ₹8000. He says the car will be just fine without it. What do you guys suggest? Please be quick. I need to take the call now.
Old 19th May 2017, 14:02   #247
Senior - BHPian

I have been driving around without it for the past few months after I lost the engine guard at high speed and was unable to recover. I think there is no problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Hi evero, I need a quick suggestion. My engine protector plate came off and need to be replaced. The service advisor suggests that it can be just removed as it costs ₹8000. He says the car will be just fine without it. What do you guys suggest? Please be quick. I need to take the call now.
Old 19th May 2017, 16:39   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I have been driving around without it for the past few months after I lost the engine guard at high speed and was unable to recover. I think there is no problem!

Thank you so much. I have decided to do the same for now. I have talked to my independent mechanic who said it was possible to get an aluminium guard custom made, will go to meet him during next week and decide.
Old 19th May 2017, 22:28   #249
VKS
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much. I have decided to do the same for now. I have talked to my independent mechanic who said it was possible to get an aluminium guard custom made.

Seems there is a major flaw in how the guard is held in Fiesta. I got a new one for 8k which is also not holding properly . The screws keep coming off . It is better to get it fabricated and fixed properly.
Old 20th May 2017, 09:57   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My engine protector plate came off and need to be replaced.
How did it come off?

I wouldn't like it without the guard, our roads are a bit too hostile for the engine room to be fully exposed. Even a plastic one will offer a bit of protection.

The guard is held on to the front bumper on the leading edge using plastic rivets. Will the aluminium one be too heavy for the bumper? Also will be good to know the approximate cost for the fabricated one.
Old 7th June 2017, 21:36   #251
Senior - BHPian

My favorite season for driving is here. Loving the grip from the P3ST gang.

Dual tone is the flavor of the season. LOL
Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img_20170607_120307640-2.jpg
Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-img_20170607_120300060.jpg

Hopefully, the rain gods will keep at it this year unlike seasons past.

The best bits about the Fiesta during monsoon:
1) That hunkered down feel - is very reassuring on a wet road! Love the grip and poise be it a straight line or a curve.
2) The well insulated cabin is a nice place to be in pounding rain. The sheet metal also helps to cocoon you inside from the sound made by those water bullets.
3) The rain sensing wiper is truly bliss - one of the most effective toys in the car.
4) The stock lights are really capable except for the fog lamps.

The bad bits:
1) Getting inside the car fast without getting wet is an art given the low stance of the car and the space constraints, it will definitely help if one knows Jujutsu. The keyless entry helps when you are carrying an umbrella though.
2) Roads have started to break up due to poor upkeep. Also there is light flooding when the rain gets heavy. Crossing stretches like that with a low slung sedan is a bit of heart in the mouth.
deetjohn is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th June 2017, 14:38   #252
BHPian

Hi. Recently I have come across a 2014 fiesta titanium done 10k Kms. Asking price is 7.5 but the guy seems to be ready around 5.7 lacs. Haven't checked the car because it's far away. Will check the service history before proceeding. I have always lusted for the refreshed fiesta. How is the deal and will it be better to settle for a new figo diesel or this one?
Old 16th June 2017, 07:01   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
I have always lusted for the refreshed fiesta. How is the deal and will it be better to settle for a new figo diesel or this one?
The Fiesta it is. A no-brainer as far as I can see.

Any idea why the owner is selling?
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 07:34   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Hi. Recently I have come across a 2014 fiesta titanium done 10k Kms. How is the deal and will it be better to settle for a new figo diesel or this one?
A 2014 Fiesta Titanium, with such a low mileage, is hard to find. A gem of a car, but sadly did not do well in the market. I would go for it, if there are no problems with the service history of the car. Seems you are getting a good deal for a diesel. A lot depends on how the owner has treated the car. Find out the reason for low mileage and you will get a clue or two on whether to buy or not. Of course a test drive and a thorough inspection at an FASS is a must.

Cheers! Love and Live to Drive !!
BLACKBLADE is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 23:50   #255
BHPian

Quote:
The Fiesta it is. A no-brainer as far as I can see.

Any idea why the owner is selling?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBLADE View Post
A 2014 Fiesta Titanium...Find out the reason for low mileage..!
According to the seller the car was leased by his company and used by his wife (so the less mileage). As he left the company, he wants to sell it as the lease got terminated. I have no idea how this mechanism works. Will have to discuss in detail.

Most Viewed