Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2015, 10:29   #46
BHPian

Re: Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
Note: Hope the photos did justice, the photo session were carried out in the middle of the day or in the after noon and it is very difficult to shoot a white car under hot sun.
Attachment 1376755
Thats an awesome photo man. Where's the location?
pamiboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2015, 11:02   #47
BHPian

Hi Deetjohn, I envy you ! What a ride you have, and what a beautiful place you live in. A car that handles twists and turns unlike no other, and a place that has so many of twists and turns, surrounded by beautiful greenery.

I have a query. I am not a rash driver, but when i get open roads which allow us to do high speeds safely, i will happily do it. Can you help me know whats the gear/RPM/Speed at various speeds? especially at 80, 100 and above it.

Please keep this thread active, there are so few of this beautiful machine.
Dieselritzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2015, 11:35   #48

Thanks Deetjohn for the awesome review of this awesome car. I work at Ford and even i am not fully aware of Ford's strategy regarding the marketing of global Fiesta.
The latest news is that they have stopped production of this car in Chennai plant but there is no news regarding the Phase out of the model. So the future of this car is a mystery even to us.

I am not sure if i can buy one if i am late and the already meager stocks with the dealers vanish.
deepjoz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2015, 13:05   #49
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely 5* stuff - very detailed review with stunning Photos. The car is a looker in white. If you plan to carry out any visual mods, do think about blacking out the front chrome grill lines - I think that will look dashingly good on white.

Congratulations on teh car and wish you countless happy miles.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2015, 16:10   #50
BHPian

What an excellent write-up Deetjohn. You have truly done justice to the car with your writing skills and pics. Hope to read more from you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Excellent review deetjohn!
Quick question on the safety feature - Is the titanium model equipped with ESP?
The fiesta homepage has a demo video of Electronic Stability Control but its missing from the specifications.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
This is still one big puzzle. The website says ESP is there and vb-san even got a confirmation on that while chatting with Ford personal on the website. I am honestly not sure. Knowing Ford, I wouldn't be surprised if its there.
Regarding the ESP, even when the fiesta was launched back in 2012, it was a feature that was available only on the AT versions of the car (like hill launch assist in ecosport). So It's highly unlikely that the current manual version has it.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-fiesta.png  

Chuckster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2015, 18:23   #51
BHPian

DeetJohn, an excellent write up. I am a Ford fan. Have been since the day I owned my first car. My wife drives a Fiesta Classic and after 4 years it was time to upgrade her car. She was insistent that she would not buy a Ford, she wanted a change. She tried all the cars mentioned by you in your write up and then tried Fiesta. She comes back and says "This is car I want and I want the Titanium one"! She now not ready to consider any other car. So it the Fiesta on her birthday in October. As an added bonus I will get to keep the Fiesta Classic and mod it.
PratikPatel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 00:08   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamiboy View Post
Thats an awesome photo man. Where's the location?
That's Varapuzha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Can you help me know whats the gear/RPM/Speed at various speeds? especially at 80, 100 and above it.

Please keep this thread active, there are so few of this beautiful machine.
There you go Dieselritzer! All for the 5th gear.

80 KMPH - 1700 RPM
100 KMPH - 2100 RPM
120 KMPH - 2500 RPM

I will try my utmost to keep the thread active.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
If you plan to carry out any visual mods, do think about blacking out the front chrome grill lines - I think that will look dashingly good on white.
Yeah, that thought has indeed crossed my mind. The black mesh from the ST will look even better I think. Along with the smoked headlights from the lower variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
Regarding the ESP, even when the fiesta was launched back in 2012, it was a feature that was available only on the AT versions of the car (like hill launch assist in ecosport). So It's highly unlikely that the current manual version has it.
Yeah, that makes total sense. But whats puzzling though is the fact that Ford confirmed the presence of ESP in the current Fiesta on two separate occasions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratikPatel View Post
She comes back and says "This is car I want and I want the Titanium one"! She now not ready to consider any other car. So it the Fiesta on her birthday in October. As an added bonus I will get to keep the Fiesta Classic and mod it.
Lucky lady I should say.

Last edited by deetjohn : 3rd June 2015 at 00:25. Reason: Adding Quote.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 12:55   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
But whats puzzling though is the fact that Ford confirmed the presence of ESP in the current Fiesta on two separate occasions.
The ford techsection site mentions that ESC consists of ABS + EBD + TCS + EBA. As far as I know ( and experienced ) the fiesta doesn't come with TCS and EBA, but does have ABS + EBD. So that means the fiesta has partial ESC.

http://www.india.ford.com/techsectio...=1249064517624
Chuckster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 18:19   #54
BHPian

Fiesta is the best driver's car in this segment. There shall be no doubt about it. The EPS is spot on and the Aston Martin inspired front grill gives it a masculine stance on the road. I wanted to buy one for myself but didn't work out that way.
Having said that, I feel that the surge of torque is not very strong and long lived like VW diesel engines. I will recommend to go in for a remap to exploit the dynamics of the taut chassis. It's handling is sublime and it's a joy to pilot this car, especially in the hills.
cruising_rapid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 14:56   #55
BHPian

Congratulations on your buy! One thing that i definitely love about FORD cars is their driveability and steering feedback. What a pure bliss to drive, and off course they are handsome looking! Fiesta IMO deserves a lot lot better place in the sales chart but thanks to poor initial pricing and marketing strategy from FORD India who were just too keen to sell the ecosport and may be they forgot that they own other robust cars like Endy & Fiesta. Hoping too see your travelogues soon on your mile-munching machine
Zahoor23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 00:16   #56
BHPian

Congratulations Deet for owning the white beauty..Excellent review and write-up. Honk when you see a KL43 white titanium global fiesta that will be me

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th June 2015 at 09:46. Reason: Removing quoted post. Incoveniences our mobile users. Thanks!
quakerme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 11:00   #57
BHPian

Excellent write up!

I've had a ford fiesta titanium petrol for over 3 years now and drive it every day. I agree that its the best drivers car out there as long as you can keep the engine in the meat of the powerband.

The quality of the imported bits and the black interior makes a difference 3 years down the line. The car hardly has aged and my car still looks and feels as good as new. Even in the days where you have siri and what not, ford's voice recognition for phone dialling is something that simply works for every day use.

There are a few bug bears especially the missing light for the rear seats and the high position of the rear seat handrest but this you have to live with then you get what you want up front.

I've hardly had a reason for regret with my ford. Perhaps when it comes to selling it but then I'd rather run it to the ground than selling it.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th June 2015 at 11:04. Reason: Smileys are limited to 2 per post. Please pay attention to the forum rules! Thanks!
clementj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2015, 07:35   #58
Senior - BHPian

Thank You all for wishes and kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
The ford techsection site mentions that ESC consists of ABS + EBD + TCS + EBA. As far as I know ( and experienced ) the fiesta doesn't come with TCS and EBA, but does have ABS + EBD. So that means the fiesta has partial ESC.
LOL! Good find! So, Ford is "technically" right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising_rapid View Post
I will recommend to go in for a remap to exploit the dynamics of the taut chassis. It's handling is sublime and it's a joy to pilot this car, especially in the hills.
A remap is definitely on the cards, but not till 20k on the odometer at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahoor23 View Post
Hoping too see your travelogues soon on your mile-munching machine
I don't think I have done a TL ever. Like with the Swift thread, I will try and share updates and photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quakerme View Post
Honk when you see a KL43 white titanium global fiesta that will be me
You can bet on a flash from me, hate that horn. I see quite a few cars here in Ernakulam city. Yesterday, I saw another Titanium in Smoke Grey shade near Airport Seaport road. Maybe I am noticing them more than others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clementj View Post
There are a few bug bears especially the missing light for the rear seats and the high position of the rear seat handrest but this you have to live with then you get what you want up front.
Those two issues are fixed in the facelift. Try if you can source the parts and get them fitted on your Fiesta.

Sharing a very interesting snap that I took at a function recently. The Fiesta (Mark V) is owned by a cousin.
Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi-wp_20150503_006.jpg
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2015, 11:15   #59
BHPian

That one's a cracker of a review. Changes the perspective of how many folks look at fiesta today. It is an awesome car but many don't understand that here in India. I'm glad you choose from your heart. Ford should push the sales for this car. Many folks i spoke to always compared buying a Honda City or Ciaz instead of a fiesta. The pure logic is that Honda/Maruti are more reliable. Ford should fill that space of reliability with Fiesta by heavy marketing so that people understand how much underrated this car is.
joelchandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2015, 11:44   #60

Amazing Review deetjohn . I was planning to sell mine since I am moving abroad but after going through your pics, now I am confused as I just don't want to leave this beauty in ignorant hands.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th June 2015 at 11:45.
HennyMK is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed