Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2015, 20:05   #76
BHPian

Re: Our 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.5L TDCi

Congrats Buddy ! & a great review
I own a Ford and i understand the driving parameters of this cars and other Ford cars.
Simply amazing and moreover I am in absolute love with this global fiesta since it came.
You have ignited an itch inside to upgrade... !

I really wish if Ford did some good marketing to promote the Fiesta in Indian market , It is indeed a stiff competition for the likes of Verna, City, Vento but the less marketing and cold feeling towards the Ford makes it appear less on roads, even though Classic & Figo are in abundance but i really feel Fiesta should sell in more numbers.
ashishmathur14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2015, 06:44   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govindremesh View Post
Maybe it cuts the throttle when you downshift? Will have to try that sometime
Interesting! Lets us know what you find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devansn View Post
Congrats on your purchase, John! .....Well, people have different criteria...

....I never noticed my car's seats until I drove the Ecosport - wow, those seats are just perfect! I think Ecosport also has lumbar adjustment. Does Fiesta have it?

Once we were in Ford Thrissur (Puzhakkal) for checking out Ecosport and the Fiesta for my friend. He has back ache issue and my understanding is that its mostly because of the frequent gear shifts required in Kerala. Everytime he has to press the clutch pedal, he may be stretching his left leg a little and that, along with insufficient under-thigh support in his DZire may be causing the back ache, I believe. I thought the seats and the seating position in Fiesta may reduce his issues. Funny enough, Ford Thrissur does not have a Fiesta for test drive. They say they don't even sell it!
Yep, a car purchase is something where even a total stranger will give you his an opinion unfortunately.

No, Fiesta doesn't have lumbar adjustment. And you're right. EcoSport does have it.

DZire has good front seats, so a bit surprised. Ask him to keep the seat back a bit upright if not done already. Most drivers recline it so much so that there is no support from the seat when you use the clutch. It can lead to back problems.

Do call you Ford Cheranalloor for a Fiesta TD. I think they will bring it to Thrissur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishmathur14 View Post
...You have ignited an itch inside to upgrade... !

I really wish if Ford did some good marketing to promote the Fiesta in Indian market , It is indeed a stiff competition for the likes of Verna, City, Vento but the less marketing and cold feeling towards the Ford makes it appear less on roads, even though Classic & Figo are in abundance but i really feel Fiesta should sell in more numbers.
Glad to hear about the itch to upgrade. That's how it starts.

Yeah, the Fiesta should be selling way way more. Ford had severe capacity issues till Gujarat plant was up due to export commitments. And now, maybe they have just lost interest.

Last edited by deetjohn : 20th June 2015 at 06:45. Reason: typo.
Old 2nd July 2015, 14:01   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratikPatel View Post
DeetJohn, an excellent write up. I am a Ford fan. Have been since the day I owned my first car. My wife drives a Fiesta Classic and after 4 years it was time to upgrade her car. She was insistent that she would not buy a Ford, she wanted a change. She tried all the cars mentioned by you in your write up and then tried Fiesta. She comes back and says "This is car I want and I want the Titanium one"! She now not ready to consider any other car. So it the Fiesta on her birthday in October. As an added bonus I will get to keep the Fiesta Classic and mod it.
So after taking a look at all the cars available in the market and insisting on a change, my wife could not find anything to match the Fiesta for driving experience. Finally, after a lot of deliberation and deterring as she didn't want a Ford but not finding a car that comes even within touching distance for driving experience, we booked the Titanium version today. Now the 3 month waiting starts.
Old 2nd July 2015, 18:33   #79
BHPian

Quote:
So after taking a look at all the cars available in the market and insisting on a change, my wife could not find anything to match the Fiesta for driving experience. Finally, after a lot of deliberation and deterring as she didn't want a Ford but not finding a car that comes even within touching distance for driving experience, we booked the Titanium version today. Now the 3 month waiting starts.
A 3 months waiting period? Sounds too high to me. After I confirmed that I want a Titanium and the dealer changed the booking from Trend to Titanium, it took them some 20 days to get the car from Chennai to Bangalore. Why 3 months?
Old 2nd July 2015, 22:33   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So after taking a look at all the cars available in the market and insisting on a change, my wife could not find anything to match the Fiesta for driving experience. ... Now the 3 month waiting starts.
Congrats! The demand/ supply for Fiesta is very uneven across the country. So, there will be huge waiting period with some dealers and readily available stock with some. Talk to the dealer and try to get the car from a different state. It is possible.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 13:36   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
A 3 months waiting period? Sounds too high to me. After I confirmed that I want a Titanium and the dealer changed the booking from Trend to Titanium, it took them some 20 days to get the car from Chennai to Bangalore. Why 3 months?
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Congrats! The demand/ supply for Fiesta is very uneven across the country. So, there will be huge waiting period with some dealers and readily available stock with some. Talk to the dealer and try to get the car from a different state. It is possible.
Over here, the Trend version is in stock and can be delivered immediately. However, my wife wants the top of the line and nothing less. I was also offered the demo car which has done about 10,000 kms at a very steep discount with refurbishment of the interiors and complete servicing and full warranty. Somehow, it just does not feel right and so did not opt for it.

I have had a long relationship with SC Ford, including knowing the owner very well. In past 7 years since it started I have taken delivery of 6 cars for friends, relatives and my own car. My other 2 Fords were from Shakti Ford, which has since closed down.

They offered me the option of sourcing the car from another dealer. But they were open enough to tell me that the car could very well have been sitting in the dealer's yard for more than 3 months as was the case with the Trend available with them. They also advised me that if I could wait for 2 months I would get a fresh car off the production line as once I book the car they would give the order to Ford India, who would make the car in their next lot of production.

Since the booking amount for them to initiate the order was 50,000/- and my wife's birthday is in October, and I do not have to pay the balance amount till I do PDI of the car once it arrives at their yard, I am quite ok with the arrangement.
PratikPatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 15:10   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Over here, the Trend version is in stock and can be delivered immediately. However, my wife wants the top of the line and nothing less. I was also offered the demo car which has done about 10,000 kms at a very steep discount with refurbishment of the interiors and complete servicing and full warranty. Somehow, it just does not feel right and so did not opt for it.

I have had a long relationship with SC Ford, including knowing the owner very well. In past 7 years since it started I have taken delivery of 6 cars for friends, relatives and my own car. My other 2 Fords were from Shakti Ford, which has since closed down.

They offered me the option of sourcing the car from another dealer. But they were open enough to tell me that the car could very well have been sitting in the dealer's yard for more than 3 months as was the case with the Trend available with them. They also advised me that if I could wait for 2 months I would get a fresh car off the production line as once I book the car they would give the order to Ford India, who would make the car in their next lot of production.

Since the booking amount for them to initiate the order was 50,000/- and my wife's birthday is in October, and I do not have to pay the balance amount till I do PDI of the car once it arrives at their yard, I am quite ok with the arrangement.
Sounds all OK. One question: Ford has paused Fiesta's production for nobody know how long, are you sure they will make one car on order for each customer? Doesn't sound too good to me.
Old 3rd July 2015, 15:40   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Sounds all OK. One question: Ford has paused Fiesta's production for nobody know how long, are you sure they will make one car on order for each customer? Doesn't sound too good to me.
A phone call to the Regional Office in Mumbai was made in my presence. Apparently, they have received enough orders to make one production lot. The production will take place within the next 60 days.

Also based on what I have seen with the demo car, it seems that a lot of people are taking test drives out here. Its just that the dealership does not want to push the car with any seriousness. Its all about Ecosport and Fiesta Classic for fleet owners.

Once a test drive is taken, it will make a believer out of almost anyone and you decide to go for it, the relationship executives will then try to change your mind and steer you towards the Ecosport with a doggedness that will test your patience . My wife had to finally tell the executive that she knows the owner of the dealership and can talk to him about the car. That finally made the executive back down.
PratikPatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2015, 08:15   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Awesome! Nothing like tracking a car fresh from the factory before delivery.

Quote:
Also based on what I have seen with the demo car, it seems that a lot of people are taking test drives out here. Its just that the dealership does not want to push the car with any seriousness. Its all about Ecosport and Fiesta Classic for fleet owners.
Sad but True. I can't imagine how it will be once Aspire is here.

Anyways, glad to know that everything is sorted at your end. Decided on any colour?
Old 4th July 2015, 09:33   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Once a test drive is taken, it will make a believer out of almost anyone and you decide to go for it, the relationship executives will then try to change your mind and steer you towards the Ecosport with a doggedness that will test your patience . My wife had to finally tell the executive that she knows the owner of the dealership and can talk to him about the car. That finally made the executive back down.
Ask me! I contacted 3 dealerships here in Bangalore, ready to book with whoever could get me car at the earliest as I had already taken TDs and read multiple times all the reviews at teambhp, and it seemed everybody wanted to sell me the Ecosport or the Classic. Once, they even suggested me to wait for the Aspire. It was crazy.
Old 4th July 2015, 15:08   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Decided on any colour?
The current car is dark silver, so this one will be white.
Old 11th July 2015, 07:54   #87
Senior - BHPian

We have completed 5 months with the car and the Odo is around 8900 KM.

Some findings

After driving extensively in the rains, one thing I have noticed is that its easy for the front windshield to pick up muck as the Fiesta sits very low and the windshield is at an acute angle. Our Swift used to have a relatively cleaner windshield. Good that the wiper does a fantastic job.

Also, the notchiness of the gearshift is more or less gone. It is much smoother with some miles on the car, but it ain't no Swift.

And there is a world of difference between the build of doors between the Swift and the Fiesta. We got a pillar in our garage and a few days back, the front left door hit the edge of the pillar when it was opened as the car was parked close to the pillar. The Fiesta got very aggressive door brakes and the pillar was right at the first natural resting position of the open door. I heard a solid thud and felt miserable. I knew it would have left a mark or a light dent on the door. I was restless till I got to my wife' office and got down to inspect the door. To my pleasant surprise I couldn't spot anything on the door. The door is a little dirty and need to check again once the car gets washed. I came back home and I could see a small chipped portion on the edge of the pillar. And for all you know, that might have been there for sometime. Anyways, left a smile on my face.

I still haven't taken the warranty extension for 4th year. Will talk to the dealer when I take the Ford for second service.
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2015, 14:44   #88
BHPian

Guys need some help . As mentioned in some of my earlier posts I have booked the Titanium version of the car. My problem is that my old car had a JVC 6.1 Multimedia ICE with Kicker speakers, sub woofers and Kenwood amplifiers which my wife loves and is somewhat obsessed a decent music system in the car.

Now my problem is that in the Titanium version there is the Sync system. My wife insist on a high definition Multimedia ICE for the car but I also would like to preserve the Sync system. Is there a solution to this problem or is it case of all or nothing issue?
Old 28th July 2015, 20:25   #89

Quote:
Guys need some help . As mentioned in some of my earlier posts I have booked the Titanium version of the car. My problem is that my old car had a JVC 6.1 Multimedia ICE with Kicker speakers, sub woofers and Kenwood amplifiers which my wife loves and is somewhat obsessed a decent music system in the car.

Now my problem is that in the Titanium version there is the Sync system. My wife insist on a high definition Multimedia ICE for the car but I also would like to preserve the Sync system. Is there a solution to this problem or is it case of all or nothing issue?
Hi Pratik,

Firstly many congratulations on making a wise move by booking the best Driver’s car in its segment, be rest assured that it will bring a big smile on your face every time you take it out for a spin & also while settling the service bills as there will be hardly any expense considering the car this size . Now coming to your query, this seems to be a common problem with most of the sync owners as there is hardly any provision or scope of integrating a multimedia infotainment screen which IMO is a must have these days as it not only gives a premium feel to the interiors but also doubles in as an output interface for the rear view camera which is a must have in this car. It’s been a year now since I am also looking for a solution to this as I was also too obsessed with my JVC screen in my rapid, the previous car. But unfortunately till date, the only integrated solution I’ve got is to replace the entire HU with another ICE which obviously would ruin the sync system & after using sync for some time now, I just don’t think it makes any sense to get rid of such an amazing system. There are few integrated options available from Caska & Megaaudio for Ecosport in which the screen gets replaced by an LCD unit & the remaining system integrates with the sync system without disturbing any existing feature. Initially I thought that these systems should work just fine in the Fiesta too considering the systems look very similar but unfortunately I’ve tried both and somehow it is not compatible with Fiesta apart from being overly priced too. You may also find similar options from other vendors on alibaba.com & amazon.com but I am not sure about the success of their compatibility & installation. After a lot of thinking, I’ve finally decided to experiment a little by placing a tab somewhere in the dash & solving the purpose for now. Hence, today only I’ve ordered online a budget tab from Lenovo via snapdeal & hopefully will soon share pictures if I am able to install and make it compatible with the existing system. In the mean while it seems like a case of all or nothing
HennyMK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2015, 16:01   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Ask me! I contacted 3 dealerships here in Bangalore, ready to book with whoever could get me car at the earliest as I had already taken TDs and read multiple times all the reviews at teambhp, and it seemed everybody wanted to sell me the Ecosport or the Classic. Once, they even suggested me to wait for the Aspire. It was crazy.
There are two dealerships in Lucknow - Narain and MGS. It was really funny in MGS. They have Ecosport and Figo. The executives told me clearly on this Saturday that the production of both Classic and the new Fiesta is discontinued. They were decisive and doubtless! What a confidence, I thought.

I wondered aloud... Discontinuing Classic is something I can understand, but the new Fiesta...(?)

The executives consoled me... Wait for a few days sir, there is a better car being launched, and it is called Aspire! (they were yet to get one unit on display then, but the marketing dialogues are already taught to them.)

They are indeed happy to sell Ecosport and Figo. But their sense of quality... One guy once told me there that the Ecosport has a better steering and that it is EPS. He meant better than my four year old Fiesta's. I asked him if he knows that a hydraulic unit is way above in providing feedback and road-feel compared to the light steering of his Ecosport. He was cutting a sorry figure.

In one sense, the new Fiesta seen in very small numbers on road makes itself a singular, unique and sporty-looking car!

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 29th July 2015 at 16:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks