Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2015, 16:49   #16
BHPian

Re: My 2015 Mahindra XUV500 - Pegasus comes home

First of all hearty congratulations on your purchase. Even I picked up a new Swift VDI on 30th May with an exchange offer on my Civic.
When I visited Kondapur VVC showroom and observed the XUV 2nd row is fixed (no to & fro movement) on the out going model which makes the 3rd row strictly for kids or 5 feet people. Is that the same case with the new XUV or it is adjustable?
Old 9th June 2015, 17:49   #17
BHPian

Congratulations for your new acquisition buddy. Nice set of pics and really like the 3d mats you have in there.
Will be glued to this thread and looking for future updates. Might change our W8 to W10 by the end of next year. Wishing you miles of happiness with cheetah.
Old 9th June 2015, 18:55   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel9999 View Post
Thank you falconion. If it was a white W10 you saw on that day, chances are it could be mine

This is my first premium Mahindra purchase, so perhaps you can answer my question. How good is Mahindra when it comes to honouring warranty claims ? Is it advisable to take the extended warranty coverage ?
yup it was the white one

Mahindra is pretty good in regards with warranty claims. And since it is their premium vehicle they are trying their best for customer satisfaction.
Like someone already mentioned if they give any trouble, a call to customer care sets them right.
But so far VVC Motors has been good with me, had to get the bigger ups involved once and since then things have been smooth.

- I have a modified drive shaft currently in my vehicle under warranty
- I got all 4 doors replaced under warranty due to rust in door latches
- I got AC blower replaced under warranty

You don't have to pay a single paisa.

They don't hassle you much. Plus you telling them you are a member of Team-BHP also helps. (FACT: Mahindra has a dedicated team reading all user posts regarding XUV on Team-BHP, facebook, twitter, etc.)

Extended warranty is a must in my opinion, its cheaper than buying the parts that are covered under warranty.

i.e., The suspensions are covered until 50,000 km, if they go kaput it would cost you more than the cost of extended warranty itself. My yearly running is quiet less (about 10,000 km/year), so it was worth it for me.
falconion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2015, 23:17   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PISTONS View Post
First of all hearty congratulations on your purchase. Even I picked up a new Swift VDI on 30th May with an exchange offer on my Civic.

When I visited Kondapur VVC showroom and observed the XUV 2nd row is fixed (no to & fro movement) on the out going model which makes the 3rd row strictly for kids or 5 feet people. Is that the same case with the new XUV or it is adjustable?

Hi Pistons. There is no to and fro movement on the second row of seats and the third row remains strictly for kids. Mahindra could have done something for this on the revised model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh09 View Post
Congratulations for your new acquisition buddy. Nice set of pics and really like the 3d mats you have in there.

Will be glued to this thread and looking for future updates. Might change our W8 to W10 by the end of next year. Wishing you miles of happiness with cheetah.

Thank you Singh09 for the kind words. The w10 is real value for money, even though it is 18L on road. It is loaded with features that would put a 25L SUV to shame . Hopefully, by the time you decide to change to a W 10, the automatic will be out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconion View Post
yup it was the white one
Thanks for the inputs Falconion. It is heartening to know that Mahindra is really proactive with customer care and warranty settlement. I will pick up the extended warranty as soon as I can.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th June 2015 at 08:49. Reason: Trimming quoted content. Inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks.
Old 10th June 2015, 10:01   #20
BHPian

hi Diesel9999
Excellent and very useful review. I am also considering XUV500 W10 FWD and Jetta TDI trendline for my purchase. you have owned both of these vehicles. I have following questions regarding both vehicles.
1. Could you suggest me which one would i go for ?
2. Which one is comfortable over the long journey ?
3. VW has very high maintenance and service cost. Is it true..? How was your experience ?
4. If XUV driven on highway at 80 to 100 KMPH, Will it give 15-16 KMPL of mileage ?

I am going to use my vehicle for next 10 years.

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Last edited by ampere : 10th June 2015 at 10:09. Reason: Formatted Post
Old 10th June 2015, 12:07   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilay View Post
hi Diesel9999
Excellent and very useful review. I am also considering XUV500 W10 FWD and Jetta TDI trendline for my purchase. you have owned both of these vehicles. I have following questions regarding both vehicles.
1. Could you suggest me which one would i go for ?
2. Which one is comfortable over the long journey ?
3. VW has very high maintenance and service cost. Is it true..? How was your experience ?
4. If XUV driven on highway at 80 to 100 KMPH, Will it give 15-16 KMPL of mileage ?

I am going to use my vehicle for next 10 years.

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Hi Nilay,

1. Both are competent vehicles that are very different from each other. It is a matter of personal choice and preference. I am an SUV guy and I was quite bored with a sedan after so many years of use. That is why I went for an XUV

2. Undoubtedly, the XUV will be more comfortable over long distances. If you are a speed demon however, Jetta is the way to go.

3. VW maintenance and service costs can be very high if you take it to the authorised service centres. It is a lot cheaper if you know competent private garages. Though the part costs are higher, their longevity is also usually correspondingly higher.

4. I am not sure about 15-16 KMPL of mileage. Around 13kmpl could be a more realistic target . I am going on a 1500 km trip this weekend. Will let you know what average my Pegasus returns
Diesel9999 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th June 2015, 14:49   #22
BHPian

Hi Diesel9999. Congrats on your purchase of the new age XUV500. Your report is amazingly detailed and considering that you have owned the Jetta too, your ownership thread is going to be very interesting for sure. The new XUV500 looks very good in white color and vastly improved from the previous generation model. I am going to keep a close eye of your thread for some great set of reports and pictures.
Old 11th June 2015, 22:32   #23
BHPian

My 2015 Mahindra XUV500 - Pegasus comes home

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthick_b View Post
Hi Diesel9999. Congrats on your purchase of the new age XUV500. Your report is amazingly detailed and considering that you have owned the Jetta too, your ownership thread is going to be very interesting for sure. The new XUV500 looks very good in white color and vastly improved from the previous generation model. I am going to keep a close eye of your thread for some great set of reports and pictures.

Thanks Karthick_b

I've been busy over the last few days with the arrangements for a major film's audio launch. So Pegasus has been doing some pretty heavy duty work. I am glad I picked up the XUV now.

And boy, those light guides look killer at night. Here are some pics that I took with my phone

Attachment 1380992

My 2015 Mahindra XUV500 - Pegasus comes home-imageuploadedbyteambhp1434041858.758488.jpg

I am also putting the navigation system through its paces and it has been pretty accurate so far. I have been testing it out in Hyderabad to see if it is suggesting the best routes or not. So far, it has managed to do that. The real test will come once I try it out in other cities .

My 2015 Mahindra XUV500 - Pegasus comes home-imageuploadedbyteambhp1434041965.784055.jpg

I was also pleasantly surprised to see that Mahindra offered support for local Indian languages for voice navigation. Take a look at some of the choices

My 2015 Mahindra XUV500 - Pegasus comes home-imageuploadedbyteambhp1434042046.209212.jpg

Bethany's voice sounds best . But the voice that reads out the instructions in Telugu is not bad either.

As for Fuel Economy, Pegasus has settled around the 11kmpl mark according to the on board computer.

Last edited by Diesel9999 : 11th June 2015 at 22:33.
Diesel9999 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 19:29   #24
BHPian

Was pleasantly surprised when I got a call from Mahindra's customer relationship team about the Infotainment System glitch that I wrote about in my report a few days ago.

Apparently, very senior people at Mahindra took note of the matter and I was asked details about my vehicle as well as the version number of the software. They promised to look into it if any further issues crop up in the future.

Right now, the infotainment system is behaving perfectly well. Feels nice when a company is willing to back up its product and take care of its customers so proactively. Thank you M&M .
Diesel9999 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 21:55   #25
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Diesel,

Please see this image:
My 2015 Mahindra XUV500 - Pegasus comes home-dsc_0169.jpg

I am pretty sure you must have observed this before.
I have marked 2 symbols in orange circles. The first one seems like a Wi-Fi symbol and the second one looks like a 3G Dongle symbol.

Have you explored this? Is the infotainment system internet enabled? Can it use the signal from a local WiFi and get on internet? Have you tried plugging in a 3G dongle in the USB slot? Do the "Apps" menu show some internet enabled apps when (and if) the system gets on to the net? Any other functionalities become available if the system is connected to the internet?
Old 12th June 2015, 21:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hi SDP,

Is it not related to the mobile phone connected to the car system.
I am not sure though.
Old 12th June 2015, 22:00   #27
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Hi SDP,

Is it not related to the mobile phone connected to the car system.
I am not sure though.
I don't believe so.
See the network bars and battery symbols between the 2 orange circles? Those are corresponding to the network and battery charge levels of the connected mobile.
Old 13th June 2015, 04:56   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
I don't believe so.
See the network bars and battery symbols between the 2 orange circles? Those are corresponding to the network and battery charge levels of the connected mobile.

Hi SDP,

I did look at these two areas before and I believe the wifi hotspot functionality is coming soon, based on a discussion I had with the showroom guys. I will try tinkering around with this over the next few days and see if I can do something.

I've been extremely busy ever since I picked up the XUV and I did not even get a chance to go through the user manual until now
Diesel9999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2015, 21:37   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel9999 View Post
Thanks Karthick_b
============
Right now, the infotainment system is behaving perfectly well. Feels nice when a company is willing to back up its product and take care of its customers so proactively. Thank you M&M .
Those are some amazing pics there of your Pegasus. It sure looks the part with the LED guide lamps turned on. Regarding your call from M&M for your infotainment glitch, it is not surprising at all. M&M have always been proactive and disciplinary with the flaws of the XUV500 since the day it was launched. Also since they gave you a call from viewing the post in Team BHP, I am starting to wonder that M&M must have made all the corrective changes into the New Age XUV by going through all ownership and niggles thread of the XUV500. This is fantastic customer support from the company. Hats off Mahindra.
Old 14th June 2015, 10:33   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Diesel,

I am pretty sure you must have observed this before.
I have marked 2 symbols in orange circles. The first one seems like a Wi-Fi symbol and the second one looks like a 3G Dongle symbol.

Disclaimer: - this information might not be directly related to XUV.

Typically, head units with navigation facility makes use of GPS and communication networks to ascertain vehicle related data such as current location, speed, direction of travel etc. to arrive at routes and ETA.

Audi has a superior system called Audi Travolution which is also capable of communicating with the road infrastructure such as traffic signal. The system will give drivers a heads up about the status of upcoming traffic lights. For instance, if the next light will be red or green if the driver continue at current speed.

To answer your question, yes, the system relies on a combination of WiFi and 3G to communicate with other systems.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by katchkamalesh : 14th June 2015 at 10:38. Reason: add content
katchkamalesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed