Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2015, 23:59   #46

re: Bought a LHD Maruti Swift AT in Costa Rica! Update: SOLD after 5 years and 75k km!

Hi again! Just to update the thread. Blue Maruti is just under 3000km. Still a joy to drive as ever. Went for the 2000 km service , basically a quick check up, no oil change yet (until 5K).

No complaints about the car at all. Upon reflecting I guess the only wish I would have is for it to be a little lower. Are lowering kits available in India or are the illegal? I guess comfort would suffer. I just get bothered somewhat by those huge wheel wells which are not present in the japanese Swift (due to 16 in wheels and lower stance).

I have been also looking at navigation units, for which I see 4-5 options in Amazon (gps, bluetooth, reversing camera, etc) for arpund 350-500 USD. They all state that they are for Swift 2011-2014. So I wonder if 2014 JP Swift dimensions are compatible with 2015 Maruti Swift dimensions.

We completed our first trip outside the metro area with Blue Maruti, a 2 hour drive to Poas volcano and sorroundings , up the hills we went and the car response was fantastic! No shame here, those high revs work wonders and we were leaving behind all kinds of cars.

I am starting work on my first travelogue regarding this trip. I leave you some preview pictures, also showing how I fitted my mother in law's wheelchair and of one of our other volcanoes: the Arenal.

Wheel chair fits

Bought a LHD Maruti Swift AT in Costa Rica! Update: SOLD after 5 years and 75k km!-20150808_135622.jpg

On the way to Poas Volcano
Bought a LHD Maruti Swift AT in Costa Rica! Update: SOLD after 5 years and 75k km!-chalettirol.jpg

Up the foot of Poas Volcano
Bought a LHD Maruti Swift AT in Costa Rica! Update: SOLD after 5 years and 75k km!-20150724_085832.jpg

Arenal Volcano
Bought a LHD Maruti Swift AT in Costa Rica! Update: SOLD after 5 years and 75k km!-fb_img_1439251939881.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Bought a LHD Maruti Swift AT in Costa Rica! Update: SOLD after 5 years and 75k km!-54654876.jpg  

GarotoCR is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 14:43   #47
Senior - BHPian

re: Bought a LHD Maruti Swift AT in Costa Rica! Update: SOLD after 5 years and 75k km!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarotoCR View Post
Hi again! Just to update the thread. Blue Maruti is just under 3000km...
The thread has remained dormant for long. How has your driving and service experience been with the Swift so far? Yours is a unique ownership report, please keep it alive .
Old 7th May 2017, 01:55   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
The thread has remained dormant for long. How has your driving and service experience been with the Swift so far? Yours is a unique ownership report, please keep it alive .
Hi! Yes, thread has been dormant for a while.

I am happy to report that our Garuti is doing great, going strong now with 25,000+ km and getting ready for his 2nd b day. I will prepare a post soon as I see I opened this thread in June 2015 so its almost 2 years!

Car is doing awesome, no rattles at all, feels as good as new, service has been predictable and no parts have failed. I still enjoy driving him as if it was the first day.

No complaints here so far. Car has only a couple of dings and a scratch caused by a parking attendant , he was moving a barrier and didn't notice the car was close. The bank owner of the parking space reimbursed us 400 USD for the repair.
GarotoCR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 05:47   #49

Hi all!

Wow I cant believe it has been almost 2 years since my last update! Happy to report that Garuti is doing great! Almost to reach 50,000 km. No problems whatsoever just regular maintenance and one change of brake pads and tires so far. No rattles, still as quiet and tight as day 1. No new dings looks like we collected all dings on the first 2 years. Paint is holding pretty well. Plastics and fabric are in great shape no discolorations.

We were looking to upgrade it to the 2019 Swift but I think we will wait one more year. We are still very happy and still puts a smile on my face when I drive it.

BTW we had bought Garuti around the same time we bought our Kia Sorento. Another awesome experience , highly recommend it!
Attached Thumbnails
Bought a LHD Maruti Swift AT in Costa Rica! Update: SOLD after 5 years and 75k km!-20190303_180700.jpg  

Bought a LHD Maruti Swift AT in Costa Rica! Update: SOLD after 5 years and 75k km!-20190303_181031.jpg  

GarotoCR is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 15:30   #50
BHPian

Congrats on the Swift. The colour looks really good.

I think the Made in India Swifts for Latin America got 3 stars but the ones made for India got a zero.

I have been in Costa Rica last year,for a week. Amazing country, really friendly people, beautiful landscapes. Infact Costa Rica has some interesting terrain. You see beaches and suddenly the roads lead to really high altitudes. Was very interesting for me.

Some pictures from my trip last year.
Attached Thumbnails
Bought a LHD Maruti Swift AT in Costa Rica! Update: SOLD after 5 years and 75k km!-img_20180410_112813_01.jpg  

Bought a LHD Maruti Swift AT in Costa Rica! Update: SOLD after 5 years and 75k km!-img_20180410_112954.jpg  

vigneshram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 07:00   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
Congrats on the Swift. The colour looks really good.

I think the Made in India Swifts for Latin America got 3 stars but the ones made for India got a zero.

I have been in Costa Rica last year,for a week. Amazing country, really friendly people, beautiful landscapes. Infact Costa Rica has some interesting terrain. You see beaches and suddenly the roads lead to really high altitudes. Was very interesting for me.

Some pictures from my trip last year.
Thanks for your words about my country, indeed I believe the Maruti made Swift got 3 starts for the 2015 model. For 2019, the Swifts sold in Costa Rica are Japan made which I believe got 4 stars for the GL and 5 stars for the GLX model. My wife and I are debating wether to upgrade to a new Swift or to a Baleno, both are sold for around the same price here.
Old 12th March 2019, 09:48   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi all!

Wow I cant believe it has been almost 2 years since my last update! Happy to report that Garuti is doing great! Almost to reach 50,000 km. No problems whatsoever just regular maintenance and one change of brake pads and tires so far. No rattles, still as quiet and tight as day 1. No new dings looks like we collected all dings on the first 2 years. Paint is holding pretty well. Plastics and fabric are in great shape no discolorations.

We were looking to upgrade it to the 2019 Swift but I think we will wait one more year. We are still very happy and still puts a smile on my face when I drive it.

BTW we had bought Garuti around the same time we bought our Kia Sorento. Another awesome experience , highly recommend it!
Thanks for the latest update. Your ownership review made for some interesting reading, for a car which otherwise is a very common sight on Indian roads. They are very popular here in Australia as well.
Old 2nd June 2020, 18:54   #53

Hi BHP brothers and sisters!

This is a bittersweet post but I want to give closure to 5 excellent years with our Garuti. We sold it last week after 5 years and 75000 km.

It was an awesome experience and I would recommend it to anyone.

Garuti was sold in amazing condition, just a few dings on the outside but all in all it almost felt (and smelled) new still.

So this is our new set of wheels, which will give company to our 2015 Kia Sorento which we still have and probably will for 1 or 2 more years.

We are excited for our new car, it is amazing and we remain in the Suzuki family...

Thanks to everyone who commented in this thread. Greetings from COSTA RICA!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Bought a LHD Maruti Swift AT in Costa Rica! Update: SOLD after 5 years and 75k km!-vit1peq.jpg  

Bought a LHD Maruti Swift AT in Costa Rica! Update: SOLD after 5 years and 75k km!-vit2oeq.jpg  

GarotoCR is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 20:54   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bought a LHD Maruti Swift AT in Costa Rica! Update: SOLD after 5 years and 75k km!

Quote:
So this is our new set of wheels, which will give company to our 2015 Kia Sorento which we still have and probably will for 1 or 2 more years.
Many congratulations on your new ride. Looking forward to your detailed ownership review of the Vitara.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2020, 08:58   #55
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bought a LHD Maruti Swift AT in Costa Rica! Update: SOLD after 5 years and 75k km!

Quote:
We are excited for our new car, it is amazing and we remain in the Suzuki family...

Thanks to everyone who commented in this thread. Greetings from COSTA RICA!!!!
Hey GarotoCR!
Congratulations on the new ride! I went through your just a couple of days ago and was wondering about what happened to the Swift and you posted on the very next day!
Hoping to see another initial ownership review on the new Suzuki.

Congratulations once again,
Akashdeep

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks