Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2015, 23:59   #46
Newbie
 
GarotoCR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: San Jose
Posts: 19
Thanked: 169 Times
Default Re: Bought a LHD Maruti Swift AT in Costa Rica!

Hi again! Just to update the thread. Blue Maruti is just under 3000km. Still a joy to drive as ever. Went for the 2000 km service , basically a quick check up, no oil change yet (until 5K).

No complaints about the car at all. Upon reflecting I guess the only wish I would have is for it to be a little lower. Are lowering kits available in India or are the illegal? I guess comfort would suffer. I just get bothered somewhat by those huge wheel wells which are not present in the japanese Swift (due to 16 in wheels and lower stance).

I have been also looking at navigation units, for which I see 4-5 options in Amazon (gps, bluetooth, reversing camera, etc) for arpund 350-500 USD. They all state that they are for Swift 2011-2014. So I wonder if 2014 JP Swift dimensions are compatible with 2015 Maruti Swift dimensions.

We completed our first trip outside the metro area with Blue Maruti, a 2 hour drive to Poas volcano and sorroundings , up the hills we went and the car response was fantastic! No shame here, those high revs work wonders and we were leaving behind all kinds of cars.

I am starting work on my first travelogue regarding this trip. I leave you some preview pictures, also showing how I fitted my mother in law's wheelchair and of one of our other volcanoes: the Arenal.


Wheel chair fits

Bought a LHD Maruti Swift AT in Costa Rica!-20150808_135622.jpg


On the way to Poas Volcano
Name:  chalettirol.jpg
Views: 1335
Size:  59.4 KB


Up the foot of Poas Volcano
Bought a LHD Maruti Swift AT in Costa Rica!-20150724_085832.jpg


Arenal Volcano
Name:  FB_IMG_1439251939881.jpg
Views: 1319
Size:  35.0 KB
Attached Images
 
GarotoCR is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2017, 14:43   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
dailydriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: KA - IND
Posts: 1,001
Thanked: 2,852 Times
Default Re: Bought a LHD Maruti Swift AT in Costa Rica!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarotoCR View Post
Hi again! Just to update the thread. Blue Maruti is just under 3000km...
The thread has remained dormant for long. How has your driving and service experience been with the Swift so far? Yours is a unique ownership report, please keep it alive .
dailydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2017, 01:55   #48
Newbie
 
GarotoCR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: San Jose
Posts: 19
Thanked: 169 Times
Default Re: Bought a LHD Maruti Swift AT in Costa Rica!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
The thread has remained dormant for long. How has your driving and service experience been with the Swift so far? Yours is a unique ownership report, please keep it alive .
Hi! Yes, thread has been dormant for a while.

I am happy to report that our Garuti is doing great, going strong now with 25,000+ km and getting ready for his 2nd b day. I will prepare a post soon as I see I opened this thread in June 2015 so its almost 2 years!

Car is doing awesome, no rattles at all, feels as good as new, service has been predictable and no parts have failed. I still enjoy driving him as if it was the first day.

No complaints here so far. Car has only a couple of dings and a scratch caused by a parking attendant , he was moving a barrier and didn't notice the car was close. The bank owner of the parking space reimbursed us 400 USD for the repair.
GarotoCR is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2019, 05:47   #49
Newbie
 
GarotoCR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: San Jose
Posts: 19
Thanked: 169 Times
Default Re: Bought a LHD Maruti Swift AT in Costa Rica!

Hi all!

Wow I cant believe it has been almost 2 years since my last update! Happy to report that Garuti is doing great! Almost to reach 50,000 km. No problems whatsoever just regular maintenance and one change of brake pads and tires so far. No rattles, still as quiet and tight as day 1. No new dings looks like we collected all dings on the first 2 years. Paint is holding pretty well. Plastics and fabric are in great shape no discolorations.

We were looking to upgrade it to the 2019 Swift but I think we will wait one more year. We are still very happy and still puts a smile on my face when I drive it.

BTW we had bought Garuti around the same time we bought our Kia Sorento. Another awesome experience , highly recommend it!
Attached Thumbnails
Bought a LHD Maruti Swift AT in Costa Rica!-20190303_180700.jpg  

Bought a LHD Maruti Swift AT in Costa Rica!-20190303_181031.jpg  

GarotoCR is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2019, 15:30   #50
BHPian
 
vigneshram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Stuttgart,DE
Posts: 352
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Bought a LHD Maruti Swift AT in Costa Rica!

Congrats on the Swift. The colour looks really good.

I think the Made in India Swifts for Latin America got 3 stars but the ones made for India got a zero.

I have been in Costa Rica last year,for a week. Amazing country, really friendly people, beautiful landscapes. Infact Costa Rica has some interesting terrain. You see beaches and suddenly the roads lead to really high altitudes. Was very interesting for me.

Some pictures from my trip last year.
Attached Thumbnails
Bought a LHD Maruti Swift AT in Costa Rica!-img_20180410_112813_01.jpg  

Bought a LHD Maruti Swift AT in Costa Rica!-img_20180410_112954.jpg  

vigneshram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 07:00   #51
Newbie
 
GarotoCR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: San Jose
Posts: 19
Thanked: 169 Times
Default Re: Bought a LHD Maruti Swift AT in Costa Rica!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
Congrats on the Swift. The colour looks really good.

I think the Made in India Swifts for Latin America got 3 stars but the ones made for India got a zero.

I have been in Costa Rica last year,for a week. Amazing country, really friendly people, beautiful landscapes. Infact Costa Rica has some interesting terrain. You see beaches and suddenly the roads lead to really high altitudes. Was very interesting for me.

Some pictures from my trip last year.
Thanks for your words about my country, indeed I believe the Maruti made Swift got 3 starts for the 2015 model. For 2019, the Swifts sold in Costa Rica are Japan made which I believe got 4 stars for the GL and 5 stars for the GLX model. My wife and I are debating wether to upgrade to a new Swift or to a Baleno, both are sold for around the same price here.
GarotoCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 09:48   #52
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,742
Thanked: 5,615 Times
Default Re: Bought a LHD Maruti Swift AT in Costa Rica!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarotoCR View Post
Hi all!

Wow I cant believe it has been almost 2 years since my last update! Happy to report that Garuti is doing great! Almost to reach 50,000 km. No problems whatsoever just regular maintenance and one change of brake pads and tires so far. No rattles, still as quiet and tight as day 1. No new dings looks like we collected all dings on the first 2 years. Paint is holding pretty well. Plastics and fabric are in great shape no discolorations.

We were looking to upgrade it to the 2019 Swift but I think we will wait one more year. We are still very happy and still puts a smile on my face when I drive it.

BTW we had bought Garuti around the same time we bought our Kia Sorento. Another awesome experience , highly recommend it!
Thanks for the latest update. Your ownership review made for some interesting reading, for a car which otherwise is a very common sight on Indian roads. They are very popular here in Australia as well.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rumour: Maruti Suzuki bets big on Swift LHD exports JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 5 19th June 2015 03:15
The Unfortunate Costa Concordia Superleggera Shifting gears 18 19th January 2012 01:48
Yippie!! Finally bought the dream - 1966 CJ3B LHD wanderer4x4 4x4 Vehicles 65 10th July 2011 22:19
Automobile Aficionados & Limca Record Holders Clyde & Neil D'Costa neiltopaz Introduce yourself 10 24th May 2008 12:16
LHD Maruti khanak Shifting gears 0 21st October 2006 13:15


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:10.

Copyright 2000 - 2019, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks