Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2015, 20:29   #1516
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
The Creta doesn't have low fuel warning,, how on earth can someone miss this feature in a 17 lac vehicle. I still am not sure, may be some Creta owner can check the manual and confirm on the same.
Creta does have a low fuel warning, atleast in the SX(O) variant. It showed up as a pop up display in the instrument cluster along with the low fuel indicator.
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 20:43   #1517
RSR
Senior - BHPian

I can't believe this thread is now beginning to play host to some laughably inaccurate information!

RavenAvi's post #393 on page 27 of this very thread clearly shows the low fuel warning lamp glowing on the instrument cluster of different variants. All variants do indeed get a low fuel warning lamp!

Thanks @ naveen.raju for sharing that the SX(O) gets a pop-up warning about low fuel level, in addition to the low fuel warning lamp.

Last edited by RSR : 6th August 2015 at 20:51.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 21:04   #1518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Hyundai Dealership attitude seems to be a universal phenomenon.

However, it is unfortunate to note that a vehicle peddled as premium does not even have a low fuel warning.
As I remember Creta does come with low fuel warning indicator. This is a case of negligence/arrogance by dealer rather than the issue with the car.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 22:06   #1519
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Creta doesn't have low fuel warning,, how on earth can someone miss this feature in a 17 lac vehicle. I still am not sure, may be some Creta owner can check the manual and confirm on the same.
In addition to what is mentioned above, if I am not mistaken, dealers typically put in 5 liters of fuel. In cars with a bigger tank, that would not be enough to turn off the low fuel warning lamp.

When I got my Vento, the dealer put in 5 liters and gave me a coupon for 15 liters. The low fuel warning lamp was on when I drove out. Post that based on experience, the low fuel warning comes on typically when there is ~7 liters remaining (The Vento has a 55 liter tank).

The Creta also comes with a 55 liter tank. So I assume you need to put in at least 8 liters for the low fuel lamp to go off.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 23:39   #1520
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
However, it is unfortunate to note that a vehicle peddled as premium does not even have a low fuel warning.
Quote:
Nowhere in the Facebook post has the original poster mentioned a missing low fuel warning, so how did this point get raised is beyond comprehension.

If anyone noticed this update from me in my Lazarus's thread, you would have noticed that I am already on my second tankful of my steed.

Now, I wouldn't run her dry then push her all the way to the nearest fuel refilling station, would I, team?

Like Naveen clarified and RSR pointed out, all the variants of the Creta get a low-fuel warning, just like all other cars. Let me run through my second tankful and I shall post a snap of the Speedo with the lit-up icon.

Till then, here are the snaps from the official Creta manual:

Preview: Hyundai Creta-img_7386.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-img_7388.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-img_7389.jpg

Notice that the SX(O)'s Advanced Supervision Cluster (middle picture) shows that the very-useful Distance To Empty feature is indeed present in that variant, and is triggered by the Low Fuel Warning indicator. The Tripmeter converts itself to the "remaining kms till empty" figure then.

Naveen needs to keep an eye out for this in his Creta SX(O).

I didn't notice this the first time in my SX+ either - let me check for the same DTE function this time around. Will report back.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 6th August 2015 at 23:44.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 00:40   #1521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvik6 View Post
Really appreciate your inputs, great advice!

Can you please clarify what exactly is the purchase, inspection & registration process here since I have never experienced it. Just the jist of it all and few things to look out for.

Currently my loan got approved today and my loan manager has communicated to the dealer regarding payment being made to their account to start the purchase process. Balance amount dealer was insisting for me to come by tonight and give in cheque so I can take delivery tomorrow. I insisted I will come by 9am before showroom opens to start PDI shared here before I sign any cheques. Seemed a bit desperate and pushy for the first time in about the 10 calls we have done so far insisting that they have brought the car already from stockyard to showroom and done done cleaning and coating already. The bank assured the dealer is genuine though and also requested dealer to hold the car till tomorrow. Maybe its too late to opt out of the anti rust and teflon coating charges since the quote he gave me over phone of exactly 16L included this service. Any chances I can still debate with dealer regarding the illegality of asking 7k for logistics charges as SC notice from couple years back? Can you also tell how long after full payment is made does it take to get the road tax done and get permanent plates done. Dealer told be will try to get it done tomorrow only but said might take a day also. Dealer is in East Delhi and I am not at all familiar with that area sadly.
Before handing the Cheque over

Check the car for any Physically Damaged/Defective Electronics (Meters, Infotainment, headlamps), for any panels that have a paint difference and the glasses and the tires for manufacturing dates.(Search the forum for threads regarding these).
The process usually goes like this:
Inspection of the said vehicle -> Perusal of the Paperwork to be signed, for any errors and omissions (Owner details, Manufacturing details, Amounts of Insurance, Road Tax and Cost of the vehicle) -> Handing over the Cheque + Signing Paperwork -> Delivery

Have a look at this beautifully put together TeamBHP checklist, it will clear all your doubts : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...-checklist.pdf

The availability of a new model and a pushy salesman make me a tiny bit skeptical,so make sure that you clear all your doubts before you sign the cheque.

It's not late until you have taken the delivery of the vehicle to haggle but if you had consented to the car care package, then accept it.
Mention the logistic/handling charges only if you can put up a fight and backup your claim with the judgement. I know some who would and then I know some who wouldn't. It's your call.

Registration, Road Tax : Road tax receipt would be generated on the same day as the car is registered, ask the dealer about it. May register on the same day itself or after a day or two, there is some random registration number allotment at all RTO's these days, so ask the dealer about that aswell. You might get Permanent Plates on the same day or with the RC in about 30 days.
Dont worry about the area if its a company dealer. Remember to make a thorough inspection of the vehicle as per the PDI checklist
Hope I have answered all your queries.

Last edited by Jag4 : 7th August 2015 at 00:47.
Jag4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 11:16   #1522
BHPian

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/08/h...-period-186319

As per IndianAutosBlog, Creta has 6-10 month waiting period across cities. Is that true? In another post in this thread, I had commented that Hyundai is a mature manufacturing organization with a smooth supply chain, and will never make the mistakes Ford did with EcoSport? If this news is true, I eat my words !!

Surprised, that's all. I had expected better from Hyundai
Contrapunto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 11:35   #1523
Senior - BHPian

The thread is almost dead. Mods where is the official review? Can we at least have a date. A lot of buy decisions are pending.
Old 7th August 2015, 11:40   #1524
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
As per IndianAutosBlog, Creta has 6-10 month waiting period across cities. Is that true? In another post in this thread, I had commented that Hyundai is a mature manufacturing organization with a smooth supply chain, and will never make the mistakes Ford did with EcoSport? If this news is true, I eat my words !!

Surprised, that's all. I had expected better from Hyundai
Don't think this is true. I was at Trident Hyundai Bangalore couple of days back and as per the SA, most variants were available within max 2 months. One color he mentioned will take a lot of time (forgot which one).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
The thread is almost dead. Mods where is the official review? Can we at least have a date. A lot of buy decisions are pending.
GTO had mentioned in one of his posts a day after launch that the official review can be expected by Mid August.
Old 7th August 2015, 11:56   #1525
BHPian

Moving a little OT, to get some life back in this thread. The over the top pricing and delay ( no date at all) in delivery for my Creta AT, has given me an opportunity to re-evaluate what I considered to be a slam dunk decision. Now, having booked Creta SX+ AT which is around 16.3 OTR Hyderabad, the elasticity to go the step above is making me consider XUV 500 W8 which is around 16.8 OTR and even Jetta trendline 1.4 TSI, which is around 16.9 OTR. Now my driving isn't too much, roughly around 1000 Kms / month. Of course some may say that all 3 are apple, oranges and pears, in their value prop, but I am sure prospective buyers will understand the dilemma, its not always black & white, but shades of Grey when it comes to purchase of a car. Nevertheless, all 3 do fall within similar price bracket. Jetta Trendline offers most safety, and running some discounts. XUV has the bells, whistles and size. Automatic has my preference, but its not something I can't do without. I presently drive a 6 year old Fiesta 1.6 SXI.
Its the itch which wants to keep thinking about cars, that gives rise to such crazy thoughts, and Creta AT was just too simple a pick - its a jack of all trades, master of none.
jha.shailesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 12:43   #1526
BHPian

A friend who checked out the SX+ model yesterday mentioned that the rear middle seat is extremely uncomfortable. He described it as a very flat board with almost no cushioning and without proper back support. He said he would not subject his kid to that kind of seat (as a fifth occupant) for any ride larger than few minutes.

I have not sat on the rear middle seat so have no idea. I would like to know from the owners or anyone else who may have checked out the comfort level in the middle seat of the variants with fabric seat (assuming that shoulder room is not an issue due to three below average size occupants at the back).
Old 7th August 2015, 13:34   #1527
BHPian

The dealer in Hyderebad told me that Hyundai is going to launch a AVN unit with reverse camera next month as an accessory. He said that it could be priced roughly around 50k. Also, it is possible to fix an ECM with a camera for around 13k. I felt, either of these two would make the SX version much more VFM considering that the difference b/w SX and SX+ is almost 1.3-1.4 lakh OTR. Did anyone else hear about similar accessories?
Old 7th August 2015, 13:54   #1528
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohu9 View Post
I have not sat on the rear middle seat so have no idea. I would like to know from the owners or anyone else who may have checked out the comfort level in the middle seat of the variants with fabric seat (assuming that shoulder room is not an issue due to three below average size occupants at the back).
The rear seat isnt all that bad but not suited for three adults. I took a small ride in the back with my friends (3 in the back row). I sat in the middle and the side seat. The middle seat is a big now for adults. the rear arm rest bulge is very irritating but the side seats are pretty good. It gives that cocooned feel and the leathers are very comfy. It was a 2 km short drive on an empty stretch and it did feel good and supportive when compared to previous cars from hyundai. I have a fluidic verna in the garage so I can definitely make out the difference. But in short I can say, that the rear seat is best suited for 2 adults and maybe for a kid who can find that middle seat comfortable .
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 14:20   #1529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
...The middle seat is a big now for adults. the rear arm rest bulge is very irritating but the side seats are pretty good. It gives that cocooned feel and the leathers are very comfy.
Thanks for the reply. Yours are leather seats on SX(O) variant so I guess the fabric seats on AT would be worse or at best same as leather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
But in short I can say, that the rear seat is best suited for 2 adults and maybe for a kid who can find that middle seat comfortable .
Well put. I guess it would depend on where that kid is being driven to.
Old 7th August 2015, 18:27   #1530
Distinguished - BHPian

I stumbled upon this on FB, unfortunate to see that a dealer has spoiled the initial ownership experience in this case. Im not masking the details as it is being shared on social media and the owner has chosen to share his information.

Preview: Hyundai Creta-pic-1.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-pic-2.jpg
Closed Thread

Most Viewed