Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2015, 19:35   #1621
BHPian

I guess most road taxes would be at the municipal level and so are unlikely to be affected by GST. However the motor begins act is under consideration for change and things may change because of that.
Old 13th August 2015, 19:43   #1622
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Guys, is there a picture of the dashboard of the Creta Petrol Base model? Thinking of replacing Swift with the Creta Base and then accessorizing it (AVN)

Preview: Hyundai Creta-11781745_10207250738889912_1349408599755266054_n.jpg

Photo courtesy user chappididheeaj of TAI forums.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 13th August 2015 at 19:47.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 21:10   #1623
BHPian

@RavenAVi - Can you post a picture of the reverse camera of your Creta, the location, etc..

Wanted to check if this camera will be plug and play with the S version.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-R...395272958.html

Is it similar to the ix25 as shown here

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/04/i...-shanghai-2015
Old 14th August 2015, 07:34   #1624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Weird call from Trident Hyundai (TH) today

Rajeev, it's their used car division that makes these calls. I bought an I10 grand Automatic in May and kept getting these calls till June. They take the new car buyers data base and keep asking if there is an old car for sale. Frustrati.

Last edited by ampere : 14th August 2015 at 09:53. Reason: Reduced bulk of quoted post
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 09:46   #1625
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
@RavenAVi - Can you post a picture of the reverse camera of your Creta, the location, etc.

Is it similar to the ix25 as shown here
Here you go, mate.

Preview: Hyundai Creta-img_0337.jpg

Layout looks similar.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 10:53   #1626
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai dealers in Ahmedabad are having Creta customers buy 30k worth of accessories along with the car purchase. This is mandatory, apparently. Buy the accessories or you won't get the car!

Never heard of such practices before, but a friend was interested in the Creta and this bit of news was a shocker for him as well. He has now postponed his purchase until April next year, till the hoopla dies out.
9thsphinx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 11:14   #1627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Hyundai dealers in Ahmedabad are having Creta customers buy 30k worth of accessories along with the car purchase. This is mandatory, apparently. Buy the accessories or you won't get the car!

Never heard of such practices before, but a friend was interested in the Creta and this bit of news was a shocker for him as well. He has now postponed his purchase until April next year, till the hoopla dies out.
This is stupidly normal. Whenever a car model gets overwhelming response dealers use this shady practice to increase their margins

Did your friend want the car immediately? If yes, then that might be the reason to force him to get accessories along with the car. If you order a fresh car i doubt they would do the same. Complain to Hyundai about this. BTW, which dealer was this?
Old 14th August 2015, 12:54   #1628
BHPian

Quote:
Hyundai dealers in Ahmedabad are having Creta customers buy 30k worth of accessories along with the car purchase. This is mandatory, apparently. Buy the accessories or you won't get the car!.
Your friend is lucky, I had to order 70k worth of accessories to get the car next week else had the option of waiting for 3 months. Good news is that Art leather covers according to my specs were included and the interiors are all being changed to black (which i like better).
Old 14th August 2015, 14:04   #1629

Thanks Arjun :-)

Hello Abhi99, congrats on your new beauty :-). When did you book it? Just trying to find out if the dealers are open to delivering it faster if someone buys accessories.

Would anyone else like to come in on waiting period and the level of transparency with which dealers share this information?
hunkydory is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 14:35   #1630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This is lousy practices by the dealer that should be reported on all forums and also to Hyundai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi99 View Post
Your friend is lucky, I had to order 70k worth of accessories to get the car next week else had the option of waiting for 3 months. Good news is that Art leather covers according to my specs were included and the interiors are all being changed to black (which i like better).
Now we know why dealers resort to such practices, since we people do fall for it
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 15:27   #1631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi99 View Post
As I had stated earlier customers are to be blamed for this practice as people are very eager to buy a new vehicle, I understand if there is an emergency but from what I have seen in my circle of friends most of them just want to get is ASAP and gather the attention. Till customers are willing to pay, such practices will continue unabated in India. My friend was thankful when I transferred my booking to him, in Chennai I don't think the waiting periods are bad.

Also in today's world I would also blame Hyundai, a simple website booking form would have made things easy and transparent.

Last edited by Chillout : 14th August 2015 at 15:29.
Old 14th August 2015, 15:33   #1632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Would the road taxes come under the purview of GST ? My understanding was that GST is to bring in a new system in place of various states sales taxes and central sales tax (CST). If it will help making the road tax uniform in all states, that's great !
No the Road Taxes are not coming under purview of GST. It is CST, VAT, Octroi/LBT, and Profession tax, as well as Service tax charged on Labour charges that will come under its purview.

Only when the CMVR regulations change will we see the State level road taxes getting integrated, and one time third party insurance coming in too.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 17:29   #1633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunkydory View Post
Thanks Arjun :-)

Hello Abhi99, congrats on your new beauty :-). When did you book it? Just trying to find out if the dealers are open to delivering it faster if someone buys accessories.
Thanks Bud , I booked it last Friday - took 2-3 days for finances and RTO process I am told would take another 3-4 days. I expect the delivery by next Wednesday. The car was readily available with the accessories clause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Now we know why dealers resort to such practices, since we people do fall for it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
As I had stated earlier customers are to be blamed for this practice as people are very eager to buy a new vehicle, I understand if there is an emergency but from what I have seen in my circle of friends most of them just want to get is ASAP and gather the attention. Till customers are willing to pay, such practices will continue unabated in India.
Please do not generalize the background of this hurry being - I have been on a lookout for a car since the March but sighting Scross and Creta launches, I held the decision back. I was the first one to book SCross in Jul (Mine being the second booking in Mumbai) and the car was due for delivery within next week. All was well planned until Maruti announced some crazy pricing for 1.6 - do note that my RM has been giving me the guidanceof 8-12.

Pissed with Maruti, I had the option to either bite the bullet and spend 16 on Scross or look at Creta; I had to choose fast since my Swift was due for major maintenance and i did not want to loose any money fixing it. So choice for me was relatively easy one.

I do not mind paying 70K for accessories because -
1. Mithila Hyundai was asking for premium of 1 Lakh for immediate delivery
2. The accessories offered are functional (Includes Leather Seat Covers, Steering Wheel Cover, Gear Leaver, Hand Brake & Door Handle). Also I am getting to change the colour of dashboard to black, which I like much better. Also included is a side step - which my folks would actively use.
3. I anyways had to get these done outside, doing it post delivery would have meant the car being away for fitting for another 2 days.

Last edited by Abhi99 : 14th August 2015 at 17:32.
Abhi99 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 17:43   #1634
Senior - BHPian

Lil Bro Vs. Big Bro

Preview: Hyundai Creta-fullsizerender-9.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-img_1910.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-img_1911.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-img_1909.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-img_0550.jpg
Warwithwheels is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th August 2015, 18:31   #1635
BHPian

Everyone is justified in getting the vehicle asap because the waiting period can be really difficult. However it's not ethical or justified on part of the dealership to force these purchases. One can only hope all this dies down soon once the initial mad demand subsides and hopefully many dealers of many other brands do not resort to these practices.
vinitbhavi is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed