Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2015, 23:29   #151
BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Thanks for sharing the variant details. Though they managed to space out the specs fairly evenly, I am left wondering how some choices are done. No petrol in the Sx(o)? People buying a SUV may prefer diesel, but since this has the verna engine with similar efficiency, I dont see why people wont go for the top end petrol.

So no additional safety and some missing features for top petrol and diesel AT? And 60:40 split only for the top AT model? Wonder how they came up with such ideas!!
Old 3rd July 2015, 23:48   #152
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by over.drive View Post
Thank you so much @RavenAvi for making the spec sheet available. Convey our regards to your birdie. I learn (from the booking thread) that you have booked a Creta too.

Overall, I think Hyundai has done a really good job of packaging the different variants. However, non-availability of certain features on certain variants is a disappointment for many. I, for one, have booked an AT variant which is only available in the SX+ variant. Would certainly miss the safety features on the SXO variant and those 17" alloys with bigger tyres. Will have to check if dealers would be willing to help upgrade to the bigger wheels.

With the specifications out, I guess it is just the pricing that we are waiting for. I am hopeful Hyundai would not disappoint. Hope the lack of features on certain variants translates to competitive pricing. Will wait and see.
Coming to terms that I am going to get the AT version with 16" inch alloy wheels and invariably upgrade to 17" alloys, I have a few questions

1. If I were to get alloys outside of Hyundai, what PCD and ET do I have to consider apart from the 17"/5 Holes ?
2. Can I buy 235 R17 tyres ?
3. Will I have to re-calibrate the Odometer? If so who should do it ?
4. What price should I expect when I trade the OEM alloys and tyres ?
Old 4th July 2015, 00:06   #153
BHPian

Now my choice is between 1.6DL SX+ AT and 1.6DL SX(O) MT. Oh! Hyundai I will regret whatever decision I take. Not fair.
Old 4th July 2015, 03:15   #154
BHPian

Seriously disappointed with Hyundai's thought process.

Why they would want to pitch Creta in this way is beyond my comprehension. Features and models are just not palatable. I hope I'm not the only one to have felt this. I'm still waiting for the official pricing of the variants. That would be the final nail in the coffin.
Old 4th July 2015, 04:33   #155
Team-BHP Support

That said, its herd mentality. Once upon a time, somebody thought, a sub 4 meter sedan is a great idea, and voila you have dime a dozen hatchbacks dressed up as sedans.

The next craze is raise a car by 1 nanometer and make it a SUV, voila you have "SUVs,CUV,BUVs,TUVs".

Hopefully, the next craze would be "lifestyle trucks", and we would get some good options for 10-12L in the market.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th July 2015 at 10:12.
tsk1979 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th July 2015, 09:29   #156
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai are missing another trick by offering the automatic only in one variant, while there are a total of nine manual variants!

The 1.6 diesel AT must also be made available in SX(O) trim level with all its additional safety kit. They can introduce this a few months down the line.

The 1.6 diesel AT would also make great sense with the S+ variant. The SX+ and SX(O) trim levels are bound to be priced high, and hence out of the reach of many people looking for an affordable diesel automatic.

This S+ diesel AT variant would attract so many buyers looking out for a diesel automatic hatchback or sedan.

It also makes sense to offer the same 6-speed AT with the 1.6 Gamma VTVT engine in S+ and SX+ trim levels a few months down the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
I'd say Hyundai missed a trick by not offering at least a Driver Airbag on the S variant.

It's decently loaded - ABS, foglamps, rear defogger, height-adjustable driver's seat, sunglass holder, 5-inch touchscreen Head Unit, rear AC vents - and a driver's airbag (like the Elite i20's Sportz/Sportz(O) variants) could have made the package more appealing.
Absolutely!

It's quite foolish of them not to offer a driver airbag on the S variant.

The i20 Active's S variant does get a driver airbag, along with plenty of other goodies.

Considering that the Creta's S variant is going to be similarly loaded and priced higher than the i20 Active S, I simply don't understand why they don't give an airbag on this variant.

Quote:
I hope they do this correction ASAP. If someone from the company is reading these posts, please take this as an urgent feedback.
I too hope they correct this glaring anomaly ASAP!

Awareness about life-saving airbags is spreading even among those with little interest in automobiles. Hyundai should not let go of this opportunity, as there is still quite some time before the official launch.

Last edited by RSR : 4th July 2015 at 09:31.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2015, 09:35   #157

i am just getting mad now . Today i though of pre booking my elite i20 and then cancel the pre order for jazz as i decided yesterday that i will go for elite i20 and no jazz for me at all.

Now few of my friends calls me up and says that you are making a big mistake as the creta would be price below 10L onroad for the middle or top end variant hence please do not book any car.

Now i am thinking of pre-booking both the car and then wait n watch the fun. My budget is 10 lac thats the max i can stretch nothing beyond that considering would be spending 20-30k more on seat covers / 3M Package ETC.

My situation now is why does it always happen to me where so many cars being launch at the same and i am just not able to decide.

Help

Mod Note : Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by ampere : 5th July 2015 at 21:19. Reason: Please refer the note posted above.
Old 4th July 2015, 10:14   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anks22402 View Post
:

My situation now is why does it always happen to me where so many cars being launch at the same and i am just not able to decide.

Help

[/b]
I am in same state was about to stretch and book non ABS duster (85 RxL) but just did hold on. I suggest to wait for Creta and S-Cross and take a call. Both of them may have some varients below 10L with all safety features.
Old 4th July 2015, 10:42   #159

What i think is that only the base variant would be priced below 10 considering 8L EX show room of Delhi rest everywhere there is a increase of 20-45k.

Here in Mumbai EX showroom price would be 8.5 Plus 85k for RT then insurance / Zero Dep plus the extended warranty taking the price to 9.5-9.8 and other variants there would be gap of atleast 75-90k hence petrol top end should cost around 12L.This is what my assumption is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post
I am in same state was about to stretch and book non ABS duster (85 RxL) but just did hold on. I suggest to wait for Creta and S-Cross and take a call. Both of them may have some varients below 10L with all safety features.

Last edited by moralfibre : 5th July 2015 at 21:20. Reason: typo
Old 4th July 2015, 12:16   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaveenKD View Post
Now my choice is between 1.6DL SX+ AT and 1.6DL SX(O) MT. Oh! Hyundai I will regret whatever decision I take. Not fair.
My guess is that they have not introduced the SX(O) AT now to keep the sticker price of the costliest variant low. Once the car starts selling well The SX(O) AT should also be launched with an AT in both petrol trims.
So if you are not in an hurry wait for a few more months.

Rahul
Old 4th July 2015, 12:28   #161
Mtv
BHPian

What a great offering by Hyundai! I will consider buying one when a more powerful version comes along, preferably with 4WD.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th July 2015 at 12:33. Reason: Post edited. Enough has been talked and discussed about the name.
Old 4th July 2015, 13:04   #162
BHPian

Can somebody shed light on the idiocy running through the Hyundai people? Why does the 1.6 Diesel AT not get an SX(O) trim as well?

Are they trying to say that a customer wanting the top trim level cannot possibly be wanting an Auto box as well, And/Or vice versa?

Or is it too much for Hyundai's technical backwardness to see the Hill descent and other such features be tailored to an Auto gearbox?

Which one is it?
Old 4th July 2015, 13:59   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haldar_siliguri View Post
Can somebody shed light on the idiocy running through the Hyundai people? Why does the 1.6 Diesel AT not get an SX(O) trim as well?

Are they trying to say that a customer wanting the top trim level cannot possibly be wanting an Auto box as well, And/Or vice versa?

Or is it too much for Hyundai's technical backwardness to see the Hill descent and other such features be tailored to an Auto gearbox?

Which one is it?
None of it actually. I'm sure you know all this, but let me put my views anyway in the larger context. These are business decisions taken based on user reviews, market surveys etc. so that the company can garner more market share, customer mind share while maintaining margins as well. They cannot keep solely the market enthusiasts like you, may be, on mind while deciding on the variants for an all important new car. Moreover, the managers would also be from top notch management colleges, car enthusiasts who think as much as we do and debate vigorously in board rooms. But then, they will at the end, end up putting mouth where the "money" is !!!

They do have shareholder interests in mind as well. Most likely, they know that S Cross might under cut on pricing and if they end up having huge variation in terms of top end pricing with respect to S cross, the foot falls may fall owing to psychological reasons given that both the cars are being released almost simultaneously. The marketing departments of each of them will be very busy just to have the initial walk in.

Having said this, as other members have been guessing, we may get a top end AT few months down the line once the dust settles. Also, once our Indian market matures to the level of US/Chinese market volumes, we too will have the luxury of getting all variants right from the beginning- we could be right there by 2020!!!
petrolveins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2015, 14:43   #164
BHPian

Just called Sanjay Hyundai in Pune. The person said that the booking amount is Rs 50,000. They already have 40 bookings and he indicated that in case I book now the wait could be around 3-4 months. Seems like this car will be another blockbuster from Hyundai.
Old 4th July 2015, 14:55   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolveins View Post
They do have shareholder interests in mind as well. Most likely, they know that S Cross might under cut on pricing and if they end up having huge variation in terms of top end pricing with respect to S cross, the foot falls may fall owing to psychological reasons given that both the cars are being released almost simultaneously. The marketing departments of each of them will be very busy just to have the initial walk in.
Bear with me on this, but if its okay by you, I need you to elaborate on this paragraph of yours. Call it unawareness about business and economics on my apart, if you may.

How does it matter to a person, "psychologically", wether a top variant with an AT and a huge price tag exist for a particular car, when there exists several variants lower priced depending on requirement by any and every customer? Isn't that an extremely immature business model to have?

This isn't the first and only time, Indian market always has been where a situation like this has crept up with every model. There just aren't enough variants to cater to everybody. Why is that? Why would a person in lets say UK get a choice of 30 variants against us getting barely 5 in India on a given car? Truth be told, its not like the topmost variants sell that much in volumes out there either, but at least its there for someone who can and wants to buy it.

How does having the provision of more variants hamper too badly a company's business only in India? What's so special about other countries?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed