Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2015, 16:08   #1711
BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Exactly my point.

There should be a limit for everything. This is not a chat site for some school / college students. We expect a minimum level of maturity from all, so that the time we spent on this site will be worth it.
Sorry for being blunt, but your point and agreeing to whatever a mod says is absolutely ridiculous. Team-bhp is definitely a huge resource with immense information, maybe one of the best we have and we are proud to be part of it, but your statement indicates that this forum is a holy bible or gita and we have to say God's name whenever we open it or write anything. The forum is open to all to express opinions, excitement, whatever we feel like without being offensive. You can't set rules like school, don't shout, mods are watching, don't giggle, mods are watching, don't chat, this is not a team bhp standard? Does Team-bhp set or rule how we should feel about a particular car? Is Team-bhp a Mafia clan where we can speak only when allowed to? If you want to spend quality time and think the excitement of fellow members is not worth your time, you should probably buy a book and study it.
Shakensoul is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 17:27   #1712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
While it's fun to watch the kind of enthusiasm and interest the Creta is generating, it's important to keep things in perspective. The kind of statements made here ("will sell my house to get one") is not typical of a Team BHPian. We see things as they are. Is the Creta a good car? Yes. Is it value for money? I don't know. Is it the best thing invented since sliced bread? Certainly not.
Hey, I was just excited, of course I won't sell my house to buy one !

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Exactly my point.

There should be a limit for everything. This is not a chat site for some school / college students. We expect a minimum level of maturity from all, so that the time we spent on this site will be worth it.
Yeah, Do I drive a Swift Diesel or Bullock cart ? Very mature.
humyum is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 17:44   #1713
BHPian

Oh come on guys. Humyum was just excited and it was just a figure of speech. Team-bhp is about passion for automobiles and he just was very excited with the creta. Nothing wrong in it. Actually Hyundai should give him a free creta (or atleast a good discount so he can buy one), as I have never seen anyone so excited about the creta. Hope you get to own one someday Humyum. Good luck!
shivasuma is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 19:35   #1714
BANNED

The on road price in Bangalore is about 2 lakhs more than Delhi. Crazy. There is a column for extended warranty, where they have put 17,000/-. Forgot to ask the guy at the dealer whether the extended is for 3 years or five? Any idea?
Old 22nd August 2015, 19:46   #1715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar2007 View Post
The on road price in Bangalore is about 2 lakhs more than Delhi. Crazy. There is a column for extended warranty, where they have put 17,000/-. Forgot to ask the guy at the dealer whether the extended is for 3 years or five? Any idea?
Extended is for the 4th year according to my dealer and yeah, sucks trying to buy a car in bangalore
Old 22nd August 2015, 19:47   #1716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar2007 View Post
Standard 3 year warranty and 2 years extended. I don't think you will get the extended warranty for the Auto though.
Old 22nd August 2015, 21:27   #1717
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Standard 3 year warranty and 2 years extended. I don't think you will get the extended warranty for the Auto though.
Why? The column is there in their price sheet.
Old 22nd August 2015, 21:28   #1718
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
Sorry for being blunt, but your point and agreeing to whatever a mod says is absolutely ridiculous. Team-bhp is definitely a huge resource with immense information, maybe one of the best we have and we are proud to be part of it, but your statement indicates that this forum is a holy bible or gita and we have to say God's name whenever we open it or write anything. The forum is open to all to express opinions, excitement, whatever we feel like without being offensive. You can't set rules like school, don't shout, mods are watching, don't giggle, mods are watching, don't chat, this is not a team bhp standard? Does Team-bhp set or rule how we should feel about a particular car? Is Team-bhp a Mafia clan where we can speak only when allowed to? If you want to spend quality time and think the excitement of fellow members is not worth your time, you should probably buy a book and study it.
Rsr has the answer for you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Anyone can very easily post that kind of comment, you see? If they don't do it, then it's only because they want to maintain dignity, both their own and that of this forum.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 21:29   #1719
Team-BHP Support

Ok guys, back to the topic please.
Eddy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 21:33   #1720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohu9 View Post
@mustangvins,

Congrats for your new ride. Looks great. Do let us know the accessories and mods that you are planning or have got. Wishing you many happy miles with your Creta.
Thank you @sohu9. Haven't decided on the mods yet and might wait for a couple months to explore options. I am mostly going to add a suitable AVN with reverse camera and change seat covers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Congratulations, and wish you many, many happy miles of smiles and delight!

The red colour looks splendid! As posted on the previous page, the Creta is cut from the same cloth (metal in this case) as its elder brother Santa Fe - the same super-sharp looks, the same sense of sophisticated style, the same classy aura, the same jaw-dropping presence. It happens to be a looker in any colour.

Do post some photos of the SX variant's touch-screen music system that comes with a CD player and 1 GB on-board memory. Not many pictures of this system (found on the S & SX variants) is available online.
Thank you @RSR. I really liked Red as well and it looks even better than the photo. Here's the music system picture. It looks decent but a reverse camera is sorely missed due to the thick D pillars.

Preview: Hyundai Creta-img20150822200548.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-img20150822200615.jpg
mustangvins is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 22:49   #1721
BHPian

It's certain that Creta has got very good response in indian market and I was curious how it is perceived in Chinese market.
I came across this review videos by a Chinese reviewer subtitled in English.
The review was done for 1.6 petrol automatic. The reviewer had mostly good things to say throughout entire video until last moment where he termed it as mediocre in all departments except the transmission which he thought was great.

Seems people in China have much better options that in in India for this kind of car and hence bigger expectations

I was also similarly surprised to read not so good reviews of European variant of Ford Ecosport.
born_free is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 23:01   #1722
BHPian

Saw a couple of Cretas on road and one in office. Have to admit, it has excellent road presence and looks pretty big too. In fact, it is absolutely perfect to call it the baby Santa Fe. Even though practically it is a crossover built on the i20 platform - there is no similarity with the premium hatchback.

Congrats to all proud owners of the Creta and it is practically raining Cretas in the forum!!! And we actually have all types of Cretas in the here except probably the 1.4 CRDi variant. Have to commend Hyundai's efforts to give us quality products which also looks good and costs decently - something Honda is failing to do time and again. Everyone loves value and no wonder Hyundai is super successful here in India and all over the world.
Vigkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 01:27   #1723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Congrats to all proud owners of the Creta and it is practically raining Cretas in the forum!!! And we actually have all types of Cretas in the here except probably the 1.4 CRDi variant. Have to commend Hyundai's efforts to give us quality products which also looks good and costs decently - something Honda is failing to do time and again. Everyone loves value and no wonder Hyundai is super successful here in India and all over the world.
I'll be getting delivery of a 1.4 CRDI White next week In fact it's already here but dealer will only release it after registration which will take couple of days.

Last edited by Shakensoul : 23rd August 2015 at 01:30. Reason: Typo
Shakensoul is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 07:59   #1724

Congratulations on your purchase. Looks like you will be joining the league of proud Creta owners. White seems to be the default color of choice.
Old 23rd August 2015, 09:03   #1725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
I'll be getting delivery of a 1.4 CRDI White next week In fact it's already here but dealer will only release it after registration which will take couple of days.
Congratulations! First ownership review of 1.4 on the way?
Did you get a chance to Test drive a 1.4?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks