Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2015, 18:30   #196
BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
In fact both will be equal size in terms of overall diameter, it is just 17 inch will have broad dia rim with lower sidewall but with better look.
17 inch does look really nice though . I am considering the exact same thing and debating the pro's and con's. Nicely laid out comparision. Thanks !
Old 6th July 2015, 19:29   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Latest Update :- The cars which will be arriving at all Hyundai dealerships nation-wide by July 15th for showroom display, immediate post-launch first-batch deliveries, demo purposes and Test Drives, are the following variants:

1.6 SX(O) Diesel,
1.6 SX+ AT Diesel,
1.6 SX Diesel,
1.6 SX+ Petrol &
1.6 S Petrol.

Tentative pricing for the same, sent by Hyundai India to all dealerships, is:

1.6 SX(O) Diesel = 11.46 lakhs,
1.6 SX+ AT Diesel = 11.41 lakhs,
1.6 SX Diesel = 9.74 lakhs,
1.6 SX+ Petrol = 9.45 lakhs,
1.6 S Petrol = 8.08 lakhs.

All prices, ex-showroom Kolkata.

Expect marginal pricing differences (5K-10K) across all variants when final prices are disclosed on the day of the launch, but the pricing will be almost on these lines.

Source - Birdie

- Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Team-BHP app
Thanks for the input.

Any idea about the Base Models and 1.4L Diesel ?
Old 6th July 2015, 20:23   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
Thanks for the input.

My Assumption is that the 1.4 Engine would be atleast/about 1 lac cheaper than the 1.6. BHPians, Thoughts?

IF true, I think the SX variant is a very sweet deal. But would kill the i20 Active.
Old 6th July 2015, 22:38   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post
Really?? I was thinking that it would be priced between Verna and Elantra, but surprising.
This bit of information comes directly from an official communique sent by Hyundai India to all dealers, nationwide. I went through it personally earlier in the morning.

Sorry, but I can't divulge more nor post a screenshot of the same. Some people might lose their jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
That brings me back to the "oh-God-why" question...why don't we have a fully loaded AT version. I would have gladly paid another 1 - 1.5 lakh for that. After all, amortized over the lifetime of the vehicle, its worth the money.
The Elantra 6-speed AT is priced at 1.12 - 1.3 lakhs over it's corresponding manual variant. A Creta SX (O) AT diesel at the 12.6 - 12.75 lakhs-mark could have been a sweet deal. Maybe it is in the pipeline, once the car stabilises in monthly sales after it's launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviraj View Post
Is it preferable to buy the petrol or diesel version? What should be the deciding factors
A daily running of not less than 40 kms at least, plus retaining the car for 6 years or more, specially if purchased with a loan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
Thanks for the input.

No "leaked" information on that yet, but I would guess that the 1.6 petrol Base might get a starting price of 7.5 lakhs, ex - showroom Delhi. Similarly, the 1.4 diesel Base might start at 8.2 lakhs, ex - showroom Delhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
My Assumption is that the 1.4 Engine would be atleast/about 1 lac cheaper than the 1.6. BHPians, Thoughts?

IF true, I think the SX variant is a very sweet deal. But would kill the i20 Active.
The i20 Active would have it's takers. It would still be a full lakh rupees cheaper than the Creta, variant-to-variant.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 6th July 2015 at 22:44.
Old 6th July 2015, 22:43   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The i20 Active would have it's takers. It would still be a full lakh rupee cheaper than the Creta, variant-to-variant.
I'm apprehensive, too, about i20 Active's future. Anyone who goes as far Active would stretch a bit up and reach for Creta. I feel that once Creta kicks in with full force, Active will have fewer takers. It's a half-way house between i20 and Creta.
Old 6th July 2015, 23:56   #201
Senior - BHPian

If these prices are accurate then we have a bunch of people at Renault who want to commit suicide !
The Creta truly stands for what a 2015 car ought to be. The duster has sold in great numbers but i think its days are over (I'm a duster owner btw).
Old 7th July 2015, 01:11   #202
BHPian

The Duster-Terrano twins sure have a lot to worry about with the advent of the Creta but I don't think after gaining a favorable impression with the masses they (Renault & Nissan) would take this lying down only to waste away all the effort and money they've put in making the Duster a success. They're gonna 1 up Hyundai in the coming months or early next year. It would be interesting to see things unfold.
Old 7th July 2015, 02:26   #203

Cant believe at that pricing . Creta is coming all guns blazing for all the SUV's its seems. Hyundai wants to eat up the Suv market and boy they have a very good product at hand.
Old 7th July 2015, 05:42   #204
BHPian

Quote:
1.6 SX(O) Diesel = 11.46 lakhs,
1.6 SX+ AT Diesel = 11.41 lakhs,
1.6 SX Diesel = 9.74 lakhs,
1.6 SX+ Petrol = 9.45 lakhs,
1.6 S Petrol = 8.08 lakhs.
This makes the price of Creta below that of Verna.

Verna Prices (in lacks INR ) in comparison:

1.6 S(O) Petrol : 9.35
1.6 SX Petrol : 10.12
1.6 S Diesel : 10.00
1.6 SX Diesel : 11.52
1.6 SX Diesel AT : 12.22

I think there is a very slim chance of Creta pricing like that.
Old 7th July 2015, 06:00   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
The Duster-Terrano twins sure have a lot to worry about with the advent of the Creta but I don't think after gaining a favorable impression with the masses they (Renault & Nissan) would take this lying down only to waste away all the effort and money they've put in making the Duster a success. They're gonna 1 up Hyundai in the coming months or early next year. It would be interesting to see things unfold.
Duster's ride quality is exceptional which I did find out in any car that I test drove (city/ciaz/ecosport/i20/verna/mobilio/ertiga) and the worst being verna (4s). In a road where it feels like riding on a train in duster felt like riding on a horse in verna.
If Hyundai has resolved it in Creta, they clearly have a winner at had.
sathya_g_m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 08:55   #206
BNM
BHPian

The Scross stands no competition in terms of a SUV stance with the Creta. Refer to picture of Creta standing next to an i20 on page 9 of this thread (images from Zavegur)

Here is a picture of Scross next to the i20 active courtesy Zig wheels.
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Hyundai Creta-image.jpg  

BNM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 09:14   #207
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvk84 View Post

Verna Prices (in lacks INR ) in comparison:

1.6 S(O) Petrol : 9.35
1.6 SX Petrol : 10.12
1.6 S Diesel : 10.00
1.6 SX Diesel : 11.52
1.6 SX Diesel AT : 12.22

Unless it is an introductory offer, it looks too good to be true. Hyundai may eventually price it between the Verna and Elantra depending on the demand. We saw the same with Ecosport who kept increasing the amount throughout the 14 month wait period after their launch.
BNM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 09:45   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Duster's ride quality is exceptional which I did find out in any car that I test drove (city/ciaz/ecosport/i20/verna/mobilio/ertiga) and the worst being verna (4s). In a road where it feels like riding on a train in duster felt like riding on a horse in verna.
You have nailed it with the feedback. Ah how I wish there was a Duster 110 AT, maybe one with 4WD

However, truth be told, not many people both about such things as ride quality, "as long as it looks good". Even if Creta rides like a boat on the waves, but is priced well, and comes packed with chrome and features, it will be a hit. And Hyundai knows it ! Haven't they got the formula perfected already?

Last edited by Contrapunto : 7th July 2015 at 09:45. Reason: typo
Old 7th July 2015, 10:09   #209
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvk84 View Post

Those are ex-showroom Delhi prices you have posted. Please refer to my original post where I have given ex-showroom, Kolkata prices.

Also, the Verna SX is the topmost variant in the Verna lineup, and comes with 6 airbags, projectors, leather pack, etc. The Creta has two more variants over it's SX, namely the SX+ and the SX(O). Feature-wise and pricing-wise, if a comparison has to be made, it has to be between Verna S(O) and the Creta SX, the Verna SX to the Creta SX(O), and so on.

But yes, now the 4-speed AT of the Verna will make no sense to buy over the Creta's 6-speed AT. The fact that it comes at a lower variant, comparison-wise, will help the Creta further. If at all a SX(O) AT is introduced in the Creta, I expect it to be priced at least 40,000-50,000 over the Verna SX AT.
Old 7th July 2015, 10:16   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Agree wholeheartedly. If the ride is even 80% of a Duster/Terrano, I will pick up the Creta 1.4 S+ (with the optional ABS + dual airbags) as a second chauffeur-driven vehicle plus weekend runabout for family outings. Am sick and tired of scraping my poor Polo's front bumper and underbody on Bangalore's 'roads'.

Renault's response:
Am expecting that Renault will quickly drop their ridiculous current strategy of making customers who want ABS/dual airbags pay a huge premium. If they have any sense, they will add ABS (at least) to all Duster variants plus introduce the facelift. Currently, they add all the 'goodies' to the top 110bhp variants only and are very parsimonious with the 85bhp model.

Nissan's response:
Nissan will have to slash prices on their admittedly more stylish (actually anything is stylish next to the Duster's cheaper variants) but now overpriced Terrano. If one factors in the huge discounts on the Duster, the OTR for a similar Terrano (with airbag(s) though is around 1.5 lakhs higher! Mind you, with the issues that Nissan is facing on their LCV JV, they must seize the opportunity to keep at least the Terrano alive and on the 'mind-map' of buyers.

Last edited by itwasntme : 7th July 2015 at 10:19. Reason: Addition
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks