Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2015, 10:40   #211
BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Agree wholeheartedly.
Nissan's response:
Nissan will have to slash prices on their admittedly more stylish (actually anything is stylish next to the Duster's cheaper variants) but now overpriced Terrano. If one factors in the huge discounts on the Duster, the OTR for a similar Terrano (with airbag(s) though is around 1.5 lakhs higher! Mind you, with the issues that Nissan is facing on their LCV JV, they must seize the opportunity to keep at least the Terrano alive and on the 'mind-map' of buyers.

Terrano is one product which baffles me.
Had it been priced correctly it would have stolen a lot of thunder from Duster. Maybe it was company strategy but then we have had upgrades in all SUVs except Terrano.
No changes except for some cosmetic offerings. No NAV system or redesigned instrument cluster. Seems a strange case to me.
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 11:05   #212
BHPian

Just like the diesel has an SX(O) version, they should have come out with a petrol SX(O) too with all the bells and whistles which are there in the Diesel SX(O). That might be the deal breaker for many. It seems, the company is trying to make a push for diesel AT
aviraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 11:06   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
The Scross stands no competition in terms of a SUV stance with the Creta. Refer to picture of Creta standing next to an i20 on page 9 of this thread (images from Zavegur)

Here is a picture of Scross next to the i20 active courtesy Zig wheels.
All comparisons of S-Cross with the Creta are lame and of our doing. Maruti isn't positioning the S-Cross as a mini-SUV (or are they?).

Their marketing of it is clearly as a premium crossover and from your own comparison picture (with the i20 Active, not i20), we can make out that it clearly looks the part. The Creta's pic on page 8 is with the Elite i20 (OK, not a world of difference but not apple to Apple comparison anyway).

Creta can compete with the Dusters and Terranos and other claimed mini -SUVs of our market. The S-Cross is for a buyer seeking different priorities. (By itself, I think it is a wonderful car).

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Terrano still stands a chance because it's interiors and general exteriors are MUCH smarter looking than the (now) dowdy Duster. Add the wow factor and it COULD still compete with the Creta. But time will run out very quickly - they need to move NOW!
This could be the push Nissan needed to go for a refresh. Imagine better Interiors and AVN, projector headlamps setup, etc. Will Nissan do it? We'll have to wait and see if they stand up to the competition or lose to it. Currently the Terrano is one mini-SUV that definitely looks the part. (and most enthusiasts have also claimed it rides & handles brilliantly).

Last edited by k_ajay : 7th July 2015 at 11:26. Reason: Editing some text
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 11:07   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post

Terrano is one product which baffles me.
Had it been priced correctly it would have stolen a lot of thunder from Duster. Maybe it was company strategy but then we have had upgrades in all SUVs except Terrano.
No changes except for some cosmetic offerings. No NAV system or redesigned instrument cluster. Seems a strange case to me.
Agree here too. Probably a combination of general ineptitude, woolly strategy, lack of focus and staying power in their top management. Add the fact they need to pay a premium to Renault for their 'use' of a Renault product plus their investments for the re-skinning etc.

Terrano still stands a chance because it's interiors and general exteriors are MUCH smarter looking than the (now) dowdy Duster. Add the wow factor and it COULD still compete with the Creta. But time will run out very quickly - they need to move NOW!
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 11:09   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post

However, truth be told, not many people both about such things as ride quality, "as long as it looks good". Even if Creta rides like a boat on the waves, but is priced well, and comes packed with chrome and features, it will be a hit. And Hyundai knows it ! Haven't they got the formula perfected already?
True, most likely Verna is not selling hot not because of its poor ride quality but things like missing rear AC vent etc. Though it is essential (Chennai is almost burning for the past few days!) it is important that it drives and handles well.
Although Duster has good ride quality, it just provides that and nothing else inside the Car. OTOH, cars provide excellent features inside the car misses on ride quality. Why not a mix of both. Probably they are available at >20L.
Old 7th July 2015, 11:35   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post
True, most likely Verna is not selling hot not because of its poor ride quality but things like missing rear AC vent etc. Though it is essential (Chennai is almost burning for the past few days!) it is important that it drives and handles well.
Although Duster has good ride quality, it just provides that and nothing else inside the Car. OTOH, cars provide excellent features inside the car misses on ride quality. Why not a mix of both. Probably they are available at >20L.
Verna is not selling but not because of any of this. It is just that it is eclipsed by Honda City diesel. Until the latter's arrival, the former was doing fine. People just prefer H to H. I'm not saying Hyundai is less of a car( they have improved a lot and they are almost on par with Japanese). But mindsets do not change overnight. I have booked Creta, too. But if I had same package with Honda badge at same price, I would have not.
pgsagar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 12:04   #217
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post
Here are some reviews for the 20 to 40 Lacs+ vehicles from Team BHP itself. You will see that no vehicle is perfect. Why blame the poor Creta and the Dusters of the world ?

Fortuner
- Firm suspension, bumpy ride quality. Pitches on the highway
- Utilitarian rather than luxurious, interiors included
- Average brakes. No rear disc brakes
- No extras (rear disc brakes, power seats + lumbar support adjust, USB / AUX jack, reach adjustable steering etc.)

Santa Fe
• 3rd row of seats is severely short of headroom. Not a true 7 seater
• Doesn't have the offroad capability of the body-on-frame alternatives
• No manual transmission with the AWD. The MT variant also loses a lot of safety equipment
• Soft suspension can result in a bouncy rear end at high speeds + undulating roads
• Vague steering feel & unenthusiastic AT gearbox take away from the driving experience

Yeti
• Quirky looking from some angles, might not be to everyone's tastes
• Firm low-speed ride quality
• Cramped rear seat when seating more than 4 in the Yeti
• No Auto or DSG transmission currently offered on the Indian Yeti
• Skoda’s after-sales horror stories

Audi Q3
• Over-assisted electric steering system. Stays light at highway speeds, feels vague too
• Stiff ride quality on bad & broken roads
• Limited rear seat space. The Q3 is best suited to 4 onboard (and not 5)
• Compact SUV, just like the X1. You could get bigger 7-seater SUVs for the same price
• Inconsistent sales & service experiences at Audi dealerships
BNM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 13:13   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
All comparisons of S-Cross with the Creta are lame and of our doing. Maruti isn't positioning the S-Cross as a mini-SUV (or are they?).

Creta can compete with the Dusters and Terranos and other claimed mini -SUVs of our market. The S-Cross is for a buyer seeking different priorities. (By itself, I think it is a wonderful car).
The comparisons between the Creta and SCross aren't lame, and the SCross doesn't need to be defended. The comparisons are justified because:

1. The two are launching at around the same time
2. They are both in the same price bracket
3. They are effectively large, premium hatchbacks

Hyundai has gone the Ecosport route in attempting to give the car an edge, while Maruti is depending on engine output numbers and quality. Hyundai has the advantage of having a proven history of being able to build high-quality, premium interiors for even the budget segment, while Maruti has reliability and service support as their USP.

As a potential customer I know that I will compare the two, as will most others. Here the Creta loses out in the engine specs, but will make up a bit with the looks. What the Creta gains with looks, Maruti will more than make up just by being "Maruti"

Based on the reviews so far, it appears that the Creta wins in drivability while the SCross in handling. Personally I like the looks of the Creta, and would (if I were in the market for a new car) buy it, unless the ride/handling package is too ride-biased.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 14:51   #219
Senior - BHPian

Why doesnt Toyota launch AT on Innova now? I see so many AT Fortuners on Delhi roads, that manual Fortuner is hardly visible on the road now.

It is high time, may be not on top end, but on a mid level.

It will be good option for those who will be stuck with Creta diesel AT waiting (which is going to be huge)

Last edited by tanwaramit : 7th July 2015 at 14:54.
Old 7th July 2015, 15:06   #220
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Why doesnt Toyota launch AT on Innova now? I see so many AT Fortuners on Delhi roads, that manual Fortuner is hardly visible on the road now.

It is high time, may be not on top end, but on a mid level.

It will be good option for those who will be stuck with Creta diesel AT waiting (which is going to be huge)

OT. The all new Innova is being readied for a 2016 launch. It probably will get the autobox. It will be interesting to see what percentage of innova's are driven by owners and not drivers.

Hyundai will ensure that the wait times are not to high. Either ways they must have some spare capacity with the falling Verna sales. Lol.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 7th July 2015 at 15:12.
Old 7th July 2015, 15:34   #221
BHPian

I have been told by the dealer in Hyderabad that 1.6 SX(O) Automatic is there. On further enquiring, he said, the details have not yet been released, but the top-end SX(o) have features like Hill hold control, ESP etc.. which are generally given to automatic cars, and thereby he is concluding.
He also said that its expected that prices are closer to Elantra than Verna.

Anyone can confirm? I am about to pre-book, first time ever.
Old 7th July 2015, 15:59   #222
BHPian

Some more pics.

As per Hyundai source, usable ground clearance will be around 200mm, though on papers around 192mm.

1st pic is of Pearl Silver color.

Some distant shots of Creta with Duster and Ecosport.

Preview: Hyundai Creta-1.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-2.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-3.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-4.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-5.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th July 2015 at 18:21. Reason: Watermarking, thanks :)
Shakensoul is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 17:14   #223
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakensoul View Post
Some more pics.

As per Hyundai source, usable ground clearance will be around 200mm, though on papers around 192mm.

1st pic is of Pearl Silver color.

Some distant shots of Creta with Duster and Ecosport.

Hyundai seems to have produced a whole lot of SX variant. That seems to be the bread and butter variant. Looks like we will have huge wait times on the SX(O) and auto.

I thought the ground clearance normally drops if the weight increasse. Laden vs unladen? That guy seems to have got it wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jha.shailesh View Post

Don't think it will be priced anywhere close to the Elantra @ 21 lakhs Otr Bangalore, it will stand no chance.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 7th July 2015 at 17:23.
Old 7th July 2015, 17:36   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jha.shailesh View Post
I have been told by the dealer in Hyderabad that 1.6 SX(O) Automatic is there. On further enquiring, he said, the details have not yet been released, but the top-end SX(o) have features like Hill hold control, ESP etc.. which are generally given to automatic cars, and thereby he is concluding.

The prices mentioned by RavenAvi in the previous page should be 90% accurate, it will be priced near the Verna. Pricing it next to Elantra will be a disaster.

I have also pre-booked it hoping for a similar pricing, if priced higher will cancel it without second thoughts.
Old 7th July 2015, 18:35   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Hyundai seems to have produced a whole lot of SX variant. That seems to be the bread and butter variant. Looks like we will have huge wait times on the SX(O) and auto.
The dealer I booked with said a fair number of the 40 or so initial bookings were AT. I am hoping Hyundai is getting the message.

I was going to book the Ecosport last year, but got put off my the 6 month+ waiting times that were quoted. It is unlikely Hyundai would miss a trick like that..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks