Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2015, 08:33   #496
BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Wow. Seems that Hyundai has a winner on its hand. Only time will tell.
For me however, had Hyundai provided an all black cabin, similar to the one in IX 25 it would have been a clincher (or is there an option and i have missed it).
Old 16th July 2015, 09:32   #497
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
Wow. Seems that Hyundai has a winner on its hand. Only time will tell.
For me however, had Hyundai provided an all black cabin, similar to the one in IX 25 it would have been a clincher (or is there an option and i have missed it).
Definitely the SX(O), i.e. the topmost model (with a manual shift unfortunately) gets the all-black leather interiors with white contrast stitching.

IAB has a recent post on the black interiors with some good pictures. Take a look there. Not cross-posting here.

Last edited by itwasntme : 16th July 2015 at 09:35. Reason: Accuracy
Old 16th July 2015, 09:40   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
You cannot just go by the radius of the tyre. My Verna has 16 inch alloys but the GC is just 163mm. It depends on how low sprung the suspension is.
I wasn't going by just the radius of the tyre. I was looking at the picture and saw the gap between the road and bottom of the car. It seemed about half the tyre size. Hence the speculation.

Last edited by sngautam : 16th July 2015 at 10:04. Reason: correction
sngautam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 09:45   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Definitely the SX(O), i.e. the topmost model (with a manual shift unfortunately) gets the all-black leather interiors with white contrast stitching.

IAB has a recent post on the black interiors with some good pictures. Take a look there. Not cross-posting here.
Thanks
Have been following IAB too.
I did notice the all black interiors, but the dash and doors have beige inserts in these photographs. What i meant was a complete black package as in S Cross , nothing but black, which imo is super premium.
Please do correct me if the post you are referring has complete black dashboard too. Would love to get my hands on that model.
Old 16th July 2015, 09:49   #500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
One large Bangalore Dealer was a bit worried. He says around 30% of the bookings are for the AT and he is not sure of the delivery schedule. He is fearing a long waiting time for the AT. I have pre-booked a AT, hopefully I do not have to wait too long.
I visited one of the two dealers in Pune, the manager there who I'm acquainted with said that of the 40 bookings he has received then 24 were for AT. he has collected a cheque for Rs 25,000, which he is going to deposit only after I test drive the vehicle on 21st.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 09:50   #501
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
Thanks
What i meant was a complete black package as in S Cross , nothing but black, which imo is super premium.
Please do correct me if the post you are referring has complete black dashboard too. Would love to get my hands on that model.
Cool. Looks like all-black (including the door trims) except for the beige inserts on the dashboard. LInk here: http://indianautosblog.com/2015/07/h...d-spied-184144

@Mods: please remove URL if not allowed.

Last edited by itwasntme : 16th July 2015 at 09:51. Reason: URL
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 09:51   #502
Distinguished - BHPian

An IAB reader has spotted the Cretas in a dealer's stockyard.

The catch? He's got snaps of the Automatic from all around, a close-up of the steering wheel of the SX(O), rear seat space and also a close look at both types of alloys which will be offered.

Note the distinct "Auto" badging at the rear of the AT.
Preview: Hyundai Creta-hyundaicretasxdieselatdealerspied.jpg

Underbody cladding. Also seen are the reverse sensors.
Preview: Hyundai Creta-hyundaicretasxdieselskidguarddealerspied900x506.jpg

The SX(O)'s 17-inch diamond-cut alloy. Tyre is Bridgestone Dueler.
Preview: Hyundai Creta-hyundaicretasxodieselwheeldealerspied900x506.jpg

The SX & SX+'s 16-inch silver alloy. Tyre is Goodyear Assurance.
Preview: Hyundai Creta-hyundaicretasxdieselalloysdealerspied900x506.jpg

Steering-wheel and dashboard of the SX(O).
Preview: Hyundai Creta-hyundaicretasxodieselinteriordealerspied.jpg

Rear bench of the SX(O). Note the all-black seats?
Preview: Hyundai Creta-hyundaicretasxdieselinteriordealerspied900x506.jpg

View from the other side.
Preview: Hyundai Creta-hyundaicretasxdieselrearacdealerspied900x506.jpg

Backrest of the rear seat. Notice leather stitching on the armrest?
Preview: Hyundai Creta-hyundaicretasxdieselseatbackdealerspied900x506.jpg

A new steel grey-ish shade? Or are my eyes deceiving me?
Preview: Hyundai Creta-hyundaicretasxsidedieseldealerspied900x506.jpg

IAB

Also, a close, first-look spy video of a Creta SX+ Silver.

And one of the Creta in Red.

And a close spy look into the interiors of the Creta.

Videos credit to Vamsi Naik.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 16th July 2015 at 10:19.
RavenAvi is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 10:03   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
Jag4, how's the comfort levels at rear - leg/shoulder room, compared to other cars, especially against upcoming scross.
The legroom though certainly adequate, didn't quite live upto my expectations.
Shoulder room is also quite average considering the size of the car.
Jag4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 10:40   #504
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
Jag4, how's the comfort levels at rear - leg/shoulder room, compared to other cars, especially against upcoming scross.
The legroom and shoulder room are better in SCross compared to Creta. Conversely, boot space is better in Creta than SCross.
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 10:54   #505
BHPian

While, I am very much reminded of the hype and excitement that accompanied the launch of the EcoSport, what I don't understand it that with all these cars at the dealers, stockyard, and all, why is there not a single proper review of the car so far?

What is amiss? Wouldn't it be proper to allow the journos to do a proper test drive of the car and post comprehensive reviews of their findings?

While the car is a looker, without a proper test drive, it would be premature, at best, to reach a proper conclusion. All these pictures and views are like looking at a brochure of Caribbean cruise tour.
johy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 11:29   #506
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
What I don't understand it that with all these cars at the dealers, stockyard, and all, why is there not a single proper review of the car so far?
Well, the car has not yet been launched officially so that maybe a valid reason for no reviews as yet. All media houses and maybe our very own team would have done the review but might not be allowed to put it to open house due to some confidentiality clause.
BoneCollector is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 11:36   #507
BHPian

^^ I am sure that many people have already compiled their reviews, and the only thing stopping them from publishing is is the NDA from Hyundai.

That being said, I like the Maruti approach better. Hyundai is just doing this hide-n-seek just to increase the hype.

At this point I am afraid that the Creta may have a very bad ride, not very unlike a banana boat in a rapid. Hope it wont end up like the Mobilio or the Amaze.
Old 16th July 2015, 11:40   #508
Distinguished - BHPian

The rear window line is unusually high due to the double whammy of the low rear seat plus smaller windows. This is totally opposite to the Duster/Terrano where the rear windows are big and one sits pretty high up too.

Am guessing that any person below say 5'5" will be hard pressed to even look out of the rear windows. Will irritate the chauffeur-driven set and especially the ladies and kids. Expect lot of kids to be kneeling on the seat just to look out :-0
Old 16th July 2015, 13:06   #509
Team-BHP Support

Hyundai has announced that the global launch of the Creta crossover will take place on July 21, 2015 in New Delhi.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 15:31   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sngautam View Post
What about the rear suspension? In my experience the back seat passenger feel the potholes much more than the front row ones, esp. in Hyundai cars. Is that smooth as well?
In my opinion, the phenomenon where rear passengers are affected more than the front passengers is common across all cars and all roads. My reasoning for the same would be that the driver and co passenger have in their line of sight most of the road undulations like potholes and speed breakers and hence have time for their bodies to adjust ( Eg: brace, hold the doorpad handles or the roof handles) whereas the rear passengers cannot anticipate the same and thus do not the getting time to react which leads to them being uncomfortable and even shocked in some instances.

Coming to the car, I sat in the rear seat as well for a round and didn't observe anything of this sort. However I was driving for the most part and hence did not spend much time in the rear so my opinion would be limted to say the least.

Mods please combine the last post with this one. Thanks.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks