Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2015, 14:05   #826
BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalstatistiks View Post
Wow, what a disaster !
===========
No one is happy with this pricing. Including those like me who can see the value and would like it to be considered premium, but will forever be consigned to compare it to a Duster or Ecosport.
Interesting perspective. The car is neither here nor there. It is neither a Skoda Yeti nor a Ford Ecosport. It could have been a great middle option, as most were expecting it to be and product wise it is indeed. But the pricing changes that.
Old 21st July 2015, 14:06   #827
Senior - BHPian

I really did expect these prices. My dealer had told me from day 1 to expect an on road price of 16 to 17 L for the Diesel AT that i had booked. The Duster top end costs closer to 14L in Delhi (manual) and i wonder why people expect the Creta (a way superior, modern day car) to cost lower than the Duster.
Sure the Duster is overpriced for what it offers but then again, the guys at Hyundai will price the car according to the market ! They went to business school and they know what they can extract out of the customers pocket.
At these prices, they will do 50,000 units a year and thats the target they had announced 2 months back. Sure they could have done 75,000 but they don't want that.
nik_kapur is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 14:06   #828
BHPian

Too bad they chose to price it higher. I was expecting around 12.5 for the Diesel AT which is pretty realistic compared to other options. But Hyundai though to ride on the launch hype and priced the top vairants about 50k-1L more and commanding a premium. Only time will tell if hyudai can command or fall at the feet of the customer.

And there is one more important point to consider. The S-cross!! Maruti has been displaying the cars in public and creating more awareness among the public and now they have a broad space to price their offering. If Hyundai had priced Creta more competitively, they could probably have snatched many potential S-cross customers. But I think it will be the other way around now. Many potential Creta customers are now going to look strongly at the S-cross. Many will buy an S-cross which almost has all the features that Creta offers for maybe around 2L lesser.

@ravenavi, dont feel too bad. All your titbits and insider info kept us all hopeful of a good value of money car. It is very clear that you always had the good intention of bringing accurate information to this thread. And regarding your purchase, it is better to take more time and think through rather than rushing a decision.
praveen_v is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 14:06   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arindam_Nayek View Post
Looking at the prices of Honda Jazz & Hyundai Creta think I would miss out on Maruti Scross as Maruti will have a huge margin to play now :(

In case I had the money I would have gone for Mahindra XUV eyes closed rather than Hyundai Creta. (Personal Opinion no offense to anyone)
I second that. XUV need not worry as it is a much larger vehicle compared to Creta for the price and features it offers.

I feel the Duster has got a new life and the sleepless night the Renault guys have spent till the Creta prices were revealed are over. I wish they come up with better interiors and features in the near future. Duster will be unstoppable then (period).
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 14:07   #830
Distinguished - BHPian

So the SX+ Diesel AT will be between 16-17 L here in Bangalore. Looking at the pricing, I wish they had launched a SX+ Petrol AT also (Or even an SX(O) petrol AT). The SX+ Petrol Manual is 11.2 L, Which means the SX+ Petrol AT would have been priced around 12 L Ex Showroom and would have translated into <15 L OTR Bangalore.

I am sure there are many folks (like my relative who was waiting for this) who want an Automatic and SUV kind of vehicle but do not really have the running to warrant a diesel.

I was planning to blindly recommend this at the earlier discussed prices, but at these prices, need to really think. Looking forward to the detailed test drive report.
Rajeevraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 14:07   #831
BHPian

Getting calls from Hyundai dealers now. Am sure there must be quite a lot of people backing out of the deal. Last I would have expected is a call from the dealer within 2 hours of launch
Indian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 14:08   #832
BHPian

Definitely too pricey. Many folks might be taking a refund of the advance amount paid is what I feel.
Old 21st July 2015, 14:08   #833
Distinguished - BHPian

A bit disappointed but i expected something close to 15L on road for the SX(O) variant. I am waiting for the local on road prices to come so that I can decide on this. I might switch my booking to SX+ variant and I see/expect a lot of variant switching now and even more cancellations.

Will go to the showroom in the evening to take my final call. Either SX+ or back to Ecosport.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 14:10   #834
Senior - BHPian

When Honda launched the previous iteration of the Jazz, the people who previously thought "Whaaat??" when they heard the prices of the i20 went "Oh, that's VFM!"

I think that's the same effect that Creta's pricing is going to have on our perception that the Duster is overpriced. Especially in AWD format, it is VFM now!

Last edited by VeluM : 21st July 2015 at 14:12.
VeluM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 14:11   #835

Will cost 16L + for the segment first diesel autobox.
With a mini SUV charm to the kitty and lack of quality players in the market, I feel Creta will do numbers.

Hyundai with its robust built and design has a winner.

But, rear looks very similar to the European Ecosport.
Old 21st July 2015, 14:12   #836
BHPian

Hyundai has just buried itself with the most outrageous pricing for Creta!! Like most of us in this thread, I believed that the launch price would be 7.2 to start with. And I had even prepped my wifey about trading in the Santro for Creta. Now, it looks like my Santro will get wider tyres, infotainment system and even a body graphic instead!! So sad with the "introductory" pricing.
theroadrunner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 14:14   #837
BHPian

Here's a comparison of how the Creta's pricing stacks up against its nearest competitors.

(All prices ex-Delhi. Prices taken from each brand's official websites. Hyundai pricing was from what was displayed during the launch event)
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Hyundai Creta-suv_price_comparison.png  

Attached Files
File Type: xlsx SUV_Price_Comparison.xlsx (11.6 KB, 658 views)

Last edited by vivtho : 21st July 2015 at 14:24. Reason: Forgot to mention source for Hyundai data
vivtho is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 14:15   #838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakhar1998 View Post
Will it be hiked, or will it be dropped?
Hiked is likely but dropped, definitely not. Imagine Hyundai dropping prices and making early adopters look like fools. Most then would not touch a pre-launch booking with Hyundai again. Of course, after a considerable time, prices could come down via discounts like the Jazz and Dusters have had to offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
If you do not consider the Creta, which other alternative (direct rival) would come close that would beat the Creta?
Start looking at the Mahindra XUV 5OO. Direct rival or not I don't know, but definitely a worthy car today and a feature-set no less. Creta pricing makes XUV look like a damn deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
I hope Maruti wont go bonkers while pricing the 1.6 SCross
Harbouring the same hope. Hope MS doesn't go crazy with the pricing now that Creta has positioned itself as a higher premium model, that has allowed for MS to space their variant prices widely. I Just heard that Maruti Suzuki has moved internally the S-Cross launch date from around 25th July to 5th August, for revisiting their pricing structure. Hoping sense prevails.

While Maruti Suzuki NEXA has positioned the S-Cross as a premium crossover, it is Hyundai who are actually going premium with their product and pricing (Creta specifically).. Irrespective of what we think of the prices, let's see if Hyundai's strategies pan out as they've planned it. Personally, I'm glad I didn't pre-book this car.

Wonder what the feeling of those who in a haste, sold their Ecosport, is.

Last edited by k_ajay : 21st July 2015 at 14:16.
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 14:16   #839
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Just got some inside info from a dealer. They say that they were invoiced 13.50 lakhs for the diesel 1.6 SX(O). So can we safely assume that the ex showroom is at that price. Or has Hyundai just invoiced this amount and will be adjusted after the price is announced? Is this a possibility?

Here it is quoting myself.I had seen the dealer invoice.I saw it coming.Anyway finding it expensive now for basically a C segment cabin.Was pretty close to actual ex showroom prices.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 21st July 2015 at 14:34.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 14:16   #840
@KP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
When Honda launched the previous iteration of the Jazz, the people who previously thought "Whaaat??" when they heard the prices of the i20 went "Oh, that's VFM!"

I think that's the same effect that Creta's pricing is going to have on our perception that the Duster is overpriced. Especially in AWD format, it is VFM now!

But then Honda did an encore this time around again which made Elite i20 really VFM
@KP is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks