Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2015, 23:52   #76
BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Thanks for the nice preview of probably India's most awaited compact crossover SUV "The Hyundai Creta".
Really looking forward to the full in depth review of this car. Especially the diesel automatic version.
I wonder how people can actually start booking the car at the car dealers end without actually looking at it or even getting the feel of it and that to "unofficially"!!

Source: http://www.zigwheels.com/news-features/news/hyundai-creta-bookings-commence-unofficially/22357/
Old 2nd July 2015, 00:41   #77
AXG

I got a call from Blue Hyundai in Bangalore today and the sales executive claimed there will be a one year waiting period for those who don't pre-book!!

Those who pre-book will get their car within 10-15 days of launch.

When questioned whether the booking amount will be refunded in full in case of a delay in delivery, he promised to get back but never did.
Old 2nd July 2015, 01:14   #78

From the pictures it seems like the seats are too low and bucketed for SUV standards, that might mean a lot of bending to sit inside.
Old 2nd July 2015, 08:21   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXG View Post
I got a call from Blue Hyundai in Bangalore today and the sales executive claimed there will be a one year waiting period for those who don't pre-book!!

Those who pre-book will get their car within 10-15 days of launch.

When questioned whether the booking amount will be refunded in full in case of a delay in delivery, he promised to get back but never did.
I think the salesman was trying to pull a fast one on you. Hyundai is expected to produce 40,000 units in the 1st year. So there's going to be ample supply. There's no way there's going to be a waiting period of 1 year. It's just a ploy to get more bookings

Last edited by GTO : 2nd July 2015 at 12:45. Reason: Typo
akrish01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 08:32   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
I wonder how people can actually start booking the car at the car dealers end without actually looking at it or even getting the feel of it and that to "unofficially"!!
Its a fad nowadays. We have pre-launch booking for flats and villas. Pre-release shows for movies(I forget the exact term). So its not surprise this craze has moved to auto industry as well

But Hyundai has launched a fantastic product. If they price it in Verna range or less, I can at least buy it an year down the line. :-). There's no reason why this product wouldn't be a success
akhil_007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 08:37   #81
Senior - BHPian

A blockbuster in the making.

A very tractable 1.6 Diesel with excellent NVH, 6 speed AT, SUV looks, A badge with reliability and quality interiors. If the price is correct, I am fully expecting another Elite i20 for the compact UV segment.

The poor Verna is not having a great time at all isn't it?
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 08:46   #82
BHPian

While most of us are falling head over heels on the Creta's styling, power & safety kit, here's what an American auto site thinks about it : http://blog.caranddriver.com/hyundai...-dont-want-it/
While I like the Creta package, just goes to reinforce how advanced those markets are that a potentially blockbuster product in India might not even make a cut to the standard roster in the US
epuneet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 10:01   #83
GTO
Team-BHP Support

A Team-BHP Fan shares this link of a detailed ix25 photoshoot. Thanks buddy

Link
(Might take a few seconds before the pictures load)

Quote:
Originally Posted by epuneet View Post
While most of us are falling head over heels on the Creta's styling, power & safety kit, here's what an American auto site thinks about it : http://blog.caranddriver.com/hyundai...-dont-want-it/
It's one person's opinion from what is known as a rubbishly biased car magazine. I don't think you should make any sweeping conclusions from it.

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd July 2015 at 17:00. Reason: Mentioning that it might take a few seconds before the pictures load, as per RP.
GTO is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 10:06   #84
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
While I like the Creta package, just goes to reinforce how advanced those markets are that a potentially blockbuster product in India might not even make a cut to the standard roster in the US
It may be a biased view. The comments in the article support it by actually questioning the point of the article. Hyundai is doing very well in the U.S. The same Elantra offered in India went on to become 2014 best mid size saloon in all of North America. I have seen a lot of Vernas AT (accents over there) being offered as rental cars in the US. As a SUV, Tuscon may be their smallest but the features being offered in the Creta are much more or comparable to what is offered on the U.S. Tuscon version.

Last edited by BNM : 2nd July 2015 at 10:19.
BNM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 10:26   #85
BHPian

Wow! remarkable effort in clicking those pictures. Thank you!
It was eventually looking like seeing official review pictures of team-bhp minus the narration.
Fingers crossed that indian version should be a carbon copy of ix25 in terms of lay out and features other than which we know already.
It is strange that glove box does not have cool feature! or may be it is region specific!
ddriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 11:27   #86
Team-BHP Support

Seems like a really nice car overall although reports on ride quality will be crucial to verdict.

One comment. Flexibility is paramount in any product and more so in such crossovers. I personally find lack of split second row seats to be a virtual deal breaker for me.

Any input on what is the boot space of the car?

Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 11:59   #87
BHPian

I completely agree with you GTO on this. We are very low on confidence of our choices and likings and always seem to be seeking some "approval" from someone.
One magazine writes somethings and we get thoroughly biased and conclude the so called advanceness of the markets without any rational thought. It is the same case be it auto market or financial market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A Team-BHP Fan shares this link of a detailed ix25 photoshoot. Thanks buddy

Link

It's one person's opinion from what is known as a rubbishly biased car magazine. I don't think you should make any sweeping conclusions from it.
autobahnjpr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 12:40   #88
BHPian

Guys,
I just spotted a Maroon colored unregistered Creta parked on ORR, right after you cross the Marathahalli Bridge
opposite to Metro Ford (Must have been giving heart-burn to EcoSport ). Sorry for no photo's - I myself
was on the wheels & those who are regular on this route would know how congested this is.

Really like that tallish SUV stance that is bestowed upon this car. The front fascia can however get easily
mistaken for it's elder sibling - Santa Fe.
tabrez is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 12:54   #89
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
Is there confirmation from Hyundai India there won't be an SX (O) for the AT variant or only deduced from the AT cars available for the Media drive?
Nope, no official confirmation. That's why Anshuman used the term "unlikely" when talking about the AT's variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Book now or wait for the AT top spec. Going by GTO's post, should I wait?Is Hyundai pulling of the Celerio marketing trick? My Punto which is up for replacement (feeling sad) can wait. She has clocked 70k Kms in 3 years and is actually good for another 70 k.
Creta or no Creta, I'd tell you to hold on your Punto . Selling a car within 3 years is a big no no. If I were you, I'd buy the Creta facelift (read = use your car for another 3 - 4 years).

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
IIRC a study correctly, 40% of India (or was it more?) buys a car without ever test-driving it. On a related note, 90% of car buyers wouldn't even know what to look for if they test-drive it. My siblings fall in this category. For them, brand, styling & price are the 3 main considerations before buying a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXG View Post
I got a call from Blue Hyundai in Bangalore today and the sales executive claimed there will be a one year waiting period for those who don't pre-book!
What a trick! Must commend the sales advisor's confidence. Though we can't entirely rule it out, but to make such a prediction without even knowing the price is foolish.
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 13:06   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Studies show that less than 1% of owners ever use a splitting rear seat. This statistic was shared with me by a manufacturer.
Yeah, that seems like a valid statistic, can't refute it. I haven't put the split seat feature to much use myself, until recently (about since the past 6-7 months) where I fold down the 60% of the rest seat in my Fabia, to accommodate my daughter's little cycle into the boot. That too on 2 weekends a month only.

But as some member had mentioned, it's probably better to have the feature and not use it, than to not have it at all. Most buyers will forget what they paid (more) for that feature (if their car had it), but many may never forget that their car lacks that feature.

Quote:
The Xylo is so bad that, even if a manufacturer tries, they won't be able to make an SUV behave as poorly.
Mahindra is going to have a heartburn reading this.

Quote:
The US is a different market, can also be said that their market is more matured than ours, in terms of offerings, purchase parity, etc.. We really don't have to take their comments on our market's offering from Hyundai, very seriously. It's their view for their market, why do we bother. I'm positive the Creta will be a positive addition to our market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
One comment. Flexibility is paramount in any product and more so in such crossovers. I personally find lack of split second row seats to be a virtual deal breaker for me.

Any input on what is the boot space of the car?

Thanks
True about rear seat split fold flexibility, but cannot completely refute what GTO has shared, that manufacturers analysis suggests very few % of buyers actually put that feature to use. But yes, would have been very useful to just have it.

Anshuman said Hyundai hasn't officially shared/revealed the vehicle specifications yet, but on the other Creta thread, boot space rumours indicated it to be near the 400 litres mark. Maybe we take that as an indication of what may be offered (+ or -)

Last edited by k_ajay : 2nd July 2015 at 13:10.
k_ajay is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed