Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2015, 17:14   #916
Senior - BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
These are the Bangalore prices :

Attachment 1394073
Wow!! 17.12 for SX(O), 10 years back I would have got CRV! And if I am right the prices of Creta are just Introductory, which means a price hike in near future.
My 2 cents to potential buyers , If you like Creta and are willing to pay, go for it immediately. With the current prices Hyundai are going to sell in decent numbers and for sure the prices would be hiked by 30-40K. Earlier the better!
Old 21st July 2015, 17:16   #917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
These are the Bangalore prices :

Attachment 1394073

1.6SX(O) - 17,12,776/-

XUV500 W8 - 17,72,031/-

Difference is 60K and if Dealership is not allowing insurance from outside, I would say W8 is a sensible choice. Its VFM too.

You may loose smart entry & push button start feature but you will get lot of features in W8 as listed below
  • 7 seater, proper SUV
  • Micro hybrid technology
  • Light sensing headlamps
  • Rain sensing wipers
  • Rear disc brakes
  • Cruise control
  • Tyretronics
LionX is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 17:17   #918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_d1106 View Post
As mentioned by many on the thread, the prices are on the higher side. However, in hindsight the prices we all were (self included!!) expecting were not realistic.

It is actually brave from Hyundai to put in a full spec product in the Indian market without tweaking just for the excise regulations/pricing constraints. They could well have gone the Ford way and fit the Creta to 4m and enjoyed the benefits. Instead they have gone the best way with a proper size vehicle, excellent fit finish and good engine options. The 1.6 Petrol and diesel powertrains will have a steep 30% excise duty as compared to 12.5% for a EcoSport which makes a huge difference.
Hyundai made us to believe that the car is pitted against Ecosport or Duster but it turned out to be a XUV competitor. I feel XUV is far more value for money than Creta.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 17:25   #919
BHPian

I got price list for Hyderabad from my SA.
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Hyundai Creta-img20150721wa0004.jpg  

atulsian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 17:25   #920
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
1.6SX(O) - 17,12,776/-

XUV500 W8 - 17,72,031/-

Difference is 60K and if Dealership is not allowing insurance from outside, I would say W8 is a sensible choice. Its VFM too.
You can say that again. The XUV500 makes a compelling case for itself, especially the facelift which looks so much more mature. I've posted a 100 times on this forum that I would pick the XUV500 over the Fortuner. XUV500 vs Creta? Can tell you only after driving the Hyundai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
I really doubt if we are going to have a full review unless our reviewers review one of the owner's cars. I don't think Hyundai will plan a separate full media review other than the preview that they conducted last month.
We will most certainly be compiling a full official review of the Creta. However, the media drives are taking place after a couple of days. Our review will be up by mid-August (or maybe the 3rd week).

Remember, quality takes time . It's never by accident.

Last edited by GTO : 21st July 2015 at 18:11.
GTO is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 17:28   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
Well, the top end Creta ex-showroom price in Delhi is 13.6 L, which is around 1.5 L (including discount) more than the top end Duster. But then as people in this forum have mentioned you get 126 bhp compared to 110 bhp on the Duster and better interiors etc.

But if you pay a lac over the top end Creta model you get the top end XUV 500 at 14.99 L. Now this car produces 140 bhp, offers more seating and a proper SUV and other lac more and you get the 4WD version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Hyundai made us to believe that the car is pitted against Ecosport or Duster but it turned out to be a XUV competitor. I feel XUV is far more value for money than Creta.
I feel that the Creta has been positioned exactly where Hyundai want it - in the territory between the Duster and the XUV. Take a look at the vehicle sales data for May for SUVs
Name:  SUV Sales for May.png
Views: 6494
Size:  15.9 KB
(Note that I've used the sales data for May on the following assumptions - 1) Hyundai would've firmed up their pricing around that time, and 2) The sales of other SUVs would be less affected by the upcoming launch of the S-Cross & Creta)

The majority of the action is in the C2 segment where the Scorpio has a 37% marketshare. However, the Scorpio (as with the Safari/Storme) is a full-sized SUV and is not a direct competitor for the Creta. The monocoque SUV/Crossover is toughly contested with the EcoSport, Duster and Terrano fighting it out for the 8 - 13L space.

Right next door is the D1 segment which is very scarcely populated and where the XUV has close to a 100% marketshare with prices in the 11 - 16L range.

There's a gap of about 3L variant-to-variant when models in the C2 & D1 segments are compared and it is in this gap that Hyundai has positioned the Creta.

Name:  C2D1.png
Views: 6028
Size:  7.2 KB

Are they being a little greedy? Maybe .... but they're being very smart for sure.
vivtho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 17:40   #922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
So are the Ecosport, Duster and (ahem) Creta.
I meant in the looks department.

Quote:
Ecosport's length(internationally) is same as Creta. Just that they made a crude joke on our ridiculous 4m regulations here.
how do you figure that? According to the UK brochure, the Ecosport is 4011mm long. The Creta is 4,270mm. And the Creta is wider at 1,780mm vs 1,765mm.

Quote:
Nevertheless it is the most dependable among all the crossovers sold here. Utility written all over it.
Different issue and I never said the Duster had no redeeming features. It probably is also the best handler of the lot. The Creta's strengths are different. And as a city soft roader it does very well. Renault charges a lot for what the Duster offers, IMO.

Quote:
IMHO, it is exactly the reverse. Creta's 'introductory' pricing tells me suddenly that the Skoda is a better buy. The analogy is akin to how last year's flagship phone is a much better buy than current mid-segment phones.
I don't understand the analogy. I guess it's a personal opinion because for me the Yeti will never be a value-for-money purchase, whatever else happens in the market. Just as an iPhone, old or new, continues to have usurious pricing
StarScream is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 17:41   #923
BHPian

Although I didn't get a pricelist yet, SA at the dealership told me OTR for the SX(O) in Mumbai, will amount to a whopping 16.75L! Has anyone got a full pricelist for Mumbai yet?
Old 21st July 2015, 17:46   #924
BHPian

I, for one, feel that the disappointment is largely because of the hopes that were created by the speculated (and unrealistic!) pricing and NOT because of the actual pricing itself!

Had there not been so much unnecessary speculation about the pricing, this thread would have taken a completely different turn. The discussions would have, possibly, taken a turn towards bewilderment instead of outright resentment. I do feel that the Creta is going to find itself a considerable number of higher middle class, urban, upscale homes.
amoghchaphalkar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 17:53   #925
Distinguished - BHPian

Just came back from my dealer. They were busy delivering the first one to a customer. I enquired about that stupid pricing earlier given to me to which they had no answer. They said that there were 14 bookings out of which 4 have cancelled it and others had not yet visited the showroom and in all probability were not aware of prices. The advisor told me that they had no courage to call the customers and therefore had dropped off messages on their mobiles. The petrol SX+ is dearer by 1.55L and diesel by a whopping 2.0L . My hunt for car goes on and on. I might come back to Creta again but all depends on situation 6 months from now. Congratulations to everyone who is buying this or planning to take it. Hoping to see many ownership reports here.
These prices are valid all over Bihar.
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Hyundai Creta-_20150721_174354.jpg  

Last edited by BoneCollector : 21st July 2015 at 17:56.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 17:58   #926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
I, for one, feel that the disappointment is largely because of the hopes that were created by the speculated (and unrealistic!) pricing and NOT because of the actual pricing itself!

Had there not been so much unnecessary speculation about the pricing, this thread would have taken a completely different turn. The discussions would have, possibly, taken a turn towards bewilderment instead of outright resentment. I do feel that the Creta is going to find itself a considerable number of higher middle class, urban, upscale homes.
Thats true. There was 45+ pages of speculation, excitement, enthusiasm which took the expectations to a high level which came crashing down once the launch was done. I dont understand the obsession for pre-booking when the product is not even launched yet. This is for any product, be it phones, vehicles or real-estate. The product is not running away. Let it launch, read the reviews, experience the test drives personally and then take the decision. What is the fancy about being the first person to drive the vehicle out of the showroom after launch?

It's an expensive product no doubt, but then hyundai probably thinks that it has to compete against ecosport, duster and terrano (maybe S-cross in future) for market share of the compact SUV and this is no doubt more premium to any of the offerings from the competitors. It is playing the premium card here. Scorpio, XUV, Storme are in a totally different SUV league and though we can compare prices, they are totally different products. The target customers for them would be different in my opinion.

People who are looking for a premium 5 seater compact SUV will still go ahead with the booking even though the price might pinch a bit.
aviraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 18:02   #927
Senior - BHPian

The full size SUV's like the XUV 500, the Safari Storme and the Scorpio look a lot more VFM compared to the Creta. Indian "Frugal Engineering" at work. I just hope that these brands take the ownership experience higher by couple of notches and the foreign brands will have a tough fight on their hands.

I would'nt be surprised if Hyundai starts offering discounts on this product after the initial euphoria wears off. That should happen by December.

I saw the S Cross at Select City Walk today.It looks small in comparison to the SX4 I currently drive. The imported 1.6 L Diesel is the engine to buy, but will be expensive due to higher taxes . May turn out to be the enthusiasts choice in urban setting. Good torque and power, spacious enough and with quality interiors and kit & yet not too big to throw around.

Last edited by rajneeesh : 21st July 2015 at 18:07.
rajneeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 18:04   #928
BHPian

4+ lakhs difference between Fully spec'ed Ecosport and Creta!! Insane. This will be another Honda Jazz like story I believe.
Mallikarjun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 18:15   #929
BHPian

Does it makes sense to go for the 1.4 D base Model at around 10.5L OTR?

Will be upgrading from WagonR , was on the lookout for a new car/mini SUV, was previously contemplating on the Ertiga VDI for the extra row seats, better mileage. But the outdated looks put wifey off. Already stretching budget to max, cannot afford to go any higher :(
Old 21st July 2015, 18:16   #930
BHPian

Just read from Indianautoblogs site, in their S-Cross, test drive article that they got a hint that S-Cross will be priced a tad above Ciaz.

Ciaz Diesel starts 8.25 lacs. Now that would put it right into the same pricing as Hyundai Creta.

Well, in that case, it would just build a stronger proposition for Creta or Duster
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks