Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2015, 13:19   #121
BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatmangal View Post
confirm booking i should pay 1 lakh rs or else the initial sum given my me stands invalid. !!!!!
That's so ridiculous . Did you mean you will lose that money? really ? Why would you bet on something, which you haven't even seen for yourself. Certainly this is a not a healthy way to make people commit before even it's launched. I think they are just trying to create a hype.

Stay away from it, and let the vehicle come in. Feel it for yourself, and then make a call. Who knows, if it's even worth the wait. Maybe Suzuki's upcoming offering might be better positioned than this.
Old 3rd July 2015, 13:27   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
Can you share what variants are available both in petrol and diesel?
Buddy, haven't spoken to him on those details.. but surely planning to visit him either Saturday and Sunday to see what's in store for variants and color option.
If i can get some pics of brochure or written document, will surly post them here.
Old 3rd July 2015, 14:00   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
That is a new colour for the Creta. It was introduced on the Grand but later discontinued.
I may be wrong, but this color looks very similar to the 'real earth' color Hyundai has had since i10 days (it also featured on the Santro). To me, it looks similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatmangal View Post
I think dealers are now making bookings official.
My dealer called up asking me to confirm booking i should pay 1 lakh rs or else the initial sum given my me stands invalid. !!!!!

Do you guys think its worth to pay so much upfront with dealer or should i wait for test drive and pricing details.
Just to add he even said i have to specific which variant i want..
Not at all worth. Like some other members have mentioned, it seems like Hyundai has asked dealers to accept ₹25000 as the booking amount. My Hyundai sales contact also asked for ₹25k. Nothing more.

Ask the dealer to give in writing whatever he has claimed. Then you'll get the real picture.
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 15:27   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zavegur View Post
Thanks for the preview. I have some more images from my snap-savvy friends in Chennai. You can see the Creta SX CRDI putting up next to the current generation i20 Elite. It does stand fairly taller than the elite. You will definitely not mistake this for any other car.
The color in picture is 'Mystic Beige' as noted in Hyundai international website.

http://worldwide.hyundai.com/WW/Show...ndex.html#wrap

Checkout the various color options quoted here; will be interesting to know what is available in India!

Z
Old 3rd July 2015, 15:33   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Visited one of the dealers in Bangalore. They are asking for 100k and claimed they already have 180 bookings! Hinting at long waiting period too.
Old 3rd July 2015, 15:53   #126

The name creta is derived from the Greek word 'kriti 'which means creation.It also refers to the Greek island Creta which has a rich heritage .Today the island of Creta is a favourite tourist destination . Since creta has been launched as a global product ,the company seems to have given a name which may appeal to a global market.
ashok nair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 16:26   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by groom View Post
Looking at the NCAP video, during the side crash the car almost rolled over and managed to sit on top of the barrier sled.

This only means, the car is top heavy, which further means there could be chances of roll over accidents similar to the ecosport? Any views here ?
I don't understand whats wrong with the crash here. I believe the passengers appear to be well protected. Almost all cars lift their rears in an accident like this. That's not something unique to Ecosport.

Last edited by moralfibre : 4th July 2015 at 09:15. Reason: Removing video from quoted post.
Old 3rd July 2015, 17:21   #128
BHPian

I just spoke to the bangalore dealer I booked with(50K booking amount, fully refundable, given in writing) and he confirmed that the AT will be called SX+ AT and will come with a smaller option pack (keyless entry and larger AVN), but will miss the 17 inch alloys and side and curtain airbags that come in the SX(O). He didnt know about the leather seats and steering wheel wrap.

I asked about getting the alloys switched for the 17 inch ones, but he didnt really know if it can be done. No pricing info yet according to him.
manku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 17:26   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_007 View Post
But Hyundai has launched a fantastic product. If they price it in Verna range or less, I can at least buy it an year down the line. :-). There's no reason why this product wouldn't be a success
=> You know sometimes, any product which is very overly hyped becomes a failure. Especially in India, if you see the trend, most of the foreign brands flop because they are hyped a lot. Also one can blame the marketing of a product done in a wrong manner as it gives a wrong impression to its target audience.

However, now I have started to expect a lot from "Hyundai Creta" probably because it had created a different image in my mind and also now, it is the most eagerly awaited car in the market. Personally, I am waiting for the review of the automatic diesel version.
Old 3rd July 2015, 18:36   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

The Creta's variants fully detailed features-wise, pic courtesy Akash1886@TAI.

It seems confusing at first glance, but upon closer inspection it reveals all the information.

Preview: Hyundai Creta-20150703_135905.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 3rd July 2015 at 18:49.
RavenAvi is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 19:19   #131
MAS
Senior - BHPian

The spread sheet is pretty clear with all the details. Thank you very much.

Few things that are confirmed now

- 60:40 Split Rear Seats , not sure why in AT only
- No mention of Cruise Control . I am dropping Creta from list of cars i would consider to replace my Fiesta next year.
Old 3rd July 2015, 19:23   #132
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

It seems confusing at first glance, but upon closer inspection it reveals all the information.

Thanks Ravenavi. So on the automatic, we will miss most of the safety features.deadhorse.
Leather interiors can be personalized at Stanley, 17 inch wheels can be worked out to be swapped at the dealer. The bigger touch screen is also a big miss. I do a lot of highway driving and safety is of paramount importance. Maybe I will wait till we get the top spec auto.frustrati

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 3rd July 2015 at 19:28.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 19:48   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Thanks Ravenavi. So on the automatic, we will miss most of the safety features.deadhorse.
Leather interiors can be personalized at Stanley, 17 inch wheels can be worked out to be swapped at the dealer. The bigger touch screen is also a big miss. I do a lot of highway driving and safety is of paramount importance. Maybe I will wait till we get the top spec auto.frustrati
AVN stands for audio-visual-navigation system right. So if navigation is there, then its got to be on the bigger touch screen itself. Hence I think you will get that along with the SX+ A/T options pack.
Old 3rd July 2015, 20:15   #134
BHPian

Yes if you read it carefully the above features are of SX and bottom features are options pack.
As I am interested in petrol, going by spec sheet I will miss three things over SXO.
17 inch Tyre, 4 safety bags and leather seats and steering and doors pad covering.
Rest all features are covered
I am quite satisfied now!
ddriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 20:25   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Thanks RavenAvi. Tried to capture the details in excel sheet - was little confusing but I hope I got it right. I am looking at AT and as mentioned by others comparing with SX(0) will be missing out on Air Bags (side and curtain), 17" Alloy Wheel, 7" inch AVN, Leather Pack, VSM, ESC and HAC. Still Happy though missing out on Airbags.

Preview: Hyundai Creta-creta-variant-comparison.png
Simhi is offline   (16) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed