Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2015, 22:24   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

As a corollary, Renault have provided the July offers on the Duster valid till only 20/7, i.e. the day before the Creta launch :-)
Old 5th July 2015, 23:10   #182
Senior - BHPian

I booked Creta AT SX on 3rd. Dealer took 1 L as booking amount. When I asked why not 50 K like Ford had for Ecosport, the answer was," to keep unwanted bookings out which hardly translate into sales". Wonder why would anyone lock up 50K if he was not serious to buy. Anyway, Creta has everything going for me. Diesel+AT+mini-SUV. The only downer is lack of SX(O) variant. But that is not a deal-breaker for me. I can overlook that. The only confusion right now is, Scorpio is also coming again with AT. I'm sure both will be priced within few hundred rupees of each other. That close. Yes, Scorpio is more metal for your money and that 2nd floor view and butch looks but then Creta is the new kid on the block and coming from the house of Hyundai, it will be a smashing hit. I booked Creta anyway, since I may not get it as and when I want (at least for initial 6 months of euphoria). But I will take final call after checking both out (hoping that Scorpio AT will be out soon , too). BTW, I though I was the early bird at booking, but the dealer told me I am 12th. And he said most booking are for AT.
pgsagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 10:57   #183
BHPian

I booked Creta on 22-Jun. Last weekend spoke to SA in Chennai to get formal details around trims. He was saying that AT delivery will begin from October. I didn’t believe and asked him for confirmation. He said that he cannot confirm until the launch date. I am yet to decide between SX AT or SX(O) and I will decide based on the launch date. Does anyone know more details around this?

Note: I thought twice before posting this message as I don’t like spread rumour.

Last edited by vanchi_s : 6th July 2015 at 11:01.
Old 6th July 2015, 13:15   #184
BHPian

@ Anshuman - How does the Creta compare to the Santa Fe in pricing? 25% more car at 2x price? Does it make the Santa Fe look too expensive?
Old 6th July 2015, 13:21   #185
BHPian

I wonder why are people expecting the top-end Creta (automatic) to be around 15L, similar Elantra model with same 1.6 diesel engine and 6-speed auto transmission costs more than 20L in Hyderabad. Not that I am complaining, but just asking for validation or rationale behind this.
Creta, essentially has the same engine / transmission as Elantra. Based on the reviews interiors are equal if not better than the Elantra as well. Traditionally, SUV body types have been priced more than their Sedan counterparts - take for example Laura (Octavia) and Yeti. Lodgy though a MUV is priced lower than Duster, again a premium for SUV body type.

Just to add- It seems the dealers have received the brochure and I am expecting one soon in my inbox, but prices still seem unknown.

Last edited by jha.shailesh : 6th July 2015 at 13:31. Reason: updates from dealers
Old 6th July 2015, 13:23   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
@ Anshuman - How does the Creta compare to the Santa Fe in pricing? 25% more car at 2x price? Does it make the Santa Fe look too expensive?
AirWind, I think the SantaFe is a CBU and hence pricing will not be comparable with the hugely localized Creta
Old 6th July 2015, 13:56   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Latest Update :- The cars which will be arriving at all Hyundai dealerships nation-wide by July 15th for showroom display, immediate post-launch first-batch deliveries, demo purposes and Test Drives, are the following variants:

1.6 SX(O) Diesel,
1.6 SX+ AT Diesel,
1.6 SX Diesel,
1.6 SX+ Petrol &
1.6 S Petrol.

Tentative pricing for the same, sent by Hyundai India to all dealerships, is:

1.6 SX(O) Diesel = 11.46 lakhs,
1.6 SX+ AT Diesel = 11.41 lakhs,
1.6 SX Diesel = 9.74 lakhs,
1.6 SX+ Petrol = 9.45 lakhs,
1.6 S Petrol = 8.08 lakhs.

All prices, ex-showroom Kolkata.

Expect marginal pricing differences (5K-10K) across all variants when final prices are disclosed on the day of the launch, but the pricing will be almost on these lines.

Source - Birdie

- Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Team-BHP app

Last edited by RavenAvi : 6th July 2015 at 13:58.
RavenAvi is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 14:42   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Really?? I was thinking that it would be priced between Verna and Elantra, but surprising. I am in market for a <11L (Stretched to 12L) for a Sedan/SUV to replace my 2007 Santro. Thought Creta with respectable feature may be out of my reach and Maruti calling S-Cross "premium" would price it more than Ciaz.

Did shortlisted Duster and City, waiting for Creta/S-Cross. Looks like it is worth waiting for both of them.

If Creta is priced this way, S-cross should be much lesser.
sathya_g_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 14:53   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
=> You know sometimes, any product which is very overly hyped becomes a failure. Especially in India, if you see the trend, most of the foreign brands flop because they are hyped a lot. Also one can blame the marketing of a product done in a wrong manner as it gives a wrong impression to its target audience.

Personally, I am waiting for the review of the automatic diesel version.
I agree with your statement regarding over-hype. But its not applicable for Hyundai. The reason I say is, Hyundai Portfolio. Tell me, where have they over-promised and under-delivered? Apart from we BHP'ians who are not happy with handling of Hyundai's, there is no reason to call their products as Hyped/Over Hyped. What do they provide?

1. Segment First Features- Check
2. Damn Good Interiors- Check
3. Good Engines(Reliable+Economical+Powerful)- Check
4. Value for Money(vis a vis Competition)- Check
5. After Sales Service and Support- Check
6. Lifestyle/Luxury Features(Auto headlamps, ACC, Rain sensing Wipers etc)- Check
7. Fantastic Designs- Check

I cannot see any other Manufactures providing all of these features at the price point Hyundai is offering. Instead of Hype, I would call it VFM and brilliant marketing. I'm curious as you are, to see how Creta fares against established players like EcoSport and Duster. I have a feeling it will trouble Safari/Scorpio as well.

Which bring us to another topic.The purchasing power of Indian Janata has grown beyond leaps and bounds. Our markets have opened up to Foreign Players, who have the advantage with Technology and Money. We are eager to give them a chance, a long rope and give our money. But with all the tech might and huge capital to invest, these big players are not able to penetrate our market. Either its their ego or bad attitude I do not know. Look at Chevy, Fiat, Ford etc. They act as if they dont want our money and are here to make losses only. I hope, they learn from Hyundai. Its gonna be a win-win for the people and the company.
akhil_007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 15:21   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Latest Update :- The cars which will be arriving at all Hyundai dealerships nation-wide by July 15th for showroom display, immediate post-launch first-batch deliveries, demo purposes and Test Drives, are the following variants:

1.6 SX(O) Diesel,
1.6 SX+ AT Diesel,
1.6 SX Diesel,
1.6 SX+ Petrol &
1.6 S Petrol.

Tentative pricing for the same, sent by Hyundai India to all dealerships, is:

All prices, ex-showroom Kolkata.

Expect marginal pricing differences (5K-10K) across all variants when final prices are disclosed on the day of the launch, but the pricing will be almost on these lines.

Source - Birdie

- Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Team-BHP app
Good pricing. Not really cheap, but VFM relative to the features offered and the quality that Hyundai now (increasingly) stands for. That brings me back to the "oh-God-why" question...why don't we have a fully loaded AT version. I would have gladly paid another 1 - 1.5 lakh for that. After all, amortized over the lifetime of the vehicle, its worth the money.
Contrapunto is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 15:28   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
As per the spec sheet details mentioned by sangtani it is really a shocker if you see the min ground clearance which is 165mm suggested!
I’ve been in the look out for a Compact SUV & so far I have been to the Renault & Ford showrooms.
We have some badly built manhole covers on Chennai roads, so I was specifically enquiring about the ground clearance. I understand from the Sales Consultant that the Ground clearance of Duster is around 200mm which is basically when its unladen & around 170mm in laden condition. In comparison, Ecosport also is around 183mm on an unladen basis & around 162mm when loaded.

And for the Creta the ground clearance shown as 165mm is under laden condition & is likely to be around 190mm under unladen condition
Old 6th July 2015, 15:34   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimi View Post
I’ve been in the look out for a Compact SUV & so far I have been to the Renault & Ford showrooms.
We have some badly built manhole covers on Chennai roads, so I was specifically enquiring about the ground clearance. I understand from the Sales Consultant that the Ground clearance of Duster is around 200mm which is basically when its unladen & around 170mm in laden condition. In comparison, Ecosport also is around 183mm on an unladen basis & around 162mm when loaded.

And for the Creta the ground clearance shown as 165mm is under laden condition & is likely to be around 190mm under unladen condition
I dont know about GC when laden but when Unladden, current Duster should be 205 mm(210mm for 4x4) and Ecosport is 200 mm. Creta as per current known specification is to have 190 mm though I am not sure.
Old 6th July 2015, 15:50   #193
Senior - BHPian

Got this emailer from Hyundai about Creta.

Nothing special info which is not available otherwise.

However official information is getting out slowly.

The emailer static URL - http://hyundaiauto.in/hmi/images/164...164303436.html
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Hyundai Creta-creta.jpg  

tanwaramit is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 16:43   #194
BHPian

I was reading somewhere very interesting thing about the wheel rim size.
Comparing the 16 inch with 17 inch and came to conclusion that getting 16 inch in lower version of Creta is not at all a disadvantage and I am more happy now and can live with it.

the 16 inch tire

will have higher sidewall (65)
will have narrower tread
will create lesser rolling resistance
will provide better snow/wet traction
will provide slightly mushy handling feel
will provide better ride quality
will better protect wheel rim
will be less prone to flat-spotting from extended sitting

the 17 inch tire

will have lower sidewall (60)
will have wider tread
will create more rolling resistance
will provide poorer snow/wet traction
will provide slightly better lateral grip figure and better handling feel
will provide rougher ride
will provide less rim protection
will be more prone to flat-spotting from extended sitting

In fact both will be equal size in terms of overall diameter, it is just 17 inch will have broad dia rim with lower sidewall but with better look.

Last edited by ddriver : 6th July 2015 at 16:45.
ddriver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 16:59   #195
BHPian

Is it preferable to buy the petrol or diesel version? What should be the deciding factors leaving apart the price.
Strangely the top end petrol does not come with 17" alloys
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks