Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2015, 19:11   #256
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Got a call from my local Hyundai dealer asking me to book if I am interested in Creta. I asked about booking amount to which I was told that its 1lakh INR for the same. I asked why so high, the SA told me that since I am planning for a petrol one, I will have to pay that much. I flatly refused and told them that if I have to book, I will pay only 25k as per everywhere to which they agreed. I feel that these stupidities are dealer level problems. I can book only after a comprehensive review by TeamBHP and a test drive.
Old 8th July 2015, 21:16   #257
Senior - BHPian

Anyone booked from NCR? Want to know if any dealer is booking at 25K and has no deduction in case of cancellation?

Don't want to end up in big waiting list for 5-6 months, hence planning to book in advance.
Old 8th July 2015, 21:19   #258
BHPian

It is raining discounts at Duster. Got a call from dealer who mentioned that the discounts are in tune to 81k for RxL/RxL+ 85 and about 50k for 110. All discounts valid till 20th July. I am tempted but will wait for Creta (Also traveling for a month so no way could book now). I am not sure if the deal date is on Creta!!
Old 8th July 2015, 22:23   #259
BHPian

Great preview! Can't wait for the review now.

Going through the spec list, wondering what exactly is the "Supervision Cluster"? From what I understand, the supervision cluster is the instrument panel, which has a whole plethora of information about the car. If that's the case, does it mean that only top end diesel owners get access to this information?

Quite disappointed that there is no Petrol in the top trim. Still hoping against hope though!
Old 8th July 2015, 22:25   #260
BHPian

I am having a feeling that hyundai will undercut many suvs if not all for the given spec. They even may match with scross which i believe may be priced much lesser than competition.

With so much price hikes of duster and ecosport, we meed maruti and hyundai competing on same month to set the price right for the segment 👏👍
Old 8th July 2015, 23:26   #261
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekh15 View Post
Great preview! Can't wait for the review now.
It is Supervision cluster Rheostat" on the SX(O) if you see it carefully. This is a brightness adjustment control for the supervision cluster when you switch on the headlights. This is similar to the headlight beam control which is provided on the right side of the steering of the Verna.

Last edited by ampere : 8th July 2015 at 23:39. Reason: Removed bulk of the quoted post
BNM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2015, 07:17   #262
BHPian

Every short glimpse of the new Creta is creating more thump in the hearts. As we see more of Creta everyday, one faces an interesting dilemma. Why should anyone now consider the Fortuner, XUV 500 or even the Q3, GLA, etc.? Have been looking to upgrade my 8 year old Civic to something better. Considered the new age XUV 500 but was taken aback by a few customer ownership reviews (went for the test drive - found quality issues in the plastics). The new Q3 is a tempting proposition but one can get 3 top-end Cretas for that price! Confusion reigns. As long as one has not written that cheque, one can revel in the excitement and the expectation I guess. Has anyone in the forum considered both Q3 and Creta? Though they belong to completely different categories, the choice from Creta to Q3 is quite limited...
Sam Panch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2015, 09:51   #263
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Panch View Post
Every short glimpse of the new Creta is creating more thump in the hearts. As we see more of Creta everyday, one faces an interesting dilemma. Why should anyone now consider the Fortuner, XUV 500 or even the Q3, GLA, etc.? Have been looking to upgrade my 8 year old Civic to something better. Considered the new age XUV 500 but was taken aback by a few customer ownership reviews (went for the test drive - found quality issues in the plastics). The new Q3 is a tempting proposition but one can get 3 top-end Cretas for that price! Confusion reigns. As long as one has not written that cheque, one can revel in the excitement and the expectation I guess. Has anyone in the forum considered both Q3 and Creta? Though they belong to completely different categories, the choice from Creta to Q3 is quite limited...
If Hyundai resolves atleast 50% of the ride/handling issues in the Creta and go on to provide the AT version on the SX(O) trim, the vehicle will almost become dare I say Ideal vehicle! in this price bracket. There is a very limited choice of great SUVs unless we want to consider the Q5, X3 and GLE classes and above. Please refer to my post on page 15 of this thread which lists flaws in all SUVs in the 20 to 40 lacs price bracket including the Q3 (all based on TBHP reviews)
BNM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2015, 11:09   #264
BHPian

I need a safe automatic. I Test Drove a Ecosport and almost booked it. Then thought of waiting for Creta and Scross(now ruled out).

My dilemma is to go for Ecosport with 6 airbags(petrol) or Creta with 2 airbags(diesel). I have never driven a diesel and don't mind driving one.

Please help me if I will feel as safe in Creta with two airbags as in Ecosport with 6 airbags.

I like looks of both(of course seen Creta in pictures only). Or should I wait for Creta to release Automatic in SXO variant?
I have waited enough and cannot wait for tooo long(3 months max).

Alternatively I am thinking of buying Ecosport Automatic now and change in couple of years for a better choice.

Your suggestions please.
Old 9th July 2015, 11:50   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNotHorn View Post
I need a safe automatic. I Test Drove a Ecosport and almost booked it. Then thought of waiting for Creta and Scross(now ruled out).

My dilemma is to go for Ecosport with 6 airbags(petrol) or Creta with 2 airbags(diesel). I have never driven a diesel and don't mind driving one.

Please help me if I will feel as safe in Creta with two airbags as in Ecosport with 6 airbags.

I like looks of both(of course seen Creta in pictures only). Or should I wait for Creta to release Automatic in SXO variant?

Alternatively I am thinking of buying Ecosport Automatic now and change in couple of years for a better choice.

Your suggestions please.

Well, Air bags act as a medium between life and death if the accident turns to be severe! Creta(2) and Ecosport(6) doesn't really define the magnitude of how safe one will be when a catastrophe will occur, however having a curtain and side air bags besides frontal ones will prove to reduce the impact much fold.

Hyundai too is boasting of making Creta on HIVE , which provides rigidity and torsional strength to the structure.

You can also check the crash ratings for both the vehicles before short-listing one.

Happy Motoring
Old 9th July 2015, 12:05   #266
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

If safety is primary factor along with an automatic transmission, I would say stick to the Ecosport booking. Not just the additional airbags, the Ecosport AT also got ESP, which is quite an important safety feature.
Old 9th July 2015, 12:14   #267
BHPian

Quote:

Your suggestions please.
The top end SX(O) which will come only in Diesel AT, will have 6 airbags and a lot of other bells and whistles. Waiting time may be more for this as it looks like a hot deal at 15L onroad.
I visited the Hyundai showroom yesterday and they confirmed that prices will be in the range 9-15L onroad
Old 9th July 2015, 12:25   #268
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviraj View Post
The top end SX(O) which will come only in Diesel AT, will have 6 airbags and a lot of other bells and whistles. Waiting time may be more for this as it looks like a hot deal at 15L onroad.
I visited the Hyundai showroom yesterday and they confirmed that prices will be in the range 9-15L onroad
Can you please mention the source of this information? RavenAvi's little birdie said the exact opposite- that the SX(O) will only be offered in the diesel MT! There is little point speculating endlessly on what variants will be offered- let's just wait for the official word. I do feel however that Hyundai will be missing out a big opportunity by not launching an SX(O) diesel AT.

Quote:

Airbags are called a Supplemental Restraint System for a reason. There is no substitute for defensive driving and following traffic laws when it comes to safety. Think of airbags as a parachute- if and when you need them, would you not feel safer with each occupant of the vehicle protected rather than only the front riders?
From a practical standpoint, if your car is only going to be occupied by 1 or 2 people most of the time, you may think of side/curtain airbags as an expensive luxury. If your family rides in the back, please ensure that they are belted up and secured in appropriate child seats otherwise airbags may do more harm than good.
I don't know if the Ecosport which is a sub 4m baby SUV with basic functional interiors and a relatively cramped back seat can really be compared in any case to the Creta which in recent Hyundai style seems sure to be fully loaded and is reported quite spacious at the back.

Last edited by noopster : 9th July 2015 at 12:29. Reason: typo
noopster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2015, 12:37   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Can you please mention the source of this information? RavenAvi's little birdie said the exact opposite- that the SX(O) will only be offered in the diesel MT! There is little point speculating endlessly on what variants will be offered- let's just wait for the official word. I do feel however that Hyundai will be missing out a big opportunity by not launching an SX(O) diesel AT.
I checked unofficially with one of the sales person in the Hyundai showroom at Pune. But as you rightly said, we should wait till they officially release the specs and variants. I was hopeful of a petrol MT/AT in the SX(O) variant, but it seems unlikely.
Old 9th July 2015, 12:41   #270
BHPian

Mod Note: Please stay on-topic and let's not speculate on specfic variants/features of a car that has yet to be launched. Also, use Thanks button to show your appreciation rather than create a new post. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by noopster : 9th July 2015 at 12:49.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks