Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2015, 09:04   #421
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
1) A definite bulb upgrade is possible. Lights didnt seem good enough.
Granted they are not HIDs, but they do have some decent illumination. I specifically checked this at night.

Quote:
3) Boot is big but isnt that deep.
Boot is quite spacious. The wheel-wells intrude into the space a bit, and that's the only problem.

Quote:
4) Started the petrol motor and was pretty noisy for a petrol.
You sure it was the petrol? Because the Creta SX+ petrol I started was super silent when it settled down after an initial tiny gruff at startup. No noise inside the cabin at all!

Quote:
6) Doors are light. Miss that solid feel of the ecosport.
Yes. Koreans are yet to match the Europeans/Americans in build quality. However, I think that the build quality is very decent. (Certainly much better than Marutis!)

Quote:
10) Indicators on the ORVMs design looks good but not practical in India (since this takes a lot of hit). Should have been similar to Honda where it's safe from hits.
Honda's ORVM indicators (ones on the City/Jazz) are the best in terms of design. Although I don't think Creta's ORVMs will take too many hits, being placed slightly higher than normal hatchbacks/sedans.

Quote:
12) Driver armrest is pushed way back and cant be adjusted. Should have been longer so that one can rest his arm will holding the gear. This is not possible here.
Ideally, it should have been more nearer to the handbrake. I found it similar to my City's - placed too far back for any real comfort while holding the gear shift. As it is, the only way it's usable is on long drives when one is sitting in a relaxed, laid-back manner.

Quote:
The 4 cars that i saw have Goodyears on them.
All of them SXs/SX+s? The SX(O)s come shod with Bridgestones.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 14th July 2015 at 09:07.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 09:09   #422
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Granted they are not HIDs, but they do have some decent illumination. I specifically checked this at night.

You sure it was the petrol? Because the Creta SX+ petrol I started was super silent when it settled down after an initial tiny gruff at startup. No noise inside the cabin at all!

All of them SXs/SX+s? The SX(O)s come shod with Bridgestones.
I was able to check it at dusk. But felt it was not all that great.

Talking about SX and SX+.

Yes, it was petrol. BTW, I didnt check the cabin insulation. I was standing outside, near the hood. I wouldnt say it was loud. But compared to other petrol cars, it did sound a bit loud.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 09:19   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was able to check it at dusk. But felt it was not all that great.

Talking about SX and SX+.

Yes, it was petrol. BTW, I didnt check the cabin insulation. I was standing outside, near the hood. I wouldnt say it was loud. But compared to other petrol cars, it did sound a bit loud.
Hyundai's are the Honda's these days and hence I would wait for review or a TD before I comment on the engine noise.

Sad about the 1.6 diesel engine option. Looks like they made a deal with the competition.
Old 14th July 2015, 12:45   #424
BHPian

Hyundai has around 400-410 dealerships in India. Even if we assume the average booking per dealer is 50 Creta's, it would amount to booking of 20k units. Since the manufacturing has already commenced, they would have around 4k units by month end (10 cars to each dealer on average).

And assuming spare capacity due to low traction in Verna sales, they should be able to ship 8k-10k units, given demand through bookings. In effect all customers with booking should get it within 1.5- 2 months

IMHO therefore the dealers are scaremongering the people with waiting times of 4-5 months, to entice them to book and take delivery early.
Shrek_924 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 13:32   #425
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Neel Kirane for sharing!

Quote:
Stardust and White colours of Creta! Looks quite big even next to the Santa Fe! This is the diesel base 1.6 SX variant. 2 more variants over the SX on offer.
Preview: Hyundai Creta-img_1774.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-img_1769.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-img_1771.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 14th July 2015 at 15:11.
GTO is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 13:48   #426
Senior - BHPian

The variant lists as per Autocar on facebook.
Quote:
Hyundai will offer the new Creta in six trims – Base, S , S+, SX, SX+ and SX(O). The 1.6 petrol motor will power the Base, S, SX and SX+ models, the 1.4 diesel will be come in Base, S and S+ variants and the 1.6 diesel will be available in SX, SX+ and the SX(O) trims. The option of an automatic gearbox is offered only on the 1.6 diesel SX+ trim.
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ed-396077.aspx

Last edited by noopster : 14th July 2015 at 14:17. Reason: Adding an extract in keeping with fair usage practices
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 13:57   #427
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
The variant lists as per Autocar on facebook.
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ed-396077.aspx
Interesting to note that ABS is standard while you need to get to the 3rd variant S+ to get airbags.

Also lists Hill Assist as available only on the SX(O). Hill Assist is relevant only for AT, which does not come in SX(O). What is the purpose of Hill Assist on a manual?
Old 14th July 2015, 14:27   #428
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to Neel Kirane for sharing!
Excellent Pictures GTO. Gives the best perspective size wise standing next to the Santa Fe (for all the unlucky ones like me who havent seen it in the flesh). Dimensions wise it is foot less than the Santa Fe but glad to see that it is about the same height. The window line actually seems to be higher than that of the Santa Fe.

The Santa Fe was selling in 3 digit numbers so far (per an earlier post in this forum). With Creta's release, will there be any takers when it costs more than twice the cost.

Last edited by BNM : 14th July 2015 at 14:43.
Old 14th July 2015, 14:28   #429
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Interesting to note that ABS is standard while you need to get to the 3rd variant S+ to get airbags.

Also lists Hill Assist as available only on the SX(O). Hill Assist is relevant only for AT, which does not come in SX(O). What is the purpose of Hill Assist on a manual?

It really doesn't matter if it's manual. The system detects a previously set gradient and anything more than that it prevents a roll back for a set duration ie 2 or 3 seconds. This gives you ample time to slot the car into gear and move on.

Now over to the experts. Correct me if I am wrong. Traditional torque converter automatics ( Creata)actually do not need a hill assist. Alternatively some autos like the VW DSG will require hill assist. Can someone explain this in a better way. Sorry this has been off topic.

Thanks for the Santa Fe comparison GTO.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 14th July 2015 at 14:41.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 14:43   #430
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

Yes, they should have offered at least a driver airbag on the S variant! It's still not too late, and I hope they make this much required inclusion.

Hill Assist is quite necessary for dual-clutch auto 'boxes and AMTs, but not for traditional torque converter gearboxes and CVTs (with an inbuilt torque converter).

The torque converter manages to provide a solid tug forward when one takes the foot off the brake pedal, due to its torque amplification characteristics. So the car would not roll back even on an incline, but creep forward. One can easily control the car on an incline by just pressing and releasing the brake pedal.

On the other hand, dual-clutch automatics and AMTs would briefly roll back on an incline before moving forward, so they need a hill assist feature to counter this brief backward movement. If not, one has to do it manually by using the handbrake, and this can turn out to be a cumbersome thing when done repeatedly.

On a manual too, the car would roll back on an incline if the driver is not adept at using the pedals (& handbrake whenever necessary) to prevent backward movement. So it's a good-to-have feature, and some manual transmission cars do have this hill assistance thing.

Last edited by RSR : 14th July 2015 at 14:46.
RSR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 14:44   #431
Senior - BHPian

Success of this car will depend on how Hyundai price it. From the reports, it looks like it will not be under 10 Lacs for sure. That will make it to compete with cars like City, Verna, Ecosport, Duster, etc. It has potential to eat market of cars like City, Duster etc if priced correctly. Duster & Teranno needs to worry for sure.
Old 14th July 2015, 14:58   #432
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
RavenAvi Sir, Can I request you to get the PCD size for the Creta Wheels. I am trying to get it so that I can select alloy wheels. Unfortunately my dealer in Bangalore is clueless or acting clueless. I am guessing it is 114.3 looking at the specs of the Sonata (17") and Elantra(16"). Can you please confirm ?
BNM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 15:05   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post
AT cars have always been the most expensive from the variants available, and come fully loaded, hence the idea that certain key features might be missing is not acceptable to AT car buyers. I hope nishtrao95 and his dealer friend are right.
Definitely, it just doesn't make any sense to cut off the safety features from the AT version of the car considering it will be priced higher than most variants.

Especially with the Creta being the only car offering automatic in it's segment, should come with all the premium options.

Last edited by sweetvar26 : 14th July 2015 at 15:11.
Old 14th July 2015, 15:11   #434
BHPian

I parked i20 Active besides Santa Fe and Creta!

Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Hyundai Creta-three.jpg  

akash_m is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 15:27   #435
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
The Santa Fe was selling in 3 digit numbers so far (per an earlier post in this forum). With Creta's release, will there be any takers when it costs more than twice the cost.

Santa Fe is a different animal altogether and the launch of Creta will not affect its sales. The segments address different customer needs and requirements and they will not eat into each other's sales.
MAS is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed