Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2015, 18:24   #451
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Guys, the prices are near correct. Trust me on that. I have the price list from them. Everyone can calculate their respective city OTR based on the ex-showroom.
BoneCollector is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 18:40   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post

3. 1.6 Diesel will be available in SX, SX+, SX+AT and SX(O), SX @ 10.3L = 11.3L, SX+ @ 11.2L = 12.3L, SX+AT @ 11.9L = 13.02L and SX(O) @ 11.99 = 13.08L.
If the 1.6 SX+AT Diesel retails for 13L as you predict, I know what will be my next car.
Old 14th July 2015, 19:43   #453
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1. Petrol 1.6 will be available in base, S and S+ variants only with base starting at 7.9L ex-showroom = 8.74L OTR, S @ 8.6L = 9.5L and S+ @ 9.9L = 11L.

I don't have feature wise variant details but this is what it is and its the final price in my opinion give or take 20K.
While I believe you on the prices, the top-end petrol variant is actually a SX+, not S+. Typo in feverish excitement, perhaps?

Anyway, others can't calculate OTR prices according to your city's ex-showroom prices. The ex-showroom prices vary across cities (usually they are lowest in Delhi and highest in either Mumbai or Bangalore, even Hyderabad).

Remember who posted about the prices first, WAY back on 6th July?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Tentative pricing for the same, sent by Hyundai India to all dealerships, is:

1.6 SX(O) Diesel = 11.46 lakhs,
1.6 SX+ AT Diesel = 11.41 lakhs,
1.6 SX Diesel = 9.74 lakhs,
1.6 SX+ Petrol = 9.45 lakhs,
1.6 S Petrol = 8.08 lakhs.

All prices, ex-showroom Kolkata.

Expect marginal pricing differences (5K-10K) across all variants when final prices are disclosed.
Quote:
The variant I saw was SX(O) 1.6 Diesel. It had no chrome except on boot lid.
The SX(O) has chrome on it's front grille as well. All 3 horizontal slats are chrome.

Also, the door handles of the SX(O) are chrome-loaded too.

Anyway, let's have a peek at some more spy pictures from a dealership, to see the effectiveness of the LED positioning lamps and the projector headlamps during daytime.

The variant snapped is an SX+ Petrol in White:

Bold stance.
Preview: Hyundai Creta-2.jpg

A view from the other side.
Preview: Hyundai Creta-3.jpg

LEDs lit up during daytime.
Preview: Hyundai Creta-1.jpg

Projectors on, LEDs dimmed during daytime.
Preview: Hyundai Creta-4.jpg

The clean rear of the SX+ Petrol.
Preview: Hyundai Creta-5.jpg

The driver door and it's panel.
Preview: Hyundai Creta-6.jpg

The boot space and the luggage net.
Yes, that's a gas strut holding up the boot lid. One on either side.
Preview: Hyundai Creta-7.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 14th July 2015 at 19:49.
RavenAvi is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 20:21   #454
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
While I believe you on the prices, the top-end petrol variant is actually a SX+, not S+. Typo in feverish excitement, perhaps?
Ha ha. Quite right feverish excitement it was. I missed the correct variant as SX+ of petrol. And yes, SX(O) has chrome on front but what I wanted to point was no chrome surrounding the front fog lamps.

Thanks for posting the SX+ Petrol snaps.

The prices are little fudged as it was not possible to post the exact figures or the snap of price list.

Last edited by Technocrat : 15th July 2015 at 02:10. Reason: Please quote selectively as along quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 20:32   #455
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by manku View Post
Thanks. These would be great numbers. Would you mind letting us know which city this is (definitely not BLR given the ex-showroom to OTR differences )

For Bangalore On road prices, you need to add approx 21% to the ex showroom price of Delhi. You will be within 20K plus or minus.
20-30k for the ex showroom difference. 16% road tax, approx 3% insurance and the rest in handling charges, extended warranty, essential fitments etc.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 14th July 2015 at 20:33.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 21:03   #456
BHPian

Cheers BoneCollector and Cheers RavenAvi!

These prices are really quite exciting! I was worried about the 17L figure floating around, but now I don't need to cancel my pre-booking. Woohoo!
vivekh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 21:07   #457
BNM
BHPian

I haven't seen anybody in Bangalore still post any pictures or previews of the Creta at any of the dealer stockyards. Wonder why ? I am being told only 2 display vehicles and 2 TD vehicles will be available per showroom on the 21st and the rest will be allotted in August. Is this true ? Can anybody in Bangalore confirm?
Old 14th July 2015, 23:33   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_m View Post
I parked i20 Active besides Santa Fe and Creta!

This is misleading. It's a photoshop work. Relative size of i20 wrt the other two would be a close approximation at best.
Old 15th July 2015, 00:31   #459
BHPian

Ravenavi - your scoops are really tantalising and good info.
BoneCollector - if the pricing is as you've mentioned then it's going to end up rocking the entire segment (and then some)

Ravenavi: one question on the MID - do you know if the MID on the Creta has average fuel efficiency, trip fuel efficiency etc. that the (old) i20 used to have and was skipped in the elite version upgrades?
turboturtle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 01:49   #460
Senior - BHPian

Couple of pictures from my friend's FB page
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Hyundai Creta-2.jpg  

Latheesh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 08:08   #461
BHPian

Quote:
1. Petrol 1.6 will be available in base, S and S+ variants only with base starting at 7.9L ex-showroom = 8.74L OTR, S @ 8.6L = 9.5L and S+ @ 9.9L = 11L.

2. 1.4 Diesel will also be available in base, S and S+, base @ 8.4L = 9.2L, S @ 9.30L = 10.2L and S+ @ 10.1L = 11.10L.

3. 1.6 Diesel will be available in SX, SX+, SX+AT and SX(O), SX @ 10.3L = 11.3L, SX+ @ 11.2L = 12.3L, SX+AT @ 11.9L = 13.02L and SX(O) @ 11.99 = 13.08L.i
Very enticing pricing indeed. BTW, which part of the country are these OTR prices for? I'll seriously consider relocating

Last edited by pannags : 15th July 2015 at 08:10.
Old 15th July 2015, 09:05   #462
BANNED

Got some more pics in stockyard on Indianautosblog. Check the link

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/07/h...d-spied-183948

If the base and S variant diesel is below 10L, I hope i know which is going to be in ma garage.
Old 15th July 2015, 10:14   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
This is misleading. It's a photoshop work. Relative size of i20 wrt the other two would be a close approximation at best.
Obviously it's a photoshop work dude. How can you expect me to park a car in an unknown location shown in the image. I thought that an 'uncontrollable laughter smiley' was enough to prove that!

Last edited by akash_m : 15th July 2015 at 10:15.
akash_m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 10:16   #464
Senior - BHPian

Awesome pricing. If the pricing is correct, this vehicle is going to redefine the segment. 1.6 AT at that price is very tempting.

Duster, Terrano and Ecosport will have to redefine their offering or go out of business.
Old 15th July 2015, 11:02   #465
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
RavenAvi Sir, Can I request you to get the PCD size for the Creta Wheels. I am guessing it is 114.3 looking at the specs of the Sonata (17") and Elantra(16"). Can you please confirm ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
It is 5*114.3, same as the Elantra, Honda Civic and Accord.
No official word on that yet, but a search shows that both of you are right.

The alloy profile is shared with the 2016 Sonata, and here's the screenshot from wheel-size.com:

Most of the current (2015/16) Hyundai offerings with 5-bolt patterns in their alloys have the same PCD ratio, so you can go ahead with this specification for your upgrade, but I suggest waiting till the car is officially launched and we have the full technical specifications in our hands.

Reason - the 215/60/R17 size seems to be new for Hyundai, so it might have a different PCD ratio.

No reason to doubt it, but better to be safe than sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboturtle View Post
Ravenavi: one question on the MID - do you know if the MID on the Creta has average fuel efficiency, trip fuel efficiency etc. that the (old) i20 used to have and was skipped in the elite version upgrades?
Average Fuel Consumption and Distance to Empty are not present in the Creta, just like the Elite i20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekh15 View Post
I was worried about the 17L figure floating around, but now I don't need to cancel my pre-booking.
Trust me - you are going to love the Creta, and you are going to love the Creta's pricing even more!

-----------------------------------------------------------

The marketing buzz and hype created for the Hyundai Creta was done in a planned and step-by-step manner over the last 45 days, according to Mr. Rakesh Shrivastava, Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Hyundai India.

Among other marketing ploys, the Hyundai Creta will also feature prominently as the official car in Shah Rukh Khan's next big release - "Fan".

ET Auto has the details:

Quote:
The countdown to the launch, though, began 45 days ago when the SUV was christened; five days later its sketches were made public; soon after the product was handed over to automotive experts for review; and this was followed by a crisp, 15-second commercial released on television and social media that was shot in the dark, and teases viewers with frontal and side angle views of the SUV's grille, rear-view mirrors and wheels.

Rakesh Srivastava, senior vice president, sales and marketing, at Hyundai Motor India, says the step-by-step revelations were a conscious strategy to create a buzz. "It's so far worked; we've been able to create five times as much awareness with similar marketing budgets," he lets on.

He adds that the idea is to cater to the demand generated during the auspicious days of festivals, "be it Onam in the south, Ganesh Chaturthi in Maharashtra, leading on to Dussehra and Diwali in the north. "In the past, we missed out on the demand rush of Onam and Ganesh Chaturthi; this advancement (of the launch date) can help," explains Srivastava.

Alpana Parida, president of DY Works, a brand strategy and design agency, is impressed by the strategy. "People who are looking at buying new cars may leverage on the opinion leaders' verdict over claims made by the company. It creates a much more targeted response than carpet bombing."

Hyundai started producing the Creta in June to stock all its 700 outlets across the country. The Creta is critical for the company to achieve its target of growing by 14 per cent in the current year by selling 4.65 lakh units in the domestic market.

Brand Equity learns the company has asked vendors to be prepared for 5,000 to 6,000 units of production in 2015 alone.

Srivastava avers that Hyundai is eyeing leadership in the affordable SUV space. "We think it is a disruptive product, be it in style, safety, features or ride and handling," he says.
Preview: Hyundai Creta-48078152.cms.jpg

ET Auto
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks