Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2015, 11:04   #466
Senior - BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Tweet from Hormazd of Autocar -

Hormazd Sorabjee ‏@hormazdsorabjee 9 minutes ago
Hyundai 10,000 confirmed customers for Creta after 10 day teaser campaign. Huge interest for this compact SUV, name notwithstanding.

-----------------------

Guess Hyundai has another blockbuster here.
I really admire Hyundai for not treating India as a third world country and offering their best products to us with a great feature list and competitive pricing. Way to go! Other manufacturers need to learn from Hyundai.

I guess Duster/Terrano/Ecosport have their task cut out.
Plus, I think the C+ segment sedans are also bound to get affected - City/Verna/Ciaz/Vento etc.

And God save the S-cross unless Maruti prices it much lower.
adimicra is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 13:28   #467
BHPian

For those interested,
The CRETA gets dual horns which are the kinds found in VW cars (the sound is similar to the ones made by Bosch symphony/ Roots Windtone etc)
thealtoman is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 14:20   #468
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The marketing buzz and hype created for the Hyundai Creta was done in a planned and step-by-step manner over the last 45 days, according to Mr. Rakesh Shrivastava, Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Hyundai India.
RavenAvi, your tantalising scoops are also done in a step-by-step manner, which may be either planned or unplanned.

I guess you head straight to the stockyard everyday, before going home. Have the lower variants (Base & S) started arriving at the yard now?

It was nice to see LED DRLs on the Creta. The i20 Active's S & SX variants get LED DRLs and projectors with cornering lamps, and these add tremendous appeal to the crossover hatch. There's no reason to leave them out on the Creta.

Also, Renault may put in DRLs (even if they aren't LEDs) on the Duster facelift, going by the presence of the same on its sibling (Lodgy MPV), so it's better for Hyundai to put in LED DRLs right from the beginning (rather than including them as a reaction).

While they're managing the marketing buzz in a nice, planned manner, I hope the marketing team also provides crucial feedback to the folks who decided the feature list. The otherwise decently loaded S variant sorely misses a driver airbag. Since almost all cars that have been dispatched so far are the SX (& above) variants, I wish they make a correction immediately, and include the much-needed driver airbag on the S variant.

This is crucial and extremely urgent. S variants of the Verna and i20 Active get a driver airbag, and it's very necessary to provide the same on the Creta's S variant. Take note and perform the correction immediately, Hyundai! It's okay for price of the S to go up slightly to include the airbag's cost, but it simply cannot be left out!

Quote:
Average Fuel Consumption and Distance to Empty are not present in the Creta, just like the Elite i20.
Just to add to that, average & instantaneous FE and DTE are not present on the old i20 as well, at least on the facelifted i-gen version. I'm not sure if the pre-facelift version of old i20 has these or not.

Last edited by RSR : 15th July 2015 at 14:35.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 14:40   #469
BNM
BHPian

The front grill without the chrome slats but just with an outline looks so elegant than the production version.
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Hyundai Creta-ixgrill.jpg  

Preview: Hyundai Creta-creta.jpg  

BNM is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 15:04   #470
BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Preview

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by noopster : 15th July 2015 at 16:51.
vivekh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 15:05   #471
Distinguished - BHPian

The Hyundai Creta has generated over 28,500 enquires and over 10,000 confirmed bookings, according to an official Press Release by Hyundai India.

Quote:
Over 10,000 Customers Confirmed Purchase Interest for Hyundai CRETA

No. 154 2015-07-15

New Delhi, July 15, 2015: Hyundai Motor India Ltd, the country’s leading premium car manufacturer and the largest passenger car exporter has received an overwhelming response for the much awaited Global SUV – CRETA.

Before the scheduled Global launch on July 21, 2015, the SUV has already received the highest ever interest to purchase from the customers within 10 days of start of the CRETA teaser campaign.

Rakesh Srivastava, Senior Vice President - Sales & Marketing, Hyundai Motor India expressed, “CRETA has created immense excitement even before its launch with its bold and stylish looks. We are delighted to receive an overwhelming response with over 28,500 enquiries and 10,000 customers showing their interest to live the CRETA life. We thank the customers for their strong belief in Hyundai brand and assure them of our commitment towards meeting their high aspirations on world class quality products."

The acceptance of strong and innovative SUV CRETA demonstrates the success of Modern Premium and New Age Hyundai. This has further strengthened Hyundai as the most loved and trusted brand in India.

He added: "The Global SUV CRETA will herald a new chapter in Hyundai Motor India’s success story and will set a new benchmark in the SUV segment of India with it's unmatched capabilities. With Hyundai’s strong vision for India, we will strengthen our commitment to the Indian market with the launch of CRETA.”
Hyundai India
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 15:41   #472
BHPian

Yes. I don't doubt the number. Both major showrooms in Bangalore told me they have 200+ bookings for the Creta. If Hyundai price this right close to Verna, they will create absolute mayhem in the 10 lac+ segment of the market!

Quote:
The Hyundai Creta has generated over 28,500 enquires and over 10,000 confirmed bookings, according to an official Press Release by Hyundai India.
Bhodrolok is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 15:56   #473
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
The front grill without the chrome slats but just with an outline looks so elegant than the production version.
Well, the base models are not going to get the front chrome grill and nor the hideous chrome rear number plate garnish. It'll be a case where chrome loving base buyers will gladly exchange with the higher models and vice versa.

However the chrome does look much better on the black as seen on one of the spy pictures.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 16:03   #474
BHPian

Quote:
I hope the high demand doesn't motivate Hyundai to hike prices.
Old 15th July 2015, 16:08   #475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post

Spot on buddy. If I were a potential Creta customer, the first thing I would scout for is that grille from the ix25 Concept. It looks so elegant and stylish than the chrome-overloaded triple slat grille in the production version.

By the way, the Creta is creating a ruckus in the compact SUV segment as widely predicted in our forum. That so many people have placed their complete confidence on the product without even knowing the pricing is proof that Hyundai is next only to Maruti-Suzuki when it comes to brand equity and customer confidence. If the prices are kept at a sane level (like what was said a couple of pages back in this thread), I expect a very long waiting list for the Creta. With the Grand i10 sustaining its successful run, the Elite i20 bursting at its seams and now the Creta threatening to beat them both (not in absolute numbers but in terms of earmarked capacity versus actual demand), happy days are ahead for Hyundai India.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 16:45   #476
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

One large Bangalore Dealer was a bit worried. He says around 30% of the bookings are for the AT and he is not sure of the delivery schedule. He is fearing a long waiting time for the AT. I have pre-booked a AT, hopefully I do not have to wait too long.

He confirmed that the Dealership has received 200+ pre-bookings for all the models so far

Cheers

KPS

Last edited by KPS : 15th July 2015 at 16:46.
Old 15th July 2015, 17:20   #477
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
One large Bangalore Dealer was a bit worried. He says around 30% of the bookings are for the AT and he is not sure of the delivery schedule. He is fearing a long waiting time for the AT. I have pre-booked a AT, hopefully I do not have to wait too long.
Birdie drops this bit of juicy info regarding the Creta AT situation:

Quote:
"Production of the Creta Automatic in full swing right now. Expecting dealer despatches by July-end. Customers should start seeing it from first week of August onwards."
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 17:35   #478

Seeking further insights into the Automatic transmission boxes. As reported the Creta will be a 6-speed AT diesel with a 'tiptronic' manual mode, but no paddle shifters or a 'Sport' mode. The Scross also has a 6-speed AT in only one variant. Could the Gurus elaborate on the strengths of the respective AT's with reference to make, characteristics, driveability, reliability, rugedness.
Old 15th July 2015, 17:42   #479
BHPian

Just Got Off The Phone with a Big dealer in Bangalore, Tge Expected Price Quoted by the sales Representative for the SX+ AT and SX(O) MT is around 17L Hope its not the price Hyundai fixes and This dealer is charging me 50k for a booking .
Old 15th July 2015, 17:52   #480
BHPian

Raven by any chance would your Birdie know if AT is going to be launched in the top end version in the near future. Like Tata who launched a fully loaded ZEST AMT after 7 months, I assume Hyundai has a similar plan.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed