Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2015, 18:19   #481
BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

I don't think there is any AT variant planned at least during the launch of the car. All models in S Cross are diesel only with MT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijai_MoCa View Post
The Scross also has a 6-speed AT in only one variant.
Old 15th July 2015, 18:21   #482
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Raven by any chance would your Birdie know if AT is going to be launched in the top end version in the near future. Like Tata who launched a fully loaded ZEST AMT after 7 months, I assume Hyundai has a similar plan.
The Creta ATs which have been despatched to select dealers till now (I am told that around 20-25 have been sent out, 2-3 ATs each to selected dealers) is the SX+ variant.

Production is on right now according to the bookings received (around 45%). No information if there will be a SX(O) AT in the near future.

Spotted by TAI member TraderJunkie in Pune stockyards:

Last edited by RavenAvi : 15th July 2015 at 18:26.
RavenAvi is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 20:14   #483
AWD
BHPian

Raven you have been bringing about timely alerts, great job. The perch seems pretty comfy to get in & out of the vehicle from the above recent pics. Does the driver walk into the car like the Innova ? Compared to Innova because thats the comfiest Ive come across when it comes to ingress/egress.
AWD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 20:48   #484
BNM
BHPian

On Tire Size and Ground Clearance.
Based on the 16" and 17" inch alloys provided on the Creta I used a calculator to find out the Diameter of the Tires. As per this, the 17" alloys has an additional diameter of .67 inches = 17 mm.

As per forums the chinese iX25 which has 17" alloys comes with a claimed 185mm GC. So will the Creta 16" have a GC of 185-17mm = 168 mm ?

Can somebody validate this ?
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Hyundai Creta-capture.jpg  

Old 15th July 2015, 21:02   #485
BHPian

As far my information the indian version has been jacked up to give more ground clearance by tweaking the suspension which also complement the indian road for daily commuting.
As far tyre size is concern, the diameter of both 16 inch and 17 inch will remain same which results in same gc irrespective of trim you choose.
Old 15th July 2015, 21:32   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
I haven't seen anybody in Bangalore still post any pictures or previews of the Creta at any of the dealer stockyards. Wonder why ? I am being told only 2 display vehicles and 2 TD vehicles will be available per showroom on the 21st and the rest will be allotted in August. Is this true ? Can anybody in Bangalore confirm?
Have seen the Creta at two stockyards in Bangalore. There are substantial numbers already present in these two stockyards. Mostly white and red, a few stardust grey and silver. The car looks best in white. Saw all versions except AT.

Have a feeling they will display the white and the red or silver (that's the colour they are using to advertise).
Sam Panch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 22:10   #487
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Something wrong with the last picture. "A" pillar is not black - photoshop ?
BNM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 22:42   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishithrao95 View Post
Just Got Off The Phone with a Big dealer in Bangalore, Tge Expected Price Quoted by the sales Representative for the SX+ AT and SX(O) MT is around 17L Hope its not the price Hyundai fixes and This dealer is charging me 50k for a booking .
Which Bangalore dealer did you go to? I did not like the arrogance displayed by Advaith Hyundai SA and I walked out in less than a minute.
Old 15th July 2015, 23:08   #489
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
The perch seems pretty comfy to get in & out of the vehicle from the above recent pics. Does the driver walk into the car like the Innova ?
Basically, yes. You open the door and walk right into the Creta with a small swoop (I am 6'0").

The height of the car and the doors (from the ground) is just about near-perfect. Ingress/egress should be no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
Something wrong with the last picture. "A" pillar is not black - photoshop ?
Nicely spotted.

Look closely at the A-pillar - it is black underneath! The "whitish" portion is actually the sticker over the car's A-pillar, which hasn't been removed yet.

Trending on Twitter right now:

Last edited by RavenAvi : 15th July 2015 at 23:09.
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 23:47   #490
BHPian

Looking at the tyre and the gap between the ground and the car body, the ground clearance seems to be about 200mm. The gap is about the radius of the tyre. For tyre size of 16", the radius is 203mm. For 17", it should be around 215.
Old 16th July 2015, 01:54   #491
BHPian

Hello all, I managed to visit a Hyundai stockyard for a short TD of the Creta today, I am putting down my opinion about the car, please bear with any discrepancies or shortcomings.The variant I drove was the 1.6 Crdi SX+ Automatic.

Looks : The car has a sturdy SUV like presence in person as well. The roof rails though look a tad overdone and as discussed earlier in this thread the one's from the ix25 would look better, the shark fin antenna also looks like more of an afterthought, imho I would have preffered a neater roof with a more understated hidden antenna and subdued roof rails.(couldnt gather whether the roof rails were usable or not)

The fake side skirts/footrests look and feel solid but could have been a tad more sturdy. Scuff plates come factory fitted(Different for Different variants) and look rather nice for a factory fitment.

On the inside, the car has Dark Grey/Black interiors with touches of beige on the doorpads and the dashboard which were a letdown considering how rich and elegant both the i20's and the Verna's interiors are(ignore faux wood accents).
The huge touchscreen takes up most of the central console and somehow manages to make up for the colour scheme and redeem the interiors. It is an absolute joy to use, responds to soft touches (capacitive), this comes from my previous experience with the XUV's shabby touchscreen. The interface is easy to use and graphics are decent. The stereo has bluetooth telephony and a nifty little feature which allows you to set the volume at which you want the music system to start after turning the car on.

Ride & Handling : Since, I only drove the car for around 500mts, I will put down whatever I felt during this short distance.
The refinement levels earn Hyundai brownie points as minimal engine noise entered the cabin, at idle one could hardly hear the diesel clatter inside.
At the speeds that I drove, the steering of the car felt nimble and soft at low speeds and there were a couple of huge potholes which were tackled with ease and in a completely relaxed manner. The suspension was perfectly taut and had the right combination of comfort and rigidity.

Engine : I owned a 2014 Verna 1.6 SX Auto which had the same 1600cc Diesel engine but was paired with a 4 Speed Transmission as compared to the 6 Speed on the Creta.

I think this transmission change has transformed how the engine performs completely. In the Creta, there was a certain eagerness in the engine to move forward which I never experienced in the Verna. This engine+Transmission combo feels a lot more energetic/responsive as compared to the Verna.

P.S. I spent a few minutes with the car's User Manual and the Manual shifting mode of the Auto tranny gets a Special Mention as a 'Sports Mode'.(Sports Mode also and more popularly refers to a Gear 'S' on the transmission)

All in all, the car is another segment leader in the making and will redeem whatever market share lost by its Sedan twin, the Verna.
Pricing is of prime importance here and probably the reason why Hyundai chose to launch the automatic in the SX+ trim instead of the SX(O).
Going for a white automatic and hoping to get one of the first deliveries, will make a booking tommorow.

Would be happy to answer any queries.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th July 2015 at 15:25. Reason: Added points as requested.
Jag4 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 06:12   #492
BHPian

Jag4, how's the comfort levels at rear - leg/shoulder room, compared to other cars, especially against upcoming scross.
Old 16th July 2015, 06:43   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag4 View Post

Ride & Handling :
At the speeds that I drove, the steering of the car felt nimble and soft at low speeds and there were a couple of huge potholes which were tackled with ease and in a completely relaxed manner. The suspension was perfectly taut and had the right combination of comfort and rigidity.
What about the rear suspension? In my experience the back seat passenger feel the potholes much more than the front row ones, esp. in Hyundai cars. Is that smooth as well?
Old 16th July 2015, 07:35   #494
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
Jag4, how's the comfort levels at rear - leg/shoulder room, compared to other cars, especially against upcoming scross.
When I had gone to check it, I sat in middle of rear seat and made 2 others sit on either side. Definitely its not as spacious as Duster but there was no shoulder rubbing. And it has good under thigh support. Please note, I'm 5'6" with broad shoulders.

For my height, I will not say I walked into the car but I had to kind of climb into it, although not like Scorpio. But somehow, its OK.

I have made up my mind for Petrol SX+ though I am not happy to miss side/curtain airbags. I will wait for next year due to some issues at hand, and in meantime who knows they launch a SX(O) in petrol? My running is less so a Diesel is not at all required. Infact I calculated that if I take SX+ (as per today's availability), I save over 2L INR which in fuel transforms to nearly 2500liters. Considering that petrol will give a worst FE of 10kmpl, I can still drive for 25000Kms with that money. Maintenance costs will be there for both engines so I'm not taking that into account. And with my current running, it might be 5000KMS per year. So maybe a 5 year head start for me with petrol engine.

I'm eagerly waiting for a detailed review.

Mods: Is it possible to upload the reviews of new vehicles in pdf format so that we download it and read it. There are places where internet is not available and we need to kill time.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 16th July 2015 at 07:57.
BoneCollector is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 08:31   #495
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sngautam View Post
Looking at the tyre and the gap between the ground and the car body, the ground clearance seems to be about 200mm. The gap is about the radius of the tyre. For tyre size of 16", the radius is 203mm. For 17", it should be around 215.
You cannot just go by the radius of the tyre. My Verna has 16 inch alloys but the GC is just 163mm. It depends on how low sprung the suspension is.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks