Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2015, 06:24   #541
BANNED

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Source: http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...-launch/22508/

Is this info correct? Prices starts from 9.1L?
Old 17th July 2015, 07:22   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post

If this is the price, I'm out as OTR in Bangalore will cross 17L. Better to put in additional 1L and buy XUV W8 or W10.

But I sincerely hope this is incorrect and the prices are as mentioned by RavenAvi few pages back.
Old 17th July 2015, 07:23   #543
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post

I dont think so. The price list I have starts way lower than that, infact I had mentioned the same earlier but there have been different quotes coming from different places. So i'm uploading the price list as I feel that looking at that, more people might go in for Creta than at present. This was handed out to me by dealer, though I cannot vouch for its exactness if Hyundai acts smart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvk84 View Post

In another note, why is Road-tax not included in the On-Road price?
Price includes insurance and registration (Road Tax). Ya, its that cheaper in this part of our country.

Sorry for my poor editing skills.
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Hyundai Creta-_20150714_164925.jpg  

Last edited by BoneCollector : 17th July 2015 at 07:50.
BoneCollector is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 07:32   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I dont think so...
This price-list looks more believable. A tad higher than Verna, but low enough to kill the Duster.

In another note, why is Road-tax not included in the On-Road price?
Old 17th July 2015, 07:47   #545
BHPian

Autocarindia expects Creta to be priced marginally higher than Duster, ex-showroom basis. Here's a list of their estimated prices http://m.autocarindia.com/Article.aspx?CIID=396308&type=News
Base petrol starts at 8.6 lakhs going upto 11.3 lakhs for the SX+ . Diesel 1.4 ranges from 9.5 lakhs to 11.5 lakhs. Diesel 1.6 is expected to be priced between 11.9 lakhs to 14.1 lakhs for the top end. AT's estimated prices is 14 lakhs and is only on the SX+ trim and seems to support the argument that Hyundai wanted to keep a check on the price range at launch. Don't quite agree with the strategy but seems to be the prevailing thought I guess
Old 17th July 2015, 08:27   #546
AWD
BHPian

Due to huge interest garnered by the Vehicle prior to launch, expect the Company to price it higher than expectations, Hyundai will mostly demand a premium for this vehicle. Actually this is what the Auto Companies do, don't they ?

On the bright side, this could translate into some big discounts on the Duster & the Eco-sport too. Will also keep Maruti Scross pricing in check.
Old 17th July 2015, 08:57   #547
BANNED

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by GTO : 17th July 2015 at 14:29.
sandy0904 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 17th July 2015, 09:54   #548
Distinguished - BHPian

Seeing all these different prices, I feel some of it is a deliberate leak by Hyundai (especially the ones appearing on the automotive sites) to gauge the reaction at different price points. I feel the prices listed by bhpians 'BoneCollector' and 'RavenAvi' look the most realistic. But considering the interest and pre-bookings the car has generated, I would not be surprised if Hyundai pushes up the prices a little bit more that what they initially intended. Or they may be going the Ecosport way. Launch at mouth watering prices and then jack up the price couple of times in the first 3-4 months.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 09:59   #549
BHPian

If they price it higher they may never go beyond the initial 10k bookings. At a zero - 3k cancelkation fee the existing bookings will disappear too. Regardless of initial hype they have to build a sustainable business in a very competitive marketplace. Its not like this is an out of the box product which will create a new market for itself. If they have to dominate the market with this product offering they have to keep their feet on the ground and nose and brains close to it too. not in the clouds. am sure they have thought of it all
Wheeliej is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 10:19   #550
BHPian

Quote:
I dont think so. The price list I have starts way lower than that, infact I had mentioned the same earlier but there have been different quotes coming from different places. So i'm uploading the price list as I feel that looking at that, more people might go in for Creta than at present. This was handed out to me by dealer, though I cannot vouch for its exactness if Hyundai acts smart.

Price includes insurance and registration (Road Tax). Ya, its that cheaper in this part of our country.

Looks fake to me. All ex-showroom prices are ending with 3 zeros. That's easily an approximation. For example, here is how the Verna prices look like in Bangalore.
Quote:
1.8L Dual VTVT 6-Speed Manual S 1,438,319
1.8L Dual VTVT 6-Speed Manual SX 1,568,475
1.8L Dual VTVT 6-Speed Automatic SX 1,679,238
Old 17th July 2015, 10:50   #551
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Looks fake to me. All ex-showroom prices are ending with 3 zeros. That's easily an approximation. For example, here is how the Verna prices look like in Bangalore.
Maybe you are correct. We can never be sure till the car is launched. Thats why I was skeptical with prices but since it was given by dealer, might hold true as introductory prices.

I guess you have quoted prices of Elantra as the engine variants are 1.8L.
Old 17th July 2015, 11:17   #552
BHPian

I think for anyone who has been observing Hyundai's recent positioning and pricing, Creta's supposed pricing should not come as a surprise.

There was a significant void below Santa Fe and they would be trying to plug the gap with one more "premium" offering. May be they don't want to go head on with the Dusters and EcoSports of this world but instead position the Creta as a viable alternative to CRV and the Yeti (4x2)!!
Old 17th July 2015, 11:20   #553
BHPian

Though I would love to see the prices than raven has put up, and hoping (read praying, standing on one leg etc...) that those are true. But, a little voice inside me whom I am trying to ignore, says that pricing maybe closer to Autocar's article.
There are several reasons for this, and now this is in the area of pure speculation, but nevertheless here are my 2 cents ..

1. engine + transmission combo generally has the most impact on the pricing - now this is the exact same combination as in Elantra which sells for 21L in Hyderabad. So getting Creta under 14L OTR is going to kill Elantra, which I doubt they will do. Considering they recently re-launched this brand in India, after its global success.
2. As it seems pretty much confirmed that Automatic will not come in top-end SX(O) variant rather a variant lower. Now, this is a deviation from Standard Hyundai model, or any other manufacturer in India, except Suzuki which has been doing automatic only in mid variants. But, if the pricing had been around 13-14L OTR, then having a top of the line SX(O) automatic was surely possible, considering that it would still be cheaper most D segment automatics, and still offer class leading features. However, if the price is in-line with autocar 17L OTR for Creta automatic, throwing a top of the line SX(o) would make little sense as Octavia's, Corolla and Jetta's start coming in, which still command a premium. Also, XUV W10-AWD with all the bells, whistles and what not.

Again ..I hope my logic is wrong and raven is right.. but then it sounds too utopian..

Last edited by jha.shailesh : 17th July 2015 at 11:28.
jha.shailesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 11:23   #554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If this is the actual price list, RIP to Duster/Terrano and lot of XUV, Scorpio, S cross and anything in and around this range will go to Creta.

Duster/Terrano will look so BARE bone to the buyer, that Nissan/Renault would actually be advertising the CRETA by showing people their twins in the showroom.
Old 17th July 2015, 11:45   #555
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Autocar India has confirmed that the Creta prices will start from Rs 9.14 lakhs to Rs 14.53 lakhs Ex-showroom Pune.

They have compared the prices to that of the Renault Duster. Attaching a pic of the same.

Source: Autocar India

Name:  Creta.png
Views: 5442
Size:  43.7 KB

Last edited by Aditya : 17th July 2015 at 18:10. Reason: Inserting image
//M is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks