Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2015, 11:50   #556
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Autocar India has confirmed that the Creta prices will start from Rs 9.14 lakhs to Rs 14.53 lakhs Ex-showroom Pune.

They have compared the prices to that of the Renault Duster. Attaching a pic of the same.

Source: Autocar India
I have noticed that they have been constantly updating this page since it went live a couple of days back, and are now very confident that these ARE the real prices ex-Pune.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 11:50   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Autocar India has confirmed that the Creta prices will start from Rs 9.14 lakhs to Rs 14.53 lakhs Ex-showroom Pune.

They have compared the prices to that of the Renault Duster. Attaching a pic of the same.

I think this was posted here yesterday (Pg 35) and the guys at Autocar changed the figures a bit after the response.

Something tells me that the prices are a guesstimate.

Like the saying goes in Cricket, its not over till the last ball has been bowled, so this dilly-dallying will continue until July 21st!

Last edited by batterylow : 17th July 2015 at 12:08. Reason: Additional data
batterylow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 12:00   #558
Distinguished - BHPian

Actually the base Duster 85 RXE is so basic it should be left out of the chart altogether and comparison should start from the RXL to give the real picture.

If the Creta ride is even 80% of the Duster, buyers will simply drop the former from their minds altogether.
Old 17th July 2015, 12:03   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I dont think so. The price list I have starts way lower than that, infact I had mentioned the same earlier but there have been different quotes coming from different places. So i'm uploading the price list as I feel that looking at that, more people might go in for Creta than at present. This was handed out to me by dealer, though I cannot vouch for its exactness if Hyundai acts smart.

Price includes insurance and registration (Road Tax). Ya, its that cheaper in this part of our country.

Sorry for my poor editing skills.
Wow... hope this list stands when it is launched :-). It should clearly dominate any hatch/suv/sedan in this price range given our craze for mini suv's. Would pull customers from a wider range of segments.
Old 17th July 2015, 12:08   #560
BHPian

For all of us hoping that prices would be lower than Verna equivalent variant, need to tone down expectations. The optimists in us can continue to do so.

Hyundai has never played the price card and will not do so in this case too. Come to think of it, the i20 Active in SX trim costs north of 10.5 lakh in Mumbai. This is with the car getting all benefits of excise duty (sub 4 mtr and less than 1.5 ltr engine).

How can they price the 1.4 version of Creta anywhere near by? Why will they shoot themselves in the foot by pricing it below the Verna? It will definitely be higher priced!

Within its own siblings - the Lodgy and Duster, the Duster offers less but is priced more. Why? Purely because its an SUV and they can afford to do so. This will be the case with Hyundai too.

PS: All of us bashing Safari / Scorpio / XUV for being over priced (other factors aside) need to think long and hard now.
Aragorn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 12:16   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jha.shailesh View Post
I am seeing the same here as well, Kun Hyundai in Hyderabad refused to take my booking if I didn't cough out 1L. And while I was booking with Talwar with 50K, I was coldly asked to go the counter on first floor and pay. No SA or anybody assisted me.
Unfortunate to hear the experience Shailesh. I booked my car on July 4th with Lakshmi Hyundai, Himayat Nagar, Hyderabad. They assigned a Sales Rep to me. The Sales Rep called up to take an appointment in advance, followed it up the day morning and was available at the show room to receive me. I paid 50K by check with Rs 1000/- booking cancellation fee. The Sales Rep completed a formal documentation and handed over a copy to me. He had been very responsive. A completely different experience.

On Pricing part, I am really keeping the fingers crossed - if SX(O) OTR is beyond INR 15L / 15.5L, people would go back to the existing offers from the competitors. It is still a price sensitive market.

Last edited by Eddy : 17th July 2015 at 12:24. Reason: fixing quote
jeetaman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 12:26   #562
BHPian

Can someone please reconfirm the avn 7" on the AT? Page 53 has a pic with the navigation screen on. Dealer not sure.
Old 17th July 2015, 12:27   #563
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations, RavenAvi! Wish you many, many miles of delightful and happy ownership!

I hope you get your Creta handed over to you on the launch day itself, as the celebrity first customer in your state, one of the first in the whole country, and the first on Team-BHP too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Team,

Please don't pay any attention to the comparos posted by Autocar India these days. They are starting to ride the waves of popular incoming launches and throw out any sort of numbers & comparos so that they could cash in on the spotlight.
I do hope the prices posted by you (which are about the same as those shared by BoneCollector) prove to be correct eventually!

Autocar India have been changing the numbers on that page frequently. They first posted speculative prices, then kept changing them constantly, and are now claiming they've got the ex-showroom prices. It looks like they're bent on attracting more traffic to their website, rather than getting their accuracy correct.

Last edited by RSR : 17th July 2015 at 12:29.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 12:45   #564
Senior - BHPian

Like I wrote earlier, Hyundai clearly seem to be floating around 2 sets of price lists to gauge online consumer responses. Because we have official dealer handed out lists being uploaded, whilst at the same time the dealers are reading off from a different price list indicating higher prices (which were not supposed to be revealed to the customer). [Sounded to me like hyundai trained them to use the list and say so (or) they're using their dealers to also gauge responses without their knowledge].

So ultimately, Hyundai, as you can see from the member feedback and responses here, around and under 11.8L ex-showroom price for top 1.6 diesel SX(O) is preferred/acceptable and 14.xL ex-showroom price for the same engine & variant is (largely) not. Even by a supposed enthusiast crowd. So there you have it, summed up for you, Hyundai.

Yes! We know you're watching here.
k_ajay is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 13:03   #565
BHPian

IMHO, these two set of prices just few days before launch can mean only one thing. They just want to delight us on the day of the launch (In case you didn't know, I am an optimist : )
raghav135 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 14:19   #566
Senior - BHPian

Adding some more spice to the price speculation
Lets compare Duster/Terrano (which happens to be the primary target) and Creta.

Duster Petrol Ex-Showroom price is I believe 8.3(which recently got reduced to 7.9) in Bangalore. Now Creta also comes with 1.6L and is above 4 metre, which means does not qualify for excise cut. So both are even. Creta gets more equipment. So a slight premium over Duster is acceptable. Unless Hyundai wants to launch with introductory price tag, it ain't going to undercut Duster.

Diesel Creta also should cost more than Duster, but 1.4 qualifies for excise cut. Hence additional feature gets compensated by duty cut. But if Creta Petrol is say 8.0 lacs ex-showroom, base diesel should be at least 8.9.

Terrano has unrealistic prices. So unless Hyundai is overconfident, I don't expect Creta to be priced anywhere closer.
Terrano is going to be the most impacted. They will have to Google their customers.

Ecosport would also face the heat, though to smaller extent as it would be minimum of 1.5 lacs cheaper than Creta.
Old 17th July 2015, 14:21   #567
BHPian

Quote:

I don't mind 16 L on-road (that's how much it will come to in Hyderabad I expect) for a fully loaded 2WD softroader. I don't mind paying a little bit more even. However, the current SX AT model has significant compromises which no amount of chrome can hide What would have been a no-brainer decision has become an agonizing one. I am veering back to the EcoSport AT. It need not have been so.

Does anyone have any info on whether the AT will be launched in the top end trim ever? I see some rumours on 4WD / AWD already, but none about AT in top end trim with the enhanced, active, safety features.
Old 17th July 2015, 14:30   #568
Senior - BHPian

So Hyundai if your seeing this. We all believe that if its 11.5 lakhs for the SX(O) we will book the Creta. If it's 14 lakhs we will all be exCreta. Uncontrol!!

On a serious note.I honestly fell that the Creta is a great buy at 14-14.5 lakhs OTR. Anything above that is not acceptable for something that is C Segment. Hyundai will thread dangerously close to comparisons with the XUV.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 14:32   #569
Senior - BHPian

Oh my god!!

This thread is filling up very quick.
I think Creta will be a blockbuster.

My source in Hyundai tells me that the on road price for diesel AT will be close to 15 lakhs on road and hence the 6 airbag varient will not be available at launch.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 17th July 2015 at 14:35.
Old 17th July 2015, 14:35   #570
Senior - BHPian

At Rs 14 lakhs ( Ex Showroom), for the top variant in 1.6 , I find the vehicle over priced. It is without features like AWD and has limited pace. While it is well finished and has decent 1.6 L engine, it is too close to the price of bigger vehicles like XUV 500 W8 and Storme VX 4WD.

I believe it will pull majority of the sales with 1.4 L and lower priced variants unlike XUV 500 where most buyers opt for the W8.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed