Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2015, 15:03   #571
BHPian

Pricing and Marketing

Speculate a high price, much higher than expected. Then announce the launch at lower prices, but higher than optimum. Customers would find it as a bargain and go for it. Nice ploy by hyundai marketing team.
What do you call this pricing strategy? (to the MBAs in tbhp)

Creta was not at all in my consideration. I thought it would be priced near 13 Lacs OTR - 1 lac more than the Verna. Then I heard that prices would be close to 16 L OTR. Now even if Hyundai prices it at 14 L OTR (13 lacs would be the ideal price) I would feel that it is a bargain and would go for it.

Is that the same ploy played by maruti for the S Cross. The SA told me that the 1.6 would be priced close to 14.5 L OTR.If they announce it at say 13.5, I would feel that it is a bargain.
sandygordon is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 15:16   #572
BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
So Hyundai if your seeing this. We all believe that if its 11.5 lakhs for the SX(O) we will book the Creta. If it's 14 lakhs we will all be exCreta. Uncontrol!!

On a serious note.I honestly fell that the Creta is a great buy at 14-14.5 lakhs OTR. Anything above that is not acceptable for something that is C Segment. Hyundai will thread dangerously close to comparisons with the XUV.
+1 - Am looking at buying a car by end of this year / early next year. Top contenders right now (with safety being the top priority, followed, of course, by affordability) are
  1. Ford Ecosport (1.5 TDCI Titanium)
  2. Hyundai Creta (1.6 CRDI SX(O)
  3. Hyundai Verna (1.6 CDRI SX(O)

Although the reported pricing look good (I should say too good to be true ) I am not entirely sure about this - the top end Creta SX(O) is just about 10-15 k costlier than the Verna (which ex-showroom Bangalore is 11.75 lakhs); this would end up cannibalizing on their own.
Old 17th July 2015, 15:27   #573
BHPian

I spoke to a delaer from Trident Hyundai in Bangalore and most of the bookings they have received is for AT version only - more than 60%.

On Pricing - personllay, i have been following this car since its beijing launch and havent gone for Duster/XUV 500 - as i loved the IX25 and now the Creta.

Honestly, if the pricing is subtanitially higher than Renault and ride quality is lower than Duster - It will be hard but will make me think of Duster and some really good discounts from them.
Old 17th July 2015, 15:45   #574
BHPian

Has anyone got hold of Creta in Blue color?

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th July 2015 at 19:25. Reason: Vid posted earlier in post #502 of this thread. Duplicate link removed :)
mrbaddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 16:32   #575
BHPian

Hello Friends, After reading in here went to the dealer. Didn't find SA's attitude to be indifferent. Rather i was given seat and water . I insisted that they would have recieved creta as per online forum ( thanks to team BHP ). On much insistence he finally took me to third floor of showroom and in one corner there was this white beauty called Creta. trust me those who haven't seen it, you are going to be bowled over by the looks. The are simply amazing. The tall stance it takes and side lines all fall perfect in place. The chrome plate at the back indeed look little out of place, but i think its matter of time before people will get use to it. Unfortunately he didnt allow me to sit inside. Nevertheless i feel that if the functioning of this car is perfect, it will be a force to recon with in this segment.
akshatmangal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 16:47   #576
Distinguished - BHPian

The Official e-brochure of the Creta is out, team.

Here you go:
(Click on the images to open in a *NEW* window)

Preview: Hyundai Creta-01.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-02.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-03.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-04.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-05.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-06.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-07.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-08.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-09.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-10.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-11.jpg

Official e-brochure can be downloaded from here - LINK

Last edited by RavenAvi : 17th July 2015 at 17:03.
RavenAvi is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 16:51   #577
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Official e-brochure of the Creta is out, team.

Here you go:

Attachment 1393100

Attachment 1393101

Official e-brochure can be downloaded from here - LINK
Amazing RavenAvi. You are the Creta Man !!!!!
Old 17th July 2015, 16:59   #578
Senior - BHPian

Raven, I see that SX AT variant has no chrome handles. Do they sell chrome handles as accessories? I'm a chrome lover. Call me bling or whatever. Ok, not excess but it is must on door handles. For me. And any idea if the AT displays what gear you are in. I mean like D1, D2, D3... etc.
Old 17th July 2015, 17:05   #579
BHPian

No ground clearance or boot space numbers in the brochure. Its almost as if Hyundai considers them a big secret!
Old 17th July 2015, 17:06   #580
BHPian

hyundai guys have really played it smart. every petrol buyer has no option but to opt for SX+ and every 1.6 diesel buyer has to atleast buy SX. i Suppose these 2 should be their hottest selling variants.
Old 17th July 2015, 17:07   #581
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Raven, I see that SX AT variant has no chrome handles. Do they sell chrome handles as accessories? I'm a chrome lover. Call me bling or whatever. Ok, not excess but it is must on door handles. For me. And any idea if the AT displays what gear you are in. I mean like D1, D2, D3... etc.
SX+AT has chrome handles as per the brochure.
BNM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 17:18   #582
BHPian

Still no mention of the ground clearance. What's up with the secrecy? Are they planning on changing it at the last moment?
Old 17th July 2015, 17:19   #583
Senior - BHPian

3 Years Unlimited Kilometre Warranty is something very good. Most manufacturers offer 2 year warranty. Strategy seems pretty clear, with 1.6 Petrol and 1.4 CRDi they want to compete with Ecosport and 85PS Duster, while 1.6 CRDi will go head on with Terrano and Duster 110.
To me Hyundai can start celebrating victory . This is most probably going to be second best seller for Hyundai after i20.
PrideRed is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 17:26   #584
BHPian

I am looking at the 1.6 Diesel SX variant and if its priced very very close to 10 lacs ex showroom, then we have a winner. I will happily switch my booking from the Jazz to Creta.

Do we have Karlsson/Stanley like alternatives in Delhi NCR? SX does not have leather even on the steering, that would need some fixing.
Old 17th July 2015, 17:38   #585
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
I am looking at the 1.6 Diesel SX variant and if its priced very very close to 10 lacs ex showroom, then we have a winner. I will happily switch my booking from the Jazz to Creta.

Do we have Karlsson/Stanley like alternatives in Delhi NCR? SX does not have leather even on the steering, that would need some fixing.
Stanley won't do the leather steering citing that it could create problem for the airbags.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks