Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2015, 17:38   #586
BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

OK it looks like the prices are out, someone grabbed the price sheet from a pune dealer and posted on autocar forums it seems, Autocar already blogged about it. Pricing looks a bit on the higher side, i guess many would be dissapointed with top of the line 1.6 diesel going north of 16L now

Source
Attached Images

autohead115 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 17:41   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
Stanley won't do the leather steering citing that it could create problem for the airbags.
How can covering the RIM of the wheel cause airbag issues. Anyway, they might have this policy.

I am sure other people/companies do it.
Old 17th July 2015, 17:44   #588
Senior - BHPian

If the pricing is too high, people might discover that Duster is not that bad afterall other than the interior and features Renault might add them and make it interesting with a 4x4 on offer.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 18:01   #589
BHPian

Petrol SX+ at 11.79 lakhs would be crazy price. I hope they are wrong again.
Old 17th July 2015, 18:04   #590
Senior - BHPian

As per the brochure, the 1 GB internal memory in not available for SX+ and SX(O). Then how is the user supposed to play music? There isnt a CD player also. Isnt there music player? The brochure (p7) shows that one can watch movies, but how, if there is no CD player OR USB support? Also, can one watch movies while on the move?

The supervision cluster is only on SX(O), then what will SX+ get? No mention of that either !
tanwaramit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 18:10   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autohead115 View Post
OK it look......

It this is the price, I expect a lot of the bookings to be cancelled.
This price will also give the S Cross some breathing room.
Most Maruti offerings are priced sensibly and I hope they remain that way!

All said and done, its better to wait for the 21st to hear the news from the horse's mouth.

Last edited by batterylow : 17th July 2015 at 18:23. Reason: Additional data
Old 17th July 2015, 18:13   #592
Senior - BHPian

Bit confusing why Hyundai hasn't got a top of the line AT on offer, i.e, sx(o). Admittedly it would be pretty expensive, but I would want to have that option. Biggest grouse about the SX+ is the lack of safety equipment in comparison to the sx(o). And then there's this weird fact that the sx(o) doesn't get 60:40 rear seats (and a child seat anchor too) while the lower sx+ does!

But overall, looks promising, if a little pricey. Conversely, it does seem to be offering a fair bit more than the Duster/Terrano, so maybe the pricing is justified. Will reserve judgement till I see and drive it myself.
razor4077 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 18:13   #593
BHPian

Variant wise comparison:

Base vs S:
Preview: Hyundai Creta-creta-01-base-vs-s.jpg

S vs S+:
Preview: Hyundai Creta-creta-02-s-vs-s-plus.jpg

S+ vs SX:
Preview: Hyundai Creta-creta-03-s-plus-vs-sx.jpg

SX vs SX+:
Preview: Hyundai Creta-creta-04-sx-vs-sx-plus.jpg

SX+ vs SX(O):
Preview: Hyundai Creta-creta-05-sx-plus-vs-sxo.jpg

For Petrol Lovers to compare the top two variants in Petrol
S vs SX+:
Preview: Hyundai Creta-creta-06-s-vs-sx-plus.jpg

For people who are not interested in the features additionally offered in S+ version, but want to compare the features between S and SX. (Remember you'll get 1.6 CRDi in place of 1.4 CRDi along with the below feature differences)
S vs SX:
Preview: Hyundai Creta-creta-07-s-vs-sx.jpg

All details extracted from the official brochure from Hyundai website.

Thanks CM (Creta Man , you all know whom) for sharing the Brochure.

I'm also attaching the Excel version for ease of any other customized comparison you may want to make.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Creta Variants.xlsx (27.7 KB, 1121 views)

Last edited by mrbaddy : 17th July 2015 at 18:32. Reason: Added details for S vs SX+ and S vs SX comparison
mrbaddy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 18:19   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autohead115 View Post
OK it looks like the prices are out, someone grabbed the price sheet from a pune dealer and posted on autocar forums it seems, Autocar already blogged about it. Pricing looks a bit on the higher side, i guess many would be dissapointed with top of the line 1.6 diesel going north of 16L now
I don't understand this, there are 3 sets of prices shown. Compare the first two sets.

See the 1.4D Base: First set @ 9,99,112 < the second set @ 10,08,450.
Now see the 1.6SXO: First set @ 14,53,106 > Second set @ 14,39,775 (Comparing ex-showroom prices)

So the base is costlier in the second set and top end costlier in the first set? I was guessing these are prices for different cities, but then why no uniformity in the price differences, across the variants? Am I seeing the figures wrong?
Old 17th July 2015, 18:19   #595
Senior - BHPian

Seeing the unbelievable hype everyone was making around the car on all online platforms, I was pretty sure Hyundai would get the confidence to price it waaaayy above the competition.

The mid level Diesel Auto variant is priced more than even the 4WD Scorpio Auomatic!! (Not a very accurate comparison, since prices of the creta are ex Pune, vs ex Delhi for the Scorp, but still should be similar or more)

Another point to keep in mind is that, While everyone is screaming from the rooftops about Skoda/VW service Costs, I've realized from ,my i20 CRDi, that Hyundais are VERY expensive to maintain(for a korean car), and long term reliability is still lil iffy. I had a ton of replacements in my car, and the turbo started drinking oil, at 57k kms. The same was the experience of 6 other first batch i20 owners who I personally know.

This might sell well, but I feel this is taking things a lil too much. 17Lakh for a mid spec Hyundai, Ill pass, Thank you.

Hope Maruti is not carried away by this and prices the S-Cross sensibly. If they do, they will have another bestseller on their hands!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
Variant wise comparison:
No Cruise Control even at these silly prices?

Last edited by JayD : 17th July 2015 at 18:32.
JayD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 18:23   #596
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
How can covering the RIM of the wheel cause airbag issues. Anyway, they might have this policy.

I am sure other people/companies do it.
Most of the steering covers are stitched on after removing the steering wheel. If the model has airbags, then this could potentially result in issues if the leather steering cover installers remove the steering wheel ?
Old 17th July 2015, 18:25   #597
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the prices, the 1.6 Diesel SX(O) would be 16.5L OTR Pune . SCross would get a lot of field to play around if this pricing becomes reality !!
Old 17th July 2015, 18:29   #598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Most of the steering covers are stitched on after removing the steering wheel. If the model has airbags, then this could potentially result in issues if the leather steering cover installers remove the steering wheel ?
The installer must be worried about the potential for the airbag getting triggered while undoing its connectors or something. Though logically the crash sensor is supposed to indicate a collision before the airbag inflates, it is better to be safe than sorry.
Old 17th July 2015, 18:31   #599
BHPian

If this (new) price list is the real one, it is a bit more than the XUV W8 (which is 14.28 lakhs ex-showroom Bangalore); heck, it's actually uncomfortably close to the Tata Safari Storme (VX 4X4 which costs around 14.55 lakhs ex-showroom Bangalore) - and these are bigger, better & can take more off-roading than Creta IMO. I can foresee quite a bit of booking cancellations if these prices turn out to be the actual ones.

It's another matter altogether that there are multiple versions of the "real" prices that are floating around! Well, I guess it's another 4 days to go before we see the "real" real prices.
Old 17th July 2015, 18:34   #600
BHPian

Here you go Creta Brochure and official link
Hyundai Creta Ebrochure
2015_Creta_ebrochure_1437059089859-compressed.pdf

Last edited by malgudi : 17th July 2015 at 18:36.
malgudi is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed