Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2015, 12:35   #691
BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
If Driving pleasure is your main requirement go for the Diesel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The 1.6L diesel, absolutely.

But let me tell you, the 1.6L petrol is no slouch.
Thanks for your inputs guys! As much as I love the free-revving nature of a petrol engine, I'll go for the diesel motor this time around. I'm just a little worried about the response at the lower segment before the turbo kicks in, but I guess I will only get the real taste when I do the TD (hopefully tomorrow!). My running per month will be much less than 1000kms, and if the petrol was available in the SX(O), then then it would have been a no brainer, but for now with the options at hand, I think it's time to taste some diesel! I can't wait for another 5-6 months hoping for a SX(O) petrol!

Less than 24 hrs to go now, can't wait!

EDIT: Bookmark this page: http://hyundai.vsworld.com/ to view the live feed of the launch event tomorrow

Last edited by vivekh15 : 20th July 2015 at 13:03. Reason: Added link
vivekh15 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 13:05   #692
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
But comparing with Q3's premium ness is a bit extreme.
The Audi is actually a bit disappointing, interior quality-wise. Where it shines is that excellent, torquey engine which is music to the ears!

Hence my reference to the Creta as a mini-Q3. Both belong to completely separate worlds, pricing and segment-wise, but the Creta can be assumed to be the working man's Q3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Would you say the ride comfort is superior to that of the Renault Dusters?
No chance. Riding comfort and rear seat space is the best in the Duster. Period. No other segment offering comes close to that.

But, the Creta is a close 2nd to the Duster in terms of riding comfort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekh15 View Post
My running per month will be much less than 1000kms, and if the petrol was available in the SX(O), then then it would have been a no brainer, but for now with the options at hand, I think it's time to taste some diesel!
Evaluate all the differences (specially pertaining to your usage) between both fuel types carefully.

If your running is much less than 1000 kms per month and you feel certain that you won't clock 7,000-8,000 kms in a year, then it would make no sense to go for the diesel. There is not much to differentiate between the power figures of both engines, and you would have to extensively hit the highways/expressways to make full use of the torque on tap. In extensive city conditions, the petrol is a hoot to drive.

The extra 1.35-1.50 lakhs invested in the equivalent diesel could give you MUCH better returns if invested in a bank FD. In case of the SX(O), this difference can mount to a steep 2.50-2.75 lakhs!! A car is a depreciating asset, and the more it's initial cost is, the more it depreciates over the years.

Do take long TDs of both versions after the launch, and weigh in all other factors when considering your final choice for purchase. Good luck in deciding!
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 13:22   #693
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvik6 View Post
I have already booked the Creta in Delhi but I am still undecided on the motor & variant. I would have loved to get the Petrol Sx(O) but I don't want to wait for another year hoping for the same so I have swayed towards the Diesel motor solely for this reason. I only do max 1k per month in travel but I am getting this car in hopes of going for more long travels with my family in the coming years. Any one wants to share their experience with both engines please give me advice. Just would like to add that I am what I consider a car enthusiast and enjoy driving however long regardless traffic conditions. Sorry if I have gotten off topic in any regard.
Like I have said in Post #683, If you are a driving enthusiast go for the Diesel. Do the TD of the Petrol and Diesel Creta back and back and I am sure you will get addicted to the torque on the Diesel motor (this is based on my Verna experience purely and I am not judging any other car in any other segment).

Another reason is, I am sure the Creta will be atleast 200 Kgs heavier than the Verna (looking at its size) though it is not mentioned in the brochure and the Diesel may do a better job than the Petrol (Even the elantra has the verna 1.6 diesel plonked in it while the petrol Elantra is 1.8 and not the 1.6 petrol from the verna)
BNM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 14:42   #694
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekh15 View Post

My running per month will be much less than 1000kms, and if the petrol was available in the SX(O), then then it would have been a no brainer, but for now with the options at hand, I think it's time to taste some diesel! I can't wait for another 5-6 months hoping for a SX(O) petrol!
I'm quoting my reply which I had posted a few pages earlier. If your running is less, petrol makes a sensible option due to points mentioned here. But as you are also looking for fully loaded with safety features variant, as of now we are aware of only SX+ in petrol with 2 airbags only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post

I have made up my mind for Petrol SX+ though I am not happy to miss side/curtain airbags. I will wait for next year due to some issues at hand, and in meantime who knows they launch a SX(O) in petrol? My running is less so a Diesel is not at all required. Infact I calculated that if I take SX+ (as per today's availability), I save over 2L INR which in fuel transforms to nearly 2500liters. Considering that petrol will give a worst FE of 10kmpl, I can still drive for 25000Kms with that money. Maintenance costs will be there for both engines so I'm not taking that into account. And with my current running, it might be 5000KMS per year. So maybe a 5 year head start for me with petrol engine.
I got a call today inviting me to the launch of this vehicle in my town tomorrow at 4PM. Let's see where it pits amongst others after less than 24hrs from now.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 14:47   #695
Senior - BHPian

Something tells me Renault, Nissan, Ford and Maruti Suzuki are all awaiting with bated breath for tomorrow's Creta launch, more than all of us.

If higher prices do come true, I hope it starts raining crazy high discounts on the Terrano and Duster.

Last edited by k_ajay : 20th July 2015 at 14:48.
Old 20th July 2015, 15:37   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
If higher prices do come true, I hope it starts raining crazy high discounts on the Terrano and Duster.
Do you mean lower prices? If Creta is priced higher, it might not affect Duster and Terrano as much. If, on the other hand, Creta is cheaper, then Duster and Terrano, will take a huge hit and discounts might follow.
sngautam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 16:27   #697
BHPian

Folks in less than 24 hours we will know the prices, lets not speculate on the same anymore.

Test drives should also be available tomorrow and all of us should be able to check it in person. I intend to do a long test drive with my family on Saturday before initiating the loan process.
Chillout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 16:32   #698
BHPian

Hey guys,
Like many of us here on this forum, I was also looking forward to the Creta launch and more importantly, the prices.

I was most interested in the AT variant, as being in Delhi and driving to Noida everyday, the traffic is just ridiculous. So was looking for an automatic and the Creta is the newest and most awaited car this year. No doubt on the looks and features of the car.

But I am highly disappointed with Hyundai on this aspect. Pricing wise, well, that remains to be seen by tomorrow. But I don't get how they can provide an automatic (which is the SX+) variant, at a price upwards of 12-13L without basic features like below:

No ESC, no VSM, no Hill assist control (which is available on almost all automatics).
Not to mention no leather on the seats, steering wheel, console armrest and the door armrest.
In addition to this, no supervision cluster and no height adjusting driver and passenger seat belts.
Even the rims are 16 inches, Clean Silver Alloys.

I really feel shortchanged on this, as I had my heart set on the AT Creta. But now it seems I will have to look for another option, as buying an automatic is my main concern at this time.

Hyundai, please tell me your logic on this issue.

Is it just me, or are other people feeling the same disappointment too.

Last edited by noopster : 20th July 2015 at 16:44. Reason: Post restored
TkyoPandaMan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 16:58   #699
Distinguished - BHPian

Received the invitation calls from my dealership for their official Creta launch from 4 PM onwards tomorrow. Test Drives will be readily available from that time, even for extensive durations.

This is good thinking by them, because by that time official prices would be announced, and they will be in a better position to deal with all potential and confirmed customers, new & existing inquiries and the press, which is expected to be there in full force.

From what I could gather, after the prices are announced, city-wise prices should be updated to all dealerships across the country by evening.

My dealership has 3 immediate deliveries scheduled for tomorrow evening (2 diesel SX(O)s, 1 petrol SX+) - mine being one of them (subject to my detailed PDI which I am leaving for, right now).

If not, 5 more cars are in transit - 2 petrols & 3 diesels - which should reach by 22nd July morning, for deliveries later that day. Let's hope one of the present 3 meets my approval, or it will be one of the 5 which is currently enroute.

Even if registration is not completed tomorrow, by Wednesday all formalities will be completed. Insurance and Temporary Registration can be done tomorrow itself, no problem.

Wish me luck for the PDIs! Cretas, here I come!

Preview: Hyundai Creta-11745798_10204620715188459_3932866251838831873_n.jpg

*bolts out of the door*

Last edited by RavenAvi : 20th July 2015 at 17:01.
RavenAvi is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 17:08   #700
BHPian

According to zigwheels, there would be 6 variants, 3 petrol and 3 diesel variants, priced between 9 lacs to 12.4 lacs.

Source: http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...evealed/22333/
Old 20th July 2015, 17:10   #701
BHPian

Good luck and Cheers buddy! Share the experience. I got an invite for 5 PM tomorrow from the dealer in Hyderabad. Certainly planning to get hands on the vehicle. With pricing will be out tomorrow, I will freeze my decision on SX(O) as booking is already in place. I am still optimistic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
According to zigwheels, there would be 6 variants, 3 petrol and 3 diesel variants, priced between 9 lacs to 12.4 lacs.

Preview: Hyundai Creta-creta.jpg

The petrol variant information looks erroneous to me. SX(O) option in 1.6L Petrol, which makes the pricing also look suspicious.

Last edited by Zappo : 20th July 2015 at 18:24. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use edit button in the first 20 minutes to add more.
Old 20th July 2015, 17:23   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaman View Post
Attachment 1393787

The petrol variant information looks erroneous to me. SX(O) option in 1.6L Petrol, which makes the pricing also look suspicious.
not only the Petrol info is incorrect, there is no way the difference between SX and SX(O) can be only 80K given the amount of extra goodies SX(O) has to offer and they also have to slot a SX+ variant in between
Old 20th July 2015, 17:28   #703
BHPian

Quote:

No Base & SX+ models. And a SX(O) for Petrol? Another fake price list making rounds. Just pure speculation. Less than 24 hours to the launch. This is sad. Nothing but click-bait.
Old 20th July 2015, 17:29   #704
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TkyoPandaMan View Post
Hey guys,
Like many of us here on this forum, I was also looking forward to the Creta launch and more importantly, the prices.

I was most interested in the AT variant, as being in Delhi and driving to Noida everyday, the traffic is just ridiculous. So was looking for an automatic and the Creta is the newest and most awaited car this year. No doubt on the looks and features of the car.

But I am highly disappointed with Hyundai on this aspect. Pricing wise, well, that remains to be seen by tomorrow. But I don't get how they can provide an automatic (which is the SX+) variant, at a price upwards of 12-13L without basic features like below:

No ESC, no VSM, no Hill assist control (which is available on almost all automatics).
Actually apart from the VW/Skoda TSI/TDI DSG's and the Ford Ecosport no AT under 15 L gets ESC and Hill Assist. I had mentioned about this before in one of my earlier posts and bhpian Arjun Reddy reminded me that since this is a Torque Converter AT, Hill Assist is something we can live without. But the ESC and Side and Curtain Airbags are a big miss in the AT.

Quote:
Not to mention no leather on the seats, steering wheel, console armrest and the door armrest.
In addition to this, no supervision cluster and no height adjusting driver and passenger seat belts.
Even the rims are 16 inches, Clean Silver Alloys.
Yup, these are things that they could have easily given. But these are things I feel we can live without (or easily do in after market) Hyundai has a curious thing with Height Adjustable Seat Belt. It is a missing feature in most of their models/ Variants

Quote:
I really feel shortchanged on this, as I had my heart set on the AT Creta. But now it seems I will have to look for another option, as buying an automatic is my main concern at this time.
I would recommend giving it another thought. Considering the prices that RavenAvi has been mentioned, for the price I feel the diesel AT is a very compelling proposition. If it launches at the discussed price, it is definitely worth considering. The missing safety features are a disappointment, but other things are minor and can be overlooked IMO. And frankly, there is no other choice in the SUV/Pseudo SUV Segment in the Diesel AT space (Apart from the newly launched Scorpio)
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 17:59   #705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaman View Post
Attachment 1393787

Quote:

1.4 CRDi variant missing.
Far too much speculation floating around. Best to wait a day for the official prices
Closed Thread

Most Viewed