Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2015, 18:06   #706
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Eagerly waiting for the pricing tomorrow. If the diesel AT is priced well, then I am going to book it and sell the Innova as off late the use for three rows of seating has significantly decreased.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 18:39   #707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
According to zigwheels, there would be 6 variants, 3 petrol and 3 diesel variants, priced between 9 lacs to 12.4 lacs.
Guys this article is dated almost a month back - June 26th! This was even before the media test drive event (i think). No use speculating about this article, there have been many developments and many reveals since this was written.

Anyway, with less than 18 hrs to go, lets just wait for the final word - straight from the horse's mouth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Wish me luck for the PDIs! Cretas, here I come!
Best of luck with the PDI buddy! Can't wait for the pics and report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I'm quoting my reply which I had posted a few pages earlier. If your running is less, petrol makes a sensible option due to points mentioned here. But as you are also looking for fully loaded with safety features variant, as of now we are aware of only SX+ in petrol with 2 airbags only.
SX+ petrol or SX(O) diesel is a questions that's been haunting me for a while, and is going to be a very tough decision for me. I desperately need a new car, but want one with all the bells and whistles within my budget. I will be deciding tomorrow, after TDs of both the engines. Thanks for your advice BoneCollector!

Have got an invite from my dealer in Mumbai for a launch function at the showroom at 3PM. Can't wait to see her for real!
Old 20th July 2015, 19:07   #708
Distinguished - BHPian

Eagerly waiting for tomorrow's launch. Think I wasnt this tensed when ecosport was launched. Hoping that Avi's aka "the creta man's" guess is right regarding the price. I have booked it last week and promised delivery this month. Anyways, fingers crossed!
Old 20th July 2015, 19:18   #709
BHPian

I am waiting with a budget of 15 L, rest depends on the T-BHP review :-) . I am still hoping the SX(O) will be 15L+ OTR in Bangalore, in which case my decision will be easier.
Otherwise, may have to settle for SX+.
@RavenAvi - if the prices are along the line you posted, I owe you a drink !
Old 20th July 2015, 19:28   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

Wish me luck for the PDIs! Cretas, here I come!

*bolts out of the door*

All the best Mr. Creta - Hope you have your car on Wednesday and we get a chance to view the Ownership Review.

Saw it in flesh - And if looks could kill this has to be it - And just looks the best in White - Would it be better to be called regal in white

Last edited by csateesh : 20th July 2015 at 19:40.
Old 20th July 2015, 20:35   #711
Team-BHP Support

Note from Support - Some posts on the speculated pricing of the car have been deleted. Please wait for the official launch to discuss the pricing of the car.

Last edited by Eddy : 20th July 2015 at 21:50.
Eddy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 21:02   #712
BHPian

All the best RavenAvi sir.Your review along with our team bhp review will be most expected thread in the coming days

Lets hope that HMIL gets the pricing right, which will easily give them 10-20 confirmed bookings from our forum
Old 20th July 2015, 21:46   #713
Senior - BHPian

If Raven is Creta-man then I am almost-Creta man. I had booked Creta , too, but my party is spoiled by Scorpio AT's launch. Damn you Mahindra! I hate, you. What a moment you chose to launch your AT variant. I had been waiting for Scorpio or Storme AT ( as I wanted a diesel SUV with AT for under 15L ) and it eluded me. And now?

I'm split evenly between the two. Scorpio is a 10-year old design but it still turns heads (in white) and looks old school, butch boxy full-size SUV with diesel and AT, under 15 L. Which is hard to ignore. And that 2nd floor driving position towering over sedans and hatches. On the other hand, Creta is all new. But.... I just checked Creta out at local dealership and it did not seem as big as I had imagined. The rear was good. Wife found side view very angular ( boxy looks good on full-size SUVs but curvy like Ecosport looks good on crossovers ). The front did not impress me much. the bonnet looked lower. It could have been a bit higher. Or, am I nitpicking? Damn you Mahindra. Yesterday, I joked that if I turn up at showroom to pick up Creta then I would look for an excuse, any, not to buy it. Like, "the salesman did not smile at me. Heck, I'm not buying this car." Now you guys understand how much I'm confused between the two cars. Anyone else here in same dilemma?
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 22:53   #714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
If Raven is Creta-man then I am almost-Creta man.
A lot of us are riding the same boat. XUV 500 AT would have been a clincher for me. But that's still not in. So I am up for grabs by the auto hawks. Let's see how it goes tomorrow.

Last edited by ampere : 20th July 2015 at 23:15. Reason: Removed bulk of quoted post
Old 21st July 2015, 01:45   #715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Now you guys understand how much I'm confused between the two cars. Anyone else here in same dilemma?

I can imagine! Even though I am not considering buying a car in near future, I often think/dream of S10 4x4 automatic to be my next. And why? I gave into this temptation of pseudo SUV two years back with Ecosport. While I love every bit of it, I miss the ability to go off-roading (that's what SUVs are meant for) with it

Creta is plush, well placed in the segment, has brand assurance attached to it and will surely attract masses, I however doubt if it would be as capable as the Scorpio
Old 21st July 2015, 03:22   #716
BHPian

BTW, while browsing through autoportal it says Brio SUV is set for launch in Jul'15. I am not sure if I see any discussion on this. Won't that compete with Creta/Ecosport/Duster?

http://autoportal.com/newcars/honda/brio-suv-2015/

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 21st July 2015 at 08:38. Reason: thur>through.
Old 21st July 2015, 06:31   #717
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's the webcast link.

http://hyundai.vsworld.com/desktop.html
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 06:45   #718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Eagerly waiting for tomorrow's launch. Think I wasnt this tensed when ecosport was launched. Hoping that Avi's aka "the creta man's" guess is right regarding the price. I have booked it last week and promised delivery this month. Anyways, fingers crossed!
And I am eagerly awaiting your take on the vehicle and how it compares with your current ride in all aspects.
So it's bye bye to the Ecosport eh?
Old 21st July 2015, 06:47   #719
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
And I am eagerly awaiting your take on the vehicle and how it compares with your current ride in all aspects.
So it's bye bye to the Ecosport eh?
If the pricing is good and within my expected range, then it's bye bye ecosport. Just few hours left to make my decision.

Few things that made me inch towards Creta when compared to ecosport.

1) Bigger vehicle
2) Quality interiors
3) Better seats
4) Better torque and good range
5) 6th Gear (that's something i sorely missed)
6) Features - Yes, loads more than the ecosport
7) Slightly better styling

The only thing I'm worried is the ride quality and the steering feel. Waiting to TD the vehicle.

Last edited by naveen.raju : 21st July 2015 at 06:54.
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 09:12   #720
BHPian

Waiting with bated breadth for the launch and the prices.

I seriously believe that Hyundai will not make the blunder of pricing it astronomically high right at the beginning and commit the mistake done by some of its peers in the recent years like Jazz, Fiesta, Bolt, Vibe etc. No matter how much you correct them or reduce the prices later it doesnt work. In our market, once a dud is always a dud. (even for Maruti)

Hyundai has to proceed with the Ecosport strategy of pricing the base at mouthwatering proportion (shock pricing) and then later they can always jack them up once the base is formed.

arsenal.arun is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks