Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2015, 13:01   #781
Team-BHP Support

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivtho View Post
The Duster 110 RXZ is about 14.5L on-road in Pune and it looks like the Creta will be about the same price. I'd gladly pay even slightly more for the better interiors and the peace-of-mind of Hyundai's A.S.S.
I bought the AWD RXZ for 14.5 on road in Jan. The 2WD RXZ was a lakh+ lesser. Considering that now Renault has transferred all the AWD safety and other features to the 2WD version as well I think for the same set of features as the RXZ (Airbags, EBD, ABS, Hill Assist, Panic Braking alert, Lane Change warning) an equivalent Creta will cost far higher. Say about 2 lakhs or more. In my opinion paying 2+ lakhs more just for the interiors alone sounds a little high. But then again, these are more of a personal decision taken from the heart.
Zappo is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 13:02   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Top end diesel to top end diesel, the Creta costs a lakh more than the Duster. I think it's totally worth it. You get a far more modern car (Duster is based on the old Logan), interior quality that's 2 - 3 levels better, way more equipment, more power, refinement, ergonomics etc. Hyundais are also more reliable and offer a superior after-sales experience.

Of course, it's a different matter that the Duster is already premium priced. But the Creta is definitely worth a lakh more than the Duster. Where the Duster feels cheap & old, the Creta is premium & contemporary.
Completely agree here. But in my opinion the difference is not actually 1l
1. Duster is currently at 50k-70k discount depending on the city. So the actual difference is around 1.5L
2. Duster is an older model and Renault might be looking for a face-lift which (speculation), in my opinion will reduce the difference in interiors if the prices are kept same
Old 21st July 2015, 13:02   #783
BHPian

Effective Delhi On Road Price for the Automatic would be 16 lakh Rupees. A Sub 15 Lac Price would have been better, despite this belonging to a different segment it has very much crossed into Scorpio AT and XUV territory. Disappointing.
Old 21st July 2015, 13:03   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
The prices are way off from what was speculated. For all the bashing Autocar received for the leaked pricelist they were actually the ones who got it right (and not the various birdies floating around here and there!)
Autocar predicted this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by autohead115 View Post
So they were NOT right! Their speculated prices were at least 50,000 more. They said 9.14L to 14.53, and the actual price range is 8.59L to 13.6L

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Top end diesel to top end diesel, the Creta costs a lakh more than the Duster. I think it's totally worth it.
I agree.
Yeldo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 13:03   #785
Senior - BHPian

If people where expecting lower prices than this, then its their fault. There are mainly 2 factors, its bigger than 4 m so it attaracts more tax than what Elite i20 has. Second, its a modern mini SUV loaded with lots of features & bigger engines. So IMHO pricing is not that bad. Off course if they could have priced it around 50 K lower, i would have been more happy.

Will be interesting to see S-cross pricing now. I guess they will price it 1 Lac lower than the Creta. Maruti has good opportunity to capture market. Price it sensibly and win the customers. Specially they can price 1.3 DDiS lower. Hope Maruti will play it cleverly.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 13:04   #786
BHPian

We cannot blame anyone but ourselves for being surprised at the shock prices, the eternal optimists that we are, we wanted the lower prices to be true. Everyone who believed they had a "scoop" on the prices thought it was true and posted it with the best intentions. Now whether it actually turned out true is yet another matter!

Last edited by batterylow : 21st July 2015 at 13:07. Reason: Additional data
Old 21st July 2015, 13:04   #787
Senior - BHPian

The price is a little more than I had expected. XUV 500 seems more value for money now.

I do not think Duster will be severely impacted with this price, as it has got it's own plus points as boot space, ride quality etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I think the wait continues because by the time I plan to go for it in next 6 months, these introductory prices would have vanished. I'm sorry guys for my earlier price post. I think the dealer wanted to get more bookings with a rider of cancellation charges of 10K . Good that I did not book.
Introductory price is just a marketing tactic. In psychology, it is called 'Deprival Super Reaction Syndrome'. The price in the long run will be governed by market economics - demand and supply.
Old 21st July 2015, 13:08   #788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
Autocar predicted this:
So they were NOT right! Their speculated prices were at least 50,000 more. They said 9.14L to 14.53, and the actual price range is 8.59L to 13.6L
Bhavnao ko samjho sir

Compare their pricing to what was being speculated/predicted by others.
amoghchaphalkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 13:10   #789
BHPian

Great presentation visuals. Poor screenplay. Disappointing prices (AT). I am officially ex-creta.
ABbaby is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 13:10   #790
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanishka88 View Post
Duster is currently at 50k-70k discount depending on the city. So the actual difference is around 1.5L
Ah, good point! Even if it's 1.5 lakhs, I still think the Creta is well worth the difference.

Better safety, power, interiors, quality, reliability, refinement, ergonomics, after-sales, contemporariness etc. The list goes on & on. The only advantage that the Duster has is in its outstanding ride quality (although the Creta isn't bad either).

If I was in the market for a monocoque SUV, I wouldn't compromise for the 8 - 10 years that I own a car for merely 1.5 lakh rupees.

The 6 airbags & ESP alone are worth a big premium.

I reiterate, where the Duster feels cheap & outdated, the Creta feels premium & modern. The formula & premium pricing worked with the Elite i20 - I don't see any reason why it won't with the Creta.

Quote:
Duster is an older model and Renault might be looking for a face-lift which (speculation), in my opinion will reduce the difference in interiors if the prices are kept same
Buddy, the Duster is 2 - 3 generations behind the Creta. A facelift won't make it more modern. An all-new generation might, but there isn't even an announcement on the same!

Last edited by GTO : 21st July 2015 at 13:12.
GTO is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 13:11   #791
BHPian

Ok, so the prices are higher (more so in Bangalore) than expected.

Now that the cat is out of the bag, could we have the official TBHP review so we can get to get to know if the higher pricing is really justified or not?
turboturtle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 13:12   #792
BHPian

One of the most awaited launch of the year and a prime contender for Team-BHP car of the year 2015 has arrived. No doubt that this a premium offering from Hyundai. But the question is will Indian market accept Hyundai as a premium product? Well as of now Hyundai is ruling the Premium hatchback with Elite I20 and the recent launch of Jazz makes me feel that it will still continue to be the number hatchback for some more time.

But Hyundai didn't make the Elite I20 a premium product overnight, they had I20 first in various iterations and updates, then they positioned Grand I10 between I10 & I20, --> discontinued santro, --> pushed I10 towards the Taxi segment, finally discontinued I20 and voila here you have Elite I20 a premium hatchback which is a runaway success 1 Million sold in 11 months. I believe this can be easily a case study in Marketing strategy as to how Hyundai transitioned I20 which was a competitor to country's mightiest and legendary SWIFT to a offering above it as Elite I20 and created an altogether new segment.

Now why I wrote all about this because I want to gauge whether we accept the Creta as a premium product from the beginning. Can Hyundai keep up the storng Brand perception created by Elite I20. I am only keeping my fingers crossed and its only a matter of 3 - 4 months, that we come to know whether we have another marketing case study from Hyundai.

Hyundai's, Honda's and Toyota's of India please take note if Hyundai does manage to improve it's after sales service (I have owned 2 Hyundai's and one Toyota : Hyundai's are expensive to maintain) the H Badge in future could very well mean Hyundai and not Honda any more
MadAbtCars is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 13:15   #793
Senior - BHPian

Pricing is a bit high. It appears more so because Hyundai said they would surprise market with its pricing. Is this what they meant by surprise? Suddenly Ecosport looks cheaper and better. Actually, Ecosport still looks just as attractive as Creta. At 11.4 L OTR for Ecosport AT, it is a lot cheaper than approximately 16.5 L for Creta AT. Of course Creat is diesel but for someone with less running around, Ecosport AT makes more sense.

As for me, I guess I will check out Scorpio AT before taking a call.
pgsagar is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 13:15   #794
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Introductory Prices announced (Ex-Showroom in Delhi)

Petrol 1.6 -
L - 8.59 L
S - 9.57 L
S+ - 11.19 L

Diesel 1.4
L - 9.46 L
S - 10.42 L
S+ - 11.45 L

Diesel 1.6 -
SX - 11.59 L
SX+ - 12.67 L
SX (O) - 13.6 L
SX+ (Automatic) - 13.57 L
There does this car off my list even though I wasn't interested much but wanted to see fit all is quality and behold whistles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
I am very, very disappointed by this outcome in the end.

The pricing is almost a lakh over, variant-to-variant, than what I had thought of
I didn't know that you weren't 'informed' about these so called INTRODUCTORY prices for the Creta.

Take your time and think about it Avi bhai.

Seeing your confidence and reviews I too got convinced to have one onto this. Have to rule it off sadly.

Hyundai has gone bonkers with song these prices. Not sure what they are perceiving the Creta and what are is competitors.

EDIT: I only hope Maruti Suzuki doesn't do a Creta to the SCross. It is an Ex-Creta now!

Last edited by a4anurag : 21st July 2015 at 13:20.
a4anurag is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 13:16   #795
BHPian

Way too expensive IMHO. SX(O) is the only truly luxurious variant with Leather, 17" Alloys, ESP, 6 Airbags etc and at 13.6 L its not well priced at all. At those price levels, why not get the XUV W8, that has all this and more? Now lets wait for the S Cross prices.

Last edited by rednikhil : 21st July 2015 at 13:17.
rednikhil is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed