Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2015, 13:16   #796
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Preview

Ok guys. Now that the prices are out I am disappointed to a certain extent.
I was expecting this price as I had written earlier somewhere on this thread that I saw a dealer invoice at 13.5 lakhs ex showroom.
Now I am not going to be standing in queue to book this at this price but will wait for our official review and then decide.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 21st July 2015 at 13:32.
Old 21st July 2015, 13:17   #797
BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Apparently overpricing cars is the new fad. First the Honda jazz & now Hyundai creta.

Now we'll have to wait & watch how many of the 10,000 bookings are actually converted to a successful sale.

Expect a price correction or discounts in 6 months to a year.

Now my focus shifts to Ford Figo Aspire

Last edited by akrish01 : 21st July 2015 at 13:18.
Old 21st July 2015, 13:18   #798
Team-BHP Support

Ravenavi- back out and take your own time to decide. Don't buy it just yet. It's a long term decision and you don't want to feel cheated during the ownership of the car
Eddy is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 13:19   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednikhil View Post
Way too expensive IMHO. SX(O) is the only truly luxurious variant with Leather, 17" Alloys, ESP, 6 Airbags etc and at 13.6 L its not well priced at all. At those price levels, why not get the XUV W8, that has all this and more? Now lets wait for the S Cross prices.
and I think Creta has leatherette and not leather, at this price
Old 21st July 2015, 13:20   #800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
Bhavnao ko samjho sir

Compare their pricing to what was being speculated/predicted by others.
Sorry I did not understand the first part, but still, we may put all speculation to rest, as actual prices are out now.

While the pricing seems justifiable, I agree with almost all other fellow members that a lower price was expected, and the current prices are not tempting.

Now prospective buyers have to think and look hard at the competition before making a decision. The promise of a value price for a superior car has come to a naught.

For me, I was apprehensive about the 10,000 bookings and the high demand for the A/T variant, rather than the final price. Now I think that availability situation might ease quite a bit!
Yeldo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 13:24   #801
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Top end diesel to top end diesel, the Creta costs a lakh more than the Duster. I think it's totally worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
I am very, very disappointed by this outcome in the end.
I have to agree with RavenAvi. The pricing in comparison may be okayish if we didn't already know that the Duster is overpriced.

We then come to comfort and handling, which despite what I've heard about the Elite i20, is still poor to the extent of being a deal-breaker for me, and I don't even drive a Linea or Punto.

With the Duster being acknowledged to have fair interiors in the update, a long-legged super-frugal diesel (110), and a brilliant ride, the price difference makes it all the more difficult to justify the Creta.

Will have to wait for the official review on how she rides, but if the Creta is Dusterish, then we have a deal on our hands.

Not that this is what everyone else will think, as we know the i20 sells a lot, and so I also expect the Creta to do quite well - possibly at par with Duster sales.

Here's hoping for discounts!
VeluM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 13:25   #802
Senior - BHPian

Maruti will be happy to be given such a wide berth to place their S-Cross in

Prices are high for what's on offer. I was thinking it would be priced only a little higher than the Duster considering the latter itself is overpriced for its interiors. But alas, it remained a wish.

EcoSport will not be affected in the slightest I suppose.

If they play their cards right, Maruti can hit the i20 Active, Creta, Duster and the Ecosport at various price points.

Never seen such an exciting July in terms of car launches. Hope the Team-BHP review will be up soon.

Last edited by SchumiFan : 21st July 2015 at 13:28.
SchumiFan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 13:26   #803
BHPian

The prices would have been justified, provided they could pull off the bare essentials of a modern car. The cheapest creta costs 8.59 (EX) and does not even offer electrically adjustable orvm. That's the least one could throw as a standard feature with the so called "Global Premium SUV". Let's not even get to the safety standards what they offer! It's disappointing to see the prices bloat up.

Given the fact these are introductory prices, going down the line not so sure how many would still be interested in it. Would happily wait for a ecosport facelift or even hold my horses and have great expectations from vitara brezza. Basically the prices are making me find reasons why not to buy the creta.
bhansali_hardik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 13:26   #804
BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Preview

What additional features do you get in SX(O) in comparison to SX?
Old 21st July 2015, 13:28   #805
BHPian

Not a bad pricing however it would have hit the sweet spot if it was about 50k cheaper... Considering the SX+ AT will be 17l+ on road in Bangalore, I think it doesn't make sense especially without ESP & 6 air bags. I wouldn't mind a price around 16 -16.5 l on road as it did not make sense for Hyundai to price it any lower.
Bhodrolok is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 13:29   #806
BHPian

Just because a car has better interiors doesn't justify pricing it 1.5 lakhs more. It is now directly in Scorpio and XUV range. Start/Stop button, touch screen, interiors and leather can never justify insane pricing. GREED! Hyundai have got carried away by the success of i20 elite. The XUV and Scorpio have way better structural rigidity and build quality compared to a Creta. Those are heavy and solid cars with good diesel engines as well. 7 seaters and people will now opt for Scorpio AT and XUV500 W8 instead of this. Ecosport sales numbers will be intact and Duster need not worry. They can market their AWD version more and sell it. The RxZ AWD is 14-14.5L on-road and there are discounts of 70K-80K on it as well. Feel sorry for all disappointed folks in this forum who are contemplating on cancelling the booking. Just my 2 cents.
whencut86 is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 13:32   #807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
I bought the AWD RXZ for 14.5 on road in Jan. The 2WD RXZ was a lakh+ lesser. Considering that now Renault has transferred all the AWD safety and other features to the 2WD version as well I think for the same set of features as the RXZ (Airbags, EBD, ABS, Hill Assist, Panic Braking alert, Lane Change warning) an equivalent Creta will cost far higher. Say about 2 lakhs or more. In my opinion paying 2+ lakhs more just for the interiors alone sounds a little high. But then again, these are more of a personal decision taken from the heart.
+1.
IMO Duster AWD now makes far more sense compared to top end Creta. Its around 50k cheaper post discounts. What you get is a competent off roader with independent suspension setup and ESC.
C300 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 13:34   #808
BHPian

If the Duster was overpriced just due to its spartan interiors, in what way is this Hyundai not overpriced with better interiors?

Keep in mind that the price is equal to the AWD Duster, which apart from the interiors is a MUCH MORE capable vehicle. If you compare it to the top-end 2WD Duster, the difference is more than one lacs, just on the listed prices (without factoring in the discounts). Too wide a gap.
rednikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 13:37   #809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
+1.
IMO Duster AWD now makes far more sense compared to top end Creta. Its around 50k cheaper post discounts. What you get is a competent off roader with independent suspension setup and ESC.
True..but I hope you have factored the premium feel of the Creta in comparison to the, at best, passable design of the Duster. For the beauty and comfort conscious, it is the Creta. IMHO it still is damn expensive
Old 21st July 2015, 13:38   #810
BHPian

Thank you for your analysis. I'm on the very same boat, similar thinking, similar options. The only difference is, if I'm gonna pay 10-12 Lakhs plus, the Refreshed Scorpio is also on my radar. Below 10 Lakhs, it's the Jazz or the i20. Now that Hyundai has priced the Creta out of my considerations.

In my thinking, the wild card would be the S Cross OR I'm hoping that the Creta gets so wildly successful that Renault will be forced to give a 2 Lakhs discount on it's sales dud, the "Ruster" AWD :-) and I jump to buy it, all the while cribbing about it's awful interiors and old design while secretly loving every moment of driving the black beauty. (See, I've already chosen the colour too)
Puffdamgcdragon is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed