Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2015, 14:16   #841
BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

What doesn't seem to make sense is, Hyundai had fish on the hook, but they seemed to have let it slip. First they reveal AT in the mid-range model, leading people to believe it will be a good steal, then they do a pricing is that is a good 1lk over the competition. While I agree that Creta is much more modern compared to the likes of Duster or Ecosport, it still doesn't seem to make any sense to price it up.

Hyundai's best opportunity was to try and undercut competition wherever possible, grab up the market share before competition plays catch up, and then slowly hike up the prices with time ( like Mahindra).

I still feel Hyundai could have introduced automatic on a couple of other variants. There is no point saying that automatic is a premium feature, and introducing it on the top models. Make it accessible.

So who's up next for next big hype before hopes are dashed? Suzuki better consider an AT, or they will lose out too ( then again, im not to sure their pricing will be so competitive considering they are moving to the NEXA range.
daywiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 14:17   #842
AWD
BHPian

Maruti which was lying low must be grinning, this gives them a golden opportunity to undercut Creta pricing & make a big splash. Hyundai has given them a reason enough to compete fiercely now & I think Maruti will play its cards right now.

I had anticipated Hyundai going over-board with the pricing of this vehicle based on the excitement it was able to generate & thats what they did. I was scheduled to visit the dealership today for Look, TD & possible booking but the excitement has been dented, I may not visit now.

Eagerly waiting for Maruti to drop a bombshell !
AWD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 14:22   #843
BHPian

just got some info from my friends at a hyundai dealership that they have lost about 7-10 bookings of the creta, mostly sx(o) and auto.

Regardless of how new or modern it may be, pricing do really play its part in the success of a product I guess.
thealtoman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 14:23   #844
BHPian

and this is how i saw my first Creta on road Its going to break some hearts if it is pending delivery
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Hyundai Creta-img_0045.jpg  

Ranjimso is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 14:25   #845
BHPian

Ohh Common Hyundai! You could have done it better. 20L is not too far. OH! may be as a special festive offer you would price it at 20L later this year
Rover2000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 14:25   #846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @KP View Post

But then Honda did an encore this time around again which made Elite i20 really VFM
Agreed, but looks like Hyundai has picked up a trick from Honda. The wrong one!

On a separate note, why isn't the Creta top model (or Duster for that matter) offered in Petrol? For a person who doesn't drive much spending a lakh more over what the petrol top model would have been does cause them to look at other options. Based on the difference between the Diesel SX+ and SX(O), the Petrol SX(O) would have been around 12.12L Ex showroom Delhi. That's something that I could have considered.

If I'm not mistaken, only the Ecosport (in the mini-SUV segment) is offered in the top-end petrol, but then only with the Ecoboost engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I agree! Even at the time of preview, i told you to expect prices close to XUV w8. AWD Capability apart, Creta is every penny worth the extra price over the Duster...
Do you still agree after a detailed test drive on various (non-ideal) kinds of road? Not sure who is doing the detailed review, hence the question.
If the Creta rides and handles like a Duster or a tall Punto, then I would also agree. If the ride and handling is like the i20, which is "better than previous Hyundais", but still short-travel, saggy, and bouncy/wallowy relative to a Duster, then I don't agree.

Last edited by VeluM : 21st July 2015 at 14:30.
VeluM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 14:27   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatmangal View Post
Hyundai Elite I20 is not over prices and i think starts around 5.9 lakh..
Swift Zxi On road price is 7.33Lca V/s Elite I20 Asta which is at 8.20Lacs. Both on-road Mumbai without any discounts. When you command ~1 lac of more on Swift, I say that is expensive and premium. And when it sells a monthly average of 10000 Units, I say that's hugely successful.

Anyways, The point of discussion of this thread is not about the pricing of Elite I20. What I wanted to say is that Creta is priced as a premium product. My heart says it is worth that extra moolah. Lets wait for a while and see whether this offering from Hyundai creates another new segment altogether.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd July 2015 at 11:18. Reason: Edited as requested.
MadAbtCars is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 14:28   #848
BHPian

Now my month old Duster 110 rxl feels like completely VFM .I am sure creta will never have the driving or handling abilities of duster and I would have never paid 1.5 lac premium for better interiors.From my 4 years of i10 ownership I can safely say Hyundai a.s.s although is very reliable but nowhere cheap(my 30k service cost was 20k) .
Old 21st July 2015, 14:29   #849
Senior - BHPian

I think the Creta will sell and is not going to bomb at all. If you compare the prices across variants with that of the Active and Verna, its not too far off.

Hyundai has the product and the brand. And UV segment is red hot. Creta was making waves even before anyone saw it for real. And Hyundai would have known that. So, pricing little above expectation is not going to do the product much harm at all.

I recall the launch of the Swift. We were eagerly waiting for months and MSIL launched it for 6.38 L ex showroom for the ZDi. Everyone cried foul for paying so much for a Maruti. We went ahead with the booking and was super happy with the car. And now we know, where the price stand for B+ hatchbacks. So, take long TD, check the different options and take a decision based on your requirements.

High prices for cars across the segment is here to stay. A bitter pill for all of us to swallow.
deetjohn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 14:30   #850
Senior - BHPian

All are talking about pricing only, nothing else Chill down guys, there are few more things to look for as well in the car.

Can somebody tell me what is the official ARAI fuel efficiency figures quoted for Creta? I am interested to know for all 3 models, specially petrol one. If petrol FE is good, it can become good value for money option for many people. People with less running (below 1000 per month) and mainly city driving can consider Creta petrol for sure.
aniketi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 14:31   #851

Can anybody explain why the 1.4 Diesel S+ is priced at 11.45L and 1.6 Diesel SX is priced at 11.59L. I am actually wondering what on earth went wrong with these guys while they were pricing the models. Why would anybody buy the 1.4 S+ and not pay just 14k more and enjoy a better engine and much added features

I booked the 1.6 petrol, then thought of moving for 1.4 D and now planning to go for 1.6 D SX. Too confused
KSH7777 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 14:32   #852
BHPian

I had been following this car like a dream from the time it was launched in Beijing - read every blog, followed every review etc...
I was honestly, someone who had made up my mind to buy Creta anyway - hadn’t thought about the pricing aspect - knowing it will be in the range.
If the pricing is making me now think - I don’t like that feeling at all!

Personal opinion and no offense to anyone - we all know Duster interiors might not be anywhere closer to Creta (have to see it myself later today)
Ride quality is really awesome, independent suspension, styling - it is still one of the best - I must admit.
Renault put a premium price when there was no other car in this segment - it doesn’t mean everyone follows that as base, shouldn’t it be realistic to the product in some sense?

XUV 500 W8 - 2.2 liter engine, 7 seater, many more features, comparable safety features, build quality etc. etc... Is priced at par with the SX(o) - really? Yes and I am talking about the facelift version.

Just to feel and see I am still going to check it out later today, but thoroughly disappointed, Hyundai you have not won this one!

PS: when I spoke to the dealer yesterday night he had told me the approximate pricing for SX(O) OTR Bangalore around 17.4 lakhs and now he tells - he will confirm the pricing at 2:30pm only. Should I read into this or are they already getting cancellations.

Not good!

Moderator's Note : Please do NOT cut-copy-paste text from other word processors (MS Word etc.). That results in formatting errors on our Forum.

Click here to know how to remove FONT Tags from your post.

Going forward, do keep in mind that it's best to type directly into Team-BHP.

Thanks

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 21st July 2015 at 14:47. Reason: Please refer the note posted above.
Old 21st July 2015, 14:34   #853
BHPian

The guys at MS must be grinning at the Creta pricing. And why not, SCross just got saved from a possible rout. Now all they need to do is to slot the SCross right in between the Ecosport and Creta.
Old 21st July 2015, 14:37   #854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Agreed, but looks like Hyundai has picked up a trick from Honda. The wrong one!

If I'm not mistaken, only the Ecosport (in the mini-SUV segment) is offered in the top-end petrol, but then only with the Ecoboost engine.

Do you still agree after a detailed test drive on various (non-ideal) kinds of road? Not sure who is doing the detailed review, hence the question.
If the Creta rides and handles like a Duster or a tall Punto, then I would also agree. If the ride and handling is like the i20, which is "better than previous Hyundais", but still short-travel, saggy, and bouncy/wallowy relative to a Duster, then I don't agree.
Eco-sport is available in 1.5 Petrol version ( AT one at 9.7lac Ex-Show ).
Hyundai's arent good with Petrol. They dont even have a good one for i20 and last gen had a 1.4L 100bhp AT.
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 14:40   #855
BHPian

On a lighter note, seeing that many are unhappy with the Creta prices, I think Mr. Rakesh Srivastava is himself the Mole in Hyundai planted by Maruti Suzuki C'mon Hyundai, change the Mole, add the deleted i20 features & reduce the Creta prices
CarNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks