Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2015, 14:42   #856
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post

Can somebody tell me what is the official ARAI fuel efficiency figures quoted for Creta?
Here are the ARAI figures.

Quote:
In terms of fuel efficiency, the Hyundai Creta with a 1.4 diesel engine has an ARAI-certified fuel efficiency of 21.38 kpl; the highest among the three. The 1.6 diesel manual returns 19.67 kpl, the diesel automatic has a claimed fuel efficiency of 17.01kpl and the 1.6 petrol engine returns 15.29 kmpl.
Source:ACI

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st July 2015 at 14:48.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 14:43   #857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All are talking about pricing only, nothing else Chill down guys, there are few more things to look for as well in the car.
Not really, people are talking about how she handles as well.

Quote:
Can somebody tell me what is the official ARAI fuel efficiency figures quoted for Creta? I am interested to know for all 3 models, specially petrol one. If petrol FE is good, it can become good value for money option for many people. People with less running (below 1000 per month) and mainly city driving can consider Creta petrol for sure.
Same here, though I wish it were offered in the top variant as well. ARAI figures are around 17 for the 1.6 petrol Verna, as far as I know. Based on the expected weight of the petrol and the FE that I get from my car, early double digits in city and 17-18 on the highway (with AC) is quite possible from a 1.6 petrol. I've pegged the highway figures a bit lower than I get because the Creta will not be as aerodynamic as it is much taller. There is a 6th gear though, so may be more.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 14:43   #858
BHPian

Well then, it seems that Hyundai has definitely made a boo-boo here.
Like everyone has been saying on this thread, the prices are higher than expected.

However, I would like to mention that I just went to the showroom to see the Creta. The following are my views and opinions.

No doubt, that the car looks great (from the outside) and has the look of a premium "compact" SUV. They had the SX+ manual model on display in red.

But let me tell you guys, when I sat inside the Creta, I was quite disappointed. Black interiors with all plastics inside do not spell premium and luxury. It didn't feel very upmarket. (Maybe leather might have been a better idea, which is available on the SX(O) manual)

The infotainment screen was also smaller and only for audio and no navigation.

Even the IVRM was the old-school type and not chromatic.

I will admit however, that the rear space was "comfortable" at best, but didn't seem too wide. Three adults sitting abreast in the back might be a bit, "tight".

The boot was nice and big, albeit a slightly higher loading lip.

Now I was looking to get the SX+ AT model, but after seeing the car in person, I don't think that I would like to spend around 16L for a car that I "personally" feel has no VFM.

Sorry to mention this again, but in one of my earlier posts, I had highlighted that certain features are missing in the SX+ AT as compared to the SX(O) and spending such a lot of money just didn't seem justified to me.

I don't understand why Hyundai didn't introduce the AT in the SX(O). I get it that the price would have gone even higher, but at least people looking for an AT would have had an option.

I know that people might disagree with me on the specific point made above, but this is only my personal opinion on the matter.

I am not only disappointed with the prices, but also with the equipment levels on the SX+ variant, which I was so keen about.

Having said the above, I truly truly feel this car could have been a huge success if they had focused on not only the pricing of the models, but also the quality in the SX+ variant (with/without AT) and maybe offered a top-of-the-line model like the SX(O) with AT.
TkyoPandaMan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 14:44   #859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarNerd View Post
On a lighter note, seeing that many are unhappy with the Creta prices, I think Mr. Rakesh Srivastava is himself the Mole in Hyundai planted by Maruti Suzuki C'mon Hyundai, change the Mole, add the deleted i20 features & reduce the Creta prices

Let's wait for the full review. If this will also 'ride' well like a Duster, I guess the extra might be worth. I also would like to see side by side pix of Duster/Creta/SCross/Scorpio/Safari.
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 14:46   #860
BHPian

I said they are going to price this high before. Atlease they need to keep a gap between this and the i20 Active. i20 Active 1.4 SX cost 8.9L ex-showroom (source: carwale.com). So they couldn't price it any lower. And for this price I think it's too expensive for a 5 seater soft roader from Hyundai.
Carpainter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 14:48   #861
Senior - BHPian

We have just gotten ok with paying 10 Lakhs for a hatchback and not sure a compact SUV could demand this much.

We will know how many people are ready to pay the big money even if it comes with more features compared to existing ones.

But the road clearance looks fine and not too low.
Old 21st July 2015, 14:49   #862
Senior - BHPian

Red creta In action. Creta getting ready for the launch event at some dealership.
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 14:50   #863
Distinguished - BHPian

ARAI Fuel Efficiency as per NDTV: Link

1.6-litre Petrol - 15.29Km/l
1.6-litre Diesel (MT) - 19.67Km/l
1.6-litre Diesel (AT) - 17.01Km/l
1.4-litre Diesel - 21.38Km/l

That number for the petrol seems to be on the lower side. The ARAI Rating for the Verna 1.6 Petrol is 17.01. Guess that's one reason they did not want to launch a Petrol AT. Real world efficiency would have been in single digits.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 21st July 2015 at 14:54.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 14:52   #864
BHPian

Price list (Ex-Delhi) per economic times

Hyundai Creta Petrol:
Hyundai Creta 1.6L Petrol Base - Rs 8.59 lakh
Hyundai Creta 1.6L Petrol S - Rs 9.57 lakh
Hyundai Creta 1.6L Petrol SX+ - Rs 11.19 lakh

Hyundai Creta 1.4L Diesel:

Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDi Base - Rs 9.46 lakh
Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDi S+ - Rs 11.45 lakh

Hyundai Creta 1.6L Diesel:

Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX - Rs 11.59 lakh
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX+ - Rs 12.67 lakh
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX+ AT - Rs 13.57 lakh
Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX - Rs 13.60 lakh

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...campaign=cppst
Old 21st July 2015, 14:52   #865

Wanted to book one, I have been driving Safari since last 7 years (3rdone right now), wanted to change to storme. Was waiting for the pricing of Creta, its tad higher, I thought they are bringing a product to compete with Ecosport !!

Safari Storme, I am coming!!!
vixz16 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 14:56   #866
BHPian

Paradigm Shift:
In my opinion, Hyundai has just forced others to focus & bring in their Urban/Compact SUV's to India (either for Sale or for Export). If the pricing strikes a cord with the actual potential customers (who actually never thought this would be under the million mark on-road), then Honda, Renault, Nissan would definitely (might already have) strongly ponder over bringing their awesome Compact SUVs which are already running in other markets.

S-Cross over Creta..really?
S-Cross does not match up to Creta in any real sense. Moreover, apart from price, Hyundai & Maruti customers don't cross paths. If a customer is design & feature sensitive, he'd run over to Ford EcoSport rather than Maruti S-Cross (who have done a disaster with their Design).
DevendraG is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 15:03   #867
BHPian

I am pretty confident that Creta will sell well. If a terrano can sell well (lots of terranos in roads here)so can the creta. Creta with its looks can become an aspirational vehicle for many. i20 elite was an aspirational for many hatch owners.

Enthusiasts might feel that it is over priced, under powered and has a poor handling. Just now I heard one of my colleagues commenting on how light a hyundai steering is (you can control the vehicle with your pinky), and how it would revolutionize SUV industry with the creta. Non enthusiast upper middle class in India will take the vehicle well. Resemblence to the a3 and the landrover evoque will help. One of my friends wanted a dark green creta as it would look like an evoque.
sandygordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 15:04   #868
BHPian

Have been waiting for the 3 launches - Jazz, Creta and S-Cross hoping that either one of them will turn out to be a VFM or just might force Ecosport or City to reduce their prices. Seems, all 5 are going to be out of my stretched budget

I see Hyundai reaching their target with its fashionista, give or take a few cancellations!
Old 21st July 2015, 15:05   #869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevendraG View Post
Paradigm Shift:
In my opinion, Hyundai has just forced others to focus & bring in their Urban/Compact SUV's to India (either for Sale or for Export). If the pricing strikes a cord with the actual potential customers (who actually never thought this would be under the million mark on-road), then Honda, Renault, Nissan would definitely (might already have) strongly ponder over bringing their awesome Compact SUVs which are already running in other markets.
Renault and Nissan already have one in the name of Duster and Terrano respectively and it was selling well until recently. Seeing the Creta prices, I think they will go back to the 3-4K zone soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevendraG View Post
S-Cross over Creta..really?
S-Cross does not match up to Creta in any real sense. Moreover, apart from price, Hyundai & Maruti customers don't cross paths. If a customer is design & feature sensitive, he'd run over to Ford EcoSport rather than Maruti S-Cross (who have done a disaster with their Design).
Except for ESP, 4 more Airbags; the S-Cross doesn't really lose out on anything compared to Ecosport/Creta. It comes with rear-disc brakes as well, something missed out on both Creta, Ecosport.

And seeing the F.E. figures, Maruti have got a trump card there as well along with that peak torque figure of 320NM for the 1.6L engine.

If they get the pricing right, they have a winner on their hands. Style be damned.
SchumiFan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 15:08   #870
BHPian

Chinese spec ix25 costs between 119800 - 179800 yuan. This roughly translates to 12.25 lac - 18.41 lac. That cars has better features. Better engine, sunroof/moonroof to name a few. Creta is almost that price. Is it justified? Time will tell. But Hyundai has always managed to sell its products really well.
sngautam is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks