Old 21st July 2015, 15:08   #871
RSR
Senior - BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
ARAI Fuel Efficiency as per NDTV:

1.6-litre Petrol - 15.29Km/l

That number for the petrol seems to be on the lower side. The ARAI Rating for the Verna 1.6 Petrol is 17.01.
The Verna offers a 5-speed manual gearbox with the 1.6 Gamma petrol, while the Creta comes with a 6-speed manual gearbox for the same engine.

Despite that, if the Verna has a better ARAI efficiency, then it probably has got to do with the fact that it's lighter than Creta (may not be by much) and also more aerodynamic, thanks to the sedan's slippery shape that reduces the coefficient of drag.

Comparatively, the Nissan Terrano 1.6 K4M petrol 5-speed manual has an ARAI rating of 13.24 km/litre. It must be almost the same for the Duster petrol.

Quote:
Guess that's one reason they did not want to launch a Petrol AT. Real world efficiency would have been in single digits.
Yep, that's probably the main reason, alongside the fact that this segment is primarily driven by diesel.

However, looking at the interest the 1.6 CRDi with the 6-speed AT has generated on Team-BHP, it would be a smart move if they introduce S+ AT & SX(O) AT variants, apart from the existing SX+ AT variant.

Last edited by RSR : 21st July 2015 at 15:15.
RSR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 15:10   #872
Senior - BHPian

Had been very heavily spending time on Creta threads, wanted to book one desperately. However, prices are quite high.

I think I should start spending time on Scorpio AT threads now. There I might get some discounts as well.

It should have been 1-1.5 L lower than the current prices.
tanwaramit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 15:13   #873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
It comes with rear-disc brakes as well, something missed out on both Creta, Ecosport.

And seeing the F.E. figures, Maruti have got a trump card there as well along with that peak torque figure of 320NM for the 1.6L engine.
Disc brakes = 1+ to S-Cross.
320 Nm (for 1.6L) = Creta decimated.
Old 21st July 2015, 15:21   #874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
If they get the pricing right, they have a winner on their hands. Style be damned.
Pricing is the key issue in our market.
Am a tad bit disappointed by the prices of Creta. Maybe we all had very high hopes about aggressive pricing, but then the people at Hyundai saw the enthusiasm and thought otherwise. But still will wait for a full review and TD to decide whether the extra peti will be worth it.
Was aiming for a fully loaded petrol but 1.6 SX diesel seems much more attractive to me with this pricing.
Will wait for the S Cross prices also before taking a decision.
BTW guys on a lighter note, only few will be more affected by these launches than me. Have not got my four wheels to my new location and walking to office everyday with the hope of purchasing a Creta/Cross.
Now wait continues till S Cross prices are announced, and then the booking period.
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 15:23   #875
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Good to see a few of the responses regarding "Introductory prices".

Earlier there were those who were prepared to consider the XUV (being an India grown product) and those who were not and Duster, EcoSport were the only options. Now a lot of people seem to find the XUV to be VFM.

Also a lot of people are noting the closeness in Diesel AT price with Scorpio AT.

The Creta is no doubt a good vehicle and in my view a better option than the Duster/ Terrano at the top end even if 1.5-2L more expensive effectively. But the Duster lost out to the EcoSport on account of it being 2L more expensive so not the distance to EcoSport for the Creta is effectively about 3L. Phew..

The VFM aspect is take out of the question it is simply a good vehicle and there not too much that is introductory about the pricing (though the prices may well go up after 3 months if the demand is still very strong.)

I think it will do well under the Hyundai umbrella and that Hyundai has taken the opportunity and raised prices a tad bit (1L) or so considering the demand.

This is not an excellent opportunity for the S-Cross though

Remember that when the Aria was launched at a relatively higher price before the XUV people who were in general not in love with the XUV's looks initially completely turned around after seeing the XUV introductory pricing and it killed the Aria in the process.

Similarly the S-Cross initial pricing may do the same to the Creta if there is a substantial difference. Maruti has a great opportunity on its hands now.
ACM is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 15:25   #876
Senior - BHPian

Any justification to buy an AT? The SX+ AT trim is heavily skimmed down. At least was expecting the full safety package to be included. At over 16L, doesn't sound that exciting. Plus some SX+ features are for the manual only like 60:40 seats.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 21st July 2015 at 15:32.
mail4ajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 15:26   #877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABbaby View Post
Great presentation visuals. Poor screenplay. Disappointing prices (AT). I am officially ex-creta.
That is a good one.

Hyundai has always been doing this. Remember GETZ also got killed like this only. Tucson, i20 (Earlier one) also were the victim of wrong guys in marketing team taking decision on prices.

Here goes another prospective customer.
srameshdelhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 15:29   #878
BNM
BHPian

OTR Prices in Bangalore
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Hyundai Creta-creta-bangalore.jpg  

BNM is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 15:30   #879
Senior - BHPian

I am not in the market for a new car and hence did not participate in the pricing discussion here. However if I look at it as an outsider, given the features, comfort factors, looks and the engine, I am completely fine with the pricing of Creta. I think it is the speculation of a lower pricing that is leading to the disappointments on this forum.

Personally, I would not have expected it to be priced below Duster given Hyundai's positioning and product features. Duster may have been overpriced by itself, but then Hyundai is neither a charitable organization nor do they participate in any mission such as "SUV for everybody". They are here to do business and they have to price it considering the market demand, production capacity and profitability. If they find it not selling, then they will have to do some about it.

Btw, these C+ class SUVs now seem to have positioned itself as the replacement of D class sedans which had lost its appeal during the Dieselization of passenger cars. When I bought my Civic back in 2010, it was close to 16L OTR.

Last edited by vasoo : 21st July 2015 at 15:38.
vasoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 15:31   #880
BHPian

Maybe correct, but definitely not sensible pricing. They are going to lose a lot of bookings now. Ford did it right. They started with a shock sticker, and slowly worked their way up. With these prices, soon Hyundai would be offering generous discounts. And any car once declared a sales dud, never recovers. No sales dud has ever recovered, be it with discounts, price corrections, face-lifts, name changes etc.

Time they replaced their MBA-wallahs.

Last edited by civic-sense : 21st July 2015 at 15:48.
civic-sense is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 15:35   #881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Top end diesel to top end diesel, the Creta costs a lakh more than the Duster. I think it's totally worth it. You get a far more modern car (Duster is based on the old Logan), interior quality that's 2 - 3 levels better, way more equipment, more power, refinement, ergonomics etc. Hyundais are also more reliable and offer a superior after-sales experience.

Of course, it's a different matter that the Duster is already premium priced. But the Creta is definitely worth a lakh more than the Duster. Where the Duster feels cheap & old, the Creta is premium & contemporary.
While I agree on the pricing, couple of points to consider differently:

- Hyundai has never been known for ruggedness. Refinement over ruggedness is an interesting debate in the SUV segment.

- While comparing with the Duster, the prices might be justified. But when the prices are looked at in isolation, this is the same bracket for Scorpio, and close to XUV, Innova. Each of them are proven cars and can take the Creta head on in different segments, and with 7+ seats too.

Hyundai has stirred up interest for sure - we have had about 10 pages of comments since the prices were announced. Will be interesting days to watch how things unfold!

Last edited by anshuman_v : 21st July 2015 at 15:36.
anshuman_v is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 15:35   #882
BHPian

Below is the price for Chennai, that I received from my dealer. In Chennai the AT is 16.5 odd
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Hyundai Creta-img20150721wa00182.jpg  

Chillout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 15:35   #883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Any justification to buy an AT? The SX+ AT trim is heavily skimmed down. At least was expecting the full safety package to be included. At over 16L, doesn't sound that exciting. Plus some SX+ features are for the manual only like 60:40 seats.
Hey mail4ajo, I feel the exact same. I also was interested in the AT, but for me, the pricing is one point, however, as you mentioned, the lack of safety features and lack of leather is a big downer. Doesn't make sense to spend that kind of money.
TkyoPandaMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 15:37   #884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Ah, good point! Even if it's 1.5 lakhs, I still think the Creta is well worth the difference.

If I was in the market for a monocoque SUV, I wouldn't compromise for the 8 - 10 years that I own a car for merely 1.5 lakh rupees.

The 6 airbags & ESP alone are worth a big premium.

I reiterate, where the Duster feels cheap & outdated, the Creta feels premium & modern. The formula & premium pricing worked with the Elite i20 - I don't see any reason why it won't with the Creta.
Beg to differ GTO. Duster is not the only rival! The list is big. XUV, SCORPIO, ECOSPORT, soon to be launched S-CROSS and future TAIGUN, ALPHA, BRIO SUV. Do you think Creta stands a chance on pricing with all these? It would be as someone has nicely put it "ëxcreta".

They should have priced it 1.5 Lakhs lower and not offered 1.4 L option at all. I for one believe that having a such a large band of price range (8.6 Lakh to 14.5 Lakhs) works counter productive, as the guy who paid 14.5 Lakhs does not want to be considered equal to similar looking car at 8.6 Lakhs. Isn't it? He might as well invest in a vehicle which is in 12 to 14.5 Lakhs range (XUV5OO) to be considered more premium!
srameshdelhi is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 15:37   #885
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
OTR Prices in Bangalore
I guess the 9K mentioned in the pricing list is 'Handling charges' and the ~50K header is insurance.

Both are high I guess, insurance should be in range of 20K I guess, those who are planning to purchase can negotiate on these two.

However, regarding pricing I guess it is high.

If you compare with XUV 5oo W8 which has ESP and 6 air bags - OTR Bangalore is ~ 17.4

Creta SX(O) which has ESP and 6 air bags - 17.2 OTR Bangalore.

Last edited by mpksuhas : 21st July 2015 at 15:43.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks