Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2015, 15:38   #886
BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Was expecting more aggressive pricing from Hyundai. I have cancelled my booking for Creta (was the first at my dealership). I won't call the pricing a disaster though. There will still be many takers for the mini SUV regardless of the pricing. I, however, cannot justify spending around 16L on it. I am now looking at good pre-used options from premium brands by extending my budget a bit (for instance a 2009/10 Audi Q5 3.0 can be found in the 20-24L range). Buying a new car spending on the ridiculously high local taxes and increasing prices does not make sense any more!
over.drive is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 15:41   #887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
I guess the 9K mentioned in the pricing list is 'Handling charges' and the ~50K header is insurance.

Both are high I guess, insurance should be in range of 20K I guess, those who are planning to purchase can negotiate on these two.
Not sure about Bangalore, but when I asked at my local dealership here in Noida, the guy told me that the insurance, and I quote, "HAS TO BE TAKEN FROM HYUNDAI". There is no option, at this time, to get it from elsewhere.

So basically, they are not even allowing the to-be owners of the Creta to choose their own insurance deal.
TkyoPandaMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 15:41   #888
BHPian

Following is price comparison of Creta with Verna, Ecosport, Duster, Terrano and XUV 500.
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Hyundai Creta-creta.png  

damager21 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 15:43   #889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Below is the price for Chennai, that I received from my dealer. In Chennai the AT is 16.5 odd
Whats with the registration charges in Chennai? Its over 11% ex showroom for base models and increases as we go up the ladder.
Old 21st July 2015, 15:43   #890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixz16 View Post
Wanted to book one, I have been driving Safari since last 7 years (3rdone right now), wanted to change to storme. Was waiting for the pricing of Creta, its tad higher, I thought they are bringing a product to compete with Ecosport !!

Safari Storme, I am coming!!!
If Hyundai is calling it a complete SUV then they must be calling Storme a Bumper SUV. I am sure Creta will not be as capable SUV as a Storme is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Except for ESP, 4 more Airbags; the S-Cross doesn't really lose out on anything compared to Ecosport/Creta. It comes with rear-disc brakes as well, something missed out on both Creta, Ecosport.

If they get the pricing right, they have a winner on their hands. Style be damned.
I loved SCross when I saw it displayed here in Gurgaon. I hope Maruti is not stupid enough to price it ridiculously high as they have given it a "PREMIUM' tag.
sourabhzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 15:44   #891
BHPian

This is bad pricing from Hyundai. On the contrary they were forced to announce higher prices as they got too many pre-booking. Had they been priced it 1lakh less, i20 customers would have shifted to creta and they can't afford that.Delivering 5000+ suv month on month is not easy and this pricing would allow them to settle in 3000 range in case of this product is going to be a success.

Really feeling for the people who have pre-booked in huge numbers and now cancelling in huge numbers as well. 4 of my colleagues have booked and all of them have cancelled. Keeping in mind in Bangalore 10L + ex-showroom price will have direct impact in the tune of 40000+ road tax, Hyundai should have priced at least one model of 1.6 CRDI below 10L ex-showroom. Ideally they should have priced all 1.4 crdi models below 10 lakh.

On the other hand people like me who have pre-booked S-Cross still having hope that the DDIS 200 models will have much better pricing hopefully the Sigma(o) at 8.49L. As somebody rightly mentioned, s-cross actually much better equipped in lower variants with dual airbags, abs and all wheel disc brakes. And it's a no brainer that the DDIS 200 is much better in FE and other aspects than the 1.4 CRDI.

Having said all these, I still believe creta is a better looking mini suv and deserved a better treatment from Hyundai. This is not a niche product and doesn't deserve such pricing. Just my perspective.
sou_3749 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 15:45   #892
Senior - BHPian

Creta being a Hyundai product might still sell in decent(or good) numbers. The reason why Terrano sells is because people feel its premium. The same customer would find Creta a much better option at similar price point. However if I was in market for Compact SUV I would have still bought Ecosport or Duster.
If niche styling was my preference then Ecosport it would be and if space was my concern Duster it would be.
While Creta is lot more premium inside than duster and offer more features than already feature rich Ecosport consider the downsides:
1. Though 1.6 CRdi is refined ,it is yet to prove better to K9K in terms of reliability. Have seen quite a lot of TDCi running a lac or 2. I doubt the long term reliability of Hyundai diesels. Also have had seen CRDi becoming expensive to maintain in longer term.
2. Top end to top end, Creta is cool 4lac costlier than Ecosport diesel. I don't think Creta has things worth 4 lac to offer over Ecosport.
3. We talk a lot about features,fit and finish, what about Handling, drivability. Initial tests have shown that it is nowhere close to Ecosport in terms of handling and not as good as the Duster as well. Hyundai CRDi were never known to be drivable, in comparison the K9K and TDCi are benchmarks.
4. Space wise it seem to seat only 4 in comfort like Ecosport. The Duster wins here.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 15:46   #893
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TkyoPandaMan View Post
"HAS TO BE TAKEN FROM HYUNDAI". There is no option, at this time, to get it from elsewhere.
This is a marketing / fraud tactics followed by many dealers.

If you are adamant / refuse to budge / make an issue with manufacturer they will budge.

Similar tactics can be read here.
Old 21st July 2015, 15:46   #894
Senior - BHPian

Considering the Sante Fe was launched at prices much higher than anticipated, the Creta is just following suit!

In terms of the current pricing strategy of ALL car manufacturers, Hyundai has done nothing so mind boggling unbelievable for its newest offering.

Get used to it. Cars are getting expensive amongst all segments.

Pony up the cash and get the Creta if you want to go premium and contemporary.
9thsphinx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 15:49   #895
Senior - BHPian

Well, the top end Creta ex-showroom price in Delhi is 13.6 L, which is around 1.5 L (including discount) more than the top end Duster. But then as people in this forum have mentioned you get 126 bhp compared to 110 bhp on the Duster and better interiors etc.

But if you pay a lac over the top end Creta model you get the top end XUV 500 at 14.99 L. Now this car produces 140 bhp, offers more seating and a proper SUV and other lac more and you get the 4WD version.

So it all boils down to an individuals budget and requirement. By adding a lac to our budget we would just end up being "Spolit for choice"

On a different note, I hope the Creta doesn't sell at these prices, specially the top end Diesel version. Because, if that happens Mahindra might just push up prices of the XUV as well. lol

Last edited by SnS_12 : 21st July 2015 at 16:04.
SnS_12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 15:52   #896
BHPian

I Just went to a dealer near by and checked it out in flesh. First Impression was the car is spacious enough but looking at the side profile, I felt the bonnet was shorter than it should have been, its similar to that of the Ecosport, and overall this did not look like a SUV at all, rather a grown hatch, since they crossed the 4M mark anyway, why not give it a bit more length, the i20 on the other hand looked better from the side with a longer bonnet (to body ratio wise).

Also i fail to understand why Hyundai has the rear windows placed so high up that even with generous leg room, it felt a bit clustrophibic.

The steering controls looked awkward to me as well, buttons were huge, did not look good at all with all those big buttons on a rather small steering

I think with the top end priced on par with a W6 XUV or New Storme/Scorpio the IX25 (i hate the name Creta, seriously what does that even mean) this won't sell like Hyundai is assuming it would.

Hyundai is being a smart ass here, i saw the S+ variants have airbags and thought may be at roughly around 12L the S+ petrol would be an OK buy but to my surprise there is no S+ in petrol, only at SX+ with all those nonsense hyundai goodies that i don't care about. Nobody likes a smartass Hyundai, nobody.
autohead115 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 15:59   #897
BHPian

Just got a call from Lakshmi Hyundai, Hyderabad dealer. Creta SX(O) OTR in Hyderabad is 16,32,148/-. Now time to check out the vehicle and of course the delivery timeline. And work on options - tussle between XUV500 (for few more bucks) vs. Creta.
jeetaman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 16:03   #898
BHPian

Points against Creta:
  1. Hundai is not known for ruggedness so far. Should an SUV be rugged or refined?
  2. Before Elite i20, Hyundai was not known for its driving pleasure or enthusiastic handling.
  3. Pricing puts it at par with known figures, like Scorpio and even XUV; not to mention the Duster and Eco Sport.

Points for Creta:
  1. Brand new, hype
  2. External Looks
  3. Good warranty

It will be good to see what happens in the next six months for the sales numbers, once the rubber meets the road!
Old 21st July 2015, 16:06   #899
Senior - BHPian

seems a very optimistic price point by Hyundai. In the minds of the average buyer, this price point squarely brings the XUV into contention- the fact that these two are in different categories will not be relevant to most, what they will compare and see is that for similar money, XUV is giving comparable (more?) features, bigger size, comparable service network, seven seats etc. the Creta will have its task cut out
Old 21st July 2015, 16:09   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaman View Post
Just got a call from Lakshmi Hyundai, Hyderabad dealer. Creta SX(O) OTR in Hyderabad is 16,32,148/-. Now time to check out the vehicle and of course the delivery timeline. And work on options - tussle between XUV500 (for few more bucks) vs. Creta.
This will be an interesting perspective:

XUV500 w8 pluses over Creta Sx(o)
  • Proven ruggedness
  • 7 seater, proper SUV - so 2 more seats
  • Micro hybrid technology
  • Light sensing headlamps
  • Rain sensing wipers
  • 8 way power adjustable seats
  • Rear disc brakes
  • Cruise control
  • Tyretronics (not sure if Creta has it to be honest)
  • Way bigger/better engine 2.2L (thanks to Crazy_Driver for pointing that out)

All this at just about 70K more!

Creta sx(o) pluses over XUV500 w8
  • Brand New, so wow factor
  • Maybe better A.S.S.
  • Priced around 70k less
  • Better warranty

Last edited by anshuman_v : 21st July 2015 at 16:32. Reason: Added warranty and Engine size
anshuman_v is offline   (9) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed