Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2015, 12:09   #1036
BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
The XUV is too wide while the Storme is simply too long. Both are a handful in bumper to bumper vicious traffic as well as difficult to maneuver into many MLCP parking bays.
I would like to point out after having driven XUV on Bangalore roads for last 3.5 years, that the size has never been an issue on the streets or inside MLCPs. My other car is i10 AT which is quite small in size but I don't get any advantage while driving it in chocked streets of Bangalore. As a matter of fact, in XUV you get relatively less push and shove form fellow drivers on roads.
In my opinion, the size thing is more of a mental block as you may notice that almost all Blore streets are able to accommodate huge Volvo buses.

Last edited by ampere : 22nd July 2015 at 12:15. Reason: Fixed quote tag
Acharya is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 12:10   #1037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman_v View Post
Duster RXZ110 Plus, vs Creta SX (0):
For me it is a no-brainer. The Creta is a more modern machine, has better quality, looks better and would be safer (Duster has abysmal NCAP ratings). There is no point buying the Duster in 2015.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
a full night's rest later, I have decided to go ahead with my purchase - the Creta SX+ Petrol.
So Hyundai's pricing strategy seems to be working. It wouldn't take long for one to realize that there is no real alternative to the Creta. Either you have to settle for a spartan Duster or settle for a smaller Ecosport. Both are heavy compromises. So I guess, many people who had set their eyes on Creta and left after seeing the prices would soon be back.

There is no point comparing the Creta with the XUV. If one really wants a big vehicle, he SHOULD buy the XUV. No point going for a bigger car just because it is of the same price. To me, a small vehicle provides certain advantages (maneuverability, parking etc) over a big vehicle (space).

BTW, anybody knows the kerb wight of the Creta? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
civic-sense is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 12:16   #1038
BHPian

You know what, IMHO, had they equipped the base L and S variants with dual airbags, it would have prevented most heartburns. At least there would have been a sensible entry point into this Small/Mid SUV; I say sensible because of the safety features. Whereas now, since the safety features are present only in the higher (and steeply priced) variants, the pricing has indeed gone and "rear-ended" the XUV that factually belongs to a higher segment; that's where all the comparisons started happening in the value-conscious Indian's mind (mine included). Hyundai India could easily have obviated this highly avoidable "accident".
rednikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 12:16   #1039
BHPian

From whatever experience people are having with their bookings, is it possible to get upgraded to the 17" alloys by paying something extra while buying the lower trims? If yes, which are the optional extras which are being provided for a price and what is the price.
Old 22nd July 2015, 12:19   #1040
BHPian

Quote:
Team,

With the "shocker" of the Creta pricing announcement + a full night's rest later, I have decided to go ahead with my purchase - the Creta SX+ Petrol.
Congrats buddy. I think you made a wise decision. You went with your heart and I hope you enjoy the ride.

I don't get the fuss about the price as it seems Compact SUVs are happily fetching a premium in the market and people are still buying them. I still see so many Dusters and Ecosports on the road even though personally I feel they are priced way above their value. I think people are more shocked to see Hyundai price a new launch on the conservative side unlike before. This happened once earlier when Tata launched Aria and people complained about the price. Although now it might seem VFM with respect to price now in comparison to all the compact SUVs.
classic86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 12:23   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
With the "shocker" of the Creta pricing announcement + a full night's rest later, I have decided to go ahead with my purchase - the Creta SX+ Petrol.
Good to see you have made a decision! I too have been pondering long and hard and have almost decided to go for the Petrol just like you. I initially was hoping for the SXO diesel because of the price points we expected, but now it's too expensive a purchase. Moreover, with my running the petrol makes too much sense. I just hope the engine does justice the the heavy frame. Will be going for my TD today and hopefully will have decided by tonight and made the rest of the payment tomorrow.

I even got down to considering alternatives.
1) Duster is the first choice which comes to mind, but personally I really don't like the design of the car and was disappointed at the interior quality when i first saw it.

2) Terrrano looks slightly better to me, but again it is in the same league as the Duster.

3) People are saying you should go for the XUV instead - come on, most of us have a budget! We can't just keep adding lakhs!

4) Scorpio - Again a personal opinion, but the design is really boxy and the driving position is like driving a truck, which I did not like at all. Moreover the legroom felt too cramped when I drove my friends Scorpio.

5) I even considered Sedans like the Verna and City but these are essentially dated cars which have been around forever and just going through facelifts and minor changes.

So considering all at hand, the Creta seems the only option left for me. It seems to be a well packaged, new design. The price is the only thing enraging most people - well the petrol is well within my budget, so I most likely will go for it.
vivekh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 12:24   #1042
BHPian

Quote:
Team,

Congratulations!!! Will only say a wise and well thought out decision. Have followed your posts avidly on this forum and must compliment you on your passion. You are still our Creta-man

Now i will be eagerly waiting for your ownership report, because i am sure it will be treat to read and we will get unbiased inputs from you.

BTW i am also inclined towards SX + Petrol but the salesperson in Chandigarh really let me down badly today and making me think otherwise .
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 12:26   #1043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Either you have to settle for a spartan Duster or settle for a smaller Ecosport. Both are heavy compromises.
How about this order? Ecosport>S Cross>Creta>Duster

Compelling choices for a customer across the price range. Maybe demand for Compact SUVs will become more rationalised and prices could come down. After exploring the option of selling my 7 year old Innova for one of these, I think the Innova is still a better bargain (more space, reliability, highway credentials etc.) than all these choices.
Old 22nd July 2015, 12:43   #1044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharya View Post
I would like to point out after having driven XUV on Bangalore roads for last 3.5 years, that the size has never been an issue on the streets or inside MLCPs. My other car is i10 AT which is quite small in size but I don't get any advantage while driving it in chocked streets of Bangalore. As a matter of fact, in XUV you get relatively less push and shove form fellow drivers on roads.
In my opinion, the size thing is more of a mental block as you may notice that almost all Blore streets are able to accommodate huge Volvo buses.
Fully agree! Many people have asked me, "How do manage to drive this huge vehicle on these narrow roads?" Mainly owners of "small" cars, like Alto, Nano, i10, etc.

2 years of XUV on BLR roads have given me the same opinion. I have never faced any problem in any MLCP, even the unreasonably narrow ones in some malls. In these same narrow places, I have seen Alto drivers scrape the wall while turning when I could manage it by driving a little more carefully. So it is more a mental block thing than anything else, as Acharya says.

But once you get on the highway...
Stryker is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 13:05   #1045
Senior - BHPian

Wow!!

The August Sales thread will certainly feature the XUV 500 as one of the top gainers, if not the top gainers!!

Even Renault can breathe easy.
Hyundai has lost the plot mid way.

From the earlier speculated Eco Sport competitor to a XUV competitor now, Creta is sort of becoming an (Ex) Creta sooner than later!!!

BTW, introductory prices, Ford way means that Hyundai does have a window to further jack up the prices.

Santa Fe, Fortuner here comes the Creta post the introductory price holiday!!!
Old 22nd July 2015, 13:07   #1046
BHPian

Quote:
Good job. Glad you could stick to it. I wish I could too. I never wanted Diesel in the first place. I was looking for a Petrol SXO (had it been available). But since it wasn't available i moved to Diesel SXO. My main criteria is safety and I need Side and curtain airbags (kid in the back seat). No compromise on that.
Another thing that let me down was the space at the back. Not good enough for 3 adults. But since this space was much more than Ecopsport, it could still work for me.

Now just waiting for Petrol SXO and hoping Hyundai launches it.
sngautam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 13:17   #1047
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Team,
Congrats RavenAvi. Good that you have decided to stick with the Creta. Only point is the mileage. Looking at the ARAI figure, I expect you will get max 10 in City driving. I assume this is not a big concern based on your usage and driving patterns? (If I am not mistaken you had booked the diesel earlier-Hence the question)
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 13:27   #1048

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
If Hyundai is calling it a complete SUV then they must be calling Storme a Bumper SUV. I am sure Creta will not be as capable SUV as a Storme is.

ha ha ha ha.. so true, I have finalized the 2015 Storme and I think I will have a better deal.

I loved SCross when I saw it displayed here in Gurgaon. I hope Maruti is not stupid enough to price it ridiculously high as they have given it a "PREMIUM' tag.
Even I had seen S cross. LOVED it! You are right, it would be good, if Maruti keep the pricing competitive, it can surely give tough competition to i20.
Old 22nd July 2015, 13:32   #1049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Fully agree! Many people have asked me, "How do manage to drive this huge vehicle on these narrow roads?" Mainly owners of "small" cars, like Alto, Nano, i10, etc.

2 years of XUV on BLR roads have given me the same opinion. I have never faced any problem in any MLCP, even the unreasonably narrow ones in some malls. In these same narrow places, I have seen Alto drivers scrape the wall while turning when I could manage it by driving a little more carefully. So it is more a mental block thing than anything else, as Acharya says.

But once you get on the highway...
At the risk of going OT, I do feel less exhausted driving the Ecosport after downgrading from the Civic. For one, I find it easier locating a roadside parking space where I can fit in.

I do agree that Bangalore roads are wide enough, but the moment your route enters a "halli", you would be hard-pressed for width. I don't know about other states, but in Kerala most bylanes are quite narrow. A narrower car is a boon.

In crowded Bangalore streets, a big SUV could make its way through, intimidating the small cars. But I hate the people who go around in Scorpios and XUVs pushing smaller cars out of the road. One thing that drove me away from the XUV was the type of crowd I encountered at the St Marks Road showroom when I went there for a test drive.

Last edited by civic-sense : 22nd July 2015 at 13:34.
civic-sense is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 13:41   #1050
BNM
BHPian

Small TD - AT

I know the price is the heated topic on the forum right now and everything else is secondary. For a moment if you keep the price aspect away and Test drive the AT - you will forget the price. !!

1. The engine is very quiet and refined (better than my Verna CRDI for sure)
2. If you floor the throttle right from the word go there is no turbo lag whatsoever. Hyundai has definitely done some adjustments. The lag in the Santa Fe AT was more pronounced
3. It was a pleasure to drive in the traffic and then when I got an empty stretch, I hit 100 without any effort. The tiptronic is also very responsive !
4. Steering continues to be very light. Boon for city, Bane for the highway !

Anyway I was superbly impressed with the AT and the 1.6 combination. I am going ahead with my Red AT. Main reason is the AT only and nothing else.
BNM is offline   (12) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks