Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2015, 18:32   #1156
Senior - BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
What next Swift Cross version at 15 Lakhs??

i'm afraid it is the sx4-cross. The swift already crossed resulting in sx4, and that is crossing again now.

But i think you are spot-on with the number 15.
ramzsys is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 18:35   #1157
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
There's no D segment sedan for 17 lakhs! All D segment sedans now start at 20 lakhs and go till 26 lakhs. Total market shift which sucks big time but is happening.
I agree but with people jumping up and down and going hoo haaa on all new launches and completely overlooking INR is totally absurd! Yes it might be a great car with great interior parts but NOT at this price. An XUV5OO or for that matter a Duster 4x4 atleast looks better VFM in comparison. You are getting a larger MUV in one or a proper 4x4 car with great handling in the other.

Hard fact Indian customers are being conned by these manufacturers and hope the realization sets in soon!
Jaggu is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 18:37   #1158
VKM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I was waiting for something like this comparo note!
Thanks Behemoth.
==============
I would really love to have a proper, point for point, comparo between the Creta, the Yeti and the Audi Q3.

Cheers!
Well, bang on with your questions. i guess all owners with around 4-5yrs old yetis would be interested to know this. A detailed comparo would be very helpful.
Old 23rd July 2015, 18:46   #1159
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I would really love to have a proper, point for point, comparo between the Creta, the Yeti and the Audi Q3.

Cheers!
Shankar. The Yeti is almost dead. There's no point comparing it with the Yeti. The new Yeti is 30 lakhs plus. In a different segment.

Secondly the Q3 is nowhere in the picture. A person who walks into a Audi showroom for a Q3 will not go into the Hyundai showroom and say, hey this is close to the Q3!

Forget the Q3 being in same segment than Creta, it's not even in the same realm. The top spec Q3 touches 50 lakhs and the Q3 starts at 40 lakhs!
Vid6639 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 19:14   #1160
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Shankar. The Yeti is almost dead. There's no point comparing it with the Yeti. The new Yeti is 30 lakhs plus. In a different segment.

Secondly the Q3 is nowhere in the picture. A person who walks into a Audi showroom for a Q3 will not go into the Hyundai showroom and say, hey this is close to the Q3!

Forget the Q3 being in same segment than Creta, it's not even in the same realm. The top spec Q3 touches 50 lakhs and the Q3 starts at 40 lakhs!
The new Yeti in Bangalore is 27.5 lacs on Road.
For those whom the Yeti has served faithfully and reliably these last several years, these questions are perfectly valid.
I am not concerned with the Q3's segment nor pricing. I merely want to know how the Creta stacks up against it.
Nor am I saying that a possible Q3 buyer may get his/ her head turned by the Creta.
I was merely asking those questions from a technical, functional, aesthetic and feature based stand point, not from a Brand comparison or price comparison stand point.
Hence, it would be nice, sometime, to receive simple objective comparison information from someone out there, concerning these three vehicles.

I found this link about the Creta on the web - it is interesting though not extremely detailed per se.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/48156369.cms

Last edited by shankar.balan : 23rd July 2015 at 19:15.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 19:23   #1161
BHPian

Quote:
Only a few Creta's prospective owners that will be comparing the two totally different cars, not someone who has / is looking for the Audi as you said.

Hyundai is only testing premium pricing waters, no manufacturer would be willing to reduce prices. Alternatively if sales do not catch up, they might introduce more features to each trim level to try and justify their pricing.

Hyundai plans on introducing a sub-4m MPV soon(as per reports), where would it fit, if the Creta was priced any lower. Creta's on road prices currently ranges from ~ 11 to 16 lacs.
They might be targeting the top end of this new MPV to touch ~12 lakhs i.e. around the same as the base Creta's. They cannot have the MPV priced near the i20 for the fear of cannibalization.
srs_shetty87 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 19:58   #1162
BHPian

I cancelled my booking and feel a lot more relieved, my hunt continues but on an hindsight I think the Zest AMT gives you more value for your rupee and I am seriously thinking of giving it another thought.

I could have easily stretched and bought one, but being practical I listened to my mind and made the decision.

All the best for Creta owners and happy miles with your SUV.

Last edited by Chillout : 23rd July 2015 at 20:09.
Chillout is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 20:35   #1163
BHPian

Awaiting the full complete test drive from Team-BHP and others. But at first look and the brief reviews, truly impressed with this machine. Seems this car is going to be a major hit.

If I had a hint of this car getting launched before I had taken the City CVT, I would have waited. There were no Automatic SUV's in this price range during that time.

Last edited by adarsh76 : 23rd July 2015 at 20:36.
adarsh76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 20:53   #1164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
My friend looking to change his 8 year old Civic and also a petrohead asked my opinion. When I pointed out Creta to him for consideration, he simply rubbished it saying he wants to upgrade and not downgrade.

All said and done, I feel your heart is already set on buying a Creta from your message above. My heart generally rules my mind.

All the best.
Even I have been looking for an upgrade for my Civic. Took a test drive of the Creta AT followed by a test drive of XUV 500 and then, walked in to have a go at Q3.

Someone later in the thread has asked for a comparison between Q3, Creta and a few others. I do feel today, someone looking for an upgrade from a Honda Civic or a Altis or any sedan would be exploring all these options - just like I am doing right now. I have a 2007 Honda Civic and I need to move on to something new and better.

My drive impressions:

I felt really comfortable driving XUV 500. But, the TD vehicle at India Garage had an issue with electric seat adjustment. The forward movement was restricted, which I was informed, was due to some coin that was accidentally dropped in by a kid. Now that gets me thinking - if I drop a coin accidentally and it accidentally falls into the slot then I will be stuck in one position till the service guys remove the coin and increase my coin balance.

My Creta AT drive from Advaith Hyundai was short and sweet but gave me a feel that one needs to rev up a bit to reach higher rpms for speeds to increase. There's a bit of a lag though. A longer drive will perhaps give me a better picture.

Like a lot of people here, even I am looking at that perfect value proposition that right now doesn't seem to exist - with all due respects to 'The Perfect SUV.'

We may have to compromise on the price or on the package. I am tempted to look at Q3. But is it worth it???
Sam Panch is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 21:13   #1165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
I cancelled my booking and feel a lot more relieved, my hunt continues but on an hindsight I think the Zest AMT gives you more value for your rupee and I am seriously thinking of giving it another thought.

I could have easily stretched and bought one, but being practical I listened to my mind and made the decision.

All the best for Creta owners and happy miles with your SUV.
A very sensible decision I feel. The Zest XTA is loaded with gizmos and is definitely a VFM for those hard earned 10 big ones!! (in Bangalore)

When I was in market for an upgrade for my Swift VDi, I zeroed in on Zest Revotron XT. At that time, AMT was unavailable on top end.
Wish, I could have waited few months and could have bought an XTA diesel!
Old 23rd July 2015, 21:34   #1166
BHPian

Why is everyone critical of the pricing? I do realise that it's higher than justified,but look at the face lifted thar and it's complete VFM! Granted,the thar is a proper off roader with lockable diffs now but a gypsy is quite a lot cheaper and better made. You don't need the lockable diffs for pot holes in the urban jungle anyways. The Creta is better than the XUV IMO,it should be safer,a lot more niggle free,faster,better interiors and more fuel efficient. The XUV will also be a lot more polluting than the Hyundai and is frankly too big for the crowded city. No matter how easy it may seem to drive around town,the fact is that SUV'S take up more space on the road for no practical reason. If I'd had to chose a Mini SUV, I'd get an Avventura.
Old 23rd July 2015, 22:07   #1167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Why is everyone critical of the pricing? I do realise that it's higher than justified,but look at the face lifted thar and it's complete VFM! Granted,the thar is a proper off roader with lockable diffs now but a gypsy is quite a lot cheaper and better made. You don't need the lockable diffs for pot holes in the urban jungle anyways. The Creta is better than the XUV IMO,it should be safer,a lot more niggle free,faster,better interiors and more fuel efficient. The XUV will also be a lot more polluting than the Hyundai and is frankly too big for the crowded city. No matter how easy it may seem to drive around town,the fact is that SUV'S take up more space on the road for no practical reason. If I'd had to chose a Mini SUV, I'd get an Avventura.
I am criticizing because Hyundai made me believe that they are launching something against Ecosport but they launched it against XUV.

It may be niggle free but safer and far more polluting than XUV is highly unlikely.

I think Hyundai should have pitched it as a compact but luxurious SUV.
Old 23rd July 2015, 22:23   #1168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Are you kidding or being serious?

For a "raised hatch back" that can seat 4 with some decent gizmo's you would pay 17 Lakhs? For 17 Lakhs one expect a fully loaded D segment sedan not a small wannabe city punter. What next Swift Cross version at 15 Lakhs?? and people will still keep running to the showrooms, that is how the Indian buyers are.
Hyundai dares to call Creta A SUV without 4 WD. I think Maruthi missed the party by not offering 4wd in S Cross. At 17 Lakhs XUV 500 W 10 AWD is the best buy. Mahindra should have launched XUV 500 Auto instead of Scorpio Auto.
Sarvodaya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 22:26   #1169
BHPian

Heard that a Creta toppled over today in MP...
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Hyundai Creta-img20150723wa0001.jpg  

Preview: Hyundai Creta-img20150723wa0002.jpg  

Preview: Hyundai Creta-img20150723wa0003.jpg  

Preview: Hyundai Creta-img20150723wa0004.jpg  

Preview: Hyundai Creta-img20150723wa0005.jpg  

Preview: Hyundai Creta-img20150723wa0006.jpg  

Preview: Hyundai Creta-img20150723wa0007.jpg  

hemant.kamat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 22:31   #1170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
Heard that a Creta toppled over today in MP...
looks like the result of a collision from front right. where some spirited driver probably in an attempt to show off his new machine, wrecked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
If I'd had to chose a Mini SUV, I'd get an Avventura.
AN Avventura of all things. I have a GC kit fitted Punto and Avventura is nothing more than a double GC kitted Punto. Not even remotely a mini SUV. Oh yes, forgot to mention the spare wheel which was thrown out but refused to leave the car and clung to the boot door.
Compounded by the ever so erratic service of FIAT. It should be the last thing on your list.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 23rd July 2015 at 22:39. Reason: merging posts. Please use the edit or multi-quote option if posting within 30mins on same thread.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks