Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2015, 22:02   #1291
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
There you go ! All the effort that Hyundai marketing put in labeling the car as the real SUV just went down the drain

Jokes aside, congrats on the car and wish you a safe journey with Creta. I don't think anyone is as emotionally invested into buying the Creta as you are.
LOL! I was thinking of the City as I typed that, so it was a honest mistake. Also, you can't blame me because I have been driving sedans and hatches all my life!

The Creta will be my first SUV purchase.

Although, if you have checked the Assembly Line section, you would know that I have given my Creta a male name.

And thanks for the wishes, my friend. I hope so too as well, after the bittersweet experiences my Empress (2014 City) has been leaving me with in her ownership so far.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 27th July 2015 at 22:08.
Old 27th July 2015, 22:37   #1292
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

The only good use of the 6th gear, as I pointed in my previous post, is on open, flat roads or expressways. For all other types of roads (most of Indian roads, unfortunately), it is of little use. It helps in keeping speeds constant at above 80-90 kmph, while extracting the maximum fuel efficiency from the engine, hence it does act as a semi-Cruise Control (of course you got to keep your foot on the accelerator).

I say this from extensive experience of driving my Honda City through all sorts of roads during the past year and half.

But yes, for the majority of Indian highways, the 6th gear is of limited use. As is Cruise Control as well.
If you turn on the ECO mode in the Verna it prompts you the gearshift at different speeds (on the supervision cluster). 4th at 40, 5th at 60 and 6th at 80!. It is quite accurate because you will feel the stalling/higher revs if you don't drive in those speed bands.
Old 27th July 2015, 22:46   #1293
BHPian

Desperately waiting for team-bhp review! Have read so much about it and also visited the Hyundai showroom here in Ahmedabad. It was good enough overall but the build quality was nowhere near my Vento.

I would have bought (I mean just booked) one if they had SX(O) AT. Can't just force myself to let go the security features for the comfort of AT. At the same time, don't want to buy the next car without AT. Tough luck.

Just read the news about Duster AT and now I have started dreaming about refreshed AWD Terrano AT. That would be good competition for Creta.

I'm not sure whether so much information has helped me or confused me.
troublemaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2015, 23:11   #1294
BHPian

I have trying to get hold of an AT to test drive in bangalore, but havent had any luck with Trident or Advaith. Does anyone know of one? Trying to get at least one TD in before deciding finally.
Old 28th July 2015, 06:52   #1295
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manku View Post
I have trying to get hold of an AT to test drive in bangalore, but havent had any luck with Trident or Advaith. Does anyone know of one? Trying to get at least one TD in before deciding finally.
Advaith on outer ring road ( belandur) had told me that they were expecting an AT TD car by mid of this week. Maybe you can check with them once more.
Old 28th July 2015, 08:21   #1296
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manku View Post
Go to Advaith Residency Road or Trident on Sankey Road (next to Cauvery theatre). Readily available for TD in White and silver colors respectively.

Best Looking Creta/IX25
I saw the accessories list in the previous page. Wonder if the bumper guards, alloy wheels and other figments like these are available.
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Hyundai Creta-image.jpg  

Last edited by ampere : 28th July 2015 at 09:27. Reason: Back to back posts merged
BNM is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th July 2015, 09:11   #1297
BHPian

I checked out the creta at the mall. The interior quality is the USP. Just unmatched!.

As other readers pointed out the rear suspension seems very soft. It really sinks when someone sits on the rear seats. Something the tbhp reviewers need to check. The other sore point is the alloys that look awesome from a distance have a grey painted feel up close. (Not a brushed metal finish)
Old 28th July 2015, 10:03   #1298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
As other readers pointed out the rear suspension seems very soft. It really sinks when someone sits on the rear seats. Something the tbhp reviewers need to check.
Somebody else also pointed it out in the forum with a snap.
This can be a deal breaker .
Hope the review clarifies this.
Old 28th July 2015, 10:18   #1299
Senior - BHPian

Test drove both the SX(O) and SX+ with 5 well built adults thru' some rough patches. The ride was really firm and planted. There was no instance of the wheels scraping the wheel well.

Did not have the chance to see from the outside since I was driving.
Warwithwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2015, 11:02   #1300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Test drove both the SX(O) and SX+ with 5 well built adults thru' some rough patches. The ride was really firm and planted. There was no instance of the wheels scraping the wheel well.

Did not have the chance to see from the outside since I was driving.
Now that you mentioned, I was at this dealership in Bangalore checking out the Creta. As I stood ogling at the thing, a TD car arrived with five adults onboard; and it was looking like one of those rocket-ship enterprises, ready to take off. Didn't click a picture, but I guess you get what I mean. I didn't opt for a TD due to the heavy rush so no comments on the drive.
Old 28th July 2015, 12:11   #1301
BHPian

Review of Creta 1.6 L Automatic by Siddharth Vinayak Patankar of NDTV Auto http://auto.ndtv.com/reviews/hyundai...review-1201272
mr.kaybee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2015, 12:41   #1302
Distinguished - BHPian

Team,

I reached the dealership at 9:30 AM. I was promptly taken to the stockyard which had 2 White SX+es, 1 Red SX+, and a couple of White Ss, all petrol.

Picked up a July 2015 make White SX+ but the trip meter showed 143 kms, and the ODO was at 154 kms! Car looked clean, but because of my doubts regarding the ODO reading, I dropped it. Proceeded to the other White SX+, which turned out to be a June 2015 make, with 15 kms on the ODO. This one was clean from the inside and outside as well, so I went ahead and subjected the car to our extensive TEAM-BHP PDI, which took longer than usual because I had to check the full functionalities of the Head Unit as well. Happy to report that the car passed the PDI with flying colours, and is now being prepped as my delivery car.

Also, I went through the whole owner's manual page-by-page but couldn't locate the specification for the car's kerb weight or gross weight anywhere. Closest I got is to a page specifying vehicle weight but it said to refer to 2 stickers on the driver door sill, but the car has only one sticker on the driver door and that's for the tyre pressures.

It has been sent for 3M underbody Anti-Rust coating as we speak. Will attach some snaps later.
RavenAvi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th July 2015, 12:50   #1303
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.kaybee View Post
Review of Creta 1.6 L Automatic by Siddharth Vinayak Patankar of NDTV Auto http://auto.ndtv.com/reviews/hyundai...review-1201272
Thanks. Interesting to see that his feedback of the AT mated to the 1.6 is largely negative. From the review

Quote:
And then comes the other big disappointment. The 1.6-litre engine itself is reasonably peppy and powerful - as I had experienced on the manual as well. But the automatic gearbox just lets it down - and how. The 6 speed gearbox has not been mated well to the engine in that it lacks response and punch. The turbo takes forever to kick in and its only past 3000 rpm that you start to truly enjoy it's character and power. Peak torque is available only in the 1900-2750 rpm band - and realising that on the automatic is vastly different from the manual.

The box does have a tiptronic feature but even in the manual mode downshifting is restrictive, and the mapping doesn't allow you to hit the redline. That makes instant acceleration a problem, and so you'd need a lot of getting used to and planning, when it comes to things like overtaking and quick lane changes. On the manual its a whole lot better, which is what makes the auto version a bigger let down. Having said that - the auto will still work just fine in daily city traffic
Looking forward to the other TD reports and the Team-Bhp Review. If it is as bad as called out, then this is finally off my list.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 28th July 2015 at 12:53.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2015, 13:04   #1304
BHPian

Quote:
The Creta also has ESC (electronic stability control) that works in conjunction with a vehicle stability management programme that caters to greater control when accelerating or braking hard, on varying surfaces. As a result the car also handles well, but a little bit of body roll creeps in at higher speeds or during sharp cornering.
Well, SVP seems to have got his facts wrong on this one. He was driving the AT which does not have ESC.
rednikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2015, 13:17   #1305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The turbo takes forever to kick in and its only past 3000 rpm that you start to truly enjoy it's character and power. Peak torque is available only in the 1900-2750 rpm band - and realising that on the automatic is vastly different from the manual.
Peak torque curtails at 2750rpm yet you can enjoy the power and character only past 3000rpm?

A typo or NDTV just lost their minds like with everything else they do these days?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed