Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2015, 08:05   #1381
BNM
BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post
I picked up my automatic Creta Silver colour in Bangalore today. For me the options for automatic diesel in suv type are very limited and next choice is around 10l more. So regardless of high price, I decided to go for it. I had booked in 3rd week of June. Happy with the machine. The engine is refined, very responsive. The ride and suspension (front and back seats) is comfortable. The experience at the showroom was pleasant. They met all agreed deadlines
Can you please let me know who your dealer is. I also booked the AT in the 3rd week on June exactly like you. I am still being played by the dealer without an allotment in spite of making full payment.

Last edited by BNM : 31st July 2015 at 08:07.
Old 31st July 2015, 08:38   #1382
BHPian

Mine was Lakshmi Hyundai on Bellary Road. As i understand it, they received 14 auto bookings but received only 3 vehicles. I think same story at play for most dealers across the country. I asked my dealer for engine and chassis number before I made full payment. They came thru as promised.
Wheeliej is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 09:06   #1383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafpnp View Post
That's how I think when I consider a vehicle.
I never go for a vehicle's looks.Creta is out of my list. Come on, my Logan had adjustable lumbar support.
I was very surprised with the omission of the lumbar support.
How can someone miss this on a 16.5 lakh car?

Quote:
I picked up my automatic Creta Silver colour in Bangalore today.

Short and sweet name decided - Ami.
Congratulations Wheliej, RavenAvi and Naveen Raju

looks like ownership reviews will be out before the official review

Last edited by ecosport rules : 31st July 2015 at 09:17.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 09:34   #1384

Took a TD of Creta. It is indeed an amazing car, although the pricing slid it partially out of my budget. With an initial budget of 10+/-1 the Creta doesn't really slip out with the SX petrol being 11.62L OTR Mumbai (Quote from Modi Hyundai).
However, I am waiting for the new entrants in the category like the Duster Facelift/SCross/Mahindra TUV300. If these fail- Creta is always there to come back to.
Old 31st July 2015, 10:33   #1385
BHPian

Haven't seen any reviews of the 1.4 CRDi. Comparing features, 1.4 S+ looks to me as the most VFM variant when compared to SX / SX+

Would request the modes to shed light on the drivability & other aspects of this one.
Old 31st July 2015, 10:59   #1386
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Mine was Lakshmi Hyundai on Bellary Road. As i understand it, they received 14 auto bookings but received only 3 vehicles. I think same story at play for most dealers across the country. I asked my dealer for engine and chassis number before I made full payment. They came thru as promised.
Sorry to ask again. Did they get 3 ATs or a total of 3 vehicles including MT. Also when you booked did you give them Silver as your color preference or you just picked what was available? Reason I am asking is I am getting funny stories because of color unavailability though I specified it back in June itself. I gave advice on this forum about customer ID creation when pre-booking is done but ending up getting played.
Old 31st July 2015, 11:05   #1387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Took delivery of my "Lazarus" at 2:30 PM in the afternoon, amidst loud cheering by the showroom personnel and confetti bursts behind us.

A rough estimate of his highway run today indicates a return of around 15 kmpl for the whole to and fro journey.Full mileage details in my ownership report when the tankful runs out.

Hopefully Naveen (team-BHPian naveen.raju) who picks up his Creta tomorrow, will finally reveal what the weight of the car really is.
Congratulations RavenAvi. I had mixed reviews about Creta and felt that with 1.5 L difference between the top-end Creta & XUV500, the XUV500 felt more VFM with lots of added stuff.

This opinion of mine changed after I took a TD of the XUV500 yesterday. Although XUV is good in terms of all the Features & stuff, the Quality factor is certainly lacking for a 18-19 Lacs car. This is where the Creta scores.

The mileage of 15 kmpl indicated was for pure highway driving or mixed driving? For pure highway driving, it seems a little less, but then again the engine has to still run-in completely. Hopefully you will be able to get some amazing figures in that department.

For the weight part of Creta, I was surprised Hyundai has not mentioned the weight of the car anywhere. Not on the Brochure and not even in the Manual. I was keen on knowing the Power to Weight and Torque to Weight Ratio as compared to the XUV500.
tejas08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 11:06   #1388
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Can someone comment on the "under-thigh" support of the Creta seats, both front and rear?

For a tall person, is the seating position and specifically, the under-thigh support comfortable/ as good as the European cars?
Hi Shankar,

The Creta is designed for average Indian Heights and I would say it is ideal for people in the height range of 5'4" -5' 10". Beyond this either way people would be uncomfortable. The seats to floor distance is less than the Yeti (even with the seat Height raised all the way up). The headroom is also less than the Yeti (at least 4' less). So people with more than 6' feet will be less comfortable in the Creta than the Yeti. The Yeti is typically designed for European heights (6 feet +) and has good seat to floor distances (hence better under thigh support) and much more headroom - in my case I have almost 6 Inches of clear headroom above my head in the Yeti (I am 5' 8"). In the Creta it was 3" above my head in the position I was comfortable in. The driving position in the Creta is slightly reclined, as it is with Sedans and not like the Yeti's upright driving position.
For someone who is used to the Yeti, the Creta will feel like a little step down as the black interiors also make it feel claustrophobic. The Yeti also has a larger Glass area - Front Windshield, Front Windows and Rear Windows and rear Quarter glass and rear windshield - they all make the Yeti feel more open and adds Light. In the Creta, all of these are much smaller.
Preview: Hyundai Creta-9.jpg

Last edited by Behemoth : 31st July 2015 at 11:21.
Behemoth is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 12:01   #1389
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
In my Xcent, the boot can be opened similar to car door with keyfob in your pocket. There is a request sensor. So Creta should behave in similar fashion.
Yes, I am happy to report that the boot door is also operable in this manner, without taking the keyfob out of the pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
I am getting folder/song continuity in my Xcent - this in the traditional HU so I am sure from a feature perspective Creta should have it in the fancy HU. Otherwise this would be a big bug which Hyundai needs to fix.
A problem which was specific to the 16GB Sandisk I was using. Switched that with an 8GB Sony USB, and the song continuity is all set. No problem.

I think the Head Unit has a problem reading vast USB drives, hence starts from the very first song by default, everytime. This is surprising, because my Honda City's HU reads the 16GB with song continuity on startup just fine.

Thanks for the heads up, JD1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafpnp View Post
There being no option of a lumbar support in any trims, Creta is out of my list.
Funny you should say that, because in my ~500 kms of driving over all sorts of terrains, I have found the back/lumbar support to be more than adequate.

The seat is comfy and cushiony, and the back support is pretty much there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ411 View Post
You have pretty much covered everything and I believe our mods will have a tougher time for providing additional information in the official review.
Thank you, RJ411.

You will be surprised when the official review comes out. Our Team-BHP reviews are exemplary and quite stellar in their presentations - wait till they crawl into the Creta's deepest secret places with their cameras and sniff out stuff which even us owners have had no idea of so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangvins View Post
What do you think about going for SX+ petrol over SX diesel?
Mainly, running. I know for a fact that my running won't exceed 10,000 kms per year and it will be mostly confined to inside the city, so pushing 1.5-1.75 lakhs extra for the diesel just for a few extra kms per liter or for that extra torque which I won't be using much unless I hit the highways, wasn't warranted.

Extra rupees means extra EMIs as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangvins View Post
I had also messaged @RavenAvi to get his feedback since he chose the VTVT SX+. Lets see what he has got to say.
Sorry, bud. Didn't receive any message from you.

Maybe because you haven't reached 25 posts yet. The PM feature activates only after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
What do you think about the engine? If compared with the City engine, how does it feel (power, torque, drivability, sound/lack of sound)?
Power - check. Fantastic, and pulls this compact SUV quite well.

Torque - check. Enough not to cause any sort of discomforting lag.

Driveability - check. With the light steering, it's a delight to drive inside the city. On the highway, it weighs up sufficiently enough to keep the car stable.

Sound/lack of sound - check. NVH levels are very impressive, probably best in class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
what tyres (size) does the SX+ come with, and how does she ride on undulating roads and bad stretches? How does the suspension react to load? Does it sag/sit and hence lose cushioning like the Verna?
205/65/R16s.

"HE" rides very well on bad stretches, potholes and small bumpers. If the road gives way completely and disappears, the car bobs about a bit on high speeds. Like I said in my earlier post, the Creta is no Storme. But it doesn't fare too badly on the riding comfort factor either.

Plus, one big factor to note - the back doesn't fishtail or careen around like a boat while turning on higher speeds (80+). I tested this on the ghat sections on my first day's running. Took my car to over 100 kmph 2-3 times (I am usually a sedate driver and not an outright enthusiast), and I can report this with a smile - the Creta was excellently stable!

The suspension hasn't bottomed out even once, during the past 3 days. It tackles the bad sections of the roads quite well, actually. No doubt the higher section tyres and the raised stance help quite a bit.

These new Hyundais have come a long way in handling and riding comfort, I must admit. Although they are not in the absolute league of the Fords and the Fiats yet, but they stand up very much on their own when compared to their Japanese counterparts. Weighed steering at higher speeds, holding it's composure as well, riding comfort, high stance - all wonderful things which add to the feel-good factor of owning the Creta.

For those who are still debating about the package vis-a-vis the price, I still maintain that the Creta's SX+ petrol and the SX diesel are very much worth their prices. All other variants are either lacking in features, or are simply priced too high.

It's a compelling and complete package. A Jack-of-all-trades, master of none.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suyr View Post
I value the extra torque, diesel economy and also the better resale value of 1.6CRDI SX over the few fancy features of 1.6VTVT SX+. This is my personal opinion.
Do factor in the extra costs regarding initial purchase, extra maintenance and extra load on EMIs as well.

For example, if someone is driving 5,000 kms a year, the diesel option, specially if bought with a loan, simply doesn't make any sense. Extra torque, diesel FE and better resale value notwithstanding.

And, as my Dad is often fond of saying, "Why start worrying about resale value even before you have bought the car?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
The SX+ has supervision? The brochure says only SX(O) has supervision cluster
There are 2 types of supervision clusters in Hyundais - the original one which was introduced in the Verna and "Fluidic" i20, etc., which is still present in the Verna 4S, and the "Advanced" Supervision Cluster which was introduced in the Elite i20, and is also offered in the Creta SX(O).

The one in the Creta SX+ is similar to the one found in the Verna 4S. For the SX(O), you have the added option of scrolling through separate screens in the MID for going through the options.

Please refer to the pictures in my previous post for all details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Can someone comment on the "under-thigh" support of the Creta seats, both front and rear?

For a tall person, is the seating position and specifically, the under-thigh support comfortable/ as good as the European cars?
Shankar, the under-thigh support is adequate. Not sofa-ish by any means, but quite comfortable.

I am 6'0", and I found the driver's seat very comfortable, once I adjusted the seat-height adjustment and the back adjustment according to my requirements. The pedals are also placed quite nicely for reach, and there's a proper dead pedal to rest your left foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
This opinion of mine changed after I took a TD of the XUV500 yesterday. Although XUV is good in terms of all the Features & stuff, the Quality factor is certainly lacking for a 18-19 Lacs car. This is where the Creta scores.
Thanks, Tejas.

This was one big differentiator for me too when comparing the XUV 500 and the Creta. Details in my ownership report.

Quote:
The mileage of 15 kmpl indicated was for pure highway driving or mixed driving? For pure highway driving, it seems a little less, but then again the engine has to still run-in completely. Hopefully you will be able to get some amazing figures in that department.
For purely the highway running. The ARAI certification is 15.29 kmpl for the petrol, so I am not surprised. In fact, I am very satisfied with this considering the added weight and the raised stance of this compact SUV, compared to the arrow-shaped design and lowered stance of my City, which in it's petrol avatar returns 18 kmpl on the highways.

If my Creta gives me anything around 10 kmpl inside the city, I will be very happy and content.

Quote:
For the weight part of Creta, I was surprised Hyundai has not mentioned the weight of the car anywhere. Not on the Brochure and not even in the Manual. I was keen on knowing the Power to Weight and Torque to Weight Ratio as compared to the XUV500.
This should be clear in the next few days, once the RTO formalities are completed. Will get back here in a dash with the exact figures.

But, speaking from riding experience, I would say that the Creta is in the vicinity of 1100-1200 kgs. The car feels heavy and sturdily built, with heavy doors, bonnet & boot, and absolutely no dents when the door & body panels are pressed with hard fingers.

This is a strongly-built chappy alright.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 31st July 2015 at 12:04.
RavenAvi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 12:16   #1390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

But, speaking from riding experience, I would say that the Creta is in the vicinity of 1100-1200 kgs. The car feels heavy and sturdily built, with heavy doors, bonnet & boot, and absolutely no dents when the door & body panels are pressed with hard fingers.

This is a strongly-built chappy alright.
Great that you are enjoying your ride. How soon can we expect your ownership report?

Regarding the weight part, I guess if anyone who has taken delivery of Creta can go to the weigh bridges that weigh the trucks on highways and get the exact unladen weight, that should help us in giving an approximate weight of car. Maybe the Mods should do it while reviewing the Creta.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 12:18   #1391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
Sorry to ask again. Did they get 3 ATs or a total of 3 vehicles including MT. Also when you booked did you give them Silver as your color preference or you just picked what was available? Reason I am asking is I am getting funny stories because of color unavailability though I specified it back in June itself. I gave advice on this forum about customer ID creation when pre-booking is done but ending up getting played.
I was told they got 14 auto bookings but only received 3 auto vehicles. I didnt check about manual bookings.
I had given preference for silver. They said give choice of atleast 2-3 colours. So i told them silver and white were preferred and that i wouldnt take red at all.

I recall reading about your customer code guidance and knew it was consistent with what the dealer told me also.

Seems Hyundai underestimated the percentage of auto bookings. So if you werent in the 1st few bookings at your dealer you will have to wait for the next lot.
Wheeliej is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 12:28   #1392
Senior - BHPian

So many questions on the weight. Hyundai is hiding it like they plan to launch the Creta into space.
@ravenavi, wheeleij, can't we just take the Creta to a local weigh bridge?it will answer all questions. Stupid!
Old 31st July 2015, 12:31   #1393

Quote:
Do factor in the extra costs regarding initial purchase, extra maintenance and extra load on EMIs as well.

For example, if someone is driving 5,000 kms a year, the diesel option, specially if bought with a loan, simply doesn't make any sense. Extra torque, diesel FE and better resale value notwithstanding.

And, as my Dad is often fond of saying, "Why start worrying about resale value even before you have bought the car?!"
Agree with you for the most part. My reasoning was specifically between 1.6VTVT SX+ and 1.6CRDI SX where in the price difference (OTR) is less then 50K.
Worrying about the resale even before buying the car is due to the rather less stable job scenario and difficulties in transferring cars between states.
suyr is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 12:51   #1394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
. Ya, it was a sudden decision. Absolutely no issues with the ecosport. Saw the creta and liked it, provided all features that I missed in the ecosport and wasnt as big as the XUV.

Hyundai always gets us on features!
Awaiting your ownership thread.
Btw how are the waiting periods there ?
Old 31st July 2015, 12:54   #1395
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Hyundai always gets us on features!
Awaiting your ownership thread.
Btw how are the waiting periods there ?
I have to click some pictures for the ownership report. It's already in the assembly line. As of now, the waiting period is some 12 weeks for the top end and they have temporarily stopped taking AT bookings. More than 50% of bookings are for AT and they are unable to meet the demand. Once it's back on track, they will restart the bookings for the AT.
naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed