Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2015, 18:22   #1456
BNM
BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
I too saw an automatic being delivered yesterday when I went for a TD.
Just to re-iterate - there are many more of these except the color i want
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Hyundai Creta-capture.jpg  

BNM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 18:34   #1457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The edge when it comes to manual transmission. Only thing I can see extra is the sat nav screen with reversing camera. The Automatic Ecosport is a 6 speed DSG with 6 airbags, ESP, hill hold and some extra features. The Creta Automatic is diesel with an older 6 speed torque converter and costs a whooping 6 lakhs more on road. For someone looking for an automatic crossover and is ok with the lesser space, the ecosport makes more sense. The 6 lakhs you save is more than enough for the fuel.
Exactly what I feel. I had the opportunity of sitting in/looking over the Creta at Orion Mall and while I liked the styling and the extra space, the point you raised above was what kept coming into my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
If you break down any SUV it is a large station wagon, or a 2 box car, with macho styling. If we do the same thing to an Alto sized hatchback, we get a EcoSport
A bit harsh that methinks - having driven around in the new Alto recently. I would say a Figo sized hatchback is a more appropriate example.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 18:57   #1458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I also believe strongly that the last row of seats are claustrophobic and uncomfortable and severely compromise luggage space as well. I do definitely deem the last seats both uncomfortable and unsafe as per my lights because in the event of a crash, there is no protection by way of Airbags etc and one can't even easily extricate one's self from these last row seats.
These vehicles are marketed as 7 and 8 seaters yes. But they are not really 7 or 8 seaters where normal sized human beings can sit in comfort for sure. You can disagree all you like but this doesn't alter the above facts.
All these vehicles are certified 7 seaters and quite safe if passengers are wearing seat belts. They may be hugely comfortable for rear benchers but serve the purpose as specified by their manufacturers.
Even Creta does not have six Air bags as standard offerings in all variants but that we can not certify lower variants as unsafe.
I believe everyone buys a cars based on what he needs and how much his pocket allows. Creta is good for nothing for a person who needs a seven seater and similarly innova is quite useless for a single guy or a couple.
sourabhzen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 19:28   #1459
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
1.I have used my Yeti on the waterlogged streets of Bangalore and so far so good. I have driven my old shape Maruti 800 in the Madras rains when the water actually went over the bonnet. Same with my Bolero on Koramangala 80 feet road near the present day Nature's Basket. Nothing happened.
I think the Creta can handle the Indian rainy season as well as the EcoSport or Duster but I am yet to see proof.
The Creta might be able to handle it but Hyundai hasn't specified any water wading capabilities something which Ford did and other so called SUV's do as well. So we don't really know.

And, a comparison with a Bolero which is meant for rural non existing roads along with a bare minimum 800 which is probably not having even fuel injection and thus no electronics like ECU is hardly an example to be giving.

Waterlogged roads upto what depth? The Yeti is only rated by Skoda for wading depth of 300mm which is lesser than the Ecosport. The reason is because the air intake in the Skoda is lower down. I would be careful next time.

Quote:
2. GC: The Scorpio has a GC of 180mm as does the Yeti. This may be adjudged to be amongst the lowest but they certainly suffice.
Actually speaking ground clearance is the lowest point in the under body. So the 180mm might be between the wheels which will be more than enough unless you take it off road over a rocky trail. For urban roads, the clearance between the front and rear wheels and the front overhang is the one that is more important.

The 190mm in the Creta looks to be sufficient with not very large overhangs.

Quote:
4. Ref the Innova and Lodgy. I believe that the Top Spec Indian ones come with only 2 Airbags at the most. My point is that we are paying Top prices for de-specced versions when compared to the International standard that these self same vehicles adhere to. I also believe strongly that the last row of seats are claustrophobic and uncomfortable and severely compromise luggage space as well. I do definitely deem the last seats both uncomfortable and unsafe as per my lights because in the event of a crash, there is no protection by way of Airbags etc and one can't even easily extricate one's self from these last row seats.
These vehicles are marketed as 7 and 8 seaters yes. But they are not really 7 or 8 seaters where normal sized human beings can sit in comfort for sure. You can disagree all you like but this doesn't alter the above facts.
Even in the US, not all 7 seaters get 6-7 airbags but they are not deemed unsafe and still sold.

If the 7 seaters are unsafe due to the rear most seats then even hatch backs should be equally unsafe?

Worldwide MPV's are available in 7 seater and are the size of Innova and Fortuner or even smaller.

Volvo, one of the most safest brands is selling the new XC90 in 7 seater config. There are no separate airbags for the third row except for the side airbags. Is that unsafe as well?

I have sat in the back seat of an Innova for 400kms and did not find it claustrophobic or uncomfortable. Infact I was sitting on one side with 2 full size suitcases behind me. I agree the XUV doesn't have the space but the Lodgy, Innova have ample space for luggage with all 3 rows up.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 22:40   #1460
BHPian

I was following a Creta this morning and noticed that the license plate chrome strip reflection is a big distraction, wonder how was it approved by the auditors?
Old 3rd August 2015, 00:01   #1461
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The Creta might be able to handle it but Hyundai hasn't specified any water wading capabilities something which Ford did and other so called SUV's do as well. So we don't really know.

And, a comparison with a Bolero which is meant for rural non existing roads along with a bare minimum 800 which is probably not having even fuel injection and thus no electronics like ECU is hardly an example to be giving.

Waterlogged roads upto what depth? The Yeti is only rated by Skoda for wading depth of 300mm which is lesser than the Ecosport. The reason is because the air intake in the Skoda is lower down. I would be careful next time.

Actually speaking ground clearance is the lowest point in the under body. So the 180mm might be between the wheels which will be more than enough unless you take it off road over a rocky trail. For urban roads, the clearance between the front and rear wheels and the front overhang is the one that is more important.

The 190mm in the Creta looks to be sufficient with not very large overhangs.

Even in the US, not all 7 seaters get 6-7 airbags but they are not deemed unsafe and still sold.

If the 7 seaters are unsafe due to the rear most seats then even hatch backs should be equally unsafe?

Worldwide MPV's are available in 7 seater and are the size of Innova and Fortuner or even smaller.

Volvo, one of the most safest brands is selling the new XC90 in 7 seater config. There are no separate airbags for the third row except for the side airbags. Is that unsafe as well?

I have sat in the back seat of an Innova for 400kms and did not find it claustrophobic or uncomfortable. Infact I was sitting on one side with 2 full size suitcases behind me. I agree the XUV doesn't have the space but the Lodgy, Innova have ample space for luggage with all 3 rows up.

There are some things on which you and I will never agree so lets just leave it at that. You're an expert I guess.

I think I also have a lot of experience with motor vehicles over several years.

I am making the comparisons as above based on real life experiences as well as my overall build and size so it would be nice if I could be allowed to have my opinion and make statements that I deem fit.

The old Fiat used to get into deep trouble in deep water on account of the Distributor being low. The 800 had its Distributor on top and hence could handle a lot of issues with water wading even though one would not normally want to take such a vehicle water wading.
The Bolero managed things pretty well but yes, its lack of electronics was an advantage.
The Yeti manages Bangalore waterlogged roads quite well but I would not try for example to wade through a stream or river in it while I would happily do the same in a properly equipped Mahindra Thar or similar.

Saying this, it is not every day that one is called upon to wade through water of such depth. Even if one were faced with such a circumstance, one would try for an alternate route irrespective of what car one drives. That would be the sensible way.

In ref to vehicle safety and relative discomfort, I still maintain that these 7-8 seaters are not really 7-8 seaters because they are both claustrophobic as well as dangerous in case of an accident.

I am sad that the manufacturers don't give us Indians many options when it comes to safety and continually try and pass off these vehicles as 7 to 8 seaters.

On the other hand, I have experienced the Dodge Durango, the Chevy Suburban and the GMC Yukon in the States - all these actually have solid comfortable third row seating, unlike the vehicles sold here.

Saying that, none of these vehicles above named, would be easy to use and drive in Indian conditions given our crowded roads.

But enough of this off topic stuff.

The Creta is a good package overall and Indian consumers are voting happily with their wallets because it meets their overall needs. I rest my case.
shankar.balan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 00:17   #1462
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Cool pictures illustrating the lighting and interiors of your Creta, RavenAvi! Very happy to learn that you're enjoying the company of your Lazarus. I'm sure you will continue to be pleasantly surprised with the way many more sophisticated little things are included, and these only add to the premium feel of the vehicle.

You may already be aware of this, but let me reiterate it - you can simply forget the meaning of words like "crude", "rudimentary", "unrefined", "rough", "uncouth", "rustic", "primitive", "flimsy", "unfinished", "poorly designed", "shoddy quality" etc. when you're in the company of your Lazarus, as with almost every other modern Hyundai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Had a wonderful day driving my Lazarus through the crowd-filled streets of my city...

- The 1st gear is good for pulling you from the REST position. It's pretty short, just like most of today's cars.

- The 2nd gear helps you to pull away neatly from 10 kmph onwards. It is also very helpful when you need that sudden surge of acceleration to manoeuver a quick overtake.

- The 3rd gear is where the Creta finds itself completely at home. Speeds of 30-40 kmph are like bread and butter for this wonderful compact SUV. Even a quick dash for an in-speed overtake is handled by the 3rd gear without any fuss. Head over 40 kmph (but under 50), and upshift to the 4th to keep the engine happy. I did this very occasionally though - 3rd gear was good enough...
Surprisingly, the Creta petrol's 4th, 5th and 6th gears have a taller ratio than 1:1 (or technically "overdrive"), although the 4th comes very close to a "direct-drive ratio". I guess they could do this thanks to a cleverly chosen final drive ratio and the 1.6 Gamma dual VTVT's linear power delivery with 123 horses at full gallop. Here are the gear ratios for the Creta petrol:

1st - 3.769

2nd - 2.045

3rd - 1.286

4th - 0.971

5th - 0.839

6th - 0.727

Reverse - 3.700

Final drive ratio - 4.563

Quote:
When you have reached your destination, hit the Start/Stop button again to shut off the engine, simply walk out of the car, close the driver door and again press the little black button on the driver door handle. Car is locked!

Ergo, keyfob is of limited use (except when you need to open the boot separately).
I guess you added in a later reply that the boot too doesn't need the key fob. Yes, the boot does have a request sensor hidden into the handle.

When all doors are locked from the inside (through the central locking), the boot cannot be opened from the outside. So the security guy wanting to inspect the boot (at malls, hotels etc.) cannot open it by pressing the request sensor. You'll have to unlock the central locking to enable him to open the boot.

If there is no confirmation beep or horn-like sound when you press the lock or unlock button on your smart key fob (not the request sensor), then here's one use for the smart key fob:

Press the lock button on your smart key fob once (with all doors, boot & hood shut properly), and the system will lock the car. Press the lock button on the smart key fob again within 4 seconds, and you will hear a confirmation beep or horn-like sound - this is the system confirming the car is already locked!

The smart key utilises a 3V Lithium battery (CR2032), and the passive entry system's operating range is 0.7 m (i.e. the smart key fob has to be within 0.7 m from the internal antenna embedded into the relevant door for the system to detect the key).

Quote:
- LED positioning lamps can't be seen from very close during daytime. You have to stand about a foot or so in front to see their light reflection. Even so, they are not as bright as standard DRLs. Actually, these LED positioning lamps are replacements for the normal parking bulb-sections in other cars.
So they aren't wired like DRLs that light up as soon as the engine is turned on? That's a bit disappointing.

Quote:
- The static-bending lights are very bright, and illuminate both corners quite nicely when the steering wheel is turned (in whichever direction you are headed). They come on according to steering wheel input, and shut off automatically when the turning/curve is negotiated. I had plenty of mischevious fun by turning the steering-wheel in both directions in quick succession, just to see both cornering lamps come on and brighten both sides of the road ahead, much to the perplexity of the people around the road areas.
Hyundai have used these static bending lamps superbly! Full marks to them on this, just as on the i20 Active.

Some cars use a cheaper, not-as-effective option (cars in which the corresponding fog lamp lights up when the steering is turned in that direction). Some cars have dynamic bending lamps which are quite expensive and complicated.

Hyundai have found an excellent middle ground with their interpretation of static bending lamps!

The bulbs used for the static bending lamps are surprisingly of the same wattage (55W) as the headlamp bulbs! This would mean fantastic illumination at night in the direction in which the steering is turned (55W output from one bulb inside the projector headlamp combined with 55W from the static bending lamp bulb). This would be an immensely useful aid in spotting hidden things around the corner during night driving, and Hyundai deserve appreciation for coming up with such a thoughtful, functionally effective & cost-effective implementation of bending lamps. Here is an illustration of how useful they are on turns:

Preview: Hyundai Creta-image.jpg

The static bending lamps use 55W H11B bulbs.

The bulbs inside the projector headlamps are 55W 9005 HL+ ones, while the lower variants use 55W H4 headlamp bulbs.

The front fog lamps on all variants utilise 35W H8 bulbs.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th August 2015 at 13:22. Reason: Edited as requested.
RSR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 10:12   #1463
BHPian

Hi guys - took delivery of my new sleek silver Creta 1.6 L SX(O) (with the manual transmission) on Friday afternoon!

The Big Decision Point: I test drove my friend's SX+ AT (with the automatic transmission) the night before the delivery, and spent a horrendous night tortured with doubts! Seriously, the automatic gearbox is simply that good!!!

Both of us had pre-booked the ix25 (as it was then called) - fully loaded diesel automatic, before finding out that this variant existed only as a figment of our imaginations. My friend has a bad left leg and drives in the city most of the time, so he stuck with the SX+ AT, especially after we confirmed that Hyundai was going with the automatic gearbox from the Elantra and not the one from the Verna.

After thinking long and hard, I found that out of the 1,30,000 Kms that my Vento TDI has covered in the last 4 years, I've driven ,myself only around 25,000 Kms - approximately 20% of the time. So the question for me boiled down the following point - 80% of the time it would be either me or a loved one in the back seat, and in the event of an accident, only my driver would get the benefit of the airbags. Not only that, the Electronic Stability Control would not be available in the AT version to compensate for any stupid moves by the driver. So in effect, I would be paying a premium for the driver's safety and convenience, while depriving myself and my family.

So hardened my heart and stuck with my decision, and took delivery of my SX(O).

Initial Impressions:

Had a big audit on Saturday, so couldn't really enjoy the Silver Fox till yesterday...and I must say, the performance Creta has absolutely blown me away! Brings a smile to my face every time I drive it! Feels solid like a tank to me, and handles like an eager bull inside the city in lower gears, without requiring me to change gears very often - 3rd gear is good enough most of the time. And when I do need to change gears, the process is butter smooth.

On the highway, the steering stiffens up nicely, and prevents any sudden movements. This was a marked improvement over the i10 Grand which I also own...there's no "Oh damn! I did not expect it to swerve so suddenly!" moments that I had sometimes with the i10 where the car seemed to jerk suddenly at the slightest of steering inputs. But yes, I have to admit that the steering does not feel as sporty as the Vento.

Minor Irritants:
1. The glove compartment simply thuds open very jarringly - would have been really nice to have it slide open slowly like the sunglass holder

2. The Side View Mirror open / close button does not have any illumination - so one has to fumble about in the dark to locate it!

Other than that, extremely happy with my new Silver Fox
mr.kaybee is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 10:31   #1464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.kaybee View Post

Hi guys - took delivery of my new sleek silver Creta 1.6 L SX(O) (with the manual transmission) on Friday afternoon!
Congrats mr.kaybee on your latest acquisition and this has to be detailed on an ownership thread separately !!

I have read many reviewers confirming the fact that Hyundai have really improved the driving dynamics considerably over their other offerings. I know this would not be the right comparo, but since you have owned Vento over a very long period, can you please post a quick head to head including the performance overview of the two 1.6 engines ??

Last edited by Vik0728 : 3rd August 2015 at 10:33.
Old 3rd August 2015, 11:17   #1465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylife_myrules View Post

I think I also managed to get some details which I think would be in the larger interest of this group :
If I am right the coefficient of drag for Ecosport is 0.37 and for duster is 0.42. Also In one the slides, Hyundai calls i20 Active as Sport styled and in the immediate next, it becomes an SUV.
Comparison to XUV500? Well from price point they seem right, not from any other perspective. Wondering what stopped them from comparing with Fortuner,CRV with Creta
And the last slide, while Verna when launched was stylish, the dipping sales figures has started to show its age. And what makes me laugh is the last sentence, "Balanced Vehicle Dynamics" and Verna are poles apart.
Old 3rd August 2015, 11:58   #1466
BHPian

I went to Kothari Hyundai at Kharadi, Pune yesterday to check out the Creta, along with my wife.

A red Creta was positioned prominently in the showroom. A few sales folks were hanging around here and there, and two receptionists were at the desk, giggling away and doing chitchat among themselves.

There was another small group of potential customers already looking around the Creta.

No sales person came forward to meet us and ask what is required - anyway, we went straight to the car.

Good looking car with a certain presence, and since pages have been written on the pluses and minuses , I am not repeating here.

Only one point from my side - the quality of interiors seemed a notch below my first-gen i20. Maybe I am biased here..

The boot wasn't opening, and I remembered reading some posts about this . Proceeded to inspect the boot from the rear seat. The parcel tray was down.

We realised that the other group of 3-4 people was also unattended, and they were going around inspecting their car on their own.

One sales person ( I guess ) was leaning against another display car some distance away, lazily glancing at us, showing no interest to come over.

Anyway I didn't need the sales guy to come and tell me about the car as I had done my bit of research already, and for some reason I didnt want to ask for a test drive -so we stepped out after we finished our inspection of the car.

Strange. A new model introduced after much hype, and the showroom folks dont seem to be interested to sell!

Went over to NEXA showroom after that, and the experience was exactly the opposite. The sales rep was happy to spend as much time with you as needed, and explained every feature of the car, and the "differences with Creta" (after I told him that I checked out Creta a while back ), and since the printed brochures were not ready ( the showroom hadnt formally opened yet ), whatsapped me soft copy versions of the brochure by the time I reached home.

Overall my first impressions are that the S Cross doesnt look much inferior to Creta, except that it has a low stance ( almost a hatch - a slightly elongated version of an i20..) . I liked the fact that it had cruise control. Couldnt find much difference in interior quality.

If the pricing is right, S Cross will definitely be a very decent option. The boot is a bit small though.

Creta, well, good car overall, and looked like a slightly smaller version of a Santa Fe.

Last edited by Bigzero : 3rd August 2015 at 12:13. Reason: Grammar/punctuation/spelling
Old 3rd August 2015, 12:07   #1467
BNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzero View Post
I went to Kothari Hyundai at Kharadi, Pune yesterday to check out the Creta, along with my wife.

A red Creta was positioned prominently in the showroom. A few sales folks were hanging around here and there, and two receptionists were at the desk, giggling away and doing chitchat among themselves.

There was another small group of potential customers already looking around the Creta.

No sales person came forward to meet us and ask what is required - anyway, we went straight to the car.

We realised that the other group of 3-4 people was also unattended, and they were going around inspecting their car on their own.

One sales person ( I guess ) was leaning against another display car some distance away, lazily glancing us, showing no interest to come over.

Strange. A new model introduced after much hype, and the showroom folks dont seem to be interested to sell!

Went over to NEXA showroom after that, and the experience was exactly the opposite. The sales rep was happy to spend as much time with you as needed, explained every featur of the car, and "differences with Creta" (after I told him that I checked out Creta a while back ), and since the printed brochures were not ready ( the showroom hadnt formally opened yet ), whatsapped me soft copy versions of the brochure by the time I reached home.
I think we read several instances of the sales reps showing disinterest/ disrespect to many potential customers on this forum. I too faced this at one of the dealers. On the other hand the NEXA folks who visited our office block with with Car loaded in the display truck were amazingly polite, well groomed and genuinely interested. In fact they followed up thoroughly in spite of me telling that I had booked the Creta.

I hope Mr. Srivastava is making note of these comments. Hyundai had recent success with their elite i20 and now they have the Creta. I hope they don't get carried away and allow the dealers to do as they please.

Last edited by BNM : 3rd August 2015 at 12:10. Reason: Removed some material within the quotes
BNM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 12:46   #1468
BHPian

Hai Guys,
I took delivery of my Creta SX+ AT on Saturday. Few details about the car & initial ownership impressions are as below,

> Colour - Sleek Silver
> Extra accessories - floor mat and mud flaps (OEM for CRETA from dealership). The floor mats are of extremely good quality but are cloth type and will get soiled very easily. The mud flaps are also snug fit types.
> Engine + Transmission - very responsive and highly refined
> Brakes - are adequate, but an all wheel disc brake set-up would have done wonders in Creta.
> Suspension - absorbs the bumps and potholes quite well at low to moderate speeds but at high speeds it gets a bit bumpy.
> horns - are amazing and sounds premium too
> seats - front seats are the place where you would want to be in the creta. rear seats are alright but are set too low to my moms liking and she complaints that she cant see out of the window too well. Fabric seats feels and looks decent - but nowhere in the league of art-leather seats.
> plastic quality - acceptable, but then again some art-leather inserts here and there would have made a huge difference in the overall appeal.
> steering - clearly a step above the fluidic verna that I was using earlier with good amount of feedback.
> boot - is good enough for the car of this size and everything is packed neatly here.
> 60:40 split folding seats - are good to have and would come in handy to haul some long and tricky stuff.
> AVN - is smooth and its response is not that bad either. sound quality is decent for an OEM set-up, navigation is good (haven't tested it extensively though). Reverse camera with guidelines is easy to use. The clarity/ resolution from this AVN is not exceptional but its not that bad either.
> headlamps - LED positioning lamps are not that bright, headlights are sharp and the high beam is impressive, fog lamps are also good. When coupled with the static bending lamps, lighting seems to be impressive from this unit and I don't see any reason to upgrade them for now.
> dashboard - feels cheaply put together. It has no damping, smooth release function and feels jerky sometime to open and close.
> the console armrest - should have been wider and a bit longer too. Even a sliding function could have helped.
> AC - works like a charm, but somehow I wish the rear vents could have had better and more air flow.
> the key fob looks fab and premium too.
> distance covered so far - 200km

I will also post some pics soon guys.
thealtoman is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 14:05   #1469
RSR
Senior - BHPian

The Creta's HVAC / climate control has specifications similar to that on the Elantra, rather than Verna (which in turn, is similar to that on the new i20).

While the Verna and i20 / i20 Active use a 122cc compressor across engine options, the Creta gets a larger 142cc compressor for all engines (just like the Elantra):

Preview: Hyundai Creta-image.jpg

The Elantra has a refrigerant capacity of 500 (+/- 25) g, while the Creta's system holds even more R134a refrigerant at 530 (+/- 25) g.

I couldn't find the condenser ratings for the Creta, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're the same as those on Elantra. This would mean the 1.6 petrol Creta gets a condenser with a slightly higher heat transfer capability than those on the 1.6 CRDi & 1.4 CRDi. Most probably, this is because of the need to physically accommodate the intercooler on CRDi cars, and this trait is also observable on other Hyundais with both fuel options.

By the way, the Creta uses a climate control system from Halla Visteon. (News tidbit - Halla Visteon Climate Control Corp. was renamed as Hanon Systems rather recently).

The Creta may share several things with the Verna and i20, but it also gets some significant things from the Elantra, such as:

- The petrol engine is mated to a 6-speed MT like on the Elantra (& unlike the Verna's 5-speed MT). {Here's a related, interesting tidbit - the Creta may get a petrol 6-speed AT option for some export markets, as I've seen the gear ratios for a 1.6 Gamma with the 6-speed AT. Sadly (but understandably), we may never get this engine-gearbox combo in India.}

- The diesel Creta gets a 6-speed AT gearbox option from the Elantra (instead of the 4-speed AT on Verna).

- Both, Creta and Elantra get wheels with 5 lug holes (unlike the Verna's 4 lug ones).

- In terms of tyres - the Verna gets 185/65 R15 & 195/55 R16 shoes, the Elantra gets 205/60 R16 footwear, and the Creta gets 205/65 R16 & 215/60 R17 tyres.

- As we have just seen above, the Creta's HVAC / climate control system is similar (& maybe slightly better) in terms of specifications to that of Elantra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealtoman View Post
Hai Guys,
I took delivery of my Creta SX+ AT on Saturday. Few details about the car & initial ownership impressions are as below,

> Colour - Sleek Silver

Hearty congratulations, thealtoman! Wish you many, many happy miles & delightful years of ownership!

Last edited by RSR : 3rd August 2015 at 14:26.
RSR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 15:23   #1470
BHPian

Hyundai dealership are at their notorious best these days. I was doing a follow-up call at the dealership to get a sequence number on my pre-booked Creta, which they had promised last week. However, now they are telling me a waiting period of 6 months, but if I have some contacts (reference) then it could be made faster. They are openly acknowledging that they are not maintaining any sequence number or anything like that. Now this whole pre-booking drama seems to be just a sham as it doesn't guarantee any priority or fixed delivery date / sequence. Unfortunately someone with GM''s reference can get a car within weeks, but someone with pre-booking needs to wait till there is one rusting in the stockyard.
Its a shame that Hyundai has managed to utilize this hype to tarnish their image. Good luck Hyundai, and congratulations on beating the benchmarks of customer services set by Skoda/ VW.

Last edited by jha.shailesh : 3rd August 2015 at 15:25.
jha.shailesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed