Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2015, 18:36   #1531
Senior - BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I stumbled upon this on FB,
Please go through the previous posts. This has been discussed extensively!

Last edited by GTO : 8th August 2015 at 11:33. Reason: Strictly no SMS / slang language on Team-BHP please
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 19:08   #1532
BNM
BHPian

Finally

A few Pics of my RED AT !!
1. All mods are getting done tomorrow - 17" with Michelin P3/Amp/JBL Speakers/Leather seats....More photos on Sunday !
2. Funny - it took in 57 litres just after the yellow indicator light came on. Wonder if the actual capacity is 60 litres.
3. Couldn't drive much as Bangalore was soaked with traffic snarls everywhere. I enjoyed the traffic in a way - why else would you need the AT
4. Came home opened the garage to get my Verna out and make space for my new baby. Getting in was difficult suddenly !
5. Amazing NVH levels. My daughter and wife kept commenting why isn't there any sound ?
6. The engine does not shudder when you turn off the engine which happens on the Verna and the i20
7. Only irritating part so far was the music system was coming ON every time i started the vehicle though it was off before switching off the engine. Must be to do with the settings.
Attached Thumbnails
Preview: Hyundai Creta-1.jpg  

Preview: Hyundai Creta-2.jpg  

Preview: Hyundai Creta-3.jpg  

BNM is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 19:24   #1533
BHPian

Congrats BNM and wishing you many happy miles on your new ride.
sohu9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 19:53   #1534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNM View Post
Finally

1. All mods are getting done tomorrow - 17" with Michelin P3/Amp/JBL Speakers/Leather seats....More photos on Sunday !
2. Funny - it took in 57 litres just after the yellow indicator light came on. Wonder if the actual capacity is 60 litres.
3. Couldn't drive much as Bangalore was soaked with traffic snarls everywhere. I enjoyed the traffic in a way - why else would you need the AT
4. Came home opened the garage to get my Verna out and make space for my new baby. Getting in was difficult suddenly !
5. Amazing NVH levels. My daughter and wife kept commenting why isn't there any sound ?
6. The engine does not shudder when you turn off the engine which happens on the Verna and the i20
7. Only irritating part so far was the music system was coming ON every time i started the vehicle though it was off before switching off the engine. Must be to do with the settings.
Congrats BNM on your new ride. Looks hot. We already have wonderful ownership threads for SX+ Petrol, SX(o) diesel and now eagerly waiting for your SX+ AT ownership thread to know more about the AT performance .
praveen_v is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 20:35   #1535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvik6 View Post
Really appreciate your inputs, great advice!

Can you please clarify what exactly is the purchase, inspection & registration process here since I have never experienced it. Just the jist of it all and few things to look out for.

Currently my loan got approved today and my loan manager has communicated to the dealer regarding payment being made to their account to start the purchase process. Balance amount dealer was insisting for me to come by tonight and give in cheque so I can take delivery tomorrow. I insisted I will come by 9am before showroom opens to start PDI shared here before I sign any cheques. Seemed a bit desperate and pushy for the first time in about the 10 calls we have done so far insisting that they have brought the car already from stockyard to showroom and done done cleaning and coating already. The bank assured the dealer is genuine though and also requested dealer to hold the car till tomorrow. Maybe its too late to opt out of the anti rust and teflon coating charges since the quote he gave me over phone of exactly 16L included this service. Any chances I can still debate with dealer regarding the illegality of asking 7k for logistics charges as SC notice from couple years back? Can you also tell how long after full payment is made does it take to get the road tax done and get permanent plates done. Dealer told be will try to get it done tomorrow only but said might take a day also. Dealer is in East Delhi and I am not at all familiar with that area sadly.
Something that skipped my mind entirely was the "Return to Invoice" Add On cover in the Insurance.
It covers the difference between the invoice value and the exshowroom value in the event of theft or total loss. Normal insurance only covers the exshowroom value of the car. I think you can still opt for it by contacting your insurer for around Rs.5000. A very nice provision considering that amount alone is 2.5 lacs and it is around 2% of the amount.

Last edited by Jag4 : 7th August 2015 at 20:42.
Jag4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 20:42   #1536
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations, BNM, and wish you many, many happy miles and smiles! Do post some pictures of the AT gear lever and the 60:40 split folding rear seat with 3 adjustable neck restraints & ISOFIX child seat anchors.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 22:34   #1537
BHPian

Congrats BNM now you are a proud owner of an elite compact SUV.
Kindly share the details of the modification you done with Creta along with prices, as it will help others as a reference point.
ddriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 06:21   #1538
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Finally

Congrats BNM. So 1.6 petrol, 1.6 Diesel and now the AT. I hope you are working on your ownership report. Can you share more details on the mods ?

Enjoy your drive!
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 07:12   #1539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangvins View Post
The dealer in Hyderebad told me that Hyundai is going to launch a AVN unit with reverse camera next month as an accessory. He said that it could be priced roughly around 50k. Also, it is possible to fix an ECM with a camera for around 13k. I felt, either of these two would make the SX version much more VFM considering that the difference b/w SX and SX+ is almost 1.3-1.4 lakh OTR. Did anyone else hear about similar accessories?
The Cochin dealer also commented in the same lines. The reverse camera is the OEM on the Verna 4s. Yes there is likely hood of the AVN unit ad accessory as many i20 customers are wanting a HU upgrade to AVN.
I have booked a SX variant which is 1.4 L cheaper than the SX+. I might go for a 7 inch aftermarket HU with Apple carplay later, than sticking onto this not very VFM HU.

Please merge. Sorry for the additional post.
Quote:
Finally

Please share your ICE upgrade details. I also would like to upgrade the ICE. I feel the speakers are poor and boomy.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th August 2015 at 10:37. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote feature to quote and respond to multiple posts.
sandygordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 09:56   #1540
BHPian

I finally booked my 1.6 Creta SX. Since white was available off the shelf (and it looks gorgeous in white) decision was a bo brainer. Actually there is a wait period on the car but this dealer had one unit on display that he wanted to sell.

I am also planning to put a few upgrades -
1. ICE - i have 3 way set, 2 amps (mono and a 4 channel), wiring and HU here with me and yet to get another 4 channel, sub and processor with remote shipped from US. Hopefully i would have all my pieces by mid Sep.

2. Tyres - i bought momo alloys for SCross, when i was planning to get one but now since i have changed my mind, i am confused on what to do. I can either trade them for 17" ones and tyres for upsized ones or just return them (since Cretas alloys are not ugly as SCross's).
Old 8th August 2015, 10:26   #1541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi99 View Post
I finally booked my 1.6 Creta SX. Since white was available off the shelf (and it looks gorgeous in white) decision was a bo brainer. Actually there is a wait period on the car but this dealer had one unit on display that he wanted to sell.

I).

If it is display vehicle it will never hurt to do a thorough PdI inspection using tbhp checklist. Also you should negotiate for discount if it's a display vehicle
Old 8th August 2015, 10:35   #1542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
The Cochin dealer also commented in the same lines. The reverse camera is the OEM on the Verna 4s. Yes there is likely hood of the AVN unit ad accessory as many i20 customers are wanting a HU upgrade to AVN.
I have booked a SX variant which is 1.4 L cheaper than the SX+. I might go for a 7 inch aftermarket HU with Apple carplay later, than sticking onto this not very VFM HU.
Please keep me posted on your aftermarket HU once you finalize. One related question, will these aftermarket fitment not void the warranty since we might get it done outside and they need to tamper with the wires?
Old 8th August 2015, 11:36   #1543
BHPian

Quote:
Finally

Congratulations on the Creta AT. Pls do share more information on the driving experience of the Creta AT. I checked out the car in its MT avatar but looks like a Creta AT would be a perfect ride for the city and occasional highway rides.

Will await your update on the AT's response to different traffic conditions.
abs182 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 12:30   #1544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi99 View Post
I finally booked my 1.6 Creta SX.
I am also planning to put a few upgrades -
1. ICE - i have 3 way set, 2 amps (mono and a 4 channel), wiring and HU here with me and yet to get another 4 channel, sub and processor with remote shipped from US. Hopefully i would have all my pieces by mid Sep.
Please share the details of HU upgrade
Can the steering controls, control an after market HU? If yes any adapter available for the same?
Old 8th August 2015, 12:36   #1545

Quote:
Finally

Congratulations BNM, I am expecting my creta sx on 16th.Just to give heads up, dealer insurance premium was 55k which is 15k more than ICICI lomabard quote out side. Today I went Trident dealer to discussed about this and directly got 11k discount on insurance. Guys please verify your insurance premium and compare, then take a call.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed